Making the world dumber...

Question Doomed world?

SpiderPumpkin please can i use your, doomed world.ogg
in my D.U. 1 boss level?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Default Re: Doomed world?

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. Anyway, feel free to use it for your world.
(NOTE: This only applies to the topic creator, who asked for permission. This does not apply to anyone else reading this thread. Thanks to people overusing HHX-PM music and/or claiming credit (or at least making no mention of the actual author), I do not permit anyone to use this song, or any other songs, without explicit permission anymore.)

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 01-09-2008 at 06:23 AM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #3
pumpkinbob
Making the world dumber...

Thanks SP
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

All creations made by users here and published by Hamumu are copyrighted and rights for distribution only given to Hamumu Software Inc. This all happens by sending your world in. No rights are given to anyone else to use the creation, even if Hamumu is publishing the use.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
using other's music is a COMPLIMENT!
Quote:
1. Any content must be your own creation. That means any tiles you add have to be your own drawing, any music you add must be your own creation, any sound effects must come from you (or friends gathered around your microphone). The obvious exceptions to this are that you can swipe tiles from any Hamumu worlds, and use all the built-in sound effects and songs. You can also use other builders' tiles, songs, and sounds - as long as you get their permission first! These aren't just the rules we apply, they're copyright law!
No permission, no using it, no matter if you would consider that a "compliment" or whatever. I don't consider it one, as the people overusing it managed to rapidly destroy much of the uniqueness of my worlds, which annoys me to no end. I don't know how often I have said this: The songs were made for my own worlds, they were never, ever intended as a "resource" that people could freely use. For the love of Yerfdog, make your own music! >_> I find it quite shocking how some people only seem to be waiting for other people to create something good so they can steal it, not even thinking about the fact that people might actually create stuff specifically as part of their own work and not as a donation to people who can't find other material to use.
Sorry if this seemed harsh, but this really annoys me.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

That's the life of the content creator, Spiderpumpkin... welcome to the world of piracy and entitlement! It's horrible.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
death
Banned

[you can't steal something that's free, plus, I always give acknowlegement (spelling?) to the maker If I know who it was.]plz disregard this.

I WOULD make my own if I had the utility I use on my working hard drive, but for now, I have to use other music.

p.s I didn't mean to be rude in my other post, I'm just a sarcastic person. and copywright, as far as my knowlege, goes to anyone who actually copywrights it ex: copywright 1999-2002 or something. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by death; 01-11-2008 at 09:32 PM.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
Jen
Dumb Person

Just because something is there for the taking does not mean that it is free. It also doesn't make it right to take it. That's why it's called stealing.

Sorry - disreguard mine too then.

Computer music files are another form of recording music. Both- creation and use - are protected and regulated by national and international copyright laws.

Last edited by Jen; 01-11-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: previous post edited
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
death
Banned

well, that makes sense, but at the same time it costs no money to ...er can't think of the right word... do what ever it is with the music so, it's technically free, but I get what you're saying.

and do you know how hard it is to replicate a lost creation? my harddrive with my own music is corrupted, and the ones I created in worlds were never put in because either wtg or jamul didn't link it. I certainly sent it to wtg, but the music was never published.

edit: ha, didn't see that, ah well.

Last edited by death; 01-11-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: another edit
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

All creations are copyrighted automatically when they are created, and even if they weren't, it would be immoral to use other peoples' work without their permission. When I put in the work to make something, it is up to me how I want to share it with others or not.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #11
Jen
Dumb Person

I do not make worlds so please do not laugh if this is stupid...

but aren't there some people out there that would want to make music for the world builders to use? Is there not some way to start some kind of communication (with the understanding that the music may only be used on a Hamumu game)? I mean, there has got to people who really like making the music bit and really don't want to do the world part.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
varkarrus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I do not make worlds so please do not laugh if this is stupid...

but aren't there some people out there that would want to make music for the world builders to use? Is there not some way to start some kind of communication (with the understanding that the music may only be used on a Hamumu game)? I mean, there has got to people who really like making the music bit and really don't want to do the world part.
I'm making a music pack for anyone who wants to use my songs in Supreme, without need for permission. So long as they don't claim the work as their own, I'm fine. If people do it a lot, I'll start needing permission.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #13
Jen
Dumb Person

"I'm making a music pack for anyone who wants to use my songs in Supreme, without need for permission. So long as they don't claim the work as their own, I'm fine. If people do it a lot, I'll start needing permission."

To Varkarrus---

Maybe you could start a thread for people looking for music. They could PM the creator or whatever and give the creator credit for the music.

Last edited by Jen; 01-12-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: messed up the quote
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
varkarrus
Banned

That's a pretty good idea. I think that I will make music on request, so long as it doesn't take up all my time.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote