Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Costume Party

Old 12-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #41
TyTBone
College Boi

Default Re: Costume Party Expansion Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
Pressing Control sucks in a nearby object in the direction he's pointing, and if it's an enemy, he can spit it back out as a bullet.
I like this idea. [I'm assuming he can hold an item indefinitely in his mouth. ] One other but less fun idea is that he can't totally suck in objects, but he can pull them towards him from a distance.

EDIT: I was just thinking: a "stone" version of a spider would make more sense than a vertical-moving gargoyle, but either one would be pretty cool.

EDIT2: Kid Mystic idea, apologies to SpiderPumpkin :P [although I don't own KD so this might not make sense]: Kid can shoot flames from his wand, and creatures catch fire, and the smoke that comes out of them - for a limited time - KD can jump up [x] number of spaces up. [Might be too close to the wind, but I don't own Winter.] The more dudes that catch fire, the higher the smoke. Crates should also be flamable. Oh, and I suppose the creatures could automatically dissappear once the fire bolt hits them [like if they were to die on spikes]...

Last edited by TyTBone; 12-11-2008 at 07:24 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #42
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I recall Jamul specifically saying that the characters would be Bouapha, Yerfdog, and Happy Stick Man. Costume Party doesn't have a Happy Stick yet, and I have no idea what one's power would be. Maybe entering THE SECOND DIMENSION! WOOOSH!

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-11-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #43
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
I recall Jamul specifically saying that the characters would be Bouapha, Yerfdog, and Happy Stick Man. Costume Party doesn't have a Happy Stick yet, and I have no idea what one's power would be. Maybe entering THE SECOND DIMENSION! WOOOSH!
Hey, maybe if Jamul created a 1/2 brick, the HSM's power could be to fall flat [so he can't be seen, other than maybe a tiny strip of light blue] and crawl under it. Certainly not exciting, but it's worth a mention...

Oh, well then of course he'd be able to crawl through vents, since it's only logical he'd be able to do that too...

EDIT: Or maybe something involving the ability to use his slender arms and legs to climb the crevices in brick walls or monkey bars-ish style. [or just create a new kind of brick wall, with obvious slots.]

Quote:
I recall Jamul specifically saying that the characters would be Bouapha, Yerfdog, and Happy Stick Man.
Was that in a Journal or a chat SEKRIT I missed?

Last edited by TyTBone; 12-11-2008 at 10:59 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #44
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Happy Sticks traditionally have ridiculous amounts of firepower, so that could be a feature I guess.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #45
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

*not bothering to read through and check if it has been said already*

Definately need shrooms.
Yep.

IMO, Mushies/ Shrooms/ whatever they are really called should be in this next expansion(as they are 1.) In more than one game. 2.) Awesome.)

Obviously, they are slow(like in the other games they are in), and even more obviously they should poot out spores when you get close.

Not sure if you should be able to get poisoned... Probably just take away one or two hearts when you get hit.

You should also be able to stand on their heads.
Actually, you should bounce off them like a trampoline, and when you bounce on them they shoot out spores that hurt enemies.

Hmmmm.... Well, it's more interesting than the mummy.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #46
uberDude
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Definately need shrooms.
Yep.

IMO, Mushies/ Shrooms/ whatever they are really called should be in this next expansion(as they are 1.) In more than one game. 2.) Awesome.)

Obviously, they are slow(like in the other games they are in), and even more obviously they should poot out spores when you get close.

Not sure if you should be able to get poisoned... Probably just take away one or two hearts when you get hit.

You should also be able to stand on their heads.
Actually, you should bounce off them like a trampoline, and when you bounce on them they shoot out spores that hurt enemies.
I like the idea of having a monster that can hurt both the player and other monsters. It could add a lot more puzzles to the game. Also, I like the idea of a moving "trampoline".
uberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #47
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Falling Water: Water, that will fall if nothing solid holds it from below.

Enemy Attracter:
Will act like a player, but it is actually nothing at all, but the monsters see it as a player. Avoids having to have a second kid for an enemy to do something.

