Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 05-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Post Mafia Game A10/B9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia

Where... Screaming echoed everywhere. How... The ground rumbled, as if there was an explosion nearby. Why... Scraping sensations of being dragged along the floor were felt... As you opened your eyes, you saw that you were lying on the floor, in an empty room. It was pleasantly cool. You wanted nothing more then to lie down again, and drift off to sleep. So you did.

Where... Screaming echoed everywhere. How... The ground rumbled, as if there was an explosion nearby. Why... Scraping sensations of being dragged along the floor were felt... As you opened your eyes, you saw that you were lying on the floor, in an empty room. It was pleasantly cool. You wanted nothing more then to lie down again, and drift off to sleep. But that would get you nowhere.

You slowly started to get up. You barely had the power to move. You wanted nothing more then to lie down again, and drift off to sleep. But that would get you nowhere. A nearby metal bar assisted your ambitions. You finally managed to get up. Leaning against a door, you managed to support yourself.

Examining things further would seem to imply you were in some sort of medical facility. You have no idea how you got here, but due to the fact you're wearing a white hospital robe, you're guessing you must have been admitted here. But... Why?

Day 1

Final Player List: 20 People

Ryuinfinity
Chinook
Coolguy
Blackduck
PlasmaCannonsRule
Julian
CheeseLord
BrianSNK
CatWoman
Jamul
Mr.Onion
Blackmyth
Connor S.
Roland
Sillyman
SpaceManiac
BlastOButter42
Kerma
drgamer
RedBone

Replacements: 4 People

Hammer Up!
kacper8000
Ufo-Man
Ion Sumo

Because it's a little complicated, I'll talk about everything step by step, when they're needed. This game is starting on day, because even though there is little to talk about, you may want to think about the following factors of the game before night comes:

Rooms/How the mafia kill: There are 5 rooms. Each night, zombies will be sent into a room, and one of the people who has hidden there will die. The one who has posted the least, specifically. (This game gets rid of it's own lurkers!) Tonight, each room will have 4 people. The mafia CAN kill themselves, but it's obvious why they wouldn't want to. So basically, you want to live? Don't lurk!

Selecting a Room/Bond: You can choose rooms by PM or publicly if you want to. When it comes to making a bond with someone, PM me who you want to try and form a bond with during the day, as well as which room you want to try it in, and I'll PM the other person. If they agree, you both will be in that room at night. (If they disagree, they can ether completely refuse, or suggest another room. I'll then PM you back with their idea.) Provided one of you doesn't die, you'll have the mason power with them. (In short, you make an agreement with a person with myself as a mediator, and you act on it at night)

The Mafia: They're not mafia in the story, but I won't be able to get into the habit of calling them by their actual name, so I'll just name them mafia. One thing you should think about them is that they can see everything you post here. How is that different then the other games? Well, unlike other games, the mafia can't specifically kill a specific person. They can only choose a room. However, if everyone publicly says which room they're going into at night, they might as well be giving the mafia a choice. However, if everyone's silent about their plans, the mafia are in the dark, but the townies can't really create a strategy. The three power roles should always be in thought when thinking of a plan, especially the photographer, since this role cannot be re-bought. Bonds are the way to get around this game.

Bonds - (Mason Power) If you are in the same room with another person at night, and you trust each other, you can form a bond for the rest of the game. If you want to start a bond, PM me that you want to start a bond with X. (X being the person) I'll PM the person, and if they agree, you two can PM each other as much as you want after that. It's up to you. However, it would be obviously bad if you formed a bond with a mafia, and told him everything. Hence the title of this game, "Suspense and Suspicion".

Number of nights: (Nights required to get number of bonds)

1 Bond - 1 Night with person you want to start a bond with
2 Bonds - 1 Night with another person you want to start a another bond with
3 Bonds - 2 Nights with another person you want to start a another bond with
4 Bonds - 2 Nights with another person you want to start a another bond with
5 Bonds - 3 Nights with another person you want to start a another bond with

The mafia can talk to each other as usual, but beware. The mafia can try and contact the town, and find out what everyone is planning to do. However, this can be used on the other end, as the town can feed false information to the mafia.

The other factors will be explained gradually, so I don't overload people who have no idea what's going on. I've posted information about the game elsewhere, but I'm hoping to post it clearer in this topic. No Lynch is allowed today. I bet I forgot something, so if you have any questions, ask, etc. Oh, and there's one little twist... When someone dies, their role is not revealed, unless they are mafia, or a powerole.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 05-31-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Adding a couple things I forgot
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Ryuinfinity
Banned

Location: Domefield Centre Mission: Defeat the Zirrons in Chyare Strait.
Default Re: Mafia Game A10/B9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia

So it begins... I feel suspicious, maybe I'm mafia!
Ryuinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

Spooky.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

So... how do we know who we're in a room with in order to request a bond with them, if room choices are private? Or we just try and fail if we're not in fact in the same room? And how do we choose rooms anyway? Do we do that by PM once night starts?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

I intend to stay in the room I start out in. Unless I'm lying, of course.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
So... how do we know who we're in a room with in order to request a bond with them, if room choices are private? Or we just try and fail if we're not in fact in the same room? And how do we choose rooms anyway? Do we do that by PM once night starts?
Perhaps we see them when we wake up, and that's when we make the bond.
Blaaaah.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Hmm... I'm suspended, but not suspicious. [/puns]
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
BlastOButter42
Don't try this at home.

Well, this plans to be interesting. I, for one, plan to have a jolly good time of it. That is, if I don't get killed by zombies.

BlastOButter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
CatWoman
Brainiac!

Hi, all!

Are the rooms numbered, or are they the bedroom, the kitchen, etc.? And I don't understand about buying a role if someone dies. If the role is not revealed, how do we know it's available for sale?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
chinook
Puny Immortal

Wow, having not played a Mafia game before, I find this one pretty crazy. I did watch the little flash video on a 'normal' game, though, so I'll just have to adapt.

A few thoughts: the mafia aren't very likely to send the zombies into their own rooms, I'd imagine... unless they are super chatty in the thread that particular day.

One strategy will be to pay attention to who is in the room that the zombies go into, because they are likely to not be mafia. Unless they are particularly chatty. (Or precisely chatty enough.) Ugh, and I thought this would be easy.

In any case, it should be interesting. Do the rooms have numbers, or names, or do we just get auto-assigned a room each night? I guess you'll explain that a bit later.
chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman View Post
Hi, all!

Are the rooms numbered, or are they the bedroom, the kitchen, etc.? And I don't understand about buying a role if someone dies. If the role is not revealed, how do we know it's available for sale?
Because perhaps it's always available?
Blaaaah.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Dangit, I have to double post so as not to make people suspicious of me for editing after last game. Yes, knowing the rooms that exist might be nice.
Blaaaah.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM   #13
Wesley

Post Re: Mafia Game A10/B9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
You can choose rooms by PM or publicly if you want to. When it comes to making a bond with someone, PM me who you want to try and form a bond with during the day, as well as which room you want to try it in, and I'll PM the other person. If they agree, you both will be in that room at night. (If they disagree, they can ether completely refuse, or suggest another room. I'll then PM you back with their idea.) Provided one of you doesn't die, you'll have the mason power with them. (In short, you make an agreement with a person with myself as a mediator, and you act on it at night) Also, something I forgot to mention. When it comes to the rooms, it's first come first serve. So if you really want to be in a certain room for some reason, you better PM me as soon as you can.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman View Post
Hi, all!

If a powerole dies, I'll announce it. Other then that, I won't. Also, the rooms are numbered from 1 to 6. When you want to stay in a room, PM me. As I said before it's first come first serve, but you might want to think about it for a bit beforehand.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
chinook
Puny Immortal

Another obvious thing we can do (aside from lynching them) is to try to room up with the Mafia as much as possible. Almost an immunity, unless, of course, they lynch you during the day.

This is a really neat game.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Yay, the game has started!

Ugh, now I have to read the rules. >.<

EDIT: Okay, I read them now. Seems pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity View Post
So it begins... I feel suspicious, maybe I'm mafia!
Uh... I don't really see why on earth you want everybody to think you're a mafia if you were a townie.

Last edited by Roland; 05-31-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #17
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yay, I'm not dead already (and hey, that way of doing nightkills make me less killable!!!!)

Hmmm - The bonds seem extremely useful, in my opinion. Even if we did bond with a mafia, we'd get more evidence from what they say in their PMs! Although we probably can't quote any of it since it's PM stuff, it's still very useful for figuring out everybody's teams!

But one problem; How would you know who's in the room with you? You can only bond with somebody if they're in your room, but room choices are apparently private! Would this require day pre-planning, or something extremely annoying like that? If so, then activating Bond skills isn't quite as useful as I thought.

EDIT: And also, the Mafia's version of nightkills is a double-edged sword ; Although I find it extremely unlikely for the Mafia to succeed in nightkilling the exact people they want (because they'd only have a 20% chance of guessing the correct room, let alone the person being the biggest lurker in that room!), we will have almost no information from nightkills due to the random nature of their attacks. For this reason, I don't think No Lynch will be a viable option at all this game.

Last edited by Coolguy; 05-31-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #18
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Finally, I'm back home. Now, to business.

WLOG, I will choose room 1 for tonight. It really doesn't make much of a difference just yet. I'm willing to form a bond with pretty much anyone for now. I'd like to bond with power roles, as they give the most information, but I recognize that you're probably not willing to trust me just yet. I figure it will probably help to have all the information I can get before I decide on a specific course of action.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #19
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Just to be talkative, what does WLOG mean? Is it Wesley, Lord Of Ghosts?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
chinook
Puny Immortal

"Well, Look On Google" for that answer. (Without loss of generality)