Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 02-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default DreadStar RPG

(NOTE: No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the comics. In fact, I came up with the title, then looked it up and found the comics.)

I have been planning out an MMORPG named DreadStar for years (despite having very little programming skillz). And I decided it would be a good idea to release it onto Hamumu. Some basic info;

1. It is science fantasy themed, meaning it has elements commonly found in fantasy (such as magic, dragons, gods, and so forth) and sci-fi (such as cybernetics, genetic enhancement, etc.)

2. The level cap is 65 (I'll increase it to 70 when I think a good amount of people are ready for the final dungeon, Dread Core)

3. Skill Categories: Whenever you level, you get Level Points which can be put into one of 3 class-specific categories, giving you new skills, bonuses, and every 10 or so points you put into a category, you get a 1% bonus to all skills in the category.

4. Preferred & Specialty Classes: Each race has a Preferred Class (IE: A Goblin's Preferred Class is Shaman). Once a player playing a character's Preffered Class reaches level 20, they may choose to change to a Specialty Class, which gives them a new category that replaces an old one. For instance, I am playing a Human Paladin, and he reaches level 20. I may go talk to my trainer and he will have a quest called "Rites of the Crusader". When I complete it, I replace my Shadowhunting category with Holy Fury category.

Alright, how to sign up;

1. Fill this out;

Name (try to make it sound fantasy-esque):
Race:
Class:
Personality:
Age (Must Not Be Above Life Expectancy):
History\Other Notes:

And that's it for signing up. Now then, races, factions, & classes;

(Races & Factions on the next post, then classes)
Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
PlasmaCannonsRule

Default DreadStar RPG: Factions & Races: Part 1

Northern Empire

The Northern Empire is actually not a northern territory. It was actually named due to its position relative to the now-defeated Southern Empire. The citizens of the Northern Empire strive for feats of heroic valor and courage, and to annihilate all evil in the known universe.

Human
Appearance: A peculiar upright-walking slim pink-skinned gorilla.
Available Classes: All
Preferred Classes: Paladin
Specialty Class: Crusader
Life Expectancy: 50-70 years.
History: The Humans were a nomad tribe, and the first race created by the Gods, only unified when combating the insidious dark god Erdras. Afterwards, they formed three factions; The Northern Empire, the Southern Empire, and Hekk's Worshippers. However, eventually the Northern Empire managed to succeeed in conquering the Southern Empire. Now, the valorous defenders of humanity must protect Eralthiania.
My Notes: Very balanced race. Class really doesn't matter much here.

Dwarf
Appearance: Short, stocky humans. Males are forbidden to shave their beards (which usually start growing at the age of 5)
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Heretic, Necromancer, Barbarian, Cyborg, Sorcerer
Preferred Class: Knight
Specialty Class: Thane
Life Expectancy: 200-300 years.
History: Soon to come.
My Notes: Very stout people, but fairly intelligent. Make very good defensive Knights, Paladins, and Barbarians, and fair offensive Knights, Cyborgs, and Sorcerers. Heretics, Necromancers, and Wizards are available, but they don't show the dwarf's true colors.

Wood Elf
Appearance: Tall slim pointy-eared humans. Their hair, which is usually worn long and freeflowing, is usually bright red, brown, very light brown, or white.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Shaman, Ranger, Ninja, Priest, Druid, Sorcerer, Bard
Preferred Class: Ranger
Life Expenctancy: 1,000-1,500 years.
Specialty Class: Warden
My Notes: Very agile and Nature-tuned race. Make excellent Rangers and Druids, very good Ninjas, Bards, and Sorcerers, and fair Shamans. Wizards and Knights are available, but aren't as effective as the other classes.

Halfling
Appearance: Very short humans. Around shoulder height of Dwarves.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Shaman, Heretic, Necromancer, Ninja, Bard
Preferred Class: Ninja
Specialty Class: Rogue
Life Expectancy: 30-55 years.
My Notes: Very dexterous and crafty race. Make excellent Ninjas and Bards, and fair Wizards, Heretics, and Necromancers. Knights and Shamans are available, but Halfling Knights can get killed far easier than other Knights, and Halflings just don't have good Shaman stats.

