Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Default Worst sick day ever

What was the worst time you were ever sick?
Today, im like this:

My mouth feels like cotton.
My stomach hurts REALLY BAD.
My brain keeps on saying that im hungry, But im pretty sure if i eat something, I'm going to puke.
I have that pukey feeling also.
Whenever i stand up, i get woozy, and dizzy, and start stumbling around.
all of my joints hurt.
FOR NO REASON.
This, is my worst sick day ever.
Whats yours?

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

Default Re: Worst sick day ever

When you get to be my age, you don't count the sick days. You count the well days.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
minmay
Dumb Person

I have rather unfond memories of spending an entire day on the toilet when I was eleven. Urgh.
I'm not sure if this topic will turn out to be altogether that enjoyable to read...
minmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernoob View Post
When you get to be my age, you don't count the sick days. You count the well days.
This post contrains win 0.o

But anyways, I was very very sick, was nauseous, had an upset stomach, headache, dizziness, and general not feeling well. bleeeeegh.....
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I've watched ALOT of SpongeBob while laying in bed sick.
I was out for two days, and there comes a point that you think "Where does it all come from.... Blegh!"

Anyway, I haven't been terribly sick for quite awhile. I used to get sick all the time, but I think that has stopped.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 01-13-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Re-phraising, make it nicer to read
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
thebunnybatterylives
THE ENERGY SAVER

Location: In the middle of nowhere in a parrel univese where nothing is possible
Post Re: Worst sick day ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwind View Post
What was the worst time you were ever sick?
Today, im like this:

My mouth feels like cotton.
My stomach hurts REALLY BAD.
My brain keeps on saying that im hungry, But im pretty sure if i eat something, I'm going to puke.
I have that pukey feeling also.
Whenever i stand up, i get woozy, and dizzy, and start stumbling around.
all of my joints hurt.
FOR NO REASON.
This, is my worst sick day ever.
Whats yours?
Ive had something like this before. Except it was at school, right after recess. The nurse said I was perfectly fine, nothing wrong. But when I was going up there, I thought and felt like I was going to puke. I made it too the nurse, but had to get sent home.
thebunnybatterylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
King Krazy
resident mandolinist

Mine was kind of sick NIGHT, but what a night it was. I tried some shrimp for dinner and I liked it for the time being... Later I felt very pukey. and during the night I woke up throwing up in my bed and ON MY ARM! Blech! I spent maybe three or four hours in the bathroom barfing my guts out. Very unpleasant! I also get some really painful sore throats from time to time.
My amp: Fishman ACG-20 (discontinued)
King Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

My worst sick day is any sick day, whether it's sudden or I know I'm going to get sick. Oddly, I'd rather throw up then have nausea. There's a sort of calm afterward that's relaxing. It lasts for a few seconds, and then you feel horrible again.

I remember one weekend that was nice, however. I was really dizzy and sick, so I sat in my bed all day, watching TV. The only thing that was on were those sci-fi/mystery series', and murder mystery shows. There was also 1-2 star movies on. However, I was delirious due to the illness, so I had no idea what was going on. It was fun.

"Alieeeennnnnssssssstakingvial... Look out! Itzat one guy who... ...Like a chicken... Spiny river!"

That was pretty much all the coherent thought I had during the weekend.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
Baconstrips
AKA "Pramtrade"

I had strep throat. I always felt rreeaallllyy cold, even though I had a coat, three blankets, and all sorts of other thing to warm me up. My mom said I just felt cold, and if I did that any more, I could overheat. So I had to take off my coat and blankets and all that and I was still just as cold. I also had a REALLY bad stomachache. And, of course, the worst sore throat EVER. It felt like I was sneezing with a normal sore throat just when I was sitting around doing nothing. When ever I swallowed, I almost died. It didn't help that I had a bad runny nose, so I had to swallow contenually (It was a weird runny nose so it didn't come out my nose, it just went down my throat). And every time I sneezed, I thought I actually would have my throat literally explode. I also thought I had swallowed a match and it was burning forever inside my throat. I also threw up a lot, and every time I did, I tried to throw up way after anything came out. For some reason, avery time I tried to barf, There was an INSANE amount of presure that always built up in my face. It felt like I was being squashed under a four ton weight. My headeache was also so bad I couldn't see staight sometimes, and it was hard to hear properly for a few weeks afterward. I think I still can't hear as well as I could before I got strep. Because of all this I couldn't ever sleep. I had to lie there acheing and hoping that morning would come so people would do stuff again. That just SOME of the horrors that I encountered. I'll spare you the rest, seeing how this post is about 4 times as long as I expected.
Baconstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconstrips View Post
I had strep throat. I always felt rreeaallllyy cold, even though I had a coat, three blankets, and all sorts of other thing to warm me up. My mom said I just felt cold, and if I did that any more, I could overheat. So I had to take off my coat and blankets and all that and I was still just as cold. I also had a REALLY bad stomachache. And, of course, the worst sore throat EVER. It felt like I was sneezing with a normal sore throat just when I was sitting around doing nothing. When ever I swallowed, I almost died. It didn't help that I had a bad runny nose, so I had to swallow contenually (It was a weird runny nose so it didn't come out my nose, it just went down my throat). And every time I sneezed, I thought I actually would have my throat literally explode. I also thought I had swallowed a match and it was burning forever inside my throat. I also threw up a lot, and every time I did, I tried to throw up way after anything came out. For some reason, avery time I tried to barf, There was an INSANE amount of presure that always built up in my face. It felt like I was being squashed under a four ton weight. My headeache was also so bad I couldn't see staight sometimes, and it was hard to hear properly for a few weeks afterward. I think I still can't hear as well as I could before I got strep. Because of all this I couldn't ever sleep. I had to lie there acheing and hoping that morning would come so people would do stuff again. That just SOME of the horrors that I encountered. I'll spare you the rest, seeing how this post is about 4 times as long as I expected.
Wow, that must have been awful. Kinda makes normal health seem almost wonderful by comparison, doesn't it?
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

There is no substitute for good health.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #12
Max
Just a FunLoving Turbo Penguin

Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

Yeah but good health is what I haven't had recently

Now you don't mess with perfection.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
varkarrus
Banned

Once, 2 years ago, I had a really bad cough that kept me from school for 3 weeks.

My parents and the pharmacist thought I had whooping cough. The doctors swabbed me, and it turned out I didn't.

Swabbing = Pain almighty in your left nostril.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Broccoli is delicious.

Anyway Ive been sick through Tues-Thur For 2 weeks straight. Ive gone Mondays and Fridays...for some reason. I'm gonna try to NOT BE SICK EVER AGAIN. Seriously. I looked at my Attendance card, there's like 55 A's On that card
Anyway one time i didn't know i was sick. I went to bed, and fell asleep. Until morning, the only memory of waking up(I FREQUENTLY wake up in the middle of the night), was to lean over and puke on my stuffed bear, my blankets, and DOWN THE SIDE OF MY BED, INTO THE UNREACHABLE CREVICE. I woke up to my mom saying "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE!" Yeah....That was a weird day.
I swear i have the worst record of staying home sick in all of Utah. Maby even America. WAIT...I'm probably not as bad as those people who stayed home for MONTHS ON END.
Also Ive had strep throat more times than i can count. lets say a basic 36+ times
Tea is awesome when you are sick.... ( ^‐^)_且 hes giving you tea. Drink it!
Um.......
I do like Broccoli.

Last edited by fourwind; 01-15-2009 at 03:46 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Quote:
Broccoli is delicious.

Anyway Ive been sick through Tues-Thur For 2 weeks straight. Ive gone Mondays and Fridays...for some reason. I'm gonna try to NOT BE SICK EVER AGAIN. Seriously. I looked at my Attendance card, there's like 55 A's On that card
*snip*
Um.......
I do like Broccoli.
Perhaps that is why you keep getting sick.

I have nothing against Broccoli though, I eat when it is available to me.... Which isn't that often really.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk

Ugh, I would've rather been sick then have the pain that was before my groin surgery
Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #17
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

I hope all the people who have been sick a lot lately get well soon. This is the time of year (in the Northern Hemisphere) for colds etc. and the worse variations thereof. I have actually been very lucky myself this year as far as colds go. But I noticed a lot of people, while I was out in public recently, on the subway etc., have colds. There is a lot of coughing.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Wesley

Quote:
Broccoli is delicious.

Anyway one time i didn't know i was sick. I went to bed, and fell asleep. Until morning, the only memory of waking up(I FREQUENTLY wake up in the middle of the night), was to lean over and puke on my stuffed bear, my blankets, and DOWN THE SIDE OF MY BED, INTO THE UNREACHABLE CREVICE. I woke up to my mom saying "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE!" Yeah....That was a weird day.
I swear i have the worst record of staying home sick in all of Utah. Maby even America. WAIT...I'm probably not as bad as those people who stayed home for MONTHS ON END.
Also Ive had strep throat more times than i can count. lets say a basic 36+ times
Tea is awesome when you are sick.... ( ^‐^)_且 hes giving you tea. Drink it!
Um.......
I do like Broccoli.
My recond of total absences was around eighty-something. (Over the course of a year) Amazingly, I managed to pull through and pass all of my courses. It took a lot of cramming. A lot.

I forgot about my regular sickness. Since around 5th grade, I'd get a horrible stomach ache and cramps that were so bad I couldn't stand up while I was effected. Four years later, (Four horrible year later) we discovered it was a bad food allergy. (Specifically wheat, which is in almost 1/3 of all food...) So, as long as I don't eat wheat, I'm not so bad. But I think all the years of bad effects hurt my stomach. I can't eat anything without getting a stomach ache now. Potato? Ache. Banana? Ache. Water? Ache. I'm serious. Unless I don't ingest anything, I always have stomach pains. They're not serious, I can attend school regularly, go outside, etc. but they are painful and annoying.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Ubernoob
Dumb Person

Did you get an ulcer or something from your allergy? Not being able to stomach water is pretty harsh.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #20
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernoob View Post
Did you get an ulcer or something from your allergy? Not being able to stomach water is pretty harsh.
Our doctor says I'm fine, but I wonder sometimes. However, this is the best I've ever been compared to how I used to be, so I'm not complaining.