Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 06-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Thumbs up T&T Dungeon 6: The Great Treasure Adventure

This is a game of Tunnels and Titans! If you're wondering what that is, it's basically a turn-based game. Instructions here. Most of this post is flavor text, so skip down to the bottom of the post to the stuff in bold if you don't care.

The six wizards sat down around the long table, each holding their golden tickets. They sat in a dimly-lit room, lit by a single flickering light rune floating around near the ceiling. The walls were covered in various trinkets and trophies from around the globe; Gigantic tribal masks, ancient staffs, stone blocks from various buildings, etc. The room's two cabinets were covered in the same dust that filled the air. The room's door looked flimsy, but the mages knew that it had some of the most powerful arcane defenses known to wizardry.

A figure stepped out of the shadows and took his seat upon the giant chair at the head of the table; This was the wizards' new employer, Arch-Mage Coolguy.

Coolguy laid out the basic job description; Up to this point, the wizards had mostly been in the dark about what they would be doing, but they applied anyways because they knew this employer paid well.

"As you can see, I have an impressive collection." said Coolguy. "But it is not done! There are four final artifacts that I need in order to complete it, but I am far too busy these days to collect them myself. You will be collecting them for me, in exchange for a vast sum of money. Pick up any other artifacts you see along the way, and I'll give a little bit extra."

Coolguy then stood up and started walking down one end of the table. "I know who all of you are. I checked the records; You are all mages of skill and courage. However, you probably do not know one another, so I'll introduce you."

Coolguy stood behind the first wizard. He had pale skin and sunken eyes. He wore a long grey robe, covered in various ghostly runes. "This is Peter, a master necromancer. He was the one who sealed away Azrael the Soul-Eater under the Central Cathedral, as some of you may recall." Everybody else stared at him, wondering about what kind of person would have some crazy foreign-sounding name like 'Peter'. Their names made much more sense.

After this, Coolguy walked to the next chair. The sorceror in this chair had a robe of bright red that seemed to glow brightly in the dim room, like a lantern at midnight. He looked irritated. "This is Cheeselord, a pyromancer." Several other people gasped. "No, not THAT Cheeselord; This is the one that stopped the world from exploding."

Then Coolguy walked to the third chair. The room seemed even darker around that chair; the light couldn't penetrate that area of the room. There was a figure within the shadows. "This is Gameboy, an umbromancer. He's not in the records, but I chose to bring him because I'm intrigued to see an umbromancer again. I haven't seen one in years."

The fourth chair had a wizard in a bright green cloak. The dark wooden table seemed to be brighter near him as if coming back to life, and a couple small sprouts were appearing. The wizard looked much younger than anybody else in the room, but considering his type of magic, this came as no surprise. "This is Hammer Up, the biomancy professor of Fordox College of the Arcane. He won a Lebon Prize for his work in growing war ents."

The fifth chair had an aqua-cloaked mage. This wizard had several sparkling crystals orbiting him. His feet were constantly shrouded within a cold mist. "This cryomancer's name is PurpleKoopa. He single-handedly stopped global warming and saved the world repeatedly from that evil plumber."

Finally, Coolguy stopped in front of a sixth chair. This final mage was wearing blue. Rings of water flowed in circles around him, some of which had colorful fish. The air around this mage was filled with the smell of salty seas and sandy beaches. He wore three rings of blue metal, each with a different carving; One carved like a shark, another carved like a crab, and the final like an octopus. "This is SpaceManiac, a hydromancer. He is a diplomat who works at the embassy of International Waters, keeping the merfolk from going to war with us."

"You all have incredible skills and powers, and I have judged that all of you are ready to take on the terrors that the ancient world has left to guard their treasures. But if any of you back out, I'll be able to get a new wizard to finish the job."

"Now, you may pick the first temple to raid. The fourth and final temple will be left for later, after you are more experienced, for I fear that this temple has the most powerful forces within it."

The game begins! You all must decide on a temple to raid first! Everybody just post the one they want to visit first and I'll go with whatever gets the most votes- In the event of a tie, I'll pick randomly. They will all be scaled to your power-level once you reach them, so don't worry about trying to figure out which temple is the "easy" temple.

The three starting temples are:

-The Great Temple of the Gods in Zungal, where the Crystal Skull is hidden
-The Ancient Ruins of Yort, where the Palladium is hidden
-The Abandoned Mansion of the Hawker Family, where the Necronomicon is hidden

The player cards aren't ready yet, but you're all super-weak right now. You'll have to find spellbooks in order to get true power!

By the way, the deadline for this entire game is September 28th.

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-28-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Default Re: T&T Dungeon 6: The Great Treasure Adventure

Temple of the gods!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
peter
evil alian with a lazer

abandoned mansion!I want a necronomicron!

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!

Last edited by peter; 06-28-2009 at 04:13 PM.
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Yort has a fun-sounding name.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Quote:
He single-handedly stopped global warming and saved the world repeatedly from that evil plumber.
Yes, I'm glad we kept that annoying brat of a princess locked up in the castle and that we executed every one of those annoying mushroom people. "Princess is in another castle..." Don't you think I already knew that?!

I vote for the Temple of the Gods!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
gameboy
Dumb Person

I vote for Hawker's mansion, that one's the darkest sounding!

Imagine a better world, a world where I might actually be able to think of a decent signature... Oh well!
gameboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I suppose for the sake of moving the game along, I'll vote for the mansion.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Coolguy
Couch Potato

First dungeon wing:
THE HAWKER MANSION

Coolguy walked over to one of the ancient cabinets. With a loud CREEEEK, he pulled open one of the drawers. A cloud of dust filled the room, and after a short fit of coughing, Coolguy managed to dig out a folder, emblazoned with a picture of a two-headed hawk.

"You've made an interesting choice; That house dates back three centuries to the time of the Empire. The mansion originally belonged to Winston Hawker, a governor of one of the Zungal colonies, and acted as the home of the Hawker family, with each generation taking over the rule of the colony. However, strange things started happening once Nathaniel Hawker, the house's final owner, inherited the building. Mr. Hawker was a recluse; He never left the mansion, and barely did his job as governor. Tragedy had been striking the colony with recent plagues and famines, and the unresponsive government made the problem worse. People began disappearing and undead began to wander the region."

Coolguy flipped through the folder and found another page.

"There were rumors of evil pacts and rituals happening in the building. Ghostly images had been seen within the mansion's windows and the jungle for miles around the house slowly died. This colony happened to be one of the first to revolt... However, they could never find the governor. Whenever a group of revolutionaries broke in to assassinate Nathaniel Hawker or force him to sign an independence treaty, they vanished, never to be seen again... At least, not seen again as living beings."

"The necronomicon is an ancient spellbook, particularly about the summoning and controlling of the soul-eating entities of the afterlife, the ectovores... or devils and demons as most religions refer to them. I have found evidence that Governor Hawker purchased the book from a private collector during his youth. It is probably still in the building, locked away somewhere, and I need you to collect it for me. But beware... The curse on the land did not end with Nathaniel's disappearance. The region is still infested with undead, which is why I will be sending you in via airship.

"But how to communicate with you? Hmmm... Oh, yes, I have a shell phone around here somewhere..."

Coolguy walked to the other cabinet and tugged open a drawer. He pulled out two identical shells. He gave them SpaceManiac and asked him to enchant them. SpaceManiac, as a hydromancer, had casted this spell many times in the past; With a flash of blue symbols and images, the two shells started to hum and become magical.

"We can speak to each other through these shells. Now, you must go!" He said.

Coolguy then started to dig out wizard records (such as their cards), but then his watch started flashing in various colors. "Arg, I have to go!" He said. "Wait here- I'll be able to give you something other than flavor text when I'm back."

And with that, Coolguy ran out of the room, too busy to make the adventure go any further. At least you get flavor text.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
peter
evil alian with a lazer

faaaastinating

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Room description: The Cemetary

The airship landed in front of the Hawker mansion. The immense building was imposing; Ghostly forms seemed to appear within the windows. A bolt of lightning struck the mansion's skull-shaped weather-vane.

You begin in the mansion's front yard, which seems to double as a cemetary. Dozens of ancient gravestones surround you, each labelled with a different name of a dead Hawker. Several graves have been openned. Up ahead, you see the mansion's front door with a pink welcome mat in front of it.

You are all currently exploring, in order to find special spellbooks, which you use to upgrade your stats. I'll be uploading your initial cards soon; Cards will be updated at the beginning of each battle.

In this game, spellbooks only give you moves and passives (no upgrades), as well as minor stat benefits; However, you can swap between all the moves and passives that you chose whenever you want (but not during battles), so you can change your character if you think the next battle will be a horde of small monsters, or a single boss monster, etc.

Each region has 24 spellbooks! However, each player has a spellbook limit of 5 books a region. After that, any spellbooks you find will be given to somebody else - Usually whoever helped the second most. There is also a special epic treasure in each region, in addition to the normal one- Whoever finds an epic treasure gets to make a custom move for their character. There's some rules about making custom moves, but you'll find those out if one of you finds the epic treasure.

Unlike previous games, you will have access to this dungeon's map from the beginning, and I'll link to room descriptions so that nobody has to go searching through the thread to read about previous rooms. If all spellbooks/important items/epic treasures/secret exits in a room are found, I'll change its color to green, so that you know that the room is cleared and you don't need to go there anymore. This should make exploring much easier.

There is a deadline for exploration! If I lose internet access for any reason, I'll change the deadline. You have until July 14th to explore as much as possible!

Dungeon Map:
- - - - - - - - - - -(???????)
(???????) (???????) (???????) (???????) (???????)
- - - - - - - - - - -(Cemetary)

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-30-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I check the names on all the headstones. One of them probably holds a clue. Also, I check under the welcome mat. If nothing else, there's probably a key there.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I examine the doorknob and woodwork of the door as well as any windows.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

I look into the open graves.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I can enter the mansion?If I can,I go in.

Last edited by Hammer Up!; 06-30-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Hammer Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKoopa View Post
I look into the open graves.
I was gonna say that

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Cheeselord checks under the welcome mat to find a key. Apparently, Mr. Hawker wasn't very good at hiding his spare keys.

There's so many gravestones that CL gets sick of reading names. Maybe you should try getting the name first and THEN looking? And no, you do not find a grave for Nathaniel Hawker.

PurpleKoopa checks out various open graves, but finds nothing in them but broken coffins.

SpaceManiac stares at the doorknob. He tries it, but it's locked. Then he goes to the windows, all of which are boarded up. Of course, as a hydromancer, he could probably turn into crab-form and rip the boards off the windows to get in, but... Erm... You wizards are conserving your magic. Yeeeaaaah.

Hammer Up walks into the door and bumps his head.

Cheeselord walks up to the door, drags the unconscious Hammer Up out of the way, and opens the door with the key, revealing the entrance hall! On the way in, he stubs his toe on a book left lying around- Hey, it's a spellbook! Cheeselord found his first spellbook! I will be doing spellbook stuff at the end of this dungeon wing; You all currently have 1 spellbook that you brought along on the adventure, and CL has an additional book.

THE ENTRANCE HALL

You enter a huge chamber; It's so big that it takes up two spaces on the map!

The immense room has two giant staircases at the far end, curving upwards to the second level. However, both staircases look far too frail and rotten; it wouldn't be safe to climb them. It seems that you are only exploring the first floor of the house on this adventure!

The floor also looks rotten and frail. You try stamping on it a few times, but it doesn't give anywhere, so you assume that it is safe.

At the room's center, there are three statues of what looks like skeletal angels. Each one holds a gem before it; One red, one blue, and one green.

Above you, a huge chandelier of glass skulls swings side-to-side. Its long chain looks rusty; It wouldn't be a good idea to stand under it. This house really needs to be tuned up a bit.

There are four doors leading out of here; Two to the east and two to the west. There is also the door to the south that you came out of. Finally, there's a HUGE GIGANTIC DOOR to the north with lots of scary ghostly runes and symbols all over it. It has two locks floating in mid-air in front of it; You must find the keys needed to unseal this door.

Dungeon Map:
- - - - - - - - - - -(???????)
(???????) (???????) (Entrance) (???????) (???????)
(???????) (???????) (Entrance) (???????) (???????)
- - - - - - - - - - -(Cemetary)

Spellbook Tally:
CheeseLord: 2 books
Everybody else: 1 book

(Note that six books is the maximum per person! Normally it's 5, but everybody got an initial spellbook to start out with)

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-30-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I use hydromancer powers to poke each of the gems without being anywhere near them, hopefully avoiding any traps.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
Coolguy
Couch Potato

SpaceManiac summons his staff from the plane of water in a flash of blue light! Water cascades out of several cracks in reality and bubbles fill the air as SpaceManiac activates his magic! Water appears from the tip of his staff and swirls around him at incredible speed. He points his staff at the statues... And then remembers that he wants to conserve his magic! Yeeeeaaaah... Again...

(No, you don't get to use your magic while exploring for some reason because that would make everything too easy. You have to find items!)

SpaceManiac walks up to a gem and pokes it with his staff. It flashes a bright light, and there is a pleasant humming sound. Then he pokes another. There is a BEEEEP, and the humming stops. Bah.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #19
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

There must be a combination for touching these gems...I look for one and if i don't find it,I just try until i get it right.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #20
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I poke red, blue, green.