Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #21
supersilver
Banned

Talking Re: My life's work, taken from me... (R3?)

should we tell him? *looks at jamul's post* jamul fished it out of him (fish is the new rat) that he was just kidding. im not sure where you got the dates from. did chinook tell you that? honestly, drop him when he gets into lawyers
supersilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #22
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Default Re: My life's work, taken from me... (R3?)

Supersilver: Of course Mr. Onion knows. You do realise that you can change the date and time on your clock, right?
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
chinook
Puny Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyman View Post
Supersilver: Of course Mr. Onion knows. You do realise that you can change the date and time on your clock, right?
Wow, that would've been easier than getting my car up to 88 mph during a thunderstorm. How embarrassing...
chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #24
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

I support Chinook as for the name of R3. I really doubt SS made up the exact name R3 and all of it's story since he was 3 :P
Old 10-17-2008, 01:33 AM   #25
supersilver
Banned

Unhappy Re: My life's work, taken from me... (R3?)

ok, jamul found out he was lying... how could you guys? i looked up feathers in space. it doesnt exitst. ch even admitted it.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:35 AM   #26
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

I still trust chinook more then supersilver! Yup, I think you should stop stealing his work! He has WAAAAY more evidence then you!
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 AM   #27
chinook
Puny Immortal

It's good to know! Thanks Connor for your continued support.
chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 AM   #28
supersilver
Banned

stop it, i have lots of evedence he has none, im putting you on my ignore list
Old 10-17-2008, 05:11 AM   #29
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

You do that.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #30
supersilver
Banned

Stop It!

Last edited by supersilver; 10-17-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #31
writerstix
Writer of Sticks

just a note to both of you. i'm not going to pick a side here, but i will give you some professional advice. unless your work has been copyrighted, do not post it on the internet. as a writer myself, i know the excitment you get from sharing your stories with readers; it's a great feeling. but to keep your work safe, you need to take the necessary steps to protect it, otherwise situations like this happen.

so until your work has been copyrighted, only share your work with a select trusted few while you go through the editing process.

Last edited by writerstix; 10-17-2008 at 08:21 AM.
writerstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #32
supersilver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerstix View Post
just a note to both of you. i'm not going to pick a side here, but i will give you some professional advice. unless your work has been copywrited, do not post it on the internet. as a writer myself, i know the excitment you get from sharing your stories with readers; it's a great feeling. but to keep your work safe, you need to take the necessary steps to protect it, otherwise situations like this happen.

so until your work has been copywrited, only share your work with a select trusted few while you go through the editing process.
you do mean professional means "get paid to do something?"
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #33
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerstix View Post
just a note to both of you. i'm not going to pick a side here, but i will give you some professional advice. unless your work has been copywrited, do not post it on the internet. as a writer myself, i know the excitment you get from sharing your stories with readers; it's a great feeling. but to keep your work safe, you need to take the necessary steps to protect it, otherwise situations like this happen.

so until your work has been copywrited, only share your work with a select trusted few while you go through the editing process.
Copyright applies automatically to the text whenever it gets written.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 10-17-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #34
writerstix
Writer of Sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
Copyright applies automatically to the text whenever it gets written.
Alot of people think that. It actually isn't true. Another misconception is mailing it to yourself. I don't know where these rumors start, but any copyright office will tell you they aren't true. You get copyright verification which can be used in court to prove something is yours.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #35
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrig...cing_copyright

Quote:
In all countries where the Berne Convention standards apply, copyright is automatic, and need not be obtained through official registration with any government office.
The Berne Convention covers all of the US, all of continental Europe, and most of the rest of the world.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 10-17-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #36
writerstix
Writer of Sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrig...cing_copyright

The Berne Convention covers all of the US, all of continental Europe, and most of the rest of the world.
I read the article, and I guess you are right. Although, I don't know how these two are going to legitamitely prove who owns the work. I guess that's for them to figure out.

I'm officially changing my advice to: A registered copyright would save a lot of headaches and eliminate a lot of questions about authorship.

Thank you Mr. Onion for the info. I stand corrected.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #37
legomash
"I am a complete LUNATIC!!!!!"

Hello.
My little brother A.K.A Legomash has been on this (I haven't dabbled here before but now that this has occured I doubt i'll be back) site for quite some time and as has his friend.
My brother's friend in question is a boy I have known since he has been fairly young and although creative in many areas with quite an extrodinary imagination (quite like to my eccentric brother) is very hardworking and puts a lot of work into things. This boy is most certainly not chipnook (or whatever his name is) and the boy who is my brothers friend- well, he came up with the idea in the first place, and I havent bothered to find his username (I literally pushed my brother off the computer after finding out about this). (EDIT: his name is Supersilver)

Supersilver has been quite happily and gulliably talking about his works since primary school... and you can be sure it is something you can't quite forget. For the fact he is very similar to my brother I feel a need to push through this lot and put things straight. Call it domineering, I call it honesty and truth.

Right. Chipnook.

First off- I don't know your reasons for this but it isn't terribly nice or fair. Childish antics, as so sported, are only fairly done if you are under eight years old. I have a feeling you're slightly older.

Yes, I am accusing you of stealing work. I feel so strongly about the matter I have taken it upon myself to post Supersilver's ideas on several sites which copyright the work. He is given full credit even although it is under my own name.

Someone's life work is a very private personal matter. Perhaps he was a bit niave but Chipnook (whatever your name is) I resent the fact you are taking advantage of that. What you are doing is wrong and absurd. On family sites such as this one you shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Your methods with your 'facts' are terribly easy to do. The time stamp on that text document could have been as simple as you changing the global time on your computer. I don't understand why many of you haven't questioned this- I haven't actually read over this topic as i'm too furious to stop typing.

And before you have a go at my brother for having his elder sister stick up for him and Supersilver-I pushed my brother off this computer on my own accord. I don't care if he gives excuses- I am not sorry for writing any of this (which has been politer than I would have liked to have put it). I am an extremely stubborn, grudgeful person- especially when fulled with anger- so I would be only too happy to continue ranting and raging for months to come.

I must ask that if this post displeases anyone that it is taken upon me and not my brothers account- as i'd never hear the end of it.

I'll leave further details or PM individuals on this account (or perhaps create my own account) if this doesn't sort itself out soon.

Stealing work is no laughing matter. We have either experienced it or perhaps in the future may experience it. It is very damaging and emotionally upsetting. Our ideas and principles are our babies- if someone lashes out we feel the pain.

~Ecardina

http://ecardina.deviantart.com/art/T...y-R3-100983047
Here it is. If Supersilver wishes to add to the story he need only ask and i'll put in his further ideas. If you enjoy his work I propose you continue to read it there and defend his work.

I hope very much not to have to repeat myself at a later date to how serious this is to me.

Mekka city: back in construction
legomash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #38
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomash View Post
Hello.
My little brother A.K.A Legomash has been on this (I haven't dabbled here before but now that this has occured I doubt i'll be back) site for quite some time and as has his friend.
My brother's friend in question is a boy I have known since he has been fairly young and although creative in many areas with quite an extrodinary imagination (quite like to my eccentric brother) is very hardworking and puts a lot of work into things. This boy is most certainly not chipnook (or whatever his name is) and the boy who is my brothers friend- well, he came up with the idea in the first place, and I havent bothered to find his username (I literally pushed my brother off the computer after finding out about this). (EDIT: his name is Supersilver)

Supersilver has been quite happily and gulliably talking about his works since primary school... and you can be sure it is something you can't quite forget. For the fact he is very similar to my brother I feel a need to push through this lot and put things straight. Call it domineering, I call it honesty and truth.

Right. Chipnook.

First off- I don't know your reasons for this but it isn't terribly nice or fair. Childish antics, as so sported, are only fairly done if you are under eight years old. I have a feeling you're slightly older.

Yes, I am accusing you of stealing work. I feel so strongly about the matter I have taken it upon myself to post Supersilver's ideas on several sites which copyright the work. He is given full credit even although it is under my own name.

Someone's life work is a very private personal matter. Perhaps he was a bit niave but Chipnook (whatever your name is) I resent the fact you are taking advantage of that. What you are doing is wrong and absurd. On family sites such as this one you shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Your methods with your 'facts' are terribly easy to do. The time stamp on that text document could have been as simple as you changing the global time on your computer. I don't understand why many of you haven't questioned this- I haven't actually read over this topic as i'm too furious to stop typing.

And before you have a go at my brother for having his elder sister stick up for him and Supersilver-I pushed my brother off this computer on my own accord. I don't care if he gives excuses- I am not sorry for writing any of this (which has been politer than I would have liked to have put it). I am an extremely stubborn, grudgeful person- especially when fulled with anger- so I would be only too happy to continue ranting and raging for months to come.

I must ask that if this post displeases anyone that it is taken upon me and not my brothers account- as i'd never hear the end of it.

I'll leave further details or PM individuals on this account (or perhaps create my own account) if this doesn't sort itself out soon.

Stealing work is no laughing matter. We have either experienced it or perhaps in the future may experience it. It is very damaging and emotionally upsetting. Our ideas and principles are our babies- if someone lashes out we feel the pain.

~Ecardina

http://ecardina.deviantart.com/art/T...y-R3-100983047
Here it is. If Supersilver wishes to add to the story he need only ask and i'll put in his further ideas. If you enjoy his work I propose you continue to read it there and defend his work.

I hope very much not to have to repeat myself at a later date to how serious this is to me.
I caught you! You never edited the post
Edit: atleast you haven't by now that I post this!

Last edited by Pumpkineater; 10-17-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #39
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Also, I support Supersilver on this
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #40
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomash View Post
I don't understand why many of you haven't questioned this- I haven't actually read over this topic as i'm too furious to stop typing.
Not sure if you'll read this, but perhaps you should have read the rest of the topic; nobody stole anything from anyone, chinook was just trying to make a joke here - he's not actually trying to claim that supersilver's story is his work, he was just kidding. The dates are obviously faked, and most people here are and have been well aware of this even before your post, and I'd say it would be all settled if people would stop poking the dead body of chinook's (admittedly not very funny) joke.

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 10-17-2008 at 09:14 AM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote