Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Default Mafia #28 - Loonyland 2 Mafia

Mafia Game #28 - Loonyland 2 Mafia

~~~

Welcome to the town of Eisburg!

Winter Woods is cold. Everyone knows that. However, nobody expected it to get this cold - mostly in the hearts of some shady group. A series of robberies, smuggling, and acts of violence have taken place throughout the land. Many people have moved into Eisburg, seeing how it's the safest place in Winter Woods, and it beats living in a cave. However, it seems not even Eisburg is safe anymore...

You wake up this morning to a sudden chill down your spine. You stumble out of bed and out of your cabin to see what the clamor was. You quickly find out.

Four huge walls of snow surround the village. You try pounding on one of them, but it's no use - the stuff's been soundly constructed and hard-packed, like there was concrete inside of it. You notice as the other citizens wake up to pretty much notice the same thing you're noticing. Suddenly, someone notices something new and lets out a shriek. You gather 'round to find the body of Rupert Roper, with a piece of paper nearby. It looks like he got a pretty bad papercut - oh wait, there's a knife in his back. You pick up the note. It reads,

"Dear Winter Woods,

You have such a lovely place here. The only problem with it is that it's way too happy for our standards. We've decided to take it over for ourselves and fix that. To do it, we set up a snow machine to barricade you all in, and now we'll get through with the extermination business. Have fun!

- The Mafia"

Of course, you are shocked and furious at this group of no-gooders. It takes a while, but nearly everyone concludes that the Mafia must still be among them, the best way to save Winter Woods is through mob justice. You take the rope from Rupert's dead body, slant the Festivus pole in the town square, and make a nice little noose. However, it took you a while to think of this strategy and tie the rope (Rupert was always the best at that stuff), and now it is far too late in the day to do anything yet.

So, now it's the time for YOU to go back to bed, and deliver that mob justice in tomorrow.

--
RULES!
  1. Votes should look like: Vote: Player, otherwise I won't count 'em.
  2. This is not mandatory, but please state your unvotes as Unvote.
  3. One may Vote: No Lynch, and a majority of such votes will end the day without a hanging.
  4. Once the majority votes gets through, no unvotes can stop the hanging.
  5. Do not post anything game-related at night.
  6. If you die, do not post anything game-related. A simple "Bah! Go town/scum!" I don't mind, but keep your information to yourself. The only exception for this is anyone who gets killed on Night 1, and that person must post the last gasp before the next night.
  7. Never show PMs from the me to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden. Fake PMs are also included in this.
  8. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the group, and then only do that at night.
  9. Night lasts about 48 hours. Please send night choices before then or you will be considered to take no action.
  10. If day drags on too long, a deadline will be imposed. If there is no majority vote before then, no hanging will occur.
  11. If you start lurking, you're gonna get replaced.
  12. Modkilling during the day takes the place of a hanging.
  13. If you have any questions, ask by PM or post it in the thread.
  14. I am not perfect, so if I make a mistake, feel free to point it out.
  15. This is a game! Have fun, don't be a jerk, etc. etc.
Here is what an example Role PM looks like...

Quote:
Welcome to Ropes n' Ropes! You are Rupert! You make a living selling ropes. However, your customers always use them for making walkways across cliffs. There must be a lot of tightrope walkers in Winter Woods.

You are a townie. You have no special abilities, except for your brain and vote - use 'em! You win with the town.
PLAYER LIST
  1. CheeseLord
  2. Connor S.
  3. Coolguy
  4. diginova
  5. ducklegion
  6. ElMikkino
  7. Hammered
  8. Julian
  9. Licking Post
  10. Mr.Onion
  11. PlasmaCannonsRule
  12. regeneratorizer
  13. Roland
  14. Sillyman
  15. SpaceManiac
  16. Ufo-Man

REPLACEMENTS
  1. Wesley
  2. chaucer
  3. Blackduck
  4. Hammer Up!
  5. BunnyBot 5000
  6. rtys
It is NIGHT 1! Do not post yet... just send in any questions you have you have or night actions to me!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Licking Post
Tongue of the Forum

Default Re: Mafia #28 - Loonyland 2 Mafia

Sorry about the night post, but this is kinda important. I didn't expect the game to start this soon, and I'm still too busy to play. Please send somebody to replace me.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Okay, just don't comment about your role or anything

PLAYER LIST
  1. CheeseLord
  2. Connor S.
  3. Coolguy
  4. diginova
  5. ducklegion
  6. ElMikkino
  7. Hammered
  8. Julian
  9. Wesley (replacing Licking Post)
  10. Mr.Onion
  11. PlasmaCannonsRule
  12. regeneratorizer
  13. Roland
  14. Sillyman
  15. SpaceManiac
  16. Ufo-Man
REPLACEMENTS
  1. chaucer
  2. Blackduck
  3. Hammer Up!
  4. BunnyBot 5000
  5. rtys
Old 12-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
diginova
Dumb Person

Blankity

Last edited by diginova; 12-16-2007 at 06:36 PM.
diginova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Mafia #28 - Loonyland 2 Mafia

Get back to sleep, silly Digi- It's night!

Also, Mafia chatting:

Dumb Folks]: ducklegion has entered at 2:43
2:43 [ducklegion]: digi night posted!
2:43 [SpaceManiac]: Greetings from Geekatoopia!
2:43 [SpaceManiac]: he's evil
2:44 [SpaceManiac]: he can't vote!
2:44 [SpaceManiac]: It's not day!
2:44 [SpaceManiac]: And random-voting is evil!
2:44 [SpaceManiac]: And I'm pretty sure it's not even random!
2:44 [ducklegion]: ****
Justin marks digi on possible mafia list.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Re: Mafia #28 - Loonyland 2 Mafia Signups

Grrrrr....... I wanted to play this game, but no, it had to start before I move..... I have hardly any time to do anything for now, so I need a replacement.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
Hammered
Nailed It!

In another thread, chaucer posted that he wouldn't be around for more than another week, so PK may wish to bypass him in favor of Blackduck.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

On another note, I'll be absent tommorrow. Tuesday I'll be up and running again, though! Got work all day monday, y'know.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Just a reminder, night is over in about 17 hours... I don't have everyone's night actions yet!

Oh, chaucer will be replacing Julian - he will tell me if he gets too busy...

PLAYER LIST
  1. chaucer (replacing Julian)
  2. CheeseLord
  3. Connor S.
  4. Coolguy
  5. diginova
  6. ducklegion
  7. ElMikkino
  8. Hammered
  9. Mr.Onion
  10. PlasmaCannonsRule
  11. regeneratorizer
  12. Roland
  13. Sillyman
  14. SpaceManiac
  15. Ufo-Man
  16. Wesley (replacing Licking Post)
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Blackduck
  2. Hammer Up!
  3. BunnyBot 5000
  4. rtys
Old 12-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

You wake up this morning to the smell of something burning. You love the smell of something burning in the morning - no you don't. You're pretty sure nobody's cooking breakfast for you right now.

You look outside to where it's coming from. It looks like some fried pancake... Wait a second... it's diginova! You rush outside to see if you can revive diginova, trying everything - giving CPR, dousing him with water, even flipping digi's now pancake like body with a giant spatula. It's no use - they got 'im!

You vaguely make out a sign that diginova was carrying. It reads,

"BOUAPHA
4:11"

diginova/Betty has been squashed and burnt. He was a townie. He also gets a last gasp (the only one in the game!!).

~~

ALIVE
  1. chaucer (replacing Julian)
  2. CheeseLord
  3. Connor S.
  4. Coolguy
  5. ducklegion
  6. ElMikkino
  7. Hammered
  8. Mr.Onion
  9. PlasmaCannonsRule
  10. regeneratorizer
  11. Roland
  12. Sillyman
  13. SpaceManiac
  14. Ufo-Man
  15. Wesley (replacing Licking Post)
DEAD
  1. diginova (squashed and burnt, Betty/Townie)
--

It's Day 1! 8 votes to string 'em up, Dan!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
Roland
Lynched Day 3

First day post!

EDIT: I have more to say, actually:

1. Was it any coincidence that Diginova died when he randomly voted Sillyman (the post's edited, but people can back me up)? Could he have gotten revenge? Something to consider....

2. Considering in the first post that PK posted what an example role PM looks like, I think Diginova was mafia janitor'd- How come we don't know his role? Either that or there's something strange about his role... Hmmm.

Last edited by Roland; 12-17-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo olol
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Alright, I had planned to do this last night, but unfortunately, my proof got himself killed. I happen to be Woody Woodsman, who, as you can probably guess, is the Tracker. Why am I claiming? As soon as I get shot, I won't be able to reveal my inspections because of that evil gasp rule, and there's not much of a risk because I figure the Mafia would've had a 99% chance of shooting me tonight anyways. Last night, I used my power on Diginova because it's always hard to figure out what team he's on without an inspection. Unfortunately, it was a complete waste of a night choice, and this claim won't be very effective (although the fact that nobody else will claim as the Woodsman will probably mostly prove me).

But I have some other very helpful information- I'm not sure if PK intended it to be figured out, but I am 99% sure that Connor S is a roleblocker, based on the fact that I only recieved my inspection after Connor finally visited and probably PMed. Connor, you better get claiming now, or I'll make sure you find yourself dangling from the Festivus pole before you have a chance to block me tonight.

Also, doctor, PROTECT ME. Don't do that idiotic thing doctors always do by protecting somebody else thinking that the Mafia don't have the guts to go after the power role. THEY ALWAYS DO!

Suspicions:
I immediately suspect Hammered because of the fact that she hasn't died yet. It would be a good idea for a cop to inspect her soon. Not much beyond that, as day just started.

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-17-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #13
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Hmm... something happened. It does appear Sillyman or Hammered could be on the mafia team.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Hmm... something happened. It does appear Sillyman or Hammered could be on the mafia team.
The Mafia could've been trying to frame him.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #15
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

Hm.... Well, I say that most likely hammered or Sillyman is a mafia.
But there is always a chance, and also, so you dont think I am mafia, I am a mason.
I say the doctor should protect Coolguy. I say coolguy is more better than me, so protect him.

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #16
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I would think there would be better targets out there than diginova for the mafia to kill. Of course, it gives rise to the school of thought CG is using to suspect Hammered, which is not typically a good type of reasoning. Actually, having just read through a list of mafia strategies, CG appears to be using plenty of the logical fallacies that mafia use. For example, trying to use the "You're alive, so you must be evil!" argument, claiming to be a cop to divert the doctor, or trying to convince Connor to roleclaim a power role. Maybe I'm overthinking things a bit, so I'll stop reading these strategies for now. Of course, it's also possible he really is a tracker, and just got unlucky. I'll hold my vote for now, at least until something else comes up.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.

Last edited by CheeseLord; 12-17-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #17
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

It was kinda weird Sillyman voted for Digi, and then digi died, but it seems like the mafia don't really vote for the person they're going to kill, from what I've seen in the last few games. Hammered and CG are more likely.
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #18
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Sillyman didnt vote for digi, digi voted sillyman. also- coolguy, why are you trying to get me to roleclaim? Huh? also- Id like someone to back up Ufos story. if he really IS a mason, SOMEBODY should speak up.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor S. View Post
Sillyman didnt vote for digi, digi voted sillyman. also- coolguy, why are you trying to get me to roleclaim? Huh? also- Id like someone to back up Ufos story. if he really IS a mason, SOMEBODY should speak up.
Because I think you're probably a Mafia roleblocker and I don't want my tracking tonight to be blocked.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Not mafia- and I myself can garuntee im not a roleblocker, as can Ufo as of tomorrow, if my hunch is right. if its wrong, this game is seriously broken, with two sets of masons.

Explanation: Just wait till tomorrow before you listen to coolguy and lynch me, because unless Im mistaken, ufo isnt a TRUE mason, hes a POTENTIAL mason. (ufo back me up if Im right.) if he is, I am his potential mason. basically, each night we try to find each toher, and once we do, we become masons. So, tonight, I will look at him, and we will be masonified, unless Ufo speaks up and says he is NOT in fact actually a potential mason. but tomorrow, if I am correct, you have a group of two proven townies. which not even Coolguy can convince you townies to lynch.

Anyways, hopefully this doesnt count as a role claim, as I never said my role name.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote