Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Costume Party

Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Default Re: Costume Party Expansion Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ View Post
I really like these couple of ideas. Here's my additions:
Barrels: Combining barrels and boulders. Frank (possibly others) can push them like crates, but they carry on going until they hit something, like snowballs.
Conveyor Belts: Nice idea. Perhaps also there could be switches that change their direction. Could be interesting.
The whole conveyor belt switch thing could open up a whole new world of possibilities for puzzles.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #22
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Conveyer belts being able to carry spikes along would be interesting...

Also, a door that only opens when all enemies are destroyed, similar to the bat one.

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-02-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #23
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

Explorer's door: A door that uses a invisble trigger to open.
Also, to yourter, I think jamul said he wants to keep this game simple, so no specials!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #24
Coolguy
Couch Potato

You can use color blocks for that, Kerma!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #25
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Trick or Treating Bag: For __ seconds, candy you collect can be stacked by each other. (Candy Corn + Blue Jawbreaker + Pink Jawbreaker + ...)

Horizontal Moving Block: Acts like a normal silver block, except it moves horizontally. You will die if you get squished between it and another solid object.

Vertical Moving Block: Same as the Horizontal Moving Block, except it moves vertically.

Macho Kid Costume: A faster than the kid, can fight (Like the wolf, but no leaps or dives), and can destroy bricks by smashing into them from the side by running. With more speed, you can jump higher.

Disguise Costume: Same as the kid, but looks like a detective, and can zap things. It will look like anything it zaps. When disguised, enemies will not notice you, but unless you are solid like a brick, you can get hurt bu them.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Alien Costume- He has a melee ''attack''. It doesn't deal damage, but it takes some of the target's DNA so the alien can disguise himself as them. By using this ''attack'', the alien will look like the target for 30 seconds. The effect ends if you replicate a new set of DNA or get hurt. When disguised as a monster, you cannot be harmed by that type of monster... Although other monsters will still be able to hurt you! The same monster can be replicated more than once.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #27
CyberSonic
is Awsum

Maybe a spaceship costume?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #28
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

I don't know whether it has already been suggested, but I would like to see blocks that disintergrate/ crumple away after you stand on them. Instead of having triggers removing coloured blocks and such, these would individually disappear when you stood on them, as an extra time restricting method.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #29
grim3vil
Tight Like Spandex

we need stockboy as a charecter he could summon a barrel and run people over with it and stuff
Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #30
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

I think a Retro Pack would be nice...
There could be:
Disco costume- Stuns all monsters (not players), and can shoot red bullets otherwise acts like the kid
Spaceship costume- can float like ghost, shoots aliens that can pass thru grates and get items/press switches
Superhero costume- Can jump 7 blocks, can punch, reflects bullets. weakness is Inviso blocks
Freaky Zeke- Monster, has 3 health, does 2 damage on contact and runs away when hurt. Cannot be scared.
Gooey block- When you hit the top by jumping, you stick and cannot move. Get down by pressing down.
Drip- when anyone walks under it, it gushes lava and doe 3 health damage
Turret- Like deadly tree and laser tree, shoots in all diagonal directions.
Conveyor belt- moves anything left/right when pressed
Jetpack- give ghost-jumping power for 20 seconds
Yerfdog- A moving, bouncing trampoline! when stepped on it says "Yerf!"
Slammo- Monster that jumps when it sees you, and if you touch the ground it does 1 heart damage
Hippie Stick Man- The happy stick monster for costume party! Dashes at you when it sees you, and is instant death to anything in it's path. can jump over bullets, and is invincible other than snowballs, spikes, icicles and lit fireplaces.
Shoopy- shoots a big, 1 block high laser across the whole screen when it sees you. kills anything but metal/inviso blocks. Makes a "BLAAAAH!" sound when it fires.
Dragon- The up&down form of the gargoyle
Phone booth- solid block, disappears when touched by Superhero costume
Purple Block/ Purple invisoblock- Changes when Purple Switch/Purple Pressure Pad is pressed
Purple Switch/Purple Pressure pad- activates Purple blocks/ Purple invisoblocks.
Purple door-teleports to other nearest purple door
Purple door 2- disappears when player touches and has purple key
Purple key- opens purple doors
Dance Floor- heals Disco Costume to max and increases time by 10 seconds. only works once.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #31
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Nega-Clock: A clock, but it's red! It's also a trap that decreases the amount of time you have.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #32
TyTBone
College Boi

So, um, the ability to create your own backgrounds would be nice [even if it's tiled, like the others]...
Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #33
yourter12
forever gone

Thanks AtkinsSJ. Sorry I haven't been posting. On Mondays to Fridays, in the morning, I can't go on the computer. Here's more ideas!
  • Brown, purple, orange and aqua and grey colored keys, Doors and switches that act like the other colored keys.
  • Lava: Dissolves you.
  • Angry Housewife (Enemy, for a pack called Jokes N' Pranks Pack): A joke one, when you come near, she throws a broom at you.

