Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
grim3vil
Tight Like Spandex
 
grim3vil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 575
Yerfdog Psychic Powers, the Debate

its hard to say but i belive somehow somewhere there is some kinda psychic occurance that happened at some point in time there is no evidence anywhere but i belive... maybe
__________________
Evig em lla ruoy suoiciled yenom
grim3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

I don't have any evidence that I can show, but I have performed aerokinesis and psychokinesis.

Here is a photo album site I found with PK pics:
http://www.psipog.net/media.html
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect
 
CheeseLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The dead center of the universe.
Posts: 1,590
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

I recognize several of those videos from my days as an amateur magician. I have performed some of them myself, and I'm certainly not psychic. I could design an experiment that would be slightly more believable, however. Oh, and this sums up my feelings pretty well.
__________________
There is often a method to the madness, but always a madness to the method.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord View Post
I recognize several of those videos from my days as an amateur magician. I have performed some of them myself, and I'm certainly not psychic. I could design an experiment that would be slightly more believable, however. Oh, and this sums up my feelings pretty well.
I may never return to the forums again, as you and the other nonbelivers are driving me close to insanity.
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
seamonkey
spoon eater
 
seamonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the question is where are you?
Posts: 1,616
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

monks have been proven to be able to float at will.
__________________
French fry Kremlin the morose nucleotides!-Jamul
There is no fifth amendment in mafia games - you don't have a right to be silent!- hammered
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!
 
Connor S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
monks have been proven to be able to float at will.
They've been proven have they? Wheres the proof? And which monks are we talking about here?
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!
 
Connor S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

For everyone who voted either option with evidence, please post your evidence or your vote will count as no evidence.

EDIT: Ack, Accedental Double Post.

Last edited by Connor S.; 11-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy
 
bobinator1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The middle of nowhere (AKA Alabama)
Posts: 241
Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
I may never return to the forums again, as you and the other nonbelivers are driving me close to insanity.
I think you need to calm down a little. :/ People are entitled to their own opinion just as much as you are, and if you really wanted to prove your argument, you would find better evidence than "No, I'm right, I'm telling you! Stop trying to prove me wrong or I'll leave forever!"
__________________
Games I'm Waiting For: Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard, House of the Dead: Overkill, MadWorld
bobinator1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinator1992 View Post
I think you need to calm down a little. :/ People are entitled to their own opinion just as much as you are, and if you really wanted to prove your argument, you would find better evidence than "No, I'm right, I'm telling you! Stop trying to prove me wrong or I'll leave forever!"
It's really hard to calm down when half the forum users are questioning your beliefs. And for the evidence, did you not see the link in the post?
http://www.psipog.net/media.html
http://www.mytelekinesis.com/videos.html

And here is a report I found on Google Scholar:
http://66.102.1.104/scholar?hl=en&lr...iments+results
As said in the article:

"It is clear to this author that anomalous cognition is possible and has been demonstrated. This
conclusion is not based on belief, but rather on commonly accepted scientific criteria. The
phenomenon has been replicated in a number of forms across laboratories and cultures. The
various experiments in which it has been observed have been different enough that if some
subtle methodological problems can explain the results, then there would have to be a different
explanation for each type of experiment, yet the impact would have to be similar across
experiments and laboratories. If fraud were responsible, similarly, it would require an
equivalent amount of fraud on the part of a large number of experimenters or an even larger
number of subjects.
What is not so clear is that we have progressed very far in understanding the mechanism for
anomalous cognition. Senders do not appear to be necessary at all; feedback of the correct
answer may or may not be necessary. Distance in time and space do not seem to be an
impediment. Beyond those conclusions, we know very little.
I believe that it would be wasteful of valuable resources to continue to look for proof. No one
who has examined all of the data across laboratories, taken as a collective whole, has been
able to suggest methodological or statistical problems to explain the ever-increasing and
consistent results to date. Resources should be directed to the pertinent questions about how
this ability works. I am confident that the questions are no more elusive than any other
questions in science dealing with small to medium sized effects, and that if appropriate
resources are targeted to appropriate questions, we can have answers within the next decade."
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 11-25-2008 at 07:07 PM.
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard
 
Kerma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CANADA
Posts: 728
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

PsiPog is just overrated in my opinion. It's a wiki type site, And I can just see people behind their chairs laughing their heads off.

Other sweet fake sites:

http://www.thedogisland.com/

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
__________________
Kerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerma View Post
PsiPog is just overrated in my opinion. It's a wiki type site, And I can just see people behind their chairs laughing their heads off.

Other sweet fake sites:

http://www.thedogisland.com/

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
I've used the techs on PsiPog. the My Telekinesis site I have doubts about. Did you not read the report from Google Scholar?
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!
 
Connor S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

As I said in the first post, this thread is not to discuss / debate about the subject- keep that to the other three hundred threads. Only post if you have a question or if you have Irrefutable proof.

Trying to convince people with unverifiable accounts is not going to count.

Also- try to use at least two sources when giving proof, it helps to credit what your saying.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
death
Banned
 
death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 2,249
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

I believe in psychic powers, sonic. don't get mad. remember: alot of people aren't used to this kind of stuff. I myself have only heard of telekenesis (SP?) and pyrokenesis before you mentioned the others. if you don't feel comfortable posting about psychic powers publicly, you could always pm someone (like me) or start a group of your own.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #14
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.
 
Sillyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nonexistent
Posts: 1,392
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

I believe psychic powers exist, but you might have to travel a long way to get there and I'm not sure of the equivalency in distance between the traditional space dimensions and the dimensions which you would have to travel through, plus the unit of distance has not yet been invented, and I cannot at this time perceive different locations along said dimensions, nor travel along them, so I can't give a figure. Who knows though, they might be right under our noses.
__________________
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/M d- s: a--- C++ UL P L+++(+) E- W++ N o+ K? w O? M V? PS PE Y PGP- t+ 5? X? R>+ tv+ b+>++ DI+@ D(---) G e->++++ !h r? y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #15
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable
 
Mr.Onion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.
Posts: 4,862
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

I do not believe that psychich powers are real, and I do not have to provide proof because I am not the one postulating.
__________________
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: The Psychic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
The "scientific" proof above doesn't work: Without electrons, molecules fall apart, and atoms are reduced to nuclei, so you can't get "clouds" of it. (Nuclei on their own are highly charged, and will disperse as much as possible.)


Are you aware that everything is visible if you use the right camera?

There's a difference between physically not being able to see something, and not believing it to be there. The light that reaches your eyeball isn't affected by what the brain is doing.

For those who have psychic powers and can demonstrate it, collect your prize.
Yes, I know that it is visible. I do belive that I mentioned this before to ChesseLord. THE CAMERA COSTS $4K. Did you even read the report that the link led to?
http://66.102.1.104/scholar?hl=en&lr...iments+results

FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DEBATING PSYCHIC POWERS. IT IS FOR PSYCHICS TO COMMUNICATE. READ THE FIRST POST.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.
 
Sillyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nonexistent
Posts: 1,392
Default Re: The Psychic Thread

In that case, I request that posts merged in be split out and merged into the thread for debating it, as well as my posts of attempted wit.
__________________
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/M d- s: a--- C++ UL P L+++(+) E- W++ N o+ K? w O? M V? PS PE Y PGP- t+ 5? X? R>+ tv+ b+>++ DI+@ D(---) G e->++++ !h r? y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #18
varkarrus
Banned
 
varkarrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fending Off Boredom
Posts: 1,940
Default Re: The Psychic Thread

Thanks. Now that you got me thinking, my geography teacher is in the hospital with "Pinched Brain Neurons".
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
Crabwarrior
Hamumuian
 
Crabwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In ur house, freeing ur goldfish.
Posts: 376
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
I didn't look at the other videos in great detail, but this one in particular struck me... Just about everything he moves around in the first video is made of metal. Probably iron. Which is magnetic. He could very easily be moving around a magnet under the table using his knees. Or there could be another person under the table.
__________________
Beware of quantum ducks: Quark! Quark!

Last edited by Crabwarrior; 11-26-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Crabwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #20
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Psychic Powers: Real Or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
I do not believe that psychich powers are real, and I do not have to provide proof because I am not the one postulating.
Burden of Proof is for legal disputes. And anyway, I highly doubt that I will stop beliving in psychic powers if you don't give any proof.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elemental Powers sonicchaos1993 Total Mayhem 8 06-21-2010 05:44 PM
Psychic Powers: Real Or Not? Connor S. Total Mayhem 13 12-01-2008 04:13 PM
The thread for debating psychic powers Mr.Onion Total Mayhem 1 11-26-2008 01:17 PM
I'm Psychic! Deciple_of_Dumb Total Mayhem 27 01-29-2006 09:17 PM
Powers Mr.Onion Dr. Lunatic 1 09-15-2005 11:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.