Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Zombie Survival RPG 3

I remembered I had said I'd revive this over the summer. So, I did! So, start out by reading the Urgent News thread to get yourself back up to date with the backstory. Now, here's the updated rules:

1. Make your posts so that I could copy and paste it into a book and it wouldn't look out of place. In other words, no chatspeak, third person, none of the standard "Person1: Blah Blah Person2: Blah blah blah" stuff you find in most RPGs here.

2. Keep it Hamumu-friendly. TyTBone and I accidentally got the first one deleted after posting gory details.

3. If TyTBone, Blue Dwarf, or Ubernoob, moderators of the last game, choose to participate now, they will be given moderator powers. They can backtrack posts involving illegal content such as magic, godmodding, harming other PCs, anything involving aliens and\or ghosts, or posts attempting to explain the origin of the UCA-12 virus.

4. You must post background information on your character. Also, name characters realistically; you don't see people named "C00kieMonster114" or "Pants Up" on the streets. Also, don't rip off other franchises. You can't be a Vietnam war veteran named Bill, for instance. And no magic. Despite the game taking place in 2013, technology hasn't advanced much due to setbacks caused by World War III.

5. If you must post things out of character, start the phrase with "OOC:"

6. The events of ZSRPG 2 never happened. Totally new world. However, that does mean you can recycle your characters.

7. Everyone starts in the shambles of the city where the public glanced their first horrifying look at the effects of the virus: New York City.

The game will start in 1 week. Since everyone starts in the same place, I'll create my own character this time.

Levi Hendricks
Profession: Lead guitarist of a local metal band
Married?: No
Travelling With: Luke (Pet German Shepherd)
Carrying: Glock 19, 5 boxes of ammunition, flashlight, kevlar vest, electric guitar & amp, two bottles of water
Background: Levi Hendricks was a master shredder. You name it, he could play it. His band had large success in the relatively small New York metal scene, with headbangers coming from miles around to watch their shows. However, he and his best friend and lead singer Jackson were present at the airport where the UCA-12 virus first set foot on the American landmass. Jackson was bit and Hendricks was forced to shoot him to save his own life. He befriended Anne Smith, a contractor who survived the infection of New York, and adopted Luke, a stray German Shepherd he found in the streets. They helped numerous civilians leave the city. However, a Titan, a zombie mutated to become massive and muscular, wrecked a building on top of him and Anne when they finally decided to leave the city. When he awoke, Anne was gone, and Luke was being attacked by zombies. He saved Luke and treated his injuries, luckily aware that the virus only affected humans. He then began to search for Anne.

Signups:

1. PlasmaCannonsRule (Levi Hendricks) (MOD)
2. Happystickman (Max Steel)
3. Pewskeepski (Rike Mogun)
4. Felixrain (Evan Burns)
5. Lord Loony (Jacob Sirius)
6. TyTBone (Taylor Fisher) (MOD)
7. Blued Dwarf (Mr. Smith) (MOD)

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 07-03-2010 at 04:49 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Default Re: Zombie Survival RPG 3

Epic awesome plot idea!

Anne turns out to still be alive!

Because all this 'find someone' plots usually end with the person being looked for being dead. This is annoying.

Epic awesome plot idea 2!

Mutated viral strains. Each strain's zombies, as well as having varying abilities, may try to kill each other. It annoys me that all zombies work together, like they have some hive mind. If they're mindless monsters, why different between living and zombie? Plenty of animals kill each other, for a varity of reasons.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Ill do it, sounds funtastical.

Max Steell
Age 23
Profession - New York SWAT
Married? - Divorced
Carrying - 12 gauge Shotgun and 2 boxes of pellets, 45 Magnum and a case of bullets, SWAT uniform, keys to the old Van, a Taser, and 2 CS gas grenades.
Background - A Transfer from the Chicago unit, Max Steell was in charge of one of the best SWAT units stationed there. However when his entire team got killed during a terrorist attack on a skyscraper, He was transferred to prevent any repercussions. He was only in NY 3 months before they attack, when the zombies attacked his new team, and they are now missing. He searches to try and locate them and possibly a way to destroy the strain.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Thumbs up Re: Zombie Survival RPG 3

Rike Mo-gon
Profession: Secret Agent
Married?: Yes (But she was mysteriously killed)
Carrying: Sub-Machine Gun, Swiss Army Knife, Lots of bullets, Tear gas, Rope, And A pack of Cigarettes.
Background: Was sent to capture a Terrorist in NY, He completed his mission but before he got back to his base, He stumbled across the Zombies, He got in a fight and He unfortunately lose communication with his allies.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

Evan Burns - Male
Married?: No (Hates all that stuff)
Profession: FBI Agent
Carrying: Pistol, Medi-Kit
Backstory: Was sent to New York to seek out a gang of terrorists attempting to bomb a skyscraper and hopefully stop them from destroying the skyscraper. But he had underestimated them and he had gotten himself captured. They were surrounding him when...they all turned into zombies and started closing in on him(This is where it leaves off from).
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Lord Loony
Not Your Average Ruler

