Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Adventures Of Bouapha

Old 06-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #41
Davedude
The Master of Toast!

Default Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

There should be a giant statue/wall/8th wonder of the world. Anyone can donate money to building it bigger and it will show the total donated and who has donated the most.
Davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #42
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
I don't think Bouapha brought his hammer.
Okay fine, weapon attachments *edits accordingly*
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #43
Redbone
Soon

Maybe, a random item drop on special days? Ex. On Christmas, a Xmas Ornament will be dropped from monsters randomly.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 AM   #44
l156a21
Dumb Person

Yerfdog Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

Errr...guys?Does indirect contact mean that a player can meet another player with another computer?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #45
gsw8
Puny Mortal

tracks: when a player leaves an area, send some of his area's environment state to the server. when a player enters a new area, load some environment state from the server. stuff like: footprints, battle scorch marks, grave markers where players died, etc. cap the combined tracks at N per player, and M most-recent globally. if you want to discourage graffiti, discard 90% of any tracks a player sends.

extension of that: tracks that are not just cosmetic. like if you have doors that can be opened and closed, send the state of those to the server. I think tracks of doors work better if they're linked in pairs or groups, so that opening one automatically closes any others in the group. otherwise there's a tendency to end up with all doors open.
gsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #46
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l156a21 View Post
Errr...guys?Does indirect contact mean that a player can meet another player with another computer?
No, it means just about everything but that. You play the game on your own, but some things, such as swapping items, can be done over the internet.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #47
varkarrus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
Give people fun ranks based on how many skill points / mission points they have, like how the old forum had fun ranks for posts. Ranking could probably go from ''Noob'' to ''Pony Pwnzor'' to ''Jamulio'' (with a bunch of ranks in the middle).
Agreed... Except the last rank should be Varkarruso
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #48
TyTBone
College Boi

Lightbulb Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

Okay, a couple of ideas, parts or concepts of which may have or have already been suggested. But meh...

Players could customize and upgrade their vehicles and sell them at the local used car lot for other people to buy.

Different things to customize:

- color and decals (back to my whole spray paint thing)

- chrome and other metal pieces

- funky objects to stick on their antenna

- etc.

Different things to upgrade:

- engine

- tires

- etc.

The ability to set one's own price is an interesting prospect, but will probably be abused way too much.

-----------------------------------------

Balloon Sender:

A person could draw something or make a small note or attach a few Loonies (or something else) to a balloon, and then they could send that out into the air. It would sail along the plains, until it would reach another random player elsewhere, whereas they would have to shoot it down (or it might just fall down nearby).
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #49
grim3vil
Tight Like Spandex

Yerfdog Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

1:You Can Maybe download new quests if you make them every holiday or so that gives a special somthing or just anything

2:maybe like a monthly special quest or event thing that u can download that gives you like maybe 10 yb or so if u complete it *and the harder the better*

3:an ingame chatroom so u can talk while playing *that is pvp sorta you can have a poetry battle and it links to the *hamumu chat or its a special ingame chat only that u can only access if u play and buy*

4:Maybe You can download CHARECTERS that are released every holiday like spring the chick from spispod *forgot her name* christmas *ll2 loony* halloween* *ll1 loony or happy stick witch* easter *the bunny from ll2 or stick bird* and etc *groundhog day* eddy galaxy*
Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #50
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim3vil View Post
2:maybe like a monthly special quest or event thing that u can download that gives you like maybe 10 yb or so if u complete it *and the harder the better*
I like that idea - a Monthly Mission that appears at the beginning of each month. The players have to find it and figure out how to solve it. Monthly missions could give special Mission Points (as opposed to Warrior Points and such).
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #51
varkarrus
Banned

I like the new characters idea. Cross that with the Avy maker, and you have something cool!
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #52
l156a21
Dumb Person

Hmmm...I don't know abt dis idea but anyway,I got it from Maple.
Cash shop-Currently pauses the game and brings you to the cash shop,a place where you can buy exclusive stuff using ur own money.Maybe Jamul can put a new link on the website to allow players to give money to exchange for cash points,which can be found in the cash shop in a meter after purchasing it.And there could be a mini screen on the top left to preview how he looks like after buying the stuff.Unlike Maplestory's cash items which are temporary,these things are permanent,unless you don't wan't it and chuck it away.It could look something like this,just modify it to make it more hamumu-ish.

Last edited by l156a21; 06-04-2008 at 06:12 PM.
l156a21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #53
l156a21
Dumb Person

Angry HELP!

Oh no!I could not post a picture,what am I to do?
Old 06-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #54
TyTBone
College Boi

Default Re: HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l156a21 View Post
Oh no!I could not post a picture,what am I to do?
Upload it to http://www.imageshack.us, then post the "forum" link?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #55
Redbone
Soon

Default Re: HELP!

There could be a bulletin board, where you can put some notes that you type in, and everyone else can see it. It could have a note limit, and your note is removed from the bulletin board in a certain ammount of time.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #56
Knittel
Crazy Dude

I haven't read the other ideas. So I'm sorry if I use an idea again.

Game Device
A Trading Center for Items. You can sell and buy objects or give them to others as present.

Profile Center
As the Trading Center is this a market, where you can sell profiles.

Tester Slot
I don't know if this is possible, but if there is an editor, this would be a good idea. You can give your unreleased world to another guy. He can test it, and many bugs would be deleted, before the world would get to the WTG. So the WTG has less work.

Happy Scores
Nothing else than the Supreme Scores.

Arena
Making Matches, and fighting matches. This wouldn't be a simple add, but it would be a valuable one.

- Making Matches. Creating a Level, for the Arena. Costs for example 200 Arena Points to make a Match
- Fighting Matches. Fight in a level of another guy in the arena. You get 1-20 Arena Points for a match you won.
- Fighting with other guys. You fight against other guys. The winner wins 1 Arena Point, and the Looser looses 1 Arena Point.

The Race
You are riding a Pony. You need to be very fast to win. And at another PC sits another guy riding a Pony too. Records will be shown.

These were all.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #57
chinook
Puny Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
Just a note: Yerfbucks won't be connected to this game in any way, so the several above ideas mentioning them ought to change to something in-game!

(come on, would I really make a game where you could sit there shooting marshmallow for a few hours and then get my other games free?)
Well, it involved putting up YBs that you already had to make small little fun bounties. Or in-game coins, so it doesn't necessarily need YBs.

In my imagining of 'bounties' or 'player made challenges', there would be hundreds of combinations of possible challenges a person could make. Everyone could have one or two up at a time, and take them down whenever they wanted. But there might be a small high-score list for a given bounty while it's still up. Every one would be very similar to LL2's arena missions. With or without rewards, I guess. But being able to put up some of your own coins to give as a reward would be kinda cool.
chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #58
l156a21
Dumb Person

Okay,I edited everything in the previous post,here it goes:
Hmmm...I don't know abt dis idea but anyway,I got it from Maple.
Cash shop-Currently pauses the game and brings you to the cash shop,a place where you can buy exclusive stuff using ur own money.Maybe Jamul can put a new link on the website to allow players to give money to exchange for cash points,which can be found in the cash shop in a meter after purchasing it.And there could be a mini screen on the top left to preview how he looks like after buying the stuff.Unlike Maplestory's cash items which are temporary,these things are permanent,unless you don't wan't it and chuck it away.It could look something like this,just modify it to make it more hamumu-ish

Last edited by l156a21; 06-05-2008 at 06:12 AM.
l156a21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #59
TyTBone
College Boi

Clothing has already been mentioned, but I wanted to provide my own spin on it. (Back with the creativity side.)

London could have two or three shops containing wearable stuff (maybe a clothing store and a shoe store). Bouapha would go in, and, essentially, he would automatically be in a "spotlight" of sorts, so that only him could be seen. On either side of Bouapha, players could cycle through different shirts, shorts, pants, socks, wigs, hats, etc. (Extremely goofy stuff included!) Naturally, players would be able to customize to some extent the items themselves, with coloring and scissors (to adjust sleeve length and maybe put rips in jeans ). MANY possibilities here!
(Bouapha needs to start wearing more shades to make him look cool!)

Oh, and maybe they could get close-up screenshots of Bouapha with his new look and send it in-game to other players, to show off... (Seeing him strike a pose would be funny )

EDIT: Yes, I know, this is stolen (more or less) from GTA: San Andreas. Bah! I still like it.

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-05-2008 at 03:10 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #60
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I am extremely doubtful of there being extra playable character or clothes for Bouapha!!! Seriously, there's a ton of animations just for normal Bouapha walking around and looking in a bunch of different directions, plus all of the animations with him holding various weapons! I don't think Jamul's going to repeat that over and over and over so people can play while wearing a red shirt or as Bouaphetta.

Also, an Arena sounds good! Competing for times on them would be interesting, too - An Arena of the Week with some goodies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places? Contests are always fun!

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-05-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote