Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Reposting the rules:

Rules:
1. Day lasts until somebody is lynched. If day is taking to long, I reserve the right to enforce a deadline of 72 hours (3 days) from the start of the deadline.
2. Night lasts for approximately 48 hours (2 days). Any PMs recieved after this deadline will not count.
3. Each night, EVERY player needs to send me a PM telling me which village they would like to travel to. The game will begin with two villages available to travel to, and more villages will be open to travel to as the game progresses. If no PM is recived, they will be moved to a random village.
4. At the start of each day, a random event will occur. This event can be either positive or negative and will affect all players in a certain village.
5. At the start of each night, the dark cloud will expand. Such expansion of dark power is dangerous, and it is possible that a lurker may not survive. This can be countered by NOT LURKING.
6. If the heroes/town succeed in lynching all the Dark Lord's minions/mafia, the game will end and the heroes will win the game. If the Dark Lord's minions manage to eliminate enough heroes to the point that victory for the heroes is impossible, the Dark Lord's minions shall be the victor.
7. Posting or quoting from your role PM will result in death, and you will not recieve a last gasp if this occurs.
8. Posting at night or after you are dead can harm your team. If you think that there is an error, PM me. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Player List:
Elmikkino
seamonkey
Julian
darkguyhades
PlasmaCannonsRule
texasjoshua
SpaceManiac
thingie
BunnyBot 5000
Hammer Up!
bemyally
Felixrain
Gigacat
Ufo-Man
. Yellow Wizard .
Megadog

Currently, players may travel to either Foresa or Fielrod villages. EVERY PLAYER MUST PM ME TELLING ME WHICH VILLAGE TO GO TO.

PMs will be sent out shortly.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 05-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Oh, and it is currenly night.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

GOOD MORNING, CITIZENS OF ALATHAGIA!

The heroes assemble, and find that Julian is missing. They rush to his house to find the front door smashed open, and Julian dead on the floor. The mages in the group notice an intense shadowy presence, as if shadow magic has been recently been used here.

Julian has been killed! He was Lily, the Ice Mage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian's Role PM
You are Lily! You trained at the School of Magic, and are quite adept at Ice magic. Once each night, you may freeze one player. That player will not be able to use any powers that night. You win with the town.

Please reply to this PM and specify whether you want to travel to Foresa or Fielrod.
It is now Day 1. Don't make me use that deadline.

15 players, 8 to lynch (or not).

Remaining Heroes (and Villians):
Elmikkino
seamonkey
darkguyhades
PlasmaCannonsRule
texasjoshua
SpaceManiac
thingie
BunnyBot 5000
Hammer Up!
bemyally
Felixrain
Gigacat
Ufo-Man
. Yellow Wizard .
Megadog

Dead Heroes/Villians (Blue=Hero, Red=Villian)
Julian/Lily (Shadow'd Night 0)
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
seamonkey
spoon eater
 
seamonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the question is where are you?
Posts: 1,616
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Noooo, a semi special killed ( well he was a special, but probably wouldn't of helped us much) anyway...

EDIT with his special that is...
__________________
French fry Kremlin the morose nucleotides!-Jamul
There is no fifth amendment in mafia games - you don't have a right to be silent!- hammered
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly

Last edited by seamonkey; 05-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater
 
. Yellow Wizard .'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHIZ
Posts: 259
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Vote: No Lynch because we don't have any evidence.
Then again, the mafia get a free kill...
Arg, i'm having a conflict here.
__________________
no
CHIZ
. Yellow Wizard . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal
 
darkguyhades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 709
Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by . Yellow Wizard . View Post
Vote: No Lynch because we don't have any evidence.
Then again, the mafia get a free kill...
Arg, i'm having a conflict here.
Wait, what? You don't start day 1 by calling for a no-lynch. And lack of evidence is why we shouldn't no-lynch. If we no-lynch we gather no evidence and kill a townie at the same time.
__________________
darkguyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater
 
. Yellow Wizard .'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHIZ
Posts: 259
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Sorry, i'm new to mafia. I'm inexpirenced.
Unvote
__________________
no
CHIZ
. Yellow Wizard . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Good morning all. I have no real evidence but suggest anyone who might, speak up.
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Julian
Is a ninja
 
Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: http://www.nationstates.net/dordinal
Posts: 3,077
Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Darnit, I was looking forward to this game, too! Anyway, I have nothing to say. I do have a tip though, don't edit your posts! Treat this like chat mafia or real-life mafia, you can't take back what you say. Als-
BLARGHDIES
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Also, Julian has been added to the replacement list, which is currenlty empty, so if somebody needs to be replaced, he'll be put back in.

Replacements:
Julian

I'd also like to correct an error in rule 4-- the random event will only effect one random player in that particular village, not all of them.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
seamonkey
spoon eater
 
seamonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the question is where are you?
Posts: 1,616
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Darnit, I was looking forward to this game, too! Anyway, I have nothing to say. I do have a tip though, don't edit your posts! Treat this like chat mafia or real-life mafia, you can't take back what you say. Als-
BLARGHDIES
I don't ususally, but if you notice it was about 15 seconds afterwards that I editied it soo... I dunno if this particular edit was that bad. in addition I didn't delete something.
__________________
French fry Kremlin the morose nucleotides!-Jamul
There is no fifth amendment in mafia games - you don't have a right to be silent!- hammered
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Good mornig, i will random vote: Felixrain

Have a good day!
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
Felixrain
has transformed!
 
Felixrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Posts: 736
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigacat View Post
Good mornig, i will random vote: Felixrain

Have a good day!
This may be my first game, but I don`t think random voting will do anything for the town. It will just get townie upon townie killed, letting the mafia kill, kill and kill until the town lose. THAT`S NOT WHAT WE WANT, IS IT? Look at political mafia. Random voting made the town lose. Do we want the town to lose? Of course not! Because i know that I am a plain vanilla townie. And until you unvote me, I will Vote: Gigacat.
__________________
Tropical Trouble - 100%! Hooray!!!
Quote:
If anyone does a starting akin, accomplish it about also-ran. He is the absurd adventure bold's capital appearance (usually)!
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #14
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixrain View Post
This may be my first game, but I don`t think random voting will do anything for the town. It will just get townie upon townie killed, letting the mafia kill, kill and kill until the town lose. THAT`S NOT WHAT WE WANT, IS IT? Look at political mafia. Random voting made the town lose. Do we want the town to lose? Of course not! Because i know that I am a plain vanilla townie. And until you unvote me, I will Vote: Gigacat.
This is also my first game, but a commen mafia tactic is ramdom voting;

Also, it is more suspicious to bandwagon a ramdom vote than actual random voting http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21259
as you can see, Megadog bandwagoned a ramdom vote, and so, got lynched.

Also "Random voting made the town lose"
No, bandwagoning made the town lose.
If you dont know yet, someone needs a majority to die.
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #15
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

oh yeah, Random voting is used to get info out of someone, thats the tactic part of it.
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #16
Felixrain
has transformed!
 
Felixrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Posts: 736
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigacat View Post
This is also my first game, but a commen mafia tactic is ramdom voting;

Also, it is more suspicious to bandwagon a ramdom vote than actual random voting http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21259
as you can see, Megadog bandwagoned a ramdom vote, and so, got lynched.

Also "Random voting made the town lose"
No, bandwagoning made the town lose.
If you dont know yet, someone needs a majority to die.
Which is exactly what you are doing! You said it yourself, look:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigacat View Post
Good mornig, i will random vote: Felixrain

Have a good day!
So in that case, you must be mafia according to your own theory!
__________________
Tropical Trouble - 100%! Hooray!!!
Quote:
If anyone does a starting akin, accomplish it about also-ran. He is the absurd adventure bold's capital appearance (usually)!
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 AM   #17
bemyally
Dumb Person
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ze toilet
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to bemyally
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Morning all,

No particular reason, but I don't like such a quick unvote. All he needed was one person to point out that it would be advantageous to mafia and he changed his mind. I will note that no one else seems to have noticed his behaviour. Though it could merely be a noob tell, better safe than sorry is what they always say.
I may also add that Yellow Wizard has posted 72 times in the past. I'm fairly certain he may have played at least another mafia game before, so should know the consequences of his actions.

Vote Yellow Wizard.
Mod, is it also possible to get a map of the country?
bemyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #18
bemyally
Dumb Person
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ze toilet
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to bemyally
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Felixrain, though RVS may result in townies lynching other townies, it is better than not lynching at all. If you don't lynch on the first day, you are giving mafia a significant advantage in kills. If you were thinking from a town point of view, you would be all for RVS. Anyone who thinks otherwise could well be scum.

FoS Felixrain
bemyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 AM   #19
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal
 
darkguyhades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 709
Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixrain View Post
This may be my first game, but I don`t think random voting will do anything for the town. It will just get townie upon townie killed, letting the mafia kill, kill and kill until the town lose. THAT`S NOT WHAT WE WANT, IS IT? Look at political mafia. Random voting made the town lose. Do we want the town to lose? Of course not! Because i know that I am a plain vanilla townie. And until you unvote me, I will Vote: Gigacat.
The idea behind random voting isn't necessarily to randomly lynch someone but to get information about how people react to the voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemyally View Post
Morning all,

No particular reason, but I don't like such a quick unvote. All he needed was one person to point out that it would be advantageous to mafia and he changed his mind. I will note that no one else seems to have noticed his behaviour. Though it could merely be a noob tell, better safe than sorry is what they always say.
I may also add that Yellow Wizard has posted 72 times in the past. I'm fairly certain he may have played at least another mafia game before, so should know the consequences of his actions.

Vote Yellow Wizard.
Mod, is it also possible to get a map of the country?
This isn't a mafia forum, not all posts are in a mafia game. As strange as his actions were, I do believe this is his first game, and it may have been an honest mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemyally View Post
Felixrain, though RVS may result in townies lynching other townies, it is better than not lynching at all. If you don't lynch on the first day, you are giving mafia a significant advantage in kills. If you were thinking from a town point of view, you would be all for RVS. Anyone who thinks otherwise could well be scum.

FoS Felixrain
If you look at the odds of lynching a townie in a random vote vs. the odds of lynching a mafia, it actually helps the mafia. The only real advantage a day 1 random lynch provides is information on how people react to it, which could help you find out the mafia more easily. Also, what does "FoS Felixrain" mean?
__________________
darkguyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #20
thingie
Master of all Darkfire
 
thingie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Internet.
Posts: 183
Default Re: Mafia Game 3- The Amulet of Mana Mafia

i shall Random Vote: no Lynch...
__________________

this is not a sig, it is a song.
thingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amulet Mafia 2.0! Gigacat Mafia & Forum Games 53 10-02-2013 08:11 AM
Mafia 27: Amulet Mafia Gigacat Mafia & Forum Games 141 06-17-2013 08:44 PM
Mafia Game 3: The Amulet of Mana Mafia--Signups sonicchaos1993 Mafia & Forum Games 34 05-11-2010 02:39 PM
Contest: The Amulet of Mana sonicchaos1993 Costume Party 1 08-16-2009 09:57 AM
The Amulet of Mana sonicchaos1993 Making Dumb Games 0 01-18-2009 11:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.