Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #41
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

You are in your brain, you can do ANYTHING.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #42
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
also: it is my perception that you are able to change any aspect of a lucid dream. is that true?
Yeah, you can, but I prefer not to when I actually have lucid dreams. The only real reasons I'm interested in lucid dreams are the ability to set up a dream scenario and the ability to experience things you can't in reality.

And I have experienced the terror of looking in a dream mirror firsthand. It doesn't happen to me in every dream I look at a mirror in, but it has happened to me before, and I've had a nagging fear of mirrors ever since
Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #43
PlasmaCannonsRule

So, was taking a gander around the site today, found these handy hints for lucid dreamers:

Achieving a Lucid Dream

1. Persistence. Everybody can LD, however, it takes some people a lot of time to master. There's been people that have had to try for years to get a LD.

2. Potassium and endorphins help. Eating high-potassium foods like bananas or comfort food like ice cream before bed can help with LDs.

3. Wake Back To Bed is the most effective method when combined with MILDs or WILDs.

4. Common reality checks include digital clocks, attempting to pierce one's hand with one's finger, levitating objects using psychic powers, and looking at the sky.

5. Chaining- the practice of having an LD and then waking oneself up and going immediately into another LD. Helps to make LDs easier to achieve.

Inside a Lucid Dream

1. The Spin Trick- If a lucid dream seems to be "unstable", rapidly spinning and visualizing yourself inside the dream helps most people stabilize their LDs.

2. The Lucid Pill- When you enter a lucid dream, pull a bottle of pills out of your pocket. Imagine that taking the pill will increase your lucidity and then take it. It very frequently works to great effect, and helps some people achieve absolute lucidity, or "hyperrealism", or an extreme hightening of all senses beyond what is normal. Shouting "Lucidity x1000!" also works for some people.

3. The Door Trick- Approach a door. Envision what you want to be beyond that door. Enter the door. You should be there.

4. The Mirror Trick- For some people, walking through a mirror results in entering a new, oftentimes brilliantly unusual alternate reality.

5. Odd Things- Your body is very good at envisioning feats and conditions normally unable to be experienced based simply on its visual memory. Flying, shapeshifting, and even death are examples. Flying is described as a weightless feel, occasionally being lifted by air, shapeshifting actually does (and I'm speaking from firsthand experience) feel like being in a different body, and death is generally described as a cold feeling accompanied by a darkening of vision. One person claims to have forced himself to stay in a dream after death and claims to have found himself suddenly falling towards an infinite blue barrier, which he perceived to be a manifestation of the afterlife.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #44
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

I can MILD
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #45
happystickman
Back From the Dead

So I failed again. My mind too easily wanders when I'm trying to focus, and I start thinking about other things. I need to be more patient and focus more.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #46
PlasmaCannonsRule

I need to harden up and start kicking the dog out of my bedroom...
Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #47
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

RE: dream logic. The mind is normally very good at predicting what will happen. However, in a dream, the mind will substitute the first thing it can think of, and will also do it's best to ignore the fact that this isn't how the world works, IIRC.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #48
death
Banned

hm... I love how my dreams have been nearly going my way lately (almost doing something that you really want to do, but then being distracted by other dream aspects) its really unfair.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #49
death
Banned

sorry for the double post, but how exactly do you MILD? how do you train your subconsious to wake itself in a dream? you didn't put a specific enough description for it

edit: looked on the website. and I found your description of WILD to be slightly off. if all I have to do is recognize the hypnagogic state, then it should be easy for me.

also: I am extremely excited now. I will tell about my experience tomorrow.

edit: well, I wasn't able to do it. But whenever I catch myself in that hypnagogic state, I can attempt to try it.

Last edited by death; 07-03-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #50
PlasmaCannonsRule

So. Had Moontrousers over last night and we stayed up til 1:30 in the morn playing Diablo II. Problem is, we had 4 cans of pop, and were both too jittery to get WILD to work. MILD didn't work either, and I got abrubtly awoken by my dad so I can't recall my dream either.

I did have kind of a strange experience involving WILD, though. My body kept feeling fuzzy and then not fuzzy, and my vision somehow seemed to keep getting closer and further, even though my eyes were closed.

And a lot of the stuff in the first post is a bit inaccurate. I wrote it as a lucidity n00b at 12:30 in the morning. Although putting yourself in sleep paralysis is the easiest way to go consciously into a hypnogogic state. And MILD involves convincing your body to become awake when asleep. The one I used when I tried MILD is "When I open my eyes, I will be dreaming and will do a reality check."

Finally, Moontrousers found a video that supposedly uses subliminal messaging to get a subliminal message telling your mind to "wake up" during dreams. However, I will not link to it, as it involves lots of flashing lights and could give some people epileptic seizures.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #51
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

I got information from a site (I forget which now, it was a very long time ago) that During WILD you might experience "Old Witch Syndrome" where you feel like there is somebody watching you at the end of your bed and you cannot move. I have attempted WILD, but never succeeded. Same with lucid dreaming, and I think it's because I have very realistic dreams.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #52
death
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
So. Had Moontrousers over last night and we stayed up til 1:30 in the morn playing Diablo II. Problem is, we had 4 cans of pop, and were both too jittery to get WILD to work. MILD didn't work either, and I got abrubtly awoken by my dad so I can't recall my dream either.

I did have kind of a strange experience involving WILD, though. My body kept feeling fuzzy and then not fuzzy, and my vision somehow seemed to keep getting closer and further, even though my eyes were closed.

And a lot of the stuff in the first post is a bit inaccurate. I wrote it as a lucidity n00b at 12:30 in the morning. Although putting yourself in sleep paralysis is the easiest way to go consciously into a hypnogogic state. And MILD involves convincing your body to become awake when asleep. The one I used when I tried MILD is "When I open my eyes, I will be dreaming and will do a reality check."

Finally, Moontrousers found a video that supposedly uses subliminal messaging to get a subliminal message telling your mind to "wake up" during dreams. However, I will not link to it, as it involves lots of flashing lights and could give some people epileptic seizures.
then could you at least pm me a link?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #53
PlasmaCannonsRule

So, has ANYONE had any success?

And Death, I lost the link as well. Sorry.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #54
magic fly
superpowered fly of failure

i've attempted WILD several times, so far i've managed to get as far as the numbness, but no luck other than that.
magic fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #55
Cliffy1000
Card Dealer

Send a message via MSN to Cliffy1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic fly View Post
i've attempted WILD several times, so far i've managed to get as far as the numbness, but no luck other than that.
this
Cliffy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #56
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

The only sucessful attempt (or the nearest to one), was a low-level lucid dream using WBTB. I tried WILD, but it seems that the counting method doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happystickman View Post
So I failed again. My mind too easily wanders when I'm trying to focus, and I start thinking about other things. I need to be more patient and focus more.
This is pretty much why WILD doesn't work for me. I count to around 700, and I start to lose focus.

Last edited by Hammer Up!; 07-09-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Hammer Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #57
PlasmaCannonsRule

I've managed to get total numbness from WILD, but then something jerks me back to conciousness. It's really irritating.

However, I do know it takes some people years to get a hold of lucid dreaming, so I'm willing to try for years to get it.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #58
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Location: traped inside the void of never ending confusion that is my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
then could you at least pm me a link?
I could probably find it for you if you still want it
moontrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #59
moontrousers
Dumb Person

I successfully became lucid last night... I think it was mostly wake back to bed induced because my dog kept barking rather loudly for no particular reason. Even though i did have success there were multiple periods of lucidity that I entered due to the fact that my dog kept waking me up. I became lucid about 5 times last night (the last one lasted until i was woken up by my mom) Anyway the estimated 5 times I was lucid i was just exploring vast universes that I created and flying around, talking to people and studying the creatures that inhabited the worlds.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #60
moontrousers
Dumb Person

Last night I was able to become semi-lucid