Djinn
Appearance: Neon blue-skinned humans with glowing eyes. Males usually wear a beard made of blue energy. Hair is always white or black.
Available Classes: Wizard, Paladin, Heretic, Necromancer, Ninja, Priest, Sorcerer
Preferred Class: Wizard
Specialty Class: Starbrethren
Life Expectancy: Unknown. Presumably immortal.
My Notes: As hinted by their classes, very magically adept race. Make excellents Wizards, Heretics, Necromancers, Priests, and Sorcerers, and fair Paladins and Shamans. Ninjas are available, but you have your work cut out for you if you try one.

Golem
Appearance: A large metal made human.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Barbarian, Cyborg
Specialty Class: Tank
Life Expectancy: Depends on maitinence.
My Notes: The best race in the game when it comes to defense. I mean, the Tank specialty class would be literal if you added a crew, wheels, and a missile launcher! Anyhow, makes excellent Knights, very good Barbarians and Cyborgs, and fair Paladins. Arcane Wizard Golems are possible, but possibly the hardest to play combination in the game.

Skyguard
Appearance: They look like angels. However, their wings are used for gliding and long jumps, not flying.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Ranger, Priest, Sorcerer, Bard
Preferred Class: Paladin
Specialty Class: Sentinel
Life Expectancy: Around 1,000 years before they vanish in a flash of light before reincarnating.
My Notes: Excellent Paladins and Priests, very good Knights, Wizards, and Sorcerers, and fair Rangers and Bards.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
PlasmaCannonsRule

Default DreadStar RPG: Races & Factions Part 2

Darkmoon Rebellion

History coming soon.

Minotaur
Appearance: Half-human, half-bull.
Available Classes: Knight, Shaman, Heretic, Necromancer, Ranger, Barbarian, Cyborg, Sorcerer
Specialty Class: Bruiser
Life Expectancy: 40-80 years. Although, due to their warlike society, few reach 40.
History: [insert something a bit less bland than "Soon to come." here]
My Notes: Like the history ? Anyhow, make excellent Knights, Barbarians, and Cyborgs, very good Shamans, and fair Heretics and Necromancers. Wizards and Rangers are available, but I don't recommend them.

Orc
Appearance: Very buff green-skinned humans. Males always have tusks, and females always have fangs.
Available Classes: All
Preffered Class: Barbarian
Specialty Class: Berserker
Life Expectancy: 50 years (although due to their warlike society, few make it past 20)
History: Guess what? Soon to come.
My Notes: A very versatile race. Just that they make poor Wizards and Sorcerers.

Goblin
Appearance: Half-human, half frilled lizard.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Shaman, Ninja, Barbarian, Sorcerer, Bard, Priest, Druid
Preffered Class: Shaman
Specialty Class: Desert Spirit
Life Expectancy: 30-60 years
History: I hate typing this over and over again; Soon to come.
My Notes: Excellent Shamans, very good Ninjas, Barbarians, Knights, Sorcerers, Bards, and Paladins, and fair Wizards and Priests.

Gargoyle
Appearance: Stonemade half-man, half bat creatures. Wings are used for the same purpose as Skyguards.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Heretic, Necromancer, Cyborg, Sorcerer
Preffered Class: Necromancer
Life Expectancy: Around an estimated 800 years before their power core burns out.
History: Coming soon to a post near you!
My Notes: Excellent Necromancers, Heretics, and Sorcerers, and fair Wizards and Cyborgs. However, even though they are available, Gargoyle Knights are very brittle.

Dark Elf
Appearance: Dark violet-skinned Wood elves with snakelike yellow eyes.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Heretic, Necromancer, Ranger, Ninja, Priest, Sorcerer
Preffered Class: Heretic
Specialty Class: Demonologist
Life Expectancy: 1,000 to 4,000 years
History: Lol u shal nevr noe....
My Notes: Excellent Heretics, Necromancers, Ninjas, and Sorcerers, and fair Knights, Rangers, Priests, and Wizards.

Wraith
Appearance: Males are humans made of blue spirit flame with glowing yellow or red eyes. Females are ghostly humans except with no mouth, slitted eyes, and claws with glowing yellow or violet eyes.
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Ranger, Paladin, Heretic, Ninja, Priest, Sorcerer, Bard
Preffered Class: Bard
Specialty Class: Wailing Spirit
Life Expectancy: They're already dead.
History: BOO! Coming soon!
My Notes: They were initially Banshees (which the the official categorization of female wraiths), then Nether Elves, but then I figured that there would be to many elves. Anyhow, pretty balanced on all classes, maybe leaning a bit toward the damage caster side.

