Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Thumbs up The T&T Sekrit Dungeon Master Volcano Lair

Welcome to the Sekrit Dungeon Master Volcano Lair! This is where dungeon masters come together to sign up to host dungeons for the forum game Tunnels and Titans (the rules are here). The current requirements to host a dungeon are the following:

1) Actively Playing Through Most of a Tunnels and Titans Forum Dungeon
Of course, you need to prove that you can play the game without lurking! If you replace into a dungeon towards the beginning, the dungeon you played in will still count. Dungeons you ended up getting replaced in or removed otherwise don't count.

2) Hosting a Non-Broken Forum Game
Meh, I couldn't think of a better test for hosting abilities, so let's go with this. If I feel that you'd already make a good host without needing to prove yourself, I can make an exception to this one. This requirement's mostly here because T&T games last so much longer than other ones, and a lurking broken host would be a lot more disastrous in this game. Note that by ''Forum Games'', I only mean ones in the Mafia And Forum Games section, not anything like Total Mayhem RPGs and such.

3) Having at Least 5 Treasures
This isn't as hard as it sounds! It proves that you're trying to do more than just sit through the game. Most people in T&T have already accomplished this.

4) Not Having a Game Already on the List
You cannot sign up to host another game if you already have a game on the list! You can only sign up once your last game is completely finished.

Note that these requirements may be changed in the future, so go find the most recent requirements list.

Anyways, the current list is right here! I bent the rules to get a couple people on the list so that at least 2 people would already be ready to host after I am done with my dungeon.

Current List:
T&T Dungeon 2: PurpleKoopa2000's Beholder Forest! (In Progress)
T&T Dungeon 3: Wesley's Haunted Mansion!
T&T Dungeon 4: Coolguy's Candy Mountain!

Also in the Dungeon Master Volcano Lair is the Hero Trophy Cases, where heroes store their fantastic treasures earned while out dungeon-raiding! This gets updated at the end of each dungeon.

Hero Trophy Cases:

Coolguy's Treasures: None
Connor S' Treasures: None
DrGamer's Treasures: None
PlasmaCannonsRule's Treasures: None
PurpleKoopa2000's Treasures: None
Roland's Treasures: None
UFO Man's Treasures: None
Wesley's Treasures: None

Completed Dungeons:
Dungeon 1: Entranceway Science Enrichment Center (Coolguy)

Nobody sign up until the treasures are handed out, please! Once signing up is possible, just post that you sign up and include the dungeon you played through, the non-broken mafia game, and optionally your theme. You can leave it at ??? if you want or change it later.

As for rules for hosts, there are none yet, except not to make your dungeon too impossible, not to lurk, and to try and keep your dungeon from being excessively long. You are free to use as many different classes, changed gameplay styles, and such as you like. I'm considering actually using cards for characters as a rule.

So that's it.

Last edited by Coolguy; 04-19-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Default Re: The T&T Sekrit Dungeon Master Volcano Lair

I know were not supposed to sign up yet, but did I not say I wanted to host game 4? I realize I havent hosted a non broken game, but the game Im hosting right now shouldnt be broken, and by the time game 4 comes around, it will be done... so I was just wondering.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
Coolguy
Couch Potato

PK and Wes had asked a while ago. And you have to fulfill the requirements before signing up!

Last edited by Coolguy; 04-18-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Eh, Im reasonably sure Im only missing one requirment, we'll find out when the treasures are handed out. Still- I know as SOON as my mafia game is finished Im signing up.

I think that requirement might not be the best one though, unfortunetely. You might need to change it to PWNZOR. not everyone plays mafia, and it has little to do with T&T in any way.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

I agree that a PWNZOR requirement might work better then a mafia requirement. However, nobody really plays PWNZOR on the forum, and not everyone wants to play on the chat.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Might I suggest a requirement of "Has hosted one 'Non-Broken' official forum game" instead of strictly Mafia?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Yeah, given as Mafia already has so many hosting rules, it could take forever.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Also, it's more general. Actually, now that I think about it, if I just gathered 5 treasures and played at least one game, I would be eligible to host with that rule because Clue was considered Official.
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 04-18-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Hang on... if there is a limit to the number of people in a game, it stands to reason that even PLAYING will be highly exclusive. Unless you do like Jamul does and hold a lottery.
Blaaaah.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
varkarrus
Banned

I would like to host a game.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Grr... Next host should post signups, since the slots disappeared faster than is right or fair.
Blaaaah.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

You cant until you play through the majority of a dungeon raid.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: The T&T Sekrit Dungeon Master Volcano Lair

Yeah, I think any forum game in particular (NOT TOTAL MAYHEM RPGS) would be a better idea. Editting rules...

Also, my normal internet is still down, so I cannot go grab treasures yet. I'll ignore the Treasure requirement for now, so everybody who played to the end of the 1st dungeon is elegible to sign up, as long as they post what non-broken game they hosted.

Last edited by Coolguy; 04-18-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #14
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Um... that one game... you know... the chess one... its over... cough... I CANT HELP IT IF EVERYONE LURKS!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the fact that there's usually only 6 players in each T&T game, yet 12 wanted to get into PK's! I think there's four solutions:

A) Restrict people from playing twice in a row- This is the least radical. Just make a couple restrictions on sign-ups that have something along the lines of ''If you played in the last game, you go down the list twice''. However, it would just result in people playing less and not really solve the problem too much.

B) Multiple-area dungeons- Splitting up a dungeon into 2-4 zones, each with a dungeon party could work. It allows more players to play a game, but it requires more work for the host to expand the dungeon for more dungeon parties. The host would need to make more monsters and puzzles. Plus, with lots of players, there's a higher chance of some of them being lurkers and inable to be replaced. I like this idea the most, as I really don't mind the work, but we'll see.

C) Multiple dungeons at once- Having 2 games at once could work. Two separate hosts would have a dungeon, and you can't be in 2 dungeons at the same time. I'm not so sure about this because it would require complicating the host list into A Lists and B Lists (no, not like mafia, just the 2 separate game sets). I'm not sure there's enough hosts to run this many games, too.

D) Chat games- A couple chat dungeons for people who didn't make it in time for the forum ones could work. Chat dungeons might give treasure as well, plus chat dungeons would go a lot faster. The trouble with chat dungeons is that uploading monster cards and updated class cards will be a lot more of a pain for a chat host. These would probably only have 3 or so players each and only happen on weekends when everybody's around.

What do all of you think?
Old 04-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #16
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

C and D work. I'm not really fond of A because of what you said. B might work, but not all hosts would want to do that. C is just adding another game at the same time, and the two mafia games at once are working well. D would be a good idea once in a while, to help with requirements.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

I suggest either doing C with only one list (I don't think it should matter too much if somebody is both hosting and playing, but people can only PLAY one game at once, and might not want to sign up for a game if they are hosting one), D (Perhaps the chat games don't count towards the "Play one complete game" rule, but they do give one treasure to each participant if they are held by an authorized host), or both.
Blaaaah.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
Coolguy
Couch Potato

The rules already specify that it has to be a dungeon on the forums.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #19
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Ah, good.
Blaaaah.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #20
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

A question (I know I'm not hosting for a while, and I'd still need to get images and a game plan made); can we make up treasures for our own games?