Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Default "Mafia" A24: IEESTSESICOWUPSL Discussion & Reports

And now, the moment selected persons among you have been anticipating: The 24th non-annual Interactive Entertainment Experience Simulating a Township and its Struggle to Eliminate a Stereotypically Italian Criminal Organization Whilst Utilizing the Principles of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness!

*Applause*

I have determined to make the protagonists somewhat stronger due to possessing only 5 members while the antagonists number 2, which is a greater number than is typically found in events such as this.

The powers of everybody present are as follows:

Two Antagonists, a leader and an apprentice, who must decide amongst themselves one person to murder each and every night;
One Doctor, who may stand by one person during each and every night, ready use eir healing prowess to protect them from harm.
One Detective, who may utilize eir skills of logic and observation to discover the alignment of one person each and every night.
One Nexus, who may use powers of origin unknown to deflect all actions performed on em during the night, by friend or foe, towards a person of eir choice. All actions during the same night shall be redirected towards the same person.
Two ordinary civilians, who must endeavor to protect their fine township from the antagonists' plot by utilizing logic, democracy, and, above all, Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness.

*Applause*

However, before we begin, a few notes about certain peculiarities of this game:

1. Each and every day shall be split into more than just daytime and nightime. For the purposes of keeping order more easily, two additional phases representing times of twilight shall also be added. Neither of these periods are announced.
2. Dusk is the period between when the deciding vote is cast and the results of the day are announced. During that time, all players may speak, but not change their votes.
3. Dawn is the period between when all night actions have been received and read by the host and the results of the night are announced. During that time, no changes may be made to the night actions, and the host shall be responding with the privately announced results of each night action.
4. Each and every player has a unique theme name, backstory, and speech impediment, which are held in secret until their death. While I shall be lenient about subjectively judge-able speech impediments, players judged to not even be making an attempt shall be struck by lightning. Twice. In a row.
5. All players may at any time, if they so choose, claim to have particular powers (or lack thereof). Such claims, as usual, need not be truthful. However, no player may make claims about their theme name, backstory, or speech impediment.
6. Due to the presence of effectively bulletproof roles, the antagonists shall immediately be victorious if at dawn they come to have 50% or greater of the town's living population. Having 50% or greater of the population during night shall not result in an immediate loss for the protagonists if the nexus is still alive.
7. This event shall begin at night 1, which is a special night. During this night, the two ordinary civillians must also send a private confirmation that they are present and alert, so that I may know if the game can continue.

And with that, I hereby conclude the opening announcement. As soon as you have received an explanation of what role you shall play in this event, respond immediately with any applicable actions. It is now night 1.

Postscript: Oops, I seem to have forgotten the list of participants. My apologies.

CheeseLord
BryanSNK
Coolguy
Blackmyth
Regeneratorizer
Mr. Onion
Wesley
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 02-28-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Default Re: "Mafia" A24: IEESTSESICOWUPSL Discussion & Reports

For your information, all the roles have now been distributed. Please use your speech impediment in your reply to your role PM to make sure you fully understand it. If anything is unclear, just ask.
Blaaaah.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Coolguy, your PM box is full. You'll have to clear it out before I can answer your questions.
Blaaaah.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

It has been 24 hours since night started. Unfortunately, I do not have all the night messages. Specifically, I am lacking a corrected PM from Blackmyth and a PM at all from BryanSNK. I shall enforce a deadline of two more days, and then if I have replacements I shall send them the PMs. If I do not, I shall wait for a whole week until abandoning the game and allowing the next to proceed. It is still night, however, I have opened the thread so that those wishing to be replacements may post.
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 03-02-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I know that I'm a B Leaguer, but still, wouldn't it be a better idea to just skip those people than cancel your game entirely?
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Except... a mafia game with only 5 people is a very bad idea. A very bad idea.
Blaaaah.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

You could have one person be mafia every other night...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

What? Anyway, I got one of them... and the other one was the correction, so I shouldn't have too much of a problem.
Blaaaah.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberclone42 View Post
You could have one person be mafia every other night...
That sounds broken for several reasons.

But I can't say those reasons because I'm supposed to be asleep. Good Night. Zzzzzz...
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Night is over. Wesley died. It is unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyman
You are Yuki Nagato, a "Humanoid interface created by aliens." In any case, those dratted villains somehow disabled all your powers of issuing SQL statements to the universe... except statements of the form SELECT alignment FROM participants WHERE username = (You can modify this bit right here. And don't try anything, the input is sanitized.);

In other words, you're the inspector. Oh, and just so you know, you must post either in very short and simple responses or relatively verbose explanations, nothing in between. Clear enough? Good.
The first day of the Interactive Entertainment Experience Simulating a Township and its Struggle to Eliminate a Stereotypically Italian Criminal Organization Whilst Utilizing the Principles of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness shall start. Four votes are required to cause dusk.

Postscript: For those among you who may be curious: Wesley does indeed possess the ability to send you one final message before he loses his connection to the IDSE/IDTE/Whatever-you-wanna-call-it and derezzes. Sigterm can be caught, y'know.
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 03-03-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 AM   #11
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Present!

Lucky mafia kill, I guess. I blame the onion.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #12
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

You would blame the onion, since he's ALWAYS mafia.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I asked Sillyman several things last night, and found out that:

1) Doctor can't protect himself.
2) The mafia's leader doesn't have GF-powers.
3) We are allowed to mass claim!

I ask Wesley to gasp and say his inspection.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
3) We are allowed to mass claim!
We don't have a rolelist, so this doesn't help us, old boy.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

You wish that didn't help us.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

...as much as having one would, since the mafia could simply unsportingly lie about their roles.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

I presumed mass-claiming wouldn't be an issue since there are more vanilla townies+mafia than there are special roles... 4 to 3.

Postscript: If you're considering claiming your full role (theme and speech impediment), don't. Because you can't. Because to do so could very well lead to your untimely demise. I did in fact mention this in the opening announcement, but I'm repeating it here because it appears to me that Mr. Onion didn't listen to that part from the the way he talks. Coincidentally, not understanding the rules is not anyone's speech impediment.
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 03-04-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #18
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Oops, I forgot my speech impediment in my last post (Sorry!)... Anyways, Bodzhas beat Gorkas, we should compare clocks, there should be 5,000 more RPGs, and Onion is indeed a mafia, as he always is, every time.

We have a roles list, onion! It's in the first post... The roles are 2 Mafia, 2 Vanillas, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 1 Nexus.

Also, we're at lynch-or-lose... 2 mafia and 4 townies. We really need to hear Wesley's inspection. I don't think he's reading the topic any more now that he'd died, or he'd have gasped by now. *Pokes Wesley*

Last edited by Coolguy; 03-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #19
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Coolguy came up as town.

Sanity verification of self is unknown.

Your only cop is dead. Goodbye.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I'm going to VOTE: No Lynch... We lose if we try and fail to lynch today. Even if we vote No Lynch today and then the mafia get a kill, we'll still be at lynch-or-lose (3 town versus 2 mafia). I don't think we're going to go anywhere today.

Although I do ask the Doc to protect me. Every proven townie is important at lynch-or-lose! (Yes, I know that sounds ridiculously egotistic)