Nephilim
Appearance: Skyguards with black eyes, red scaly skin, and black skeletal wings
Available Classes: Knight, Wizard, Heretic, Necromancer, Ninja, Sorcerer, Bard
Preffered Class: Heretic
Specialty Class: Fallen One
Life Expectancy: Immortal.
History: *sigh* You already know....
My Notes: Fallen Skyguards. Excellent Heretics, Necromancers, and Sorcerers, very good Wizards and Ninjas, fair Knights and Bards.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
PlasmaCannonsRule

Default Re: DreadStar RPG

Order of Nature

History coming soon.

Gorilla
Appearance: You know what a gorilla looks like, don't you?
Available Classes: Knight, Paladin, Shaman, Ranger, Barbarian, Cyborg
Preffered Class: Barbarian
Specialty Class: War Ape
Life Expectancy: 40-60 years. However, due to their warlike society, few make it to 40.
History: IM BORED!
My Notes: Excellent Knights, Barbarians, and Cyborgs, very good Shamans and Rangers, and fair Paladins.

Raptoridon
Appearance: Half-human, half raptor.
Available Classes: Knight, Paladin, Shaman, Heretic, Ranger, Ninja, Barbarian, Druid
Preffered Class: Ranger
Specialty Class: Hunter
Life Expectancy: 40-70 years.
History: Not yet, mortal.
My Notes: Excellent Shamans and Rangers, very good Ninjas, Barbarians, Knights, and Paladins, and fair Druids. Raptoridons, although capable of being, are not very good Heretics.

Gnoll
Appearance: Anthromorphic hyena.
Classes: Knight, Wizard, Heretic, Necromancer, Ranger, Ninja, Cyborg
Preffered Class: Cyborg
Specialty Class: Robotics Engineer
Life Expectancy: 70-120 years.
History: Soon to come. OMGosh, didn't see that coming, did you?
My Notes: Suprisingly, the most technologically advanced race in the game. Excellent Cyborgs, Wizards, Heretics, and Necromancers, very good Knights and fair Ninjas.

Sunbird
Appearance: Anthromorphic bird with bright orange and yellow feathers, with a blue yellow and red rings of feathers around their head.
Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Shaman, Ranger, Ninja, Priest, Druid, Sorcerer, Bard
Preffered Class: Priest
Specialty Class: Ascendant
Life Expectancy: Near immortal.
History: See lore for a basic overlook.
My Notes: Excellent Paladins, Priests, and Druids, very good Shamans, Ninjas, Sorcerers, and Bards, and fair Knights, Wizards, and Rangers.

Werecat
Appearance: Anthromorphic panther or leopard.
Classes: Knight, Shaman, Heretic, Ranger, Ninja, Barbarian, Priest, Druid, Bard, Necromancer
Preffered Class: Ninja
Specialty Class: Nightstalker
Life Expectancy: 90 years.
History: MEOW!
My Notes: Excellent Ninjas, Rangers, and Bards, very good Druids, Shamans, and Priests, and fair Knights, Heretics, and Barbarians.

Sylvanian
Appearance: A human with tree bark for skin and leaves for hair.
Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Shaman, Ranger, Priest, Druid, Sorcerer, Bard
Preffered Class: Druid
Specialty Class: Archdruid
Life Expectancy: 500-700 years.
History: Very slow. In the making.
My Notes: Excellent Druids, Rangers, Knights, and Bards, very good Paladins, Shamans, Priests, and Sorcerers, and fair Wizards.

Rakshasa
Appearance: Bright green-furred anthromorphic tigers with glowing green eyes.
Classes: Knight, Wizard, Paladin, Heretic, Ranger, Ninja, Barbarian, Priest, Druid
Preffered Class: Knight
Specialty Class: Outland Warrior
Life Expectancy: 5,000-10,000 years.
History: In another time.
My Notes: Excellent Knights, Wizards, Priests, very good Paladins, Heretics, Rangers, and Druids, and fair Ninjas and Barbarians.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
PlasmaCannonsRule

Default DreadStar RPG Classes & Signups

Classes
Knight
Valiant defenders of their kingdom.
Races: Every race but Djinns.
Category 1: Defensive Skills: Skills oriented towards the protection of the Knight and his\her allies.
Category 2: Offensive Skills: Skills oriented towards quickly slaying the enemy.
Category 3: Chivalry: The Knight's code of honor, which assists in combat with battle cries, insparation, and knowing how to properly strike your foe.
Weapons: Shortswords, Swords, Axes, Battleaxes, Maces, Warhammers, Longbows, Crossbows
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded Leather, Chainmail, Dragonscale, Half-Plate, Full Plate

Wizard
The bulk of a magical onslaught.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Halflings, Djinns, Golems, Skyguards, Orcs, Goblins, Gargoyles, Dark Elves, Wraiths, Nephilim, Gnoll, Sunbird, Sylvanian, Rakshasa.
Category 1: Fire Magic: Used primarily to blow up everything in sight.
Category 2: Ice Magic: Used to make your foes weaker.
Category 3: Arcane Magic: A good balance between Fire and Ice.
Weapons: Staffs, Shortswords, Daggers
Armor: Cloth

Paladin
Holy warriors that valiantly chase the dark forces of the universe. However, some evil races have twisted this holy magic for their own ends...
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Djinns, Golems, Skyguards, Orcs, Goblins, Wraiths, Gorillas, Raptoridons, Sunbirds, Sylvanians, Rakshasas
Category 1: Shadowhunting: The light that burns its way through the shadows.
Category 2: Sacred Weapons: Used to enchant the Paladin's gear with holy energy.
Category 3: Holy Words: Blessings for the warrior, auras for the leader, heals for the battle doctor, and perhaps a bane for darkness.
Weapons: Shortswords, Swords, Maces, Warhammers
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded Leather, Chainmail, Dragonscale, Half-Plate, Shields

Shaman
The spiritual advisors of the kingdoms.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Halflings, Minotaurs, Orcs, Goblins, Gorillas, Raptoridons, Sunbirds, Werecats, Sylvanians
Category 1: Spirituality: Spiritual spells; good for the soul.
Category 2: Earth Magiks: "Magik" is a term for powers that appear to be magic, but are not. Earth Magiks are "blessings" of the earth; they can be your armor or your club.
Category 3: Shard Merging: By purifying & crystalizing elemental energy found in certain areas, shards are formed. These skills allow you to use these shards to cast performance-enhancing spells or spells to devastate your foes.
Weapons: Shortswords, Axes, Maces, Staffs, Bows
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded Leather, Dragonscale, Shields

Heretic
Insidious manipulators of the forces of Hades (this game's equivalent of HPL)
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, Djinns, Minotaurs, Orcs, Gargoyles, Dark Elves, Wraiths, Nephilim, Raptoridon, Gnolls, Werecats, Rakshasas
Category 1: Corruption: The dark art of bending the soul to cause hideous effects to the body. Self-corruption, when done properly, however, can result in great power.
Category 2: Destruction: In my words; "The art of blowing up, igniting, ripping apart, and just generally destroying anything in the immediate vicinity".
Category 3: Hadean Gating: The practice of gating demonic minions into this dimension, and improving their abilities (1 demon minion allowed at once).
Weapons: Staffs, Daggers, Whips, Crossbows, Throwing Knifes

Necromancer
Those who wish for power over others usually end up as Necromancers, manipulators of the dead.
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, Djinns, Minotaurs, Orcs, Gargoyles, Dark Elves, Nephilim, Gnolls, Werecats
Category 1: Plague: This is many a Necromancer's choice to kill for their minions. Manipulating fatal and usually magical diseases.
Category 2: Dark Magic: The dark arts. Just pure dark arts. From shadowbending to exploding brains, this category has everything dark and gruesome.
Category 3: Necromancy: The practice of raising corpses as minions to use as soldiers. And, of course, making them more efficient. (the amount of minions you can have at once depends on the minion in question)
Weapons: Staffs, Daggers, Whips, Longbows, Throwing Daggers

Ranger
The guardians of nature and its wild beasts. Or those who want to push nature around for their own purposes.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Skyguards, Minotaur, Orcs, Dark Elves, Wraiths, Gorillas, Raptoridons, Sunbirds, Werecats, Sylvanians, Rakshasas
Category 1: Swiftness: The art of war dancing and quick combat.
Category 2: Archery: The art of working a bow. Aim up and fire away!
Category 3: Bestial Discipline: The art of training and taking certain aspects of beasts. In fact, it is rumoured that some Rangers who focus on this category even become beasts!
Weapons: Shortswords, Axes, Bows, Longbows, Crossbows
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded Leather, Chainmail, Dragonscale