Magnet: Faces up. Nothing can jump when one is standing on it.

Loose Block: A silver/grey block that is a few pixels lower than the usual silver/grey blocks. They will fall down when touched by something.

Candle: Acts just like a Candy Corn. (For the dumb pack)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #48
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Candles! They each give a small amount of points (like Jawbreakers), but when they're all collected, they give 1,000 more points! Collect all the candles! EDIT: Ninja'd by Redbone. Time-travel thief!

Maybe a Jamulio Crate (I don't know what the real name would be). It would look like one of those super mario blocks; When it gets hit with something that would destroy a brick, it breaks. However, what makes it different from a brick is that it drops a candy corn! (or maybe one of those rainbow jawbreakers or a candle- I'm not sure). So players want to blow all of these up.

Happy Pony enemy! It shoots rainbows and bunnies. I don't know.

Eyeball tree! It shoots four shoots in four directions (up, down, left, right), then shoots four shots on four diagonal directions. Then repeats over and over. ONOS, it's the Christmas Tree and Dead Tree combined into one!

Giftbot enemy! He's like Santa; He leaves gifts along behind him, and they blow up after several seconds or if a player touches one. If Giftbot sees the player, he will follow the player and jump over walls that are 2 tiles high or shorter, and he'll fling his bricks in an arc at the player.

EDIT: And Anti-Kid! He's the same as the kid, but he moves in reverse directions. This can make multiple-kid levels more interesting... Or you can make a level use only the anti-kid just to confuse everybody. >: D

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #49
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Laser: A laser. Instant kill.
^^Vertical and horizontal, and another set of vertical and horizontal that will turn on/off. Then maybe a few more sets that turn on/off depending on the red/blue/green switch.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #50
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Cow from Scarecrow: You can safely ride a cow across spikes.

Order Knight enemy: His poleaxe can shove the player into a pit! But he can also push crates with it.

Not sure what else... maybe some stuff from Stockboy?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #51
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Those are both great ideas, PK! Stuff from other games would be great.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #52
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Those are both great ideas, PK! Stuff from other games would be great.
Sounds like a "Freebies" pack
Old 12-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #53
varkarrus
Banned

Ninja Kitty costume: Fire rapid fire shurikens, or attack enemies at close range. While he's good at fighting, his real ability is his infinite-wall jump, and fluid aerial controls.

Bombot: Mobile Explosive block, that damages the player as well when explodes. Has random colors, and fire projectiles as well. There thick armor can only be peirced by Ninja kitty or wolfman.

Bonehead costume: Little jumping power, but has a ranged fireball attack that can activate switches, and move through grates. He will fall through any grate he stands on, due to his thinness.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #54
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Kid Mystic Costume: Fires bullets from his wand. The bullets can hit an item, and if it does, you get it! The bullet can range to 5 blocks away.
Spikey Boots: If Kid Mystic picks it up, he can walk on spikes! For other costumes, it is just decoration.
Ameggoron (Spelling?) Sword: If Kid Mystic picks it up, he holds the sword, and can shoot skulls! The skulls will fly until it hits something, (Will bounce off walls) and it can home on enemies at least two blocks away. Will last for seven seconds. For other costumes, it is just decoration.

PUMPKIN!: Slow as a Mummy, but unlike the mummy, it will be stationary until the player comes close, and it will follow the player! It can be killed in one hit.

Orbiter: On the light layer. It will orbit around the spot it is placed above, shooting bullets that hurt the player. If killed, will make an explosion that will hurt the player and enemies.

Eensy Weensy: Just like a normal spider, except it is faster, and it will swing and try to hit the player.

Boomkin: Like PUMPKIN!, except it is twice as fast, will explode when it is killed or touches the player, and the explosions are the explosions from the Blast Bricks, except they hurt the player and enemies in addition to breaking Blast Bricks and Crumbly Bricks.

Toxic Waste: Just like water, except it hurts the player (Without bouncing him up), and enemies will die when it touches it, except for the fish from the Winter Pack. Penguin can swim in it like water, and Ghost will pass through at normal speed, and will not be harmed.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #55
uberDude
Dumb Person

Question Re: Costume Party Expansion Ideas

Does Jamul read this, because his only post was on the first page. It would be nice if we knew what kinds of expansion packs he was thinking of making.
uberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #56
stop its hammer time
Bacorn Overlord

i thought this would be a pritty cool idea....

PIPES! if u connect them together then u will slide through and pop out the other end but if u jump from a hight u go through it faster and if the end of the tube was facing up u would need to jump into the pipe from high up to get pushed into the air really high

someone please say if this is a good idea or not cos im not really sure

yerf

Last edited by stop its hammer time; 12-15-2008 at 01:42 AM.
stop its hammer time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #57
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Chimneys/Fireplaces do the same thing.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #58
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

But only for Santa, and only vertically, and without the high-velocity transmission
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #59
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Quote:
Why not use my idea for the Hippie Stick Man?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #60
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Talking

How about a nature pack?

objects/enemies
dark tree,uprooted(there for moving)deadly tree
inanimate flower,slowly heals when standing on it
soft earth,flower can root to this spot
pollution,instantly kills who ever touches it
bumble bee,kamakozys you
bee hive,makes bumble bees
tree,common obstical that grows when watered and can be destroyed by lumberjack
watering pot,grows nearest tree

costumes
flower,can shoot paralyzing pollen and can root to soft earth where it can shoot deadly tree bullets
lumber jack,can chop enemies and trees
hunter,can shoot enemies

bosses
treent,giant living tree
dire bear,monsteres ginormis bear
assassin vine,giant consticing vine

A medieval pack?

objects/enemies
evil knight,attacks with sword
good knight,attacks enemies with sword
drake,spits fire and flies back and forth
executioner,if it finds a good knight on a chopping block it instantly kills it
chopping block,traps good knights and players
treasure,lots of points
burning oil,drops on player and enemies

costumes
king,fights with sword
goblin,can open doors with no key and avoid chopping blocks
troll,can smash bricks

bosses
dragon,giant evil lizard
evil king,king of evil kingdom
evil troll,giant evil humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberclone42 View Post
I think a Retro Pack would be nice...
There could be:
Disco costume- Stuns all monsters (not players), and can shoot red bullets otherwise acts like the kid
Spaceship costume- can float like ghost, shoots aliens that can pass thru grates and get items/press switches
Superhero costume- Can jump 7 blocks, can punch, reflects bullets. weakness is Inviso blocks
Freaky Zeke- Monster, has 3 health, does 2 damage on contact and runs away when hurt. Cannot be scared.
Gooey block- When you hit the top by jumping, you stick and cannot move. Get down by pressing down.
Drip- when anyone walks under it, it gushes lava and doe 3 health damage
Turret- Like deadly tree and laser tree, shoots in all diagonal directions.
Conveyor belt- moves anything left/right when pressed
Jetpack- give ghost-jumping power for 20 seconds
Yerfdog- A moving, bouncing trampoline! when stepped on it says "Yerf!"
Slammo- Monster that jumps when it sees you, and if you touch the ground it does 1 heart damage
Hippie Stick Man- The happy stick monster for costume party! Dashes at you when it sees you, and is instant death to anything in it's path. can jump over bullets, and is invincible other than snowballs, spikes, icicles and lit fireplaces.
Shoopy- shoots a big, 1 block high laser across the whole screen when it sees you. kills anything but metal/inviso blocks. Makes a "BLAAAAH!" sound when it fires.
Dragon- The up&down form of the gargoyle
Phone booth- solid block, disappears when touched by Superhero costume
Purple Block/ Purple invisoblock- Changes when Purple Switch/Purple Pressure Pad is pressed
Purple Switch/Purple Pressure pad- activates Purple blocks/ Purple invisoblocks.
Purple door-teleports to other nearest purple door
Purple door 2- disappears when player touches and has purple key
Purple key- opens purple doors
Dance Floor- heals Disco Costume to max and increases time by 10 seconds. only works once.
Good idea
peter is offline   Reply With Quote