happystickman
Back From the Dead

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

1. Fly
2. Transform into Thrall from Warcraft
3. Take over the world as an all powerful necromancer
4. Participate as a sniper in WW1
5. Invent a Flux Capacitor
6. Meet all of the great tacticians of the ancient world and middle ages and learn from them.

Tonight, I'm keeping it simple and just going to try and keep my bearings, maybe nothing major until i gain some confidence in my abilities to interact with my dream world.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
death
Banned

I've had a hypo... whatever hallucination a few times. one time when I was younger, I was being masaged by my mom, shes good at that, and I was so relaxed I fell asleep, with my eyes open. it was odd, the soda can infront of me seemed to change...

another was when I was napping a few weeks ago, I was in that in between sleep and awake state, when I heard this low growling "ah" type sound in my ear, it scared me awake.

edit: also, it's still a dream, happystickman. you probably won't be able to learn from people of the ancient world.

my list:

1. fly (already did in a non-lucid dream)
2. open doors that lead to realms from my imagination.
3. not appropriate to describe
4. force hillary clinton to watch a non-stop marathon of the most gorey video games (for my own amusement)
5. attempt to go to sleep (if you can actually sleep in a dream)
6. there is no number 6
7. shapeshift into some of my fictional characters

Last edited by death; 06-30-2010 at 07:01 PM.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #23
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

1. I can't even do this, because I can't remember my dreams, so I am really jealous.
2. I thought WILD had to do something with injections and drugs, whick one of the two i am extremely terrified of.
So, Yeah, this whole topic has had a mental impct on me.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #24
death
Banned

are you serious?! man, you need relax. If you don't like the WILD method, don't do it. I'm not even sure on the details, though. There are other ways to control your dreams, and you only remember non-lucid dreams if you wake up during, or right after the REM stage of sleep
Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

You can only "learn" stuff that you already knew. In other words, you can re-learn stuff that's gotten lost in your subconcious, but you can't learn anything new.

And YW, the whole point of MILD is to improve your dream recall so you can lucid dream. And WILD doesn't even involve dream recall, although it's hard for most people to do.

And Moontrousers would like everyone to know he got WILD to work last night and ended up fighting a war between tribes of winged humans.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 06-30-2010 at 07:29 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #26
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I have read a bunch of books on samurai swordmanship, along with some internet works on Roman and Greek military tactics. I just don't remember them. Plus it would be awesome to train with Genghis Khan or Pericles.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #27
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

Well I attempted it last night, not sure if it was MILD or WILD, I didn't remember most of the info from the site mentioned in the first post, but I got reaaaaalllllly close, like, extremely close to doing it. But I wasn't able to focus on the phrase I was repeating in my head well enough. It was still a wonderful experience though, being in what would probably be classified as a trance, not even conscious of breathing, stress, the aches and sores that come with being alive. Time also passed by really fast, and really slow, which was my clue later of how close to a lucid dream I really was. Because as most of you know dreams sometimes seem to take a minute but last half the night, or seem to span over the course of a day yet really lasts 5 minutes. Anyways, I'm going to try this again tonight, if I got close on my first try, then hopefully I'll get even close, or succeed on try #2!

Last edited by moltanem2000; 06-30-2010 at 10:57 PM.
moltanem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #28
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Location: traped inside the void of never ending confusion that is my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
You can only "learn" stuff that you already knew. In other words, you can re-learn stuff that's gotten lost in your subconcious, but you can't learn anything new.

And YW, the whole point of MILD is to improve your dream recall so you can lucid dream. And WILD doesn't even involve dream recall, although it's hard for most people to do.

And Moontrousers would like everyone to know he got WILD to work last night and ended up fighting a war between tribes of winged humans.
Ya I did get WILD to work, and the the whole air-born war was pretty epic. Later I will post details of the whole dream and the one I had last night because it was continuing it. But first let me say that flying is such an incredible feeling due to some hyper-realism, and something i find cool is that when i awoke my back muscles were quite sore around where the wings were.... so... ya like I said earlier i will post the details of the dream on this thread later on today or tomorrow.
moontrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #29
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I fell asleep attempting WILD, before I could get lucid. I woke up around 3:00 and tried to use MILD, but the dream I had was too hazy to get it to work. I am now doing reality checks every time I go though a door, so maybe that will help.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #30
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by happystickman View Post
I fell asleep attempting WILD, before I could get lucid. I woke up around 3:00 and tried to use MILD, but the dream I had was too hazy to get it to work. I am now doing reality checks every time I go though a door, so maybe that will help.

Whatever you do DO NOT use a mirror for reality checks, whatever you see in a mirror in the dream world will be something that could scare you back into being awake
Old 07-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #31
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I'm not, I push my finger into my hand and see if it goes though.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #32
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Does poking yourself all the time while you're awake somehow help when you're asleep? I don't get it
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #33
happystickman
Back From the Dead

If you train your subconscious to always do something out in the real world, you will do it in the dream. If my finger goes though my hand, im obviously dreaming.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #34
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Does poking yourself all the time while you're awake somehow help when you're asleep? I don't get it
In non-lucid dreams your finger will go through your hand and your mind will realize it's just a dream and become lucid.

Anyhow, I had absolutely no success with WILD last night, and couldn't recall my dream at all. I overslept yesterday, so that may have something to do with it. I think I'm going to start setting my alarm and getting into a sleep schedule. Maybe that'll help.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #35
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontrousers View Post
Whatever you do DO NOT use a mirror for reality checks, whatever you see in a mirror in the dream world will be something that could scare you back into being awake
not true. the dream world can do almost anything, including FOLLOW LOGIC. I've had some very logical dreams and so has my mum. so, yeah....
Old 07-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

While that is certainly true, Megadog, I have experience (as mentioned above with unpleasant surprises in dream mirrors. I imagine this is because most of the mind is completely or mostly shut off to rest, thus, when the mind tries to recreate a mirror based off of memories of real mirrors, it can appear skewed or worse.

Also, SpaceManiac, it doesn't necessarily have to be poking. You can look at a digital clock, or read some text, both of which would likely appear strange in a dream. Flicking a light switch is also an efficient reality check, as in dreams light switches tend to not work correctly.
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #37
BunnyBot 5000
King of Robotic Bunnies

I think this whole lucid dreaming thing is pretty neato. I already have a sort of reality check, as I always look at my clock to see what time it is. Unfortunately, most of my dreams don't get near digital clocks.

Anyways, I had a sort-of-maybe-ish lucid dream last night. It basically involved me remembering a previous dream very similar to it and pointing out that 'the right path is always the bad one'. It was interesting. In the end I was forced down the right path, so yeah. It would be nice if someone classified this kind of dream, aside from sort-of-maybe-is lucid dream.
I'll get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Your safety is our number four concern.
BunnyBot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #38
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
not true. the dream world can do almost anything, including FOLLOW LOGIC. I've had some very logical dreams and so has my mum. so, yeah....
Dreams aren't always logical and it is also caused by the mind being unable to give it effects like it would have in real life, another example of this is if you look at a digital clock in the dream world it may be displaying some symbols or something that real world clocks aren't capable of, another is the sky, dream world skies are usually just simple thing displayed by your mind, like a picture that never changes, kinda like an older video game from the 90's
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #39
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Oh and also I would like to mention that last night in my lucid dream I was being taught guitar by my favorite guitarist, Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. Skills practiced in lucid dreams can improve in real life, i played today and I've noticed a drastic change in finger dexterity and speed picking abilities. And also i talked to him personally and he was a pretty cool guy so he invited me to preform live with the band for a ton of screaming fans.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #40
death
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaucer View Post
While that is certainly true, Megadog, I have experience (as mentioned above with unpleasant surprises in dream mirrors. I imagine this is because most of the mind is completely or mostly shut off to rest, thus, when the mind tries to recreate a mirror based off of memories of real mirrors, it can appear skewed or worse.
yeah... I had a dream that involved me being a kid again, I looked in the mirror, and there I was. being me, as a kid. I think that principle only applies to lucid dreams.

also: it is my perception that you are able to change any aspect of a lucid dream. is that true?