Ninja
The stealthy and usually untrustworthy folks who live a life of either assassination for the king or theft.
Races: Human, Wood Elves, Halflings, Djinns, Orcs, Goblins, Dark Elves, Wraiths, Nephilim, Raptoridons, Gnolls, Sunbirds, Werecats, Rakshasas
Category 1: Psychic Arts: What, you didn't think Ninjas are capable of living a life of crime with weapon and wit alone, did you? No, their mental discipline allows them to use powerful psychic powers!
Category 2: Ninjistu: The common art of illusion, swift weapon skills, and shurikens. Everyone looves shurikens.
Category 3: Assassination: The art of killing an individual target swiftly and stealthily.
Weapons: Shortswords, Daggers, Shurikens, Throwing Knifes

Barbarian
The ferocious individuals who devote themselves to battle.
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Golem, Minotaur, Orc, Goblins, Gorillas, Raptoridon, Werecats, Rakshasas
Category 1: Blood Rage: The love of battle. The kind that makes your blood boil.
Category 2: Intimidation: The art of bullying others into doing what you want.
Category 3: Combat Skills: Even a naturally-born Barbarian needs to know how to wield a weapon.
Weapons: Everything but staffs and whips.
Armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded Leather

Cyborg
Cybernetically-enhanced warriors.
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Golems, Minotaurs, Orcs, Gargoyles, Gorillas, Gnolls
Category 1: Machinecrafting: The craft of creating various robots, cybernetic limbs, cybernetic armor, and performance-enhancing implanys. (Robot limit depends on robots being used)
Category 2: Programming: The art of programming, which, with good enough technology and skill, can eve be used to enhance the brain! Programming, in short, just means to improve through reprogramming certain functions. Also, robotic parts are useless without proper programming.
Category 3: Cyber Skills: The skill of projecting cybernetic rays into reality, performing everything from barriers to lasers.
Weapons: Cybernetic Weapons, Guns, Shortswords, Swords
Armor: Cloth, Cybernetic Armor

Priest
Priests are preachers of whatever gods the user worships, usually Lorian or Messilous.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Djinns, Skyguards, Orcs, Dark Elves, Wraiths, Sunbird, Werecat, Sylvanian, Rakshasa
Category 1: Light Magic: The exact opposite of Dark Magic, Light Magic is used to help others and harm only evil.
Category 2: Holy Words: Words of holiness to inspire good and destroy evil.
Category 3: Zeal: Priests use zeal like certain athletes use steroids. Except it's not illegal.
Weapons: Staffs, Maces

Druid
The guardians of nature.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Raptoridons, Sunbirds, Werecats, Sylvanians, Rakshasas
Category 1: Nature Magic: A balance of healing, buffs, debuffs, and a few offensive spells.
Category 2: Nature's Gifts: A good amount of buffs and heals. Good for anyone with the intention of excessive grouping.
Category 3: Bestial Discipline: No, it is not the Ranger's art of training beasts. It is the arts of shapeshifting into these beasts. And improving upon their feralness.
Weapons: Staffs, Daggers
Armor: Cloth, Leather

Sorcerer
Your basic herbalists and alchemists. With a decent amount of offensive power thrown in.
Races: Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, Wood Elves, Djinns, Skyguards, Minotaurs, Orcs, Goblins, Gargoyles, Dark Elves, Gargoyles, Nephilim, Sunbirds, Sylvanians
Category 1: Conjuring: Allows the Sorcerer to conjure magical items.
Category 2: Magik Casting: Allows the Sorcerer to use reagents to cast magiks.
Category 3: Enchanting: Allows the Sorcerer to enchant things. Good and bad.
Weapons: Staffs, Shortswords

Bard
Traveling entrapeneurs with magical songs.
Races: Humans, Wood Elves, Halflings, Skyguards, Orcs, Goblins, Wraiths, Nephilim, Sunbirds, Werecats, Sylvanians
Category 1: Flute: The Flute releases peaceful melodies. AKA, buffs & heals.
Category 2: Drums: Drums are used as combat effictiveness increasers, intimidation, and even calling fire from the sky!
Category 3: Song: A balance between Flute and Drums.
Weapons: Daggers, Staffs, Throwing Knives, Flutes, Drums
Armor: Cloth, Leather

(NOTE: Specialties will be explained as they are unlocked)

None Yet!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
souperzombie
All your brains belong to me!

Name: Chaos
Race: Minotaur
Class: Cyborg
Personality: Proud and Cocky.
History\Other Notes: Nobody knows. He lost his memory, and woke up...in...a...STRANGE LAB. (Dun dun dunnn) He escaped. Blah.

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.
souperzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

*making rest*
Old 02-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
PlasmaCannonsRule

It won't let me edit the signups.... So here they are!

Souperzombie
-Chaos (Level 1 Minotaur Cyborg)

Sonicfan7
-Theogril (Level 1 Wood Elf Sorcerer)

Hammer Up!
-Shadow (Level 1 Gargoyle Necromancer)

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 02-20-2008 at 04:44 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
PlasmaCannonsRule

Default DreadStar RPG Mythology: The Creation

The Creation-
In the beginning, there was only the Kingdom of the Gods. Then, out of the far corners of existence, came a maelstrom of pure sin. Nobody knew where it came from. The Gods came up with many ways to stop it. Lorian, Godess of Light, and her demigods, Messilous the Bright and Hekk the Vindicator, thought to merge all matter in the Maelstrom into a single point and fusing it. Darthro, God of Darkness, and his demigods, Medusa the Terror and Minos the Tyrant, plotted to destroy the Maelstromís creator. Stevast, God of Fire, his demigods, Hellius the Brutal and Hiera the Smoldering, suggested destroying the Kingdom, including the Maelstrom, and then rebuild it. Thresta, the Godess of Storms and Earth, and her demigods, Sietra the Breeze-Warden and Melaous the Furious, wanted to raise a mortal army to combat the Maelstrom and its creator. Aether, the God of Spirits, whos demigods are Fate and Gimmeaper the Spirit Keeper, who exists but is nonexistent, was silent, contemplating only the outcome. Their argument continued for months, years, decades, centuries, perhaps even a millenia, while the all-consuming Maelstrom continued to ravage the Kingdom. They were silenced when Messilous, striking out on his own crusade to stop the Maelstrom, suffered a horrible death in the Maelstrom. Then, they all agreed on a plan. First, Sevast rended the Kingdom, letting the Maelstrom sink through the cracks at certain points. Then, Threstra created numerous races throughout the shattered Kingdom. Finally, after the races vanquished the dark creatures of the Maelstrom, Lorian banished the creator, Darthroís forsaken son Erdras, inside a large planar object created from the merged remains the Maelstrom, called the Eternal Prison of Erdras.
However, Erdrasís angry, vengeful spirit eventually shattered the Eternal Prison into three pieces, each one containing part of his infuriated spirit. One of them, the Star of Terror, produced hordes of dark creatures that terrorized the mortal denizens of the Universe. The Gods, pondering whst to do, did nothing to assist the mortal races, who were fighting for their very existence. Then, a shrill cry of hope rang throughout the Universe. Messilousís soul, still watching the Universe, turned the mortal AhlíRahz, the bird-men of the Zellanous Desert and Messilousís most zealous worshippers, into the majestic Sunbirds, who gave the mortals the gift of the Godís power; Magic. With it, the mortals and Sunbirds fought a war against Erdrasís dark army. And, though both mortal and Sunbird lives were taken, Erdrasís army was forced into Messilinia, the planet upon which Messilousís spirit lies. Then, Messilousís spirit rose, and, with the power of one thousand suns, annihilated Erdrasís army with a scream that shattered the Star of Terror. The mortals throughout the Universe rejoiced, while watched by their Sunbird guardians.
However, Erdrasís wicked presence remained. Millenias later, another fraction of the Eternal Prison, the Star of Dread, drifted near our planet Eralthiania. By then, the mortal races were no longer united. The Minotaurs, Gargoyles, Orcs, and Goblins were now slaves of the Northern Empire, which was consistent of Humans, Dwarves, Wood Elves, Halflings, and Golems, and nature was independently upholder by the Order of Nature, which were the Werecats, Sylvanians, and the legendary Sunbirds. Eventually, war broke out between the slave races and the Northern Empire, starting with a few Minotaur and Orc uprisings. The Goblins took took advantage of the ensuing war to escape to the Narhzan Desert. Eventually, the Minotaurs and Orcs, now under the new empire, the Darkmoon Rebellion, captured the control crystals for the vicious Gargoyles. Then, whilst the Minotaurs reentered their ancestral home, the Deep Labyrinths, the Orcs left after their Goblin underlings. Eventually, through bribery, threats, and fighting, the Goblins reluctantly joined the Rebellion. However, a few months after the first uprising, a meteor hit the Star of Dread, sending a shart towards Eralthiania. It landed in the Dawnrise Mountains, home of Sunbirds, where its corrupting influence began rapidly sapping the power of the Sunbirds. Between that time and the Rebellion siezing control of the Gargoyles, a second meteor hit the Star of Dread, this time impacting the Drash-Zhindia Isles, where its power granted primal intelligence to some of the native raptors, along with a slightly warped appearance, while granting the Gnolls awesome intellect, along with shattering the island
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Name:Hammer Down
Race:Gargolye
Class:Necromancer
History/Other Notes:TOP SECRET!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
PlasmaCannonsRule

Chaos: You are in the town of Hironia, inside the sprawling Nargol Caverns. Your mentor, Dr. Vaaughn Rendheart gives you 2 quests;

1. A Small Favor....
Objective: Deliver the Rendheart Time Capsule to the burial field in Fulash Chamber southeast of Hironia, and bury it in the Rendheart Mound. Watch out for the Fulash tribe of Fungissians (fungus-people).
Reward: 10 copper, 1 Simple Cybernetic Arm

2. Captain Hironash the 3rd
Objective: Deliver the Cyborg Training Report to Captain Hironash the 3rd, who guards the plateau overlooking Thornscar Chasm.
Reward: 5 Copper.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
Sonicfan7
Large Mortal

Name: Theogril
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Personality: Hot-head
Age (Must Not Be Above Life Expectancy): 500
History\Other Notes:
A wood Elf who despises Orcs.
Sonicfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
PlasmaCannonsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Up! View Post
Name:Hammer Down
Race:Gargolye
Class:Necromancer
History/Other Notes:TOP SECRET!
1. Note the "try to choose fantasy-themed names rule".
2. Like in most MMORPGs, only 1-word names.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Well,i'll try shadow(as name)...

Last edited by Hammer Up!; 02-20-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Hammer Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #15
souperzombie

Um...2...

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #16
souperzombie

Bump.

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
grim3vil
Tight Like Spandex

Unhappy Re: DreadStar RPG

wow no pandagod class D:
Old 02-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #18
PlasmaCannonsRule

Chaos: He thanks you and hands you 5 copper. He gives you another quest.

Hunt for Supplies
Objective: Kill Young Cave Wolves & Cave Wolves for their Cave Wolf Meat and Cave Wolf Hides. 5 of each should be efficient.
Reward: 10 copper, Simple Cybernetic Limb (Cybernetic, Legs, Average)

Also, he gives you directions on places to go;

North: Avarion Wall: Blocks invaders from entering Nargol Underfields. Seperates the southern caverns from the northern caverns.
Northwest & West: Nothing.
Southwest: Fulash Chamber: Home to the Fulash tribe and numerous sorcerer reagents.
Southeast: Darkwall: A wall seperating Darkshrine Temple from Nargol Caverns. Dangerous until you are more experienced.
East: Nargol Fields: The majority of the southern part of Nargol Caverns. Contains numerous species of wildlife.
Northeast: Thornscar Chasm: A wild place filled with Thornscar Fungassians and varied wild beasts.

Shadow: You are in the town of Parapet Hill in Parall, a land haunted by eternal dusk. Your trainer, Shakl'Naw, gives you 2 quests;

Defilation
Objective: Visit the Varan Graveyard northwest of town and steal a corpse from one of the graves, then deliver it to Shakl'Naw in Parapet Hill. Beware of the zombies wandering the area though....
Reward: 10 copper, 3 Miniaturized Corpses (spawns a corpse anywhere)

Report To Craftmaster Daharas
Objective: Give the Necromancy Regiment Report to Craftmaster Daharas in Parapet Hill.
Reward: 5 copper.

Theogril: You are in the small sanctuary of Fahl'Dalla in the forest of Hayasha Akili. Your trainer, Sorceress Havanah Ehnall, gives you 2 quests;

A Small Test....
Objective: Kill 10 Hayashan Grazers. Return to Sorceress Havanah Ehnall in Fahl'Dalla when finished.
Reward: 10 copper, 5 Autumnleaf, 5 Spring Thyme Sprigs

Warden Nikila
Objective: Deliver the Sorcery Training Notes to Warden Nikila in Fahl'Dalla.
Reward: 5 copper
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #19
Sonicfan7
Large Mortal

I take the "A Small Test" quest.

Last edited by Sonicfan7; 02-21-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Sonicfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:34 AM   #20
souperzombie

Me take Hunt for Suplies.

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.