Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017
Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Default Digging up old posts

I was looking around in total mayhem, and i have dug up alot of WEIRD STUFF. At one point there was a spam bot on this forum, actually 4-5 of them, all the same dude, And there was once a world called spamumu or something.... This seems to have happened about 4 years ago... MANY people, from what i can see, were banned. I've only been here for about a year. What other strange secrets are around? It seems the forums have alot of history. Please tell me more about events in hamumu history. DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING BANNED. I already can figure it out, and its rude.

Last edited by fourwind; 11-12-2008 at 04:26 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
TyTBone
College Boi

Default Re: Digging up old posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwind View Post
DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING BANNED. I already can figure it out, and its rude.
Just a personal comment: it may not be appropriate, but I've found it interesting to hear what they did. That being said, don't do it.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

What i mean by posting stuff, is post events that happened when this forum first started! I was around hamumu when loony land was released! Seriosuly. I just never go an account or anything.

As i mean, The history of the forums.

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

now this may not be "history" but hammu sure does have a TONE of inside jokes, not that i know many of them, having only recently become active, but blackduck is always telling me about some wird thing thats happened in the past...

actually i DO know something... its fairly recent, but some guy was spamming ads for TV brakets... Jamul was going to delete the thread, but decided to keep it because it was so funy!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

I heard there was a thing called the spampocalypse, but don't have many details.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
blackmyth
eats people.

Every single post in Total Mayhem was deleted, due to the insane amount of spamming purely to raise post counts.

Last edited by blackmyth; 11-12-2008 at 11:04 PM.
blackmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmyth View Post
spamming purely to raise post counts.
Not necessarily true for everyone. I also posted lots of random things during mostly with the intention to be "funny", and I'm sure at least one or two people did that with the intent of annoying others more than raising their post accounts.

But yeah, since garbage or semi-garbage posts were appearing in TM at a one-post-per-5-seconds rate during that time (a member named Dark Lord Farley somehow triggered that, and the spamming phenomenon eventually reached epic proportions), the Post Apocalypse got rid of all of the TM posts (I believe Mr.Onion said it took place on the day he joined) and Hammered was made a mod to ensure that nothing like the "Spam Wars" can happen again. Spamumu was a world intended as a tribute to the events of the Spam Wars, but I'm boycotting it because of the untrue portrayal of myself as an mindless Farley goon. (Yes, I'm still offended by that, specifically since DLF was and still is my arch nemesis >:P)

Oh, and the Culture article on the Wiki covers some important stuff and in-jokes of the past. If there's anything specific about the Hamumu forum's history not covered anywhere else which you'd like to know about, feel free to ask me, I've been here for the last 5+ years and will probably know something about it.

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 11-13-2008 at 06:12 AM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

anyone remember who got kiked from the chat for singing rickroll?

all i remember was that hammered's reason whas
"never gunna let you sing"
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
Redbone
She & her pronouns

That was King Mememe. =D
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Onion's been getting kicked for singing since not long after the chat became a fixed part of the site. (ie, not the one that was hosted elsewhere. I forget what it was called now.)
Thinking about it, we've had rather a lot of chatrooms in a pretty short amount of time. The off-site one (or were there 2? I forget.) then Bribble, then Flashchat, then Addonchat now. Probably a few others for short periods of time too.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
Onion's been getting kicked for singing since not long after the chat became a fixed part of the site. (ie, not the one that was hosted elsewhere. I forget what it was called now.)
Thinking about it, we've had rather a lot of chatrooms in a pretty short amount of time. The off-site one (or were there 2? I forget.) then Bribble, then Flashchat, then Addonchat now. Probably a few others for short periods of time too.
There was the time I tried to make a Hamumu chat on Chatango. It failed horribly.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

Sometimes our current chat is pretty sparsely populated. And there are far too many mimes on the chat!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
LoonyBoy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to LoonyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to LoonyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwind View Post
I was looking around in total mayhem, and i have dug up alot of WEIRD STUFF. At one point there was a spam bot on this forum, actually 4-5 of them, all the same dude, And there was once a world called spamumu or something.... This seems to have happened about 4 years ago... MANY people, from what i can see, were banned. I've only been here for about a year. What other strange secrets are around? It seems the forums have alot of history. Please tell me more about events in hamumu history. DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING BANNED. I already can figure it out, and its rude.
Is a spam bot the same thing as a advertisement bot or what?
LoonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #14
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
My heart will always be with Bribble. Flashchat wasn't too bad, on the other hand...

P.S. Still, Bribble is my favourite.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote