Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Default Mafia A27/B19: Loonyland Halloween Hill Mafia

LOONYLAND: HALLOWEEN HILL MAFIA

Welcome to Luniton!

A few years ago, Bonkula and the rest of the Elder Vampires built an machine known as the Evilizer. The machine plagued the land by causing the local wildlife to act violently. A young boy named Loony fought the monsters and destroyed the vampires' creation. Then the land was peaceful again. Well, as peaceful as it gets in Halloween Hill, anyway. Loony wandered off, saying he was looking for a greater evil to vanquish.

But now, violence has erupted again in Halloween Hill. Vandalizing, burglarizing, terrorizing... The town of Zombiton been hurt most by the crime wave, so the mayor of Zombiton has urged everyone to evacuate to Luniton. Then all they need to do is wait the criminals are thrown in jail! There's no way this could go wrong!

---

You wake up to a scream coming from outside. You rush out of your house to find what the trouble is. It doesn't take long to the mayor's body lying in middle of the town. You find a note in his pocket...

"Dear Luniton,

We're taking over. The mayor was so nice, mistakenly putting all of you in one big pen. We've claimed that empty town for ourselves, since you're trapped here. The big boss to we'd like to make sure there are no runaways, though. Don't expect that punk with the pink hair or those ridiculous bunnies to save you.

-The Mafia"

Horror! The mafia clearly started with the mayor, and are now going to kill the rest of you and claim all of Halloween Hill! Some of other villagers are wondering if they should run away, but they soon realize that the mafia control of the rest of Halloween Hill. But soon you realize that now is not the time for retreating. The mafia, whoever they are, must be stopped from claiming the whole land! But how?

Eventually, everyone decides that the mafia may still be among them, and it would be best to root them out! But the day has got late from arguing over this. Best to take care of it in the morning.

---

NORMAL GAME RULES
1. Please use bold for your votes and unvotes. For example, Vote: Bob, Unvote.
2. Unvotes are not mandatory, but it is helpful to use them.
3. One may Vote: No Lynch, and a majority of such votes will end the day without a hanging.
4. Once the majority votes gets through, no unvotes can stop the hanging.
5. Do not post anything game-related at night.
6. If you die, do not post anything game-related. A simple "Bah! Go town/scum!" I don't mind, but keep your information to yourself. The only exception for this is anyone who gets killed on Night 1, and that person must post the last gasp before the next night.
7. Never show PMs from the me to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden. Fake PMs are also included in this.
8. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the group, and even then only do that at night.
9. Night lasts about 48 hours. Please send night choices before then or you will be considered to take no action.
10. If day drags on too long, a deadline will be imposed. If there is no majority vote before then, no hanging will occur.
11. If you are lurking, you're going to get replaced.
12. Modkilling during the day takes the place of a hanging.
13. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
14. Like everyone, I am not perfect. If I make a mistake, feel free to point it out.
15. This is a game! Have fun, don't be a jerk, etc. etc.

Here's an example Role PM (not in the game)
Quote:
You are the Mayor of Zombiton! You are very good at doing your job of maying. (That's what mayors do, you know!) You try your best to keep Zombiton safe and zombie-free. Strange, since the town is called "Zombiton". Maybe the founders were zombies. Despite being mayor, you are a Townie! You have no special abilities, except for your brain and vote. You win with the town once all the bad guys are dead and if there is at least one town member alive. Good luck, and have fun!
PLAYERS
1. blackmyth
2. bowserfan
3. BryanSNK
4. CheeseLord
Connor S.
6. drgamer

7. Hammered
8. Mr.Onion
Ninja of Frozen Milk
10. PlasmaCannonsRule
11. Sillyman
12. sonicchaos1993
13. SpaceManiac
14. tylerseeg
15. Wesley

16. . Yellow Wizard .

REPLACEMENTS (people in italics are busy)
Redbone
hyperme
magic fly
Coolguy
Lilias
Ufo-Man
cyberclone42
happystickman
Max
Hammer Up!
thegabester

chaucer
wowow
seamonkey

It is NIGHT 1! PM me your night actions or any questions you may have!

Last edited by PurpleKoopa; 06-16-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: adding replacement
PurpleKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Default Re: Mafia A27/B19: Loonyland Halloween Hill Mafia

You wake up this morning with a chill down your spine. Could the mafia have struck again?

A large block of ice lies in the center of the town. You put your face to the ice and vaguely identify... . Yellow Wizard .! He's encased in the ice cube! His face has been carved into a grave smile... which probably was to scare trick-or-treaters.

. Yellow Wizard ./Pumpkin has been frozen solid. He was a townie! He also gets a last gasp - the only one in the game!

---

ALIVE
1. blackmyth
2. bowserfan
3. BryanSNK
4. CheeseLord
Connor S.
6. drgamer

7. Hammered
8. Mr.Onion
Ninja of Frozen Milk
10. PlasmaCannonsRule
11. Sillyman
12. sonicchaos1993
13. SpaceManiac
14. tylerseeg
15. Wesley

DEAD
1. . Yellow Wizard . (frozen solid, Pumpkin/Townie)

It is Day 1! 8 votes to hang 'em high!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Unsurprisingly, someone has died!

Also unsurprisingly, there is little evidence. I await hearing from other players.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Well then, hear you shall.... but I have nothing to say.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Hammered
Nailed It!

Well, we do have exactly one piece of information. The mafia, as a group, or perhaps the godfather, as an individual, chose Yellow Wizard as their target. What we need to discuss is what the possible motivation would be for this selection. Clearly the B-League players know more about his style of play than the A-Leaguers do, so I will leave them to supply us with some discussion on this. I will simply try to describe motivations for an A-League player to have made such a decidion:
  • Someone might have a personal dislike of Yellow Wizard
  • Someone might want it to look like a B-League plot of some sort to misdirect us.
Well, that's about all I have. Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Very true. I haven't myself played against Yellow Wizard often, and can't say what his style of play was. I was thinking the same thing you said, but you said it before I could.

And of course, we must remember that the mafia is most likely comprised of both A and B-League players, so we can't predict motivations solely on what an "A-League mafia" or a "B-League" mafia would do; we have to take into account both Leagues when trying to root out the mafia.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

Random kill...probably.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Perhaps it was a random kill just to raise speculation, or something. I'm not really sure, although I found it to be a bit strange. It's not usually wise to leave an experienced player in the game, unless they're part of a plan...
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Or the mafia might be trying to get us confused by making a seemingly pointless kill in order to cause the more experienced players to start questioning their motives.

Or they might not have put any thought into it at all and simply random killed because there's no evidence on night one.

Not that I'm the mafia, I just gotta think like them in order to make a guess as to what they could have been doing.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Hopefully others will get on and we can gain some more insight into what is going on here. I think it's possible the mafia random killed, but really for any theory we come up with there's a "but that's what they want us to think" theory, so it's hard to recurse that way to discover their motives.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk

Sorry, I have about as much wisdom as a clothes hamper *SMACK* Anyway really the only motivation I can think of is random kill. Yellow isn't the best player usually.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

At this point, it just seems like a random kill. Maybe he betrayed Friend Computer?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #13
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

Or maybe because his name was at the bottom of the list...which means Wesley is next!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I am suddenly reminded of the J conspiracy...

It's good to see people are posting, but it doesn't sound likely there was much motivation in the kill, it probably was just random. However, the mafia could also be trying to get us to think they are inexperienced because they didn't kill a more experienced player.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #15
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

I apologize for being late. I didn't know the game had started yet. I'll read back through the thread and see what I missed.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
I am suddenly reminded of the J conspiracy...

It's good to see people are posting, but it doesn't sound likely there was much motivation in the kill, it probably was just random. However, the mafia could also be trying to get us to think they are inexperienced because they didn't kill a more experienced player.
I doubt this for some reason...
Old 06-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I doubt the mafia are trying to lead us to a conclusion with their first kill. That's usually saved for later, when they know who is suspicious and who they can blame for it. I don't think anyone here (aside from me) would do anything like that on night one. Most likely it was just a random kill. Of course, that leaves us with very little to go on.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I was pretty sure that wasn't happening- I was just throwing it out there to see who might pick it up. And unfortunately, CheeseLord and others are right - we have very little to go on.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

I got back from a trip I forgot to say I was on just now, and so I haven't been able to post up to this point.

Anyways, I think we're questioning the mafias motives for killing Y.W. too much and not enough on who we should lynch today- we aren't getting anywhere. Of course, we COULD always No Lynch, but frankly, it seems like a wasted day to me, and another opportunity for a mafia kill.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #20
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

Alright guys, I've picked up a pattern among all the mafia kills. All the victims have vowels in their names. Shocking, I know. It just seems so obvious now.