Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
leesoer
Less Puny Mortal

Default Question about Buying Games

I apologize if this is placed in the wrong forum.

I purchased SWC a while ago, and I am totally satisfied, it met all my expectations and more.

I am thinking of purchasing Loonyland: Halloween Hill. I noticed that when you buy games it says

"Buying is risk-free! We offer a 60-day money back guarantee, no questions asked."

Does this only apply to CD purchases? Or download to? I don't feel like buying on CD. If I don't like Loonyland, can I get my money back within 60 days on the download version?

And I'm not sure how things like this work...but why do you offer money back guarantees on download copies? Couldn't the purchaser place the game on a USB flash drive or something and return it, and when he/she gets his/her money back, play the game from the USB drive? I don't have a mind to do this, but wouldn't that be a possibility?
leesoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Re: Question about Buying Games

I don't know about the rest, but I know that the last part is called piracy, and 2 people got banned recently for trying something similar (although one of them got unbanned after he purchased the game).
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yes, that would be piracy. There's no reason to ever need the guarantee, though we do offer it, because there's a demo! Play the demo and see if you like the game!

I base my policies on best serving legitimate customers. Some big companies do the opposite - make their policies to make sure they catch everybody who wants to cheat them, which is in effect cheating legitimate customers (for example, horrible Starforce DRM and others). I'd rather offer the best that I can to paying people and hopefully find more paying people than cut every corner to prevent criminals.

I did have one person openly say they were returning a game because they had finished playing it and wanted the money back to buy the sequel, and so I explained that you have the right to return it, but *I* have the right to not accept orders from anyone I want, and I'm not going to take orders from people who've proven they are cheating me. Simple equation: I give you fun, you give me money. Fair! So anyone considering such a scam needs to realize there are lots of potential consequences, not just legal ones.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

If you buy a game, and you dont want it anymore, you can sell it for less here, if jamul doesnt give you a refund. Its legal, since you own the game, and a few people have done that.

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufo-Man View Post
If you buy a game, and you dont want it anymore, you can sell it for less here, if jamul doesnt give you a refund. Its legal, since you own the game, and a few people have done that.
No, you can't. It isn't legal- it's illegal unless you have Jamul's permission.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
No, you can't. It isn't legal- it's illegal unless you have Jamul's permission.
Actually, it's perfectly legal. If you buy a game at a store, you can sell it, same thing here. The only way it would be illegal is if you keep the copy or it's expressly said that you can't.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

It's also illegal if it tells you you aren't allowed to do that on the box for the game, or on the disc or wherever they put it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #8
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
It's also illegal if it tells you you aren't allowed to do that on the box for the game, or on the disc or wherever they put it.
That's what I meant :P In, say, the EULA for WoW, it says you can't sell your accounts.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote