Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #21
varkarrus
Banned

Default Re: Enough!

Same!

I mean, all we have to do is make sure there's no swearing, table breaking, actual spam, or rudeness. We just have to look out for this while we do our usual posts!

Last edited by varkarrus; 02-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Well, I might be one of the problems, posting a few topics every now and then, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum. But honestly, I'm really amazed at how you stuck to your job all the time. You were a very dedicated Moderator. If it means you can take a break, and relax more, then I'm all for it.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 02-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I want to be a mod too!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
Wesley

Eheh, I think people will end up regretting it if they become the TM mod. There's a lot of stuff in TM that needs to be looked over... But I think Jamul will have to choose somebody to replace Hammered, or change the way TM works. There's no way Jamul can look at all of the stuff and still work productively.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

The Next Hammered needs to be just as trustworthy and responsible as her, and that's kind of hard to find, especially on the internets where most everyone is hiding behind a computer screen. Jammy can't, after all, let just anyone have Mod Powar. I can think of maybe two or three that may be qualified for the "volunteer work," but it's not my opinion that matters. He may not even want another mod.

..Meh, it'll sort itself out, I guess.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
TyTBone
College Boi

EDIT: Note that I haven't scanned through all the posts here.

Probably a crazy idea, but maybe TM should be locked during certain times of the week, and only opened up on the weekends.

And maybe need to be forced to think more thoroughly about what they post, through making bans [not perma] easier to recieve and making sure people aren't just posting garbage, ie totally unrelated stuff that's not even words or meaningful pictures.

ON THE OTHER HAND, several people have said they love Hamumu because of TM and the goofiness it offers.

As for mods, I think SP and Atkins, as well as a couple other people, would be good for the job[s].

EDIT: And of course now that Hammered is working, she has more important things to do. But I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to talk to Jamul first before pouring out all her frustrations on everyone else.

Last edited by TyTBone; 02-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #27
Manga Chic
Here's a penny, buy a clue.

I solemnly swear I haven't been doing any form of spam in any way whatsoever.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Manga Chic

And on another note: People, this isn't a new moderator contest with Ryan Seacrest. Hammered has had it up to *climbs world's tallest ladder and holds hand above head on top rung* HERE with our meaningless spam. And unless we bring together our scrambled-up act, this forum is going to explode.
And I think this might've been the most obvious statement here, because I absolutley will not let spammers win the spam-war.
Like my custom title declares, here's a penny, buy a clue!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I don't know what I'm more sorry about; Hammered quitting, or the people who drove her to quit trying to take her job.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #30
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I totally agree with Hammered's decision. She has worked faithfully all the time I've been at Hamumu and at the very least deserves a nice, long break. Total Mayhem is turning into a pile of twisted meme composites and random sentences. I myself only visit for those small games that don't make the Mafia & Forum Games cut (like Champions)
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #31
Manga Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
I totally agree with Hammered's decision. She has worked faithfully all the time I've been at Hamumu and at the very least deserves a nice, long break. Total Mayhem is turning into a pile of twisted meme composites and random sentences. I myself only visit for those small games that don't make the Mafia & Forum Games cut (like Champions)
Not a break! She QUITS. As in, "goodbye, trash-pool that is TM!" Just pointing that out.
As I said before, we drove her out of here with our spam-stench, and we treat it like a sport.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

I wont likely be the new mod, but i shall help make TM less spammy, and more easy for the mods to get rid of threads!

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #33
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I think that it would help if there was a TAG-like system for post moderation in TM. Then, if, say 20 people, said that the topic was worthy of deletion, it would be deleted.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

Great idea. There are pretty much no problems with that, unless someone made multiple accounts, but that most likely wouldnt work that well.

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #35
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

I really highly doubt we need a new moderator, even if Hammered did this job, Jamul could easily take over. It's kind of like you guys are being mean by saying "I want that job" right after somebody quits, now is not the time for this.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #36
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

You're right, I just feel bad. I spammed.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
I really highly doubt we need a new moderator, even if Hammered did this job, Jamul could easily take over. It's kind of like you guys are being mean by saying "I want that job" right after somebody quits, now is not the time for this.
Jamul could take over, but remember, a TM mod has to read every new post in TM, all the time, and scan it thoroughly. Think about how many people post in TM all the time. Think about how much time it would take for Jamul to scan it all. Think about how much time is left for himself. Now, think about how much time is left for him to work on games. Not much, I imagine. But, I guess we'll soon see.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #38
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I think that it would help if there was a TAG-like system for post moderation in TM. Then, if, say 20 people, said that the topic was worthy of deletion, it would be deleted.
Actually... when most places use a system like that for assisting moderators, it's just one person reporting a topic that makes it be looked at... and abuse of the report feature is a serious offense (of course, fringe cases that are deliberated on then decided to be okay don't count against the reporter). If Jamul could implement that TM could almost self-moderate.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 02-13-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #39
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

But on some big company sites like club penguin, if someone randomly reports you, you get banned.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #40
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberclone42 View Post
But on some big company sites like club penguin, if someone randomly reports you, you get banned.
That's why in any intelligent site (club penguin is not a good example), the moderators actually look at the reports.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote