Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Yerfdog Mafia Game #26: Witchcraft Mafia

Mafia Game #26: Witchcraft Mafia

“WITCH! WITCH!” One of the townspeople shouted.

“There he his! Get him!” Another said, pointing at a man who was running away.

The man quickly darted around the town, being careful to avoid other villagers that might be after him. He finally found an house that had no lights on, and hid inside. He crouched on the floor, just getting up occasionally to look out the window. Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by a soft, but piercing “MEOW”. He looked right behind him, and instantly became silent.

Sitting right there was a small, black cat with golden eyes, sitting there. That was not what was making him quiet. Standing just behind a table was a woman, who was wearing strange clothing.

“Excuse me,” She said, “But you’re in my house. Please leave.”

“Uh…” The man started to say something, but angry roars from a nearby crowd interrupted him.
The woman crossed over the room, and looked out a window.

“Oh,” She said, “They’re after you, aren’t they? I heard that this town was very superstitious, and that if you did something even remotely strange, they saw you as a witch, and burned you at the stake. Ever since that coven got here, it’s been getting worse.”

She turned to the man, and smiled.

“Don’t worry, I know you’re not a real witch. But I’m afraid the townspeople might not listen to me. Perhaps…” She turned toward a door, and started to open it, when the small cat stepped forward. The woman looked down, and patted the cat on the head. “Don’t worry,” She said. “I’ll only be gone for a little while. Stay here, and make sure this man is safe.” She then went outside, and shut the door, leaving the man alone with the furry feline. The small pet jumped on the windowsill, while the bewildered man leaned against the wall near it, being careful not to be spotted. Suddenly, more voices were heard.

“Who’s she?”

“She looks strange… Only a witch would dress like that!”

“Hey, Look in that window!”

The man froze.

“She owns a black cat! She must be a witch!’

The man sunk in relief, but was concerned about what would happen to the stranger who had just helped him. The cat, on the other hand, merely continued watching the scene outside, with its bright eyes.

The helpful stranger blinked, and almost couldn’t help smiling at how paranoid the town was. However, she knew this wouldn’t help, and calmly started talking.

“No, I am not a bad person.” She said.

“Huh?” One of the villagers looked confused. “But-“

“I am merely a traveler, wandering the lands with my pet cat.” She said, cutting the person off. She looked around the crowd. “I came here to rest for the night, but I’m afraid that it looks like I may have to do something about this in order to stay here peacefully. You’re having a problem with witches, right now, aren’t you?

“Wizards too! Well, Wizard.” The confused villager added.

"Actually," The strange looking woman began, "That is a common misconception. Wizards and Witches are basically-"

“It doesn’t matter!” The man said, cutting off the woman who had cut him off earlier. “There’s bad people here, and they’re trying to destroy us, one by one! Now, what are you going to do about it?”

The woman frowned, and couldn’t help but notice how rude this town was. But, she sighed, and said, “If you continue to burn everyone you think is a witch, you’re just doing the coven’s work for them. At this rate, there will be nobody left.”

At this point, some notable reactions took place in the crowd. One person smiled, as if the thought of hundreds of people burning to a crisp was funny, while another person had mixed reactions, as though that person couldn’t decide if that were a good thing, or a bad thing, while another person searched the crowd, as if looking for someone…

The woman saw these things, and thought for a second. She then shook her head, and continued. “I will help you decide who to burn at the stake. We will have a discussion about it, vote on it, and I’ll keep track of everything. When enough people have voted, we’ll burn the person at the stake. Hopefully, there’s more of a chance we’ll get a member of the coven, or another evildoer that way.”

One of the crowd members frowned, and glared at the woman, as if that person didn’t like that idea, while another looked around nervously, and started to shake, while at the same time, another person continued looking around the crowd, not even listening to what was going on. “Okay.” One of the non-reacting villagers said. “Let’s go.”

The crowd and the woman started walking toward the town. The woman looked back at the cat, still looking through the windowsill, and nodded. The cat then bit the hiding man’s hand gently, as if telling him to follow it. The cat then trotted off into the darkness, as the man followed. Back in the crowd, one of the villagers suddenly stopped, and looked at the woman.

“By the way, what should we call you?”

The woman smiled, and replied, “You can call me Mrs.Medium.”

NIGHT 1

PMS WILL BE SENT OUT SHORTLY. NO TALKING UNTIL DAY.

Current Players:

Chaucer
CheeseLord
Chrstian
Connor S.
Coolguy
diginova
ducklegion
ElMinkkino
Julian
Justin
Mossysox
PlasmaCannonsRule
regeneratorizer
Roland
SpaceManiac
Ufo-Man
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Hammered; 11-17-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: List alphabetized for player convenience
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
Wesley

Yerfdog Re: Mafia Game #26: Witchcraft Mafia

After a long walk back to the town. Mrs. Medium noticed something. A few citizens were missing from the group... Sure enough though, by half an hour, the rest showed up. Well, almost all of the rest. Diginova was nowhere to be seen. They started to retrace their steps back to Mrs.Medium's house.

They found Diginova lying on the ground, and they thought the worst. Mrs.Medium ran up to him, but suddenly stopped, when Diginova got up, and faced the crowd. "Sorry," He said. "I dropped a book earlier, and I was looking for it." He held up the hardcover book, and everyone saw the title, "To Serve Man" on it. Everyone gasped, and Diginova looked annoyed. "No, it's not that kind of book. It's a cookbook. I also have the other volume, "To Serve Woman". I was going to have a surprise breakfast, with all sorts of delicious food, but I couldn't find many ingredients..."

Mrs.Medium blinked, and then said, "Oh. Well, let's get back to Grim Grove." They started walking, but Diginova stopped them.

"Also," He said. "Roland's dead."

Everyone gasped.

"I tripped over him while looking for my book, I was going to get help, but it looks like he's turned to stone pretty good." Diginova looked at Roland, who was standing in the middle of the road, with a surprised expression. Mrs. Medium examined him, then gave a sad sigh.

"There's nothing I can do... Well, let's get him back to town. Maybe we can use him as a pole to keep my tent up. HEAVE HO!" Everyone started pushing him back to Grim Grove, just as the sun rose.

DAY 1

Alive Players:

Chaucer
CheeseLord
Chrstian
Connor S.
Coolguy
diginova
ducklegion
ElMinkkino
Julian
Justin
PlasmaCannonsRule
Mossysox
regeneratorizer
SpaceManiac
Ufo-Man

Not-so-alive Players:

Roland - Angry Citizen

Also, throughout the game, I will send Plot PMs to many people. They're basically little bits of the story that only apply to you, or a couple other people. They have no real effect, except to add to the atmosphere. When I send them, please do not reply to them, as there's nothing really to reply to.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic

Last edited by Hammered; 11-17-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: List alphabetized for player convenience
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Default Re: Mafia Game #26: Witchcraft Mafia

Yay! It's day 1! Is no lynch allowed today?
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
Justin
I don't know

Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via MSN to Justin

Hey, witchcrafters.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Wow, I feel like Wackiewatty.

Anywho, I am absolutely 87% sure that SpaceManiac is a PM'er and that he was the last one to get his PM in.

Also, SpaceManiac, if he is the Godfather, might be getting revenge on me for Magic Mafia. Also, a more experienced person, or somebody that has played or watched him play, would have killed Coolguy. And SM has never played with CG.

I know it may sound crazy, but the last two games I had random feeling about a person right when Day 1 started and I was correct in that they were mafia (Christian and Jamul). Phear me!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Do we get to see Roland's role?

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I agree that SM probably has a PM- He was asking if Wes posted yet in the Chat but Wes had not mentioned that he was posting. (Although I guess that Wes may have mentioned it before I came in) This certainly doesn't mean he's a witch, though.

And bah, thanks a lot, Roland, now the witches will kill me!!!!

EDIT: And I poked Wes about the role in the Chat- He said 'Whoops', so I'm guessing that he's editing it in.

Last edited by Coolguy; 11-16-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I am most certainly NOT mafia! I was in the chat with Wesley at the time and he announced it to me, so I posted the question I had.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #9
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
but Wes had not mentioned that he was posting.
Actually, he had.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
Coolguy
Couch Potato

He had? It must've been a bit before I came in, then.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Yay! It's day 1! Is no lynch allowed today?
In a word, no. This is why I started at night, so there would be no need for a No Lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord View Post
Do we get to see Roland's role?
Whoops, I forgot... Anyway, I'm not very good at quoting roles, but Roland was an Angry Citizen. (A Vanilla Townie)
Old 11-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #12
CatWoman
Brainiac!

Hi, everyone. This sounds fun! I guess we'll be burning people at the stake instead of lynching them.

Last edited by CatWoman; 11-16-2007 at 06:26 PM.
CatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Anyway, I'm not very good at quoting roles, but Roland was an Angry Citizen. (A Vanilla Townie)
O RLY? I don't think so 4 some reeson.....
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #14
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

BURN!!! <_< >_> I mean... You didn't see anything... Anyways, hey all you guys? How bout we do this in a logical fashion! Everyone strap a lead weight onto your ankle, and jump in the pool! Whoever survives can be burned at the stake by the remained townies!
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #15
Hammered
Nailed It!

Wesley is the host - if he says someone is an angry citizen / plain vanilla townie, it's probably safe to take him at his word. By the way, don't try to vote me out for posting. I am an NPC.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Medium
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

vote to burn: Hammered! Jking of course. But I'm just trying to get the game moving... Someone speak up! Youll save everyones time if your a witch, and you say so!
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

Well.... We need to lynch somebody, so we need the cop to tell who he inspected, and the doctor will protect him. We will hope he is a normal cop and when he inspected, it was scum. Also inspect yourself to make sure you are a normal cop.

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #18
CatWoman
Brainiac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
O RLY? I don't think so 4 some reeson.....
Well, here's something to think about. Why did PCR doubt Wesley when he said Roland was an angry citizen / townie? There's one possible reason I can think of why PCR would question this. Maybe HIS role PM listed him as a witch and he therefore doesn't know that an angry citizen is a townie in this game. Could PCR be a witch? What does everyone else think?

EDIT: Having just read what Wesley said about not lying, maybe I misunderstood PCR. Was he simply questioning whether or not Wesley was good at quoting roles, or did he not know what an angry citizen was? Now I'm confused, so just ignore me. I would delete this post if I could!

Last edited by CatWoman; 11-16-2007 at 07:20 PM.
CatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #19
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufo-Man View Post
Well.... We need to lynch somebody, so we need the cop to tell who he inspected, and the doctor will protect him. We will hope he is a normal cop and when he inspected, it was scum. Also inspect yourself to make sure you are a normal cop.
The cop shouldn't waste an inspection on himself unless he has to claim- One of his inspectees might die.

And the best protection is secrecy. The cop should remain silent until he finds a Mafia (and is sure he isn't insane).

Last edited by Coolguy; 11-16-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #20
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammered View Post
Wesley is the host - if he says someone is an angry citizen / plain vanilla townie, it's probably safe to take him at his word. By the way, don't try to vote me out for posting. I am an NPC.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Medium
My clever co-host is right. I would never lie about someone's role, and I don't know what I would have to gain by doing that, even if I did.

P.S. I wasn't very good at quoting roles before too. Check my last mafia game.