Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
legomash
"I am a complete LUNATIC!!!!!"

Lightbulb The Number 8

I am planning to make a game called The Number 8. Its about a secret military organisation called The Number 8. Oh, and its set in 2062, by the way. I will have to learn to use a compiler first, Its just a concept at the moment, but I am in midst of making a version of it with game maker, the same programme supersilver used to make Roo Adventure, wich I helped out with. It will have three different gameplay views, sideview, birdseye and perspective, each with different controls. There will be vehicles, and a lot of guns. You play as agent 88, who rebels on the organisation after they attempt to assasinate him. I wont give away any more of the plot as I dont want to spoil the surprise. Im working on graphics but I wont show that either in case anyone steals it. First I have to learn how to use a compiler.

Mekka city: back in construction
legomash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
legomash

Default Re: The Number 8

Ok, does anyone have ideas for guns or abilities? Magic and melee is allowed. Yerfbucks will be given for ideas I like. Also, if you have ideas for vehicles then that will count too.

Here are the guns I already have:

15mm incindary semi-automatic heavy pistol

Mk 350 fully automatic Ion autocannon

Photocannon (does not take pictures, photo means light, its a laser)

Blitzkonnen rocket launcher (its made up, its german, its not a bazooka, more like a Javelin)

Some kinda enormous revolver with six barrels (its not the magazine that revolves, its the barrels)

Octomines (not realy a gun, it makes an eight sided explosion)

M40 13mm asault rifle

12 bore .44 4 shot revolver with explosive rounds

9mm double barreled pistol

Enter as many times as you want, I can have an unlimited suply of guns or abilities, virtualy.

Last edited by legomash; 08-19-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
varkarrus
Banned

Autogun

You have to reload after each shot, and each ammo is a huge ring that takes a while to insert. However, when you fire, It fires 32 bullets over about 2 seconds. And the bullets do good damage too. It fires bullets while the ring spins. After the last bullet, the ring itself gets fired out as a grenade.

Dragon Sword

A magical sword taken from an altar to dragons, the organisation has not found it's magical properties. It's a normal sword that does pretty good damage, but if you die with it, you turn into a huge dragon that can go on a rampage, but with little health. You will also die automatically after 60 seconds, but if you can get enough health packs, instead of dieing, you revert to normal.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
legomash

Cool! Im going to have an online multiplayer called DAS cubes, Destructive Animotronic Shapes, and a 'Horific Gore Engine' allowing you to turn gore up or down in the options menu. The reason this is so breif is cos I spent ages writing a realy detailed description of everything, and when I went to post it the internet connection was down and I lost it all.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Anteresting things about the number 8 myou could work into your plot:

The Chinese believe it to be a magical number.

I was born on August 8th, which is the 8th day of the 8th month.

The number Eight, when turned on its side, is the infinity symbol.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

The magic gun

A gun the you use magic for. 1 Hit kill, but every second, your MP goes down. When it is depleted, the gun Asplodes hurting you and any enimies around you.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:42 AM   #7
legomash

Talking Re: The Number 8

There is planned to be a lot about the number eight in this game, obviously. This is no ordinary shooter, there is a lot of magic involved in the gameplay and plot. "The number eight has power. If agent 88 gets ahold of the sword of infinity, this small plannet will be doomed." A line from the leader of the organisation. This is after agent 88 discovers their plot to assasinate him. The Altar of Infinity will have a huge part in this game, but you'l have to wait til it comes out to know more. Pressing the 8 key when magic is selected, if you have the correct spell, will have a truly devestating effect. The organisations logo is an octagon with the numerals IIX on it. Oh dear, Im giving away too much too soon, without realy making sense. Oh, and theres no MP bar, yet, theres just limited range spells wich have to be unlocked by gathering various magical items.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
legomash

Ok, after much trial and error I have decided to change the engines completely. Instead of having 3 views, Im ditching perspective as it's too complicated and glitchy. Most of the game will be sidescrolling, although some vehicle levels will be ariel view, such as driving a car, and flying a spacecraft. Im ditching the weapon switching system, wich used the number keys to switch between ten different weapons. Instead, the player will be able to use one weapon at once, and can pick up other ones that they find. The character will be made up of two objects, main body and combat arm. The player uses the mouse to control the fighting arm, wich is atached to the main body. It can aim and fire towards the mouse. I have to go now, but I will post more some other time.