More for the Joke Pack will come!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #34
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Pitch Black Darkness: Same as the darkness 'items', but it is pitch black and cannot be seen through.
Bright Light: Same as above, except its light, white, and cannot be seen.
Darkness Trigger: A switch that will turn dark 'lights' off, or on, if they are already off.
Light Trigger: Same as above, except it turns all lights off/on.
Light+Darkness Trigger: All darkness in the level will not appear, and the light will disappear, when this is pressed, and vise versa. You can change which light (darkness or brightness) will be off when you start the level by right clicking on the item picker before picking the item.

^These could change the world.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #35
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Moonlight - Makes the werewolf invincible.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #36
varkarrus
Banned

Non-moonlight:

Turns the Werewolf into the kid, destroying the costume.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #37
TyTBone
College Boi

I think Redbone has some good ideas.

- The ability to change to turn lights on and off would be nice.

- Either a plain moving vertical platform or a vertical Gargoyle would be great.

- Something I've said time and time again: either the ability to link levels or to simply create larger levels would be great. [I think the "linker" is better, though.] That way, if you don't want to, you can keep the "tension" of a level going, and avoid "breaking" it by having to search for the next chapter in the saga...something like that [Yes, I'm thinking a Fantasy Pack would be cool.]

- Coolguy's "Moonlight" is, um, cool , but I think it should be an item to be picked up [as in a full moon]... (or maybe that's what he had in mind.)

- Eventually, the ability to create custom colored doorways, keys, and passageways [or just giving us more color choices] would be great, so you wouldn't necessarily have to worry about running out and the proximity of colors.

- EDIT: For a second there, I thought the ability to see a sentence or two of text by having hitting a "sign" [which would fall under the "light" category] would be cool, but then I thought about people adding in profanity. Meh.

Last edited by TyTBone; 12-09-2008 at 11:06 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #38
varkarrus
Banned

Since Jamul's working on the Dumb pack, we should come up with ideas for it.

Award to get Bouapha: Destroy 5,000 objects (enemies, blocks, anything. Candy included.)

Kid Mystic: Like the witch. Can fire zap bolts in the air, but not on the ground. Or some other difference like that.

Yerfdog: Like the ghost, he can fly. He can't boo, but he can Yerf, which damages all enemies in an invisible Shockwave that can't move through walls, but is otherwise infinite range. Does little damage. Yerfs also activate targets.

Last edited by Jamul; 12-11-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: leave it
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #39
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkarrus View Post
Yerfdog: Like the ghost, he can fly. He can't boo, but he can Yerf, which damages all enemies in an invisible Shockwave that can't move through walls, but is otherwise infinite range. Does little damage. Yerfs also activate targets.
Gotta be honest, I don't think he should be able to fly all the time or, at least, one shouldn't necessarily be able to control his flight easily. [I just think your example is too similar to a ghost.] Maybe he can deflect bullets or attacks back at enemies with his bounciness [if he takes the time to puff up enough, like the vampire hiding]...

As for flying, what about cases of helium that make him fly for limited amount of time? Or, if you hold down the button to make him "blow away", you can turn him 360 degrees, and he'll blow away from whatever you're pointing at... [I know, ricochet like Bouapha's hammers, but meh. ]

Last edited by TyTBone; 12-11-2008 at 05:12 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #40
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Maybe Yerfdog can blow enemies and objects by pressing control and a direction (like North Wind). Blowing down propels him upwards. He can (sort of) fly this way, although it's a lot harder than a ghost, since he'd have to wait a certain amount of time before blowing again, so if he blows himself at some spikes, he's in trouble!

Other Yerfdog idea: Since he's a balloon, he constantly floats upwards... like the ghost in reverse. He can't control his motion at all when he's far away from a solid object, although he can push off walls if he's touching any. Pressing Control sucks in a nearby object in the direction he's pointing, and if it's an enemy, he can spit it back out as a bullet. He sort of acts like he's in reverse gravity, since he can ''jump'' off ceilings downwards.

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-11-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote