Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Real-Time Mafia ideas

I've been coming up with ideas for Real-Time Mafia or any other game, really, so I'll post them here. Feel free to use any of them after I've hosted my game.

RUles:

Normal Mafia rules, except for:

1. Each day/night takes 24 hours. To make sure that this all works, I'll try to start night 1 in a timeframe where everyone should be able to work - but it is 24 hours, so those that are serious about it will definately be able to get in PMs or squeeze in a post.

2. If you don't post 3 days in a row or send in your PM 2 nights in a row, then you are replaced.

3. The game won't start until there are plenty of replacements. I will decide how many people get to play based off how many sign up.

4. DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU'LL LURK! IT'S A BAD IDEA!

ANd now, for the new things.

1. Pre-game, there will be a survey of all players to decide which role they'll be. Some will have to take it again, as they will likely answer so that they get a role that somebody else has.
a)First come, first serve.
b)If there are more than one cop/doctor, I will randomly choose who's the real cop/doctor, and one other will randomly be parinoid/naive, unless there is a severe lack of real power roles on one side or a lack of mafia. The others will have to take the test again.
c)To accomodate the survey, signups will have to start one game early, and end when the next game starts.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Real-Time Mafia ideas

I don't think giving people the roles they want would be a good idea. Then the people who like playing as a Mafia will get lynched off quickly and the people who came first will be known to be powers!

I'm not sure if real-time would work at all. The Mafia would have a MASSIVE advantage since the town will probably be completely inable to even pull off a lynch, due to not even having 24 hours to try!!!!

Last edited by Coolguy; 05-08-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

Default Re: Real-Time Mafia ideas

It's called 'real life'.

THAT'S when it works.

Either that or it's called 'Chatmafia'
No need for silly rule adaptations that are there.

The only time that role picking would work, is if you only picked the NAME
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #4
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

And besides, 24 hours isn't real time. It's slowed by a factor of 2. And he said "Survey", so it'd be a personality test thing.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Pardon the bump, but I just thought of something. Make it a week instead of a day. On the weekend, people aren't out and about but rather staying at home, so (part-time) cops, doctors, and mafia can sneak around. On the weekdays, the town holds meetings, and at the end of the week, the person with the most votes is lynched.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote