Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017
Old 10-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Game Idea Thread

I know another thread like this was posted at some point, but I can't be bothered to find and bump it. Basically, post innovative game ideas here. Meaning not ideas that have already been done.

Anyhow, my idea is that there are 2 teams. One is a small family that has recently moved into a house. The other team is a handful of malevolent spirits that haunt the house. The family has to buy items, perform rituals, and survive curses in order to purge the spirits from the house, while the spirits have to either open an otherworldy portal, kill the family, or drive the family insane.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
LRT
Banned

Default Re: Game Idea Thread

This is an MMO: Politics online! When you join, you can choose to join a party, or attempt to found your own. Then you need to make speeches, mudsling at opponents, etc. All to win an election! The voting is done based on various factors, including number of members of your party, quality of your speeches, and any scandals the opponents may have made up. The incumbents get extra money for next election and an increased risk of scandals, just like real life!
LRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Its a game called wurlds.
Its an MMO, where you go through these floating worlds in a huge universe. Every world has multiple goals, and side quests.
Such as in a paradise world, you find out that there is a secret cave, so you talk to people looking for clues as to where the key is.
Once you find it, after doing quests, collecting items, leveling up, and fighting enemys, you find a chest, open it, and its got something awesome in it, that allows you to go to new wurlds. To get from wurld to wurld, you can hop on a flying ship, tell the driver a destination, or get a solar board, and glide through open space, flying to wurlds. If you can't access a part of the universe yet, you'll see dark clouds.
Its an MMO, cause theres tons of other people playing too. you can get laser guns and attatch them to your board, to have dog fights in space (Cool) and you can also raid wurlds and attack everyone and everything (also cool)

So yeah.

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
Lord Loony
Not Your Average Ruler

Space Time Continuem-
An MMO where you are the captain of a space fleet. You can choose a variety of ships, motherships, and mercenaries from all over the solar system to join your fleet. The higher level you get, the more room you get for more ships, and you can get more powerful ships for your fleet. You can find uninhabited planets, or take over other players' planets-or, you can even blow up the planet if you feel like it! You can ally with other space fleets and engage in a giant battle. You can declare war on another planet, too. You will be given quests from locals about an evil space lord trying to take over the galaxy with his evil mind drones. There are also numerous side-quests. The game is updated monthly with new ships, quests, and other stuff. It's a never-ending adventure, which is why it is given this name.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

The Darkness: Technically its a game where you play a guy who gets lost in the woods one night. The entire game is a single level, that is SUPERBLY long. You go through and collect firefly's. You can Then throw these at the Night creatures to ward them of (You can't kill them). If you collect enough firefly's you start to glow. This will allow you to Ward of smaller creatures. The HUD consists of a Blood meter, and a Firefly jar. Thats it. The Firefly jar, gets full of firefly's as you collect them. Below the jar is a number indicating how many you have, and a ranking of your light.
From least to greatest: Dark, Slightly Dark, Dim, Slightly Bright, Bright.
Every 100 firefly's you collect you gain a rank up in light. But you can rank down from firing too many firefly's. Anyway the point is, These Creatures attack you. Heres a couple examples:
Harpys: Small Bird type creatures. They Attack you doing minimal damage. Must be in complete darkness.
Hounds: Pounce at you and Bite at your neck. They can quickly reduce your blood level, and leave you bleeding for a short period of time. Afraid of dim light.
Daemon: A huge devil type creature who commands the rest. He is not afraid of Light, but always travel with other creatures (Until the end). When his creatures are killed, he runs off. You meet him 5 times throughout the game, the fifth time being the last (When you destroy him and win).

Its kinda weird. Your blood Can go up by Injecting Yourself with Artifical Plasma you find laying in crates (Dropped by a Science team fleeing the area), But if you lose it all you die. If your damaged by Enemys with rending powers (Hounds for example), You Bleed for a certain amount of time, leaving trails that some creatures can track.

You gotta get to the end of the woods without dying. There are Lamp posts where you are safe, and you can save your game.

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Megadog
The Demagogue

A large game, where you start on an island with nothing, and must evolve all the way to the end of the game. You can make anything, but must have evolved to that stage first (eg. can't make a helicopter till you make electricity.)
Old 01-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
A large game, where you start on an island with nothing, and must evolve all the way to the end of the game. You can make anything, but must have evolved to that stage first (eg. can't make a helicopter till you make electricity.)
So basically Mega-Spore?

Last edited by happystickman; 01-01-2010 at 08:04 PM.
happystickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by happystickman View Post
So basically Mega-Spore?
Spore wasn't even close to being the first game to use the principal of evolution or anything of the sort. There was even a game for the SNES called "E.V.O: Search for Eden" which is basically Spore, but better in my opinion. There are also tons of RPGs and civilization type games that you need to invent stuff before inventing other stuff.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
There are also tons of RPGs and civilization type games that you need to invent stuff before inventing other stuff.
indeed, actually, pretty much every RTS game in existence has something of the sort, i believe it's called a Tech Tree.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #10
Megadog
The Demagogue

Yeah, but in RTS games, you start with SOMETHING. This you start with NOTHING.

But I guess your right. Darn.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #11
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
Spore wasn't even close to being the first game to use the principal of evolution or anything of the sort. There was even a game for the SNES called "E.V.O: Search for Eden" which is basically Spore, but better in my opinion. There are also tons of RPGs and civilization type games that you need to invent stuff before inventing other stuff.
I know, but the idea of starting with NOTHING made me think Spore.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
Reecer6
Katamari Damacy yay!

Here's an idea: Use cars to destroy buildings! Who hasn't wanted to topple a skyscraper by ramming a sports car into it? This game will fulfill that dream. You can even drive off a ramp into a level of the building, and get out there! It would be so awesome!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwind View Post
The Darkness: Technically its a game where you play a guy who gets lost in the woods one night. The entire game is a single level, that is SUPERBLY long. You go through and collect firefly's. You can Then throw these at the Night creatures to ward them of (You can't kill them). If you collect enough firefly's you start to glow. This will allow you to Ward of smaller creatures. The HUD consists of a Blood meter, and a Firefly jar. Thats it. The Firefly jar, gets full of firefly's as you collect them. Below the jar is a number indicating how many you have, and a ranking of your light.
From least to greatest: Dark, Slightly Dark, Dim, Slightly Bright, Bright.
Every 100 firefly's you collect you gain a rank up in light. But you can rank down from firing too many firefly's. Anyway the point is, These Creatures attack you. Heres a couple examples:
Harpys: Small Bird type creatures. They Attack you doing minimal damage. Must be in complete darkness.
Hounds: Pounce at you and Bite at your neck. They can quickly reduce your blood level, and leave you bleeding for a short period of time. Afraid of dim light.
Daemon: A huge devil type creature who commands the rest. He is not afraid of Light, but always travel with other creatures (Until the end). When his creatures are killed, he runs off. You meet him 5 times throughout the game, the fifth time being the last (When you destroy him and win).

Its kinda weird. Your blood Can go up by Injecting Yourself with Artifical Plasma you find laying in crates (Dropped by a Science team fleeing the area), But if you lose it all you die. If your damaged by Enemys with rending powers (Hounds for example), You Bleed for a certain amount of time, leaving trails that some creatures can track.

You gotta get to the end of the woods without dying. There are Lamp posts where you are safe, and you can save your game.
wow...fourwind,I worship your game ideas,like the one on that other thread(please expand on that).make nore ideas pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssse?

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #14
Megadog
The Demagogue

a game where you have any Lego block ever used, and you build stuff, and then make it move. like scribblenauts it would be hard to limit, but the setting could be inside a small child's room, with a massive box of Lego on the other end. Of course, you wouldn't call it Lego, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Megadog; 01-03-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
happystickman
Back From the Dead

A super realistic, physics based, 3-D demolition game. You have a bunch of different weapon like explosive charges, rockets, grenades, the like, and you pick a building out of a menu and blow it up. SUPER REALISTICALLY.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
Megadog
The Demagogue

Does anyone mind if I use some of these game ideas? I'm trying to sell enough games to get money for my own computer.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
LRT
Banned

If your coding ability is good enough, I give you permission to make Politics Online. Just please put mention of my name somewhere so it doesn't seem like an ideasteal.
LRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
thingie
Master of all Darkfire

i has A Huge Document full of ideas witch no one can use

this is not a sig, it is a song.

Last edited by thingie; 01-05-2010 at 02:02 PM.
thingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #19
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingie View Post
i has A Huge Document full of ideas witch no one can use
please tell me!

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
Reecer6
Katamari Damacy yay!

You can make Car vs. Building, but have billboards with my name on them and credit to me on the main menu, Okay?

also, happystickman, you stole my idea but replaced cars with weapons!