Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Zombie Survival RPG 1.1

OOC: Same as last time, except new rule;

NO GORE ALLOWED. Period.

(Note to Jamul: If you found something other than gore offensive, please tell me. I'll do my personal best to make Zombie Survival RPG Hamumu-appropriate.)

Anyhow, the story so far;

Connor's friend is almost zombified, and Connor has a choice between letting him die or giving him the precious Antidote.

Tytbone just got ambushed by a zombie-hater with a SMG that thinks Tytbone is a zombie in the restroom.

Ando (Varkarrus) just witnessed the death of two zombies at the claws of a disturbingly intelligent cat who apparently wants a ride in Ando's motorcycle.

Blue Dwarf is witnessing a shootout between looters and zombies with a teenaged boy with a pistol protecting his younger siblings.

Souperzombie just crashed due to a near miss by a zombie with a grenade launcher.

Also, could everyone please post their character info again? I remember that everyone had Provisions, Antidote, and everyone but Blue Dwarf had a Shotgun.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

Default Re: Zombie Survival RPG 1.1

I had a profile, But somehow it didnt get read!

Quote:
Name: Akriloth
Weapons: Flamethrower, Assault Rifle
Backpack Stuff: Provisons, First-Aid Kit, Antidote, SearchBot
Veichle: Semi-Truck
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
TyTBone
College Boi

Exclamation Re: Zombie Survival RPG 1.1

[OOC] I must apologize profusely. I didn't intend to be graphic (which is why I wrote [nasty description omitted] without actually writing anything), but I know that in writing specific details are important to keep the story interesting, and some of those (as well as the vague reference to bad language) may have pushed the limits. Anyway, from now on I will most certainly try to avoid anything nasty (although we ARE up against zombies). Again, I'm sorry. Now, do you recommend keeping descriptions vague, then? [OOC]

[OOC] PCR, can you remember what weapons and items you were allowing, in case a few other people want to join, or is the thread closed? [OOC]

Okay, I think here's what I had:

Shotgun (w/ 24 shells)

Chainsaw

M204 Sniper Rifle

Grenade Launcher

Provisions (w/ Twinkies)

First Aid (1 1/2 kits)

Antidote

And my motobike, unfortunately it's parked out front, where many shamblers are located.

Story continues, in a moment...

TyTBone talks to the man, and he finally relents and agrees to stop shooting. The man explains that a zombie had gotten in through a window, and he (the man) had climbed up into the ceiling and tried to save his companions, but failed. TyTBone asks about the CB radio, but is interrupted by a zombie at the restroom entrance. The man shoots him, then explains to TyTBone that there's no time to waste. He snatches the CB Radio up and asks TyTBone where his ride is. "Out front...yes, I know, that was the worst possible place to park it, but I think I have a distraction..."

TyTBone walks into a stall and, with the help of the man, is able to climb up into the ceiling. There, he searches around on hands and knees for a small hatch that would lead to the roof. Finding the trapdoor-like entryway, he is forced to kick it open. CRASH! It snaps off the hinges, flies for a few feet, then hits and ground and skids. TyTBone climbs out onto the roof. Taking his grenade launcher in hand, he fires off one round away from the gas station. BOOM/BANG! The whole area shakes minimally for a few seconds.

He maneuvers back down into the restroom again. "There, that should keep them dazed for a little while. Let's roll, dude!" TyTBone and the man race in slow motion out into the dark, small shopping area. "My bike's by the front window!" They both take small leaps out of the opening (that which formally contained glass in it) into the front parking area.

Outside, the zombies are still in a mild trance after witnessing the bright flash of the grenade going off. To the far left, a small, smoldering crater lies, chunks of blacktop surrounding it. TyTBone secures his shotgun and other items onto himself and the bike, then fires the puppy up. "I'M NOT SURE HOW LONG THIS GAS WILL LAST!" He shouts to the man. "I REALLY SHOULD TRY TO FILL U...uh-oh!!! No time!" The zombies "reawaken" and almost instantly notice the two bikers. The man, who had his submachine gun at the ready, takes down some of the closer ones. "Go!" he shouts, and TyTBone punches the gas.

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-19-2008 at 08:31 AM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
PlasmaCannonsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTBone View Post
[OOC] I must apologize profusely. I didn't intend to be graphic (which is why I wrote [nasty description omitted] without actually writing anything), but I know that in writing specific details are important to keep the story interesting, and some of those (as well as the vague reference to bad language) may have pushed the limits. Anyway, from now on I will most certainly try to avoid anything nasty (although we ARE up against zombies). Again, I'm sorry. Now, do you recommened keeping descriptions vague, then?[OOC]

[OOC] PCR, can you remember what weapons and items you were allowing, in case a few other people want to join, or is the thread closed? [OOC]
OOC: Keep descriptions of combat down (in other words, parrying, misses, but no gory stuff). Also, I want people to post their stats to help with remembering that stuff . Also, the reason I didn't reply to your post, Yellow Wizard, is because I said to provide a little backstory.

EDIT: Also, don't worry Tytbone. I did my part in getting the old thread deleted too.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 06-19-2008 at 07:57 AM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
PlasmaCannonsRule

Tytbone and the man (who explained that his name is Andy) race through the streets of Washington D.C., followed by hordes of enraged zombies. Tytbone turns on the radio and turns the volume down while humming along to a pleasant song he found. Andy yells "In front of you!", snapping Tytbone out of his trance, but too late. Tytbone slammed into a building and they both flew into the window, falling into a zombie-filled living room. "Here we go again." Andy remarks before unloading an entire clip on the zombies.

OOC: Also, I will be out of town part of Saturday and part of Sunday. I bestow powers of temporary modship of the game to Tytbone during that time.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 06-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
varkarrus
Banned

Ando takes the cat and asks him "where to?"

Last edited by varkarrus; 06-19-2008 at 11:42 AM.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
souperzombie
All your brains belong to me!

I wanna kill zombies.

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.
souperzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
PlasmaCannonsRule

OOC: 1. Please try to talk in third-person. 2. Tytbone's posts are a perfect example of how the game is meant to be ran. In other words, the players and the mod take turns narrating the story.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
souperzombie
All your brains belong to me!

I dont even know whats happening to me, because I dont understand this:
Quote:
Souperzombie just crashed due to a near miss by a zombie with a grenade launcher.

Become one of us.
Join the revolution.
souperzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

*sighs*
Now I has to re-type my whole thing

BD stops his truck and yells to the 'kids'
BD: You have any food?
Kids:*Stare blankly for a moment, wondering what they are talking to, a Dwarf? Or just a really short person with an awesome beard* Erm... Yes!

BD can tell they are lying, so he tells them that if they can find something, then they can come with him to a safe place, away from all the looters and zombies.

The three kids run into a nearby gas station, they take out a key and open a door into a closet... After pulling out many coats and empty boxes, they grab a big wooden crate and drag it out to the truck.

Upon seeing what was written on the crate, BD grinned.
Findings:
1 Crate labled: 'Incase of Zombies'

Inside the crate, there is the following supplies:
Shotgun
Twenty four shells
1 24 pack of bottled water
4 boxes of twinkeys

1 hand gun, with one bullet loaded into it? Meh.

BD tells the kids to get into the front cabin quickly as he tosses the box in front aswell, there is no time to waste opening the back.

BD's fear soon became reality, one of the looters noticed the goods he had.
Soon enough, the whole mob was leaping onto various part of the truck, trying to get in.
The Teenage wanted to try using the gun to get rid of them, but BD told him that they didn't have enough ammo to waste, besides, then there would just be less people fighting the zombies and more food for them.
BD stepped on the gas, most of the looters fell off.

Now they were on an empty road, heading outward from the center of the city(D.C.)
There were still afew looters holding onto the top of the semi, but now instead of trying to bang there way inside, they were holding on for there life.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 06-19-2008 at 11:28 AM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
TyTBone
College Boi

Exclamation Re: Zombie Survival RPG 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post

OOC: Also, I will be out of town part of Saturday and part of Sunday. I bestow powers of temporary modship of the game to Tytbone during that time.
[OOC] Thanks! However, I won't be able to get on on Saturday (at least, not until the evening), so you MAY want to find somebody else. [OOC]

The motorcycle wrecked and the chainsaw, sniper rifle, and many of the provisions lost, a dazed TyTBone knew he would have to go searching for supplies again. "Will I ever make it to Minnesota?! Dang it, I still have to find a map and call!"

Andy snapped him out of it. "Ty, get up! We've got nasties on our hands!" he yelled as the former humans staggered closer and closer. TyTBone cleared his head as Andy helped him up. Bullets flew and casings hit the floor. Together, the two of them took down about 7 zombies. (20 cartridges left)

Scouring the rooms, TyTBone found a few packets of beef jerky (provisions) and a few kitchen knives, most of which were dull.
Andy discovered a safe hidden behind a painting of a safe. "There's probably something good in there." "Sure, but how can we get it open?" asked TyTBone. Andy smirked. "This is your average cheapo safe. It's built to withstand fire, not somebody trying to extract stuff from a specific part. Hand me that small knife."

Andy carefully widdled away at the lock. "Wouldn't it be easier to blast away at it with your SMG, instead?" asked TyTBone. "Easier, but not better. You don't know what you might damage inside."

TyTBone nodded, then decided, "Well, while you're doing that, I'll scour the inside area some more." He cocked the shotgun for emphasis.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #12
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperzombie View Post
I dont even know whats happening to me, because I dont understand this:

[OOC] Apparently, some zombies are like the ones in Land of the Dead; they can operate weaponry. (Though I'm guessing these guys are rare.)

Here, I'll help you, if PCR doesn't mind. [OOC]

Souperzombie struggled to escape the burning wreckage. The ?truck? had turned on it's side and the fire was raging out of control. Extracting his Swiss Army knife, SZ hastily cut off his seat belt and reached for anything he could salvage. In pain, he pushed open the door, and crawled onto the now-sideways tire. The truck was now fully ablaze. With that noticed, SZ leaped from the vehicle just as it exploded in a frenzy of orange and white. Chunks of singed metal and shimmering glass flew off in all directions, and the force of the explosion blew any nearby zombies away.

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-19-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

I believe I had...

Sniper with silencer

Shotgun

Swiss Army Knife

Shovel

Antidote

Provisions

Flashlight

First Aid

Also- I wasnt in time to read what happened to me, so can you give me a more detailed recap? I have no diea whats going on.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
TyTBone
College Boi

Remember, people,
3rd Person viewpoint

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-19-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #15
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Yes, a more detailed recap! I really havent seen anything that happened to me from my first post! And Im talking in 1st person right now because Im not actually doing anything.

Last edited by Connor S.; 06-19-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #16
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor S. View Post
Yes, a more detailed recap! I really havent seen anything that happened to me from my first post! And Im talking in 1st person right now because Im not actually doing anything.
Sorry, man, all I recall is that you were in a secret military base in ?Sydney?. Zombies attacked and your friend was killed. Not much more than that...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #17
PlasmaCannonsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor S. View Post
Connor was speeding rapidly out of the camp when he saw his zombified commander attacking one of his friends. His friend killed the commander, but not before the zombie bit him. "Should I use the antidote on him?" Connor pondered.....

OOC: SZ, use Tytbone's description.

Ando asked the cat "Where?" The cat looks back at him with a "You should already know that" sort of look.

OOC: I'll get to yours later Tytbone.

OOC: Varkarrus gained a companion! A Cat! The cat is unnamed so you ought to name it (in 3rd person, it would be something like "Ando asks the cat "What's your name?" The cat shoots him a "I dunno" sort of look. "I'll name you [name] then." Ando says.) Also, Blue Dwarf gained 3 companions, but remember to use the format presented by Tytbone and I. (actually, admittedly, I stole the idea for the format from how Tytbone posted, because I though it would look better than what I had in mind)
Old 06-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Connor quickly uses the antidote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #19
TyTBone
College Boi

Talking Re: Zombie Survival RPG 1.1

[OOC] I'm here to help. [OOC]
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #20
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

ALL OOC POST:
I guess I should re-write what I had.

Weapons:
Sniper Rifle- Bayonet attachment
Shotgun (x(*)2)(Times two)
Shovel -w- Sharpened tip/edges
Pistol (x2(Actually, you said the kid had one too, so x3))

Provisions:
Box 'O Twinkies (x4!)
24-pack of bottled water
Other jug 'O water(from original provision pack)
Other foods(Again, from the original provisions)

Other stuff:
1 big first aid kit found strapped to the roof of the semi's front cabin.
1 Flashlight
1 Antidote(Three shots left)
1 box of extra ammo.

1 GPS system, but it is out of batteries.

(It's alot of stuff, but we have four people to carry it, and a Semi Truck for the moment)

Team members:
Blue Dwarf
Teenager, nameless so far.
Kid 1
Kid 2

Health Issues:
None as of yet.

Transport:
1 Semi-Truck
In the back there is a sofa and afew other things.
In the front the are four people and their stuff.

Gas- Mostly full, haven't gone too far yet.

Direction of travel: West(Slightly moving North aswell(Very slightly, for the moment))