Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Non-Hamumu Games

Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Default Ten reasons not to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii

1) All castles are frustrating. In the previous mario games, you did not have to restart each castle 10 times.
2) Underwater levels: Why, WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE UNDERWATER LEVELS IN EVERY MARIO GAME? They slow you down, they have annoying enemies, especially that squid that pops at you, and they are NOT FUN
3) You cannot keep yoshi. When you finish a level, yoshi greets you off and you continue without him. Why even have him in the game if you cannot enjoy him?
4) Ghost houses are ruined. Where are the good old tricky Super Mario World ghost houses? In Super mario world. Get Super mario world instead, it is much better.
5) Those monsters on the overworld that wander around. You cannot avoid them, they will always jump at you. Even if you beat them, after some levels they will come back. You cannot go back to world 1, get the propeller mario you needed, and go back to play that one hard level where he would help you out a lot, those idiots will jump at you and make you lose it.
6) Hint movies: Why aren't they all available so that you can choose which to buy? Why do they have to randomly become available whenever they want?
7) Lakitus. They should not exist. Levels that have them are horrible. You get a power up, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You almost reach the end of the level, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You are small, a spiny kills you.
8 ) System Update Required. Seriously? Nintendo has taken it too far. In order to prevent homebrew software from running, they require you to update the menu before being able to play the game. WHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO UPDATE IT? YOU GET NO WARNING BEFORE YOU BUY THE GAME! If someone wants to hack his wii and put homebrew channels, Let him do it. They are going to figure a way around your updates anyway. You are just torturing us normal players
9) Buy something else, the game is expensive, and annoying. You could buy something useful, or a good game instead.
10) Because I do not reccomend it. AT ALL.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Default Re: Ten reasons not to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
1) All castles are frustrating. In the previous mario games, you did not have to restart each castle 10 times.
2) Underwater levels: Why, WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE UNDERWATER LEVELS IN EVERY MARIO GAME? They slow you down, they have annoying enemies, especially that squid that pops at you, and they are NOT FUN
3) You cannot keep yoshi. When you finish a level, yoshi greets you off and you continue without him. Why even have him in the game if you cannot enjoy him?
4) Ghost houses are ruined. Where are the good old tricky Super Mario World ghost houses? In Super mario world. Get Super mario world instead, it is much better.
5) Those monsters on the overworld that wander around. You cannot avoid them, they will always jump at you. Even if you beat them, after some levels they will come back. You cannot go back to world 1, get the propeller mario you needed, and go back to play that one hard level where he would help you out a lot, those idiots will jump at you and make you lose it.
6) Hint movies: Why aren't they all available so that you can choose which to buy? Why do they have to randomly become available whenever they want?
7) Lakitus. They should not exist. Levels that have them are horrible. You get a power up, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You almost reach the end of the level, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You are small, a spiny kills you.
8 ) System Update Required. Seriously? Nintendo has taken it too far. In order to prevent homebrew software from running, they require you to update the menu before being able to play the game. WHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO UPDATE IT? YOU GET NO WARNING BEFORE YOU BUY THE GAME! If someone wants to hack his wii and put homebrew channels, Let him do it. They are going to figure a way around your updates anyway. You are just torturing us normal players
9) Buy something else, the game is expensive, and annoying. You could buy something useful, or a good game instead.
I knew it! This proves that New Super Mario Bros Wii is even worse than the first one. And the first one was horrible.
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixrain View Post
I knew it! This proves that New Super Mario Bros Wii is even worse than the first one. And the first one was horrible.
A lot worse, it annoyed me since the first hour of gameplay. The first one, I quite enjoyed for a few days. Fortunately, I never bought the first one, I just borrowed my sister's. But yes, that too is boring after 3-4 days of gameplay.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
Cliffy1000
Card Dealer

Send a message via MSN to Cliffy1000

They should've just left New Super Mario Bros. on the DS instead of bringing it to the Wii
Cliffy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
This is skill based. I only saw the Superguide block once.
Skill
Okay Point
Ghost houses were like always.
Mario 3 had them.
That would kill the difficulty
Skill. Also, throw a Koopa shell at them.
Normal players don't hack the console.
Skill
That is not a reason. I'll explain why.
Most of your commplaints are about difficulty. How many times did you see the big, green Super Guide box. I saw it once. NSBW is hard. In the first 3 Mario games, you couldn't save. In NSBW, you can, so the difficulty gets put up so you don't tear through the game in a minute.

If you like platformers, and are reasinably good at them, I'd get this game. Hard? Yes. Jumper series hard? No.

Also, people saying the game is bad, have you played it? Or are you basing your view on Pumpkineaters?

Last edited by hyperme; 06-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

The fact that when playing this game with multiple people means you can just kill them all the time and/or suicide makes this game all worth it.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
The fact that when playing this game with multiple people means you can just kill them all the time and/or suicide makes this game all worth it.
Coin mode or what ever its name is is alway fun!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Quote:
This is skill based. I only saw the Superguide block once.
Try to explain that to my little sister who had to annoy me every ten minutes about me helping her.
Skill
It is not about skill, they are annoying, they do not add to the game experience, and nobody likes them. I am pretty sure they have got the message enough times already, why don't they stop making them?
Okay Point
Ghost houses were like always.
Nope, Super mario world actually had some thinking. For example, one ghost house needed you to carry a P-switch inside a door to unlock the path to the exit, while a ghost house in this game just needed you to jump above the blocked door, to press a p-switch behind a fake wall.
Mario 3 had them.
And that was not good. They were not in the later games, I do not see why they had to return, they do not add to the game experience, they are just there to annoy me.
That would kill the difficulty
Then do not add them at all, why can I see a movie of 3-3 and not a movie of 1-3?
Skill. Also, throw a Koopa shell at them.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, like in the last game, you can NOT throw koopa shells upwards. And the level I was thinking about while typing that post had no koopas.
Normal players don't hack the console.
Exactly, we do not hack the console, why do we have to be treated like we do? Hackers will figure a way around that, they are not annoyed, WE ARE.
Skill
No. SWC is much less expensive and I was addicted to it for two years. I do not see myself playing NSMB. Wii in 3 months.
That is not a reason. I'll explain why.
Fine, if you say so, 9 reasons. Good enough for me.
Most of your commplaints are about difficulty. How many times did you see the big, green Super Guide box. I saw it once. NSBW is hard. In the first 3 Mario games, you couldn't save. In NSBW, you can, so the difficulty gets put up so you don't tear through the game in a minute.

If you like platformers, and are reasinably good at them, I'd get this game. Hard? Yes. Jumper series hard? No.

Also, people saying the game is bad, have you played it? Or are you basing your view on Pumpkineaters?
I have seen it twice, one of those times being in a castle, which I am really glad about, because it stopped the torture. AND WHY DOES LUIGI HAVE TO BE SO SLOW?
In my opinion it is horrible. If someone wants to buy it so badly, they can do it. But it is not worth it.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

I've played it once. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I don't have the money. (I get like 2-3 new video games a year).
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

Played it once as well, don't own a Wii so I'm not going to buy it anytime soon, but I enjoyed my experience, not too sure what people are complaining about.

Last edited by moltanem2000; 06-13-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: too*
moltanem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

The Hint Movies aren't random, they become unlocked depending on how many Star Coins you've found in that level.

Personally, I loved NSMB! As others have said it is hard, but not riduculously so. It's a very good and fun challenge, and I would reccomend it to anybody looking for a challenge or who likes/is good at platformers.

Ten Reasons to Buy (or at least try) NSMBW:
1. 4-player Co-op. Betraying/killing your friends in-game is worth the $50 pricetag alone.
2. Difficulty. It gets hard pretty fast, but it isn't ridiculously hard! The levels are hard enough that it will be a challenge to complete many of them, but that just makes beating the levels even more satisfying! There is also the "Super Guide" block available for those who are struggling at the game.
3. Epic final boss. The Final Boss is fairly tough, I won't lie, but when you finally defeat him, you feel like you've really accomplished something.
4. Gameplay. The levels are fairly orginal in design, and as you enter new worlds you'll see new concepts you'll have to master in order to achieve perfection (all Star Coins).
5. Hint Movies. The "Super Skills" movies are often just amazing to watch, the Hint Movies also make it easier for those who are trying to find that secret exit in a level.
6. Old times... Anybody who is familier with past Mario games will recognize many of the features in the game. The Koopalings act as the bosses, like in Super Mario World, and roaming enemies in the overworld remind one of Super Mario Bros. 3. Oh, and did I mention Airships?
7. World #9. This world is extremely difficult (but optional), and it will provide a real test of your skills. You really feel like you've accomplished something when you beat one of these levels.
8. Yoshi. Although I would like to be able to keep Yoshi around, this is the first Mario 2-D platformer to have Yoshi in a while. Seeing the lovable dinosaur is always a plus!
9. World 8-7. It's a rollercoaster, and it's super-easy to kill your friends on it! This is by far one of the best Free-for-all/Coin Battle maps.
10. Coin Battle. Some of the Coin-Battle-only levels will remind you of the first Mario games. One level is based off of the old Mario Arcade Game, and another reminds one of World 1-2 in the orginal Super Mario Bros. game. Coin Battle is also extremely competitive, which is a plus.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #12
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
The Hint Movies aren't random, they become unlocked depending on how many Star Coins you've found in that level.

Personally, I loved NSMB! As others have said it is hard, but not riduculously so. It's a very good and fun challenge, and I would reccomend it to anybody looking for a challenge or who likes/is good at platformers.

Ten Reasons to Buy (or at least try) NSMBW:
1. 4-player Co-op. Betraying/killing your friends in-game is worth the $50 pricetag alone.
Extra wii remotes are incredibly expensive. It is like buying the game over and over for each extra player.
2. Difficulty. It gets hard pretty fast, but it isn't ridiculously hard! The levels are hard enough that it will be a challenge to complete many of them, but that just makes beating the levels even more satisfying! There is also the "Super Guide" block available for those who are struggling at the game.
Yup, it is very hard, and in order to survive you have to go back to world one a lot of times, to get lives. I do not like that.
3. Epic final boss. The Final Boss is fairly tough, I won't lie, but when you finally defeat him, you feel like you've really accomplished something.
Not reached it, can't reply.
4. Gameplay. The levels are fairly orginal in design, and as you enter new worlds you'll see new concepts you'll have to master in order to achieve perfection (all Star Coins).
Accepted as a plus
5. Hint Movies. The "Super Skills" movies are often just amazing to watch, the Hint Movies also make it easier for those who are trying to find that secret exit in a level.
If you want amazing skills, you can watch them on youtube.
6. Old times... Anybody who is familier with past Mario games will recognize many of the features in the game. The Koopalings act as the bosses, like in Super Mario World, and roaming enemies in the overworld remind one of Super Mario Bros. 3. Oh, and did I mention Airships?
Lack of these roaming enemies is a thing I enjoyed a lot in the games between smb3 and this one.
7. World #9. This world is extremely difficult (but optional), and it will provide a real test of your skills. You really feel like you've accomplished something when you beat one of these levels.
Not there yet, can't reply
8. Yoshi. Although I would like to be able to keep Yoshi around, this is the first Mario 2-D platformer to have Yoshi in a while. Seeing the lovable dinosaur is always a plus!
Yes, but as you said, you cannot keep him. And his tongue does not pass through walls anymore.
9. World 8-7. It's a rollercoaster, and it's super-easy to kill your friends on it! This is by far one of the best Free-for-all/Coin Battle maps.
Not there, can't reply
10. Coin Battle. Some of the Coin-Battle-only levels will remind you of the first Mario games. One level is based off of the old Mario Arcade Game, and another reminds one of World 1-2 in the orginal Super Mario Bros. game. Coin Battle is also extremely competitive, which is a plus.
Needs multiplayer, Needs extra wii remotes, Needs 50 to 150 more euros.
It also lacks replay value.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 AM   #13
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

I've only played it a couple of times around a friend's house. We've never really got very far, as half of us take ti seriously, and the other half don't at all, so we all end up dead. =P Still, I enjoyed the very small parts of the game I have been able to play although, admittedly, I've never had much experience with Mario games.
I don't see needing extra Wiimotes as a problem. The Wii is designed for multiplayer, so you should have at least two. If you only have one, a cheap and easy way of getting a second is by buying Wii Play or something similar. Then just ask a friend to bring around their motes when you want to play. That's what we do. My friend has 2 Wiimotes, and I take my two so we can play 4-player.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #14
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackieWatty View Post
I've only played it a couple of times around a friend's house. We've never really got very far, as half of us take ti seriously, and the other half don't at all, so we all end up dead. =P Still, I enjoyed the very small parts of the game I have been able to play although, admittedly, I've never had much experience with Mario games.
I don't see needing extra Wiimotes as a problem. The Wii is designed for multiplayer, so you should have at least two. If you only have one, a cheap and easy way of getting a second is by buying Wii Play or something similar. Then just ask a friend to bring around their motes when you want to play. That's what we do. My friend has 2 Wiimotes, and I take my two so we can play 4-player.
If the wii was designed for multiplayer, the only logical thing would be to actually give TWO wiimotes, or have a REASONABLE price for them. Your strategy does not work with me and my sister, since we only use one wii.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 AM   #15
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

Difficulty kills a game beyond beleif(Spelling?), and New Super Mario Bros. for the DS did that. I hated all the gameplay and became so bored with the pointless difficulty of it that I gave up at W3-2 or something like that. And you`re telling me this is EVEN HARDER?! If so, I`d rather jump off Mt.Everest. And as for the multiplayer, I care more about a crumb. Multiplayer is totally pointless. All you do is jump around and say to your freind "Ha ha! I`m going to get you with a koopa shell!" or something like that. And if the saving system is the same as NSMB.DS, I`ll smash my Wii to pieces. Plus, if you have no real life freinds because you`re not that kind of person (Like me) you wouldn`t be able to combine your total of Wiimotes to play multiplayer and the price of them is rediculous considering that the Wii is delibarately made for multiplayer purposes. And all these Mario games are getting on my nerves. Can`t Nintendo come up with something original for a change?!

-Felixrain (Annoyed by Nintendo)
- A spambot
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #16
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Difficulty kills a game beyond belief
NSMW is fair difficult. If you die, 90% of the time it was your fault. If a game is too difficult, and it isn't caused by bad controls/camera angles/lack of health items(*cough*most custom SWC worlds*cough*), stop complaining.
e.g. DROD is hard. That doesn't give you a free ticket to say Serpents are the worse thing ever.

Quote:
Can`t Nintendo come up with something original for a change?!
Wii Sports (Resort), Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music.

Money. People buy Mario. It is profitable. Why stop making it?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
Felixrain
has transformed!

Quote:
Why stop making it?
Because he is extremely annoying.
- A spambot
Old 06-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Because he is extremely annoying.
How is he?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
Felixrain
has transformed!

Quote:
How is he?
By constantly talking in that obviously fake Italian accent. It gets on my nerves.
- A spambot
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Meh. But in a sea of people who will buy more Mario, a few people who don't want him isn't going to change anything. Nintendo is a company, and companies need money. And Mario games bring it in.