Jacob Sirius
Age- 37
Married?- Divorced
Profession- No job right now
Carrying- Crowbar, empty revolver, flint and steel, water purifier, ramen mix, and a 12-pack of Red Bull, a pot, and a wheelbarrow for carrying
Background- Jacob Sirius used to work in the Postal Service, and married to a woman named Caroline. After Caroline died because of cancer, Jacob went into a deep stage of depression and dropped out of his job. He later went to jail after becoming drunk and driving his car into a gas station. He was in jail for a week before the dawn of the Zombie Apocalypse. When zombies broke into the jail, he took advantage of the situation, got out of jail, and is hiding out in New York, now, along with his newfound pet cat, Rusty, and looking for survivors, shelter, food, ammunition, and any news of a safe colony.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
PlasmaCannonsRule

I changed Levi Hendrick's backstory from an NYPD officer to a rock star. Guys, not everyone is in law enforcement in this story.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
TyTBone
College Boi

Taylor Fisher
Relationship Status: Long-distance with a girl
Profession: Communications Expert/technician
Carrying: Colt 45, his briefcase (some Taco Bell inside that, cell phone, other odds and ends)
Car: Hybrid
Background: Taylor recently graduated from TCI College Of Technology; he had been seeing someone there, Loreen E., but she felt a "calling" elsewhere to further her career. The two agreed to try a long-distance relationship, but neither was very enthusiastic.
In the meantime, Taylor was trying to earn enough money to rent a house near Loreen by fixing stock brokers' servers. He was driving back to work from lunch when the chaos started.
[He may have crashed it to avoid hitting somebody, but I'll let PCR decide that.]
Oh, and Taylor had the Colt 45 for personal protection; he practiced a few times with it over the years, but never needed to use it until now.

Last edited by TyTBone; 07-02-2010 at 05:27 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Name: Mr./Agent Slate(fake name, he is Agent 16(codenamed: The Dwarf) of a protection agency that no longer exists.)
Age: No records. He estimates himself at 25, but that is a complete guess.
Relationship: None. His best(and only) friend is a polar bear.
Companion: Agent T-17, the mountable polar bear.
Carrying: A Makeshift bow, a hatchet, a cellar full of food/emergncy generators/firestarters/other survival tools(he has built a wooden fort ontop of it)

Backstory: At a young age he was abducted and put into an intense training program that taught him combat skills involving swords, axes, crossbows/longbows throwing stars, blunt objects, etc. Basically anything on-hand that could be used as a weapon. He did not seem to grow past 4ft so they codenamed him the dwarf. Because of his slight height disadvantage they paired him with a Polar bear that had been stolen from a zoo shortly after birth(the operation was to test invisibility equipement that the agency had developed, it failed horribly but they still made off with the bear.)
The Dwarf and the Polarbear grew up with eachother and bonded, the bear was given a saddle so the dwarf could ride it. The saddle had dual gatling guns attached, but when the agency dissappeared they took all their equipement with them. Now Agent Slate and his Polar Bear hide in the end of a dark alley in NYC, in a small wooden fort built ontop of someone's storm/nuclear fallout/other disasters shelter.

(I can remake my character if he is too odd/random. Just wanted to see if I could get away with having a character that rides a polar bear :P)
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
Not everyone is in law enforcement in this story.
I wasn't sure before, But can I be a Ninja
Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
PlasmaCannonsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
I wasn't sure before, But can I be a Ninja
The closest thing that exists to a ninja today would be a parkour fanatic.

And BD, that thing with the bear would work if you were some kind of performer. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of the characters in law enforcement\secret service, since they have an obvious advantage over everyone else, and aren't all that original for the most part.

Plus, if your character is a dwarf, that puts him in a very good position to be a circus performer.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 07-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
The closest thing that exists to a ninja today would be a parkour fanatic.

And BD, that thing with the bear would work if you were some kind of performer. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of the characters in law enforcement\secret service, since they have an obvious advantage over everyone else, and aren't all that original for the most part.

Plus, if your character is a dwarf, that puts him in a very good position to be a circus performer.
I'm in the FBI and have but a pistol and a medi-kit for no reason. I don't think I have a massive advantage over everyone else.
- A spambot

Last edited by Felixrain; 07-04-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #13
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

REVISION:

Dwarfy the short bear trainer man was a circus performer, he tamed a polar bear and could throw axes better than any lumber-jack man ever could). He performed in the circus until the circus tent started on fire one day. Then he turned to a life of building small forts in the trees in the woods and waiting to steal people's picnic baskets. This turned out to not be very profitable, but it didn't matter since lately he noticed the people in the woods would just shamble about and try to eat the other people in the woods. He rode to the nearest city on the back of his bear to see what was going on. he soon discovered that everyone was a zombie, so he joined some looters in a store and started grabbing anything he could fit on the large pouches on the sides of his bear-saddle(the other looters didn't appreciate him stealing 'their' stuff, but they don't want to mess with the polar bear.

Carrying: A hatchet, various canned vegetables and fruits(and spam. Lots of spam. It makes the polar bear happy.), a hammer and a couple boxes of nails, and varous random small objects that will be listed later(because I'm too lazy(and tired) to list the large list that I have in my mind, especially since most of the items are useless/random)
Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Mutated viral strains. Each strain's zombies, as well as having varying abilities, may try to kill each other. It annoys me that all zombies work together, like they have some hive mind. If they're mindless monsters, why different between living and zombie? Plenty of animals kill each other, for a varity of reasons.
I kind of like this. Hype, you should create a character!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
TyTBone
College Boi

Sorry for the bump, but I'm anxious to write something for this. Take advantage of this while you can.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
PlasmaCannonsRule

If it wasn't 10 minutes until my bedtime, I'd start. This will start tomorrow.
EDIT: Or maybe not. A lot of unplanned things have been going on around here. Nothing serious, but a lot of little things.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 07-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
Felixrain
has transformed!

On second thoughts, I don't want a medi-kit but my signup post is too old to edit
- A spambot
Old 07-11-2010, 05:10 AM   #18
happystickman
Back From the Dead

What the heck, ill change mine if you ever so desire.

Bruce Summers
Age 31
Profession - Car Mechanic
Married? - No
Carrying - 45. Magnum and box of ammo, wrench, a granola bar, a bottle of Mountain Dew.
Background - A car mechanic working in a shop in downtown, he was working on a jeep wrangler when the zombie's came. He went outside, say what was going down, and drove away. When his car hit a pothole and broke down a few miles out from the downtown area, he went out on foot, looking foer a way to escape the city limits safely.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #19
PlasmaCannonsRule

A roar echoed through the decaying office building. Rike Mogun and Evan Burns spun around, pistols held steady only by years of discipline. They had entered the building to search for a safe, abandoned place to rest their heads. Neither had gotten much sleep in the week and a half after a bust on some domestic terrorists turned into a terrifying battle for survival outside the building where a horde of zombies awaited them. All the terrorists and all their teammates had been infected or killed. As far as they knew, they were the last humans alive in NYC. A trace of movement out of the corner of Burn's eyes caught his attention. He spun around and fired a shot into the head of the zombie creeping up the stairs. For a moment, there was naught but silence. Then, a thundering roar of a horde charging up the stairwell to investigate and infect. The two agents looked towards one another and nodded. Mogun and Burns ran towards a window. Mogun pressed his foot on the window and pushed, sending glass fragments hailing onto the streets below. They looked desperately for a way out of the building. Mogun then noticed that the walls were filled with fist-sized holes all the way down. But they needed a distraction to make it down before the horde. Mogun took a garbage can full of paper and beckoned for Burns to descend the building. Mogun then laid the papers out over the top of the stairwell. He then lit a cigarette, took one puff (for good luck, he always said), then threw it down on top of the dry papers. He leapt out of the building before a towering inferno engulfed almost half the room. "Let's move." said Burns at the bottom.

The bang of the Colt was deafened by the roar of the engine, close to overheating and running on very little gas. The roar of the engine was deafened by the horrifying sound of the approaching horde. The sound of the horde was deafened by the blood roaring in Taylor's ears. "Go, go, GO!" he screamed at the car as it stalled for a second. In the rearview mirror, Taylor saw zombies by the hundreds. Maybe the thousands. Thinking quickly, he made a death-defying turn into a back alley. He picked up the last of the improvised grenades he had made in the single day he hadn't been chased by zombies and flung it upward. Taylor jerked in his seat as he heard a loud BANG, followed by the sound of the decaying buildings behind him collapsing. Taylor looked in the rearview again and couldn't help a relieved sigh. His desperate strategy had worked. For now. The horde was persistent. It would never let him out of its clutches. Taylor then saw what he perceived now as a glorious oasis; a gas station. "Hopefully it hasn't already been looted." he thought to himself as he pulled in. He pulled out a pump and let out another relieved sigh when precious fuel flowed out into the tank of his car. He then entered the gas station and found that the food had been looted except for a few candy bars and moldy doughnuts. He took a Snickers and unwrapped it as he exited the building. He then saw an office building down the street ablaze with two figures climbing out the window.

Dwarfy snatched another bag of chips off the shelf. He opened it up and munched on a chip, thankful that it wasn't moldy like some of the others. His polar bear slept on the ground closeby, one of the looters he had joined, Alex, using him as a pillow. Marty, Alex, and "Ace" Allen. All of them were teenage delinquents of some degree, with "Ace" Allen as their bona-fide tough guy leader. Shaved bald, heavily tattooed, and normally shirtless, he was a self-centered highschool dropout with a criminal record. Dwarfy could do without him. Alex could be a bit of a snot at times, but she wasn't nearly as bad as Ace, and nowhere near as self-centered. She was a pretty young girl with raven black hair and mostly fair skin, but a scar from an accident with a pipe bomb after the infection stretching from her forehead to her jaw marred her face. Marty was... different. Alex claimed he used to be lively, but Dwarfy couldn't see that now. He was mostly a normal looking brown-haired teenage, but his pure blue stare always unnerved Dwarf. He never talked and always seemed distant. He was currently lying down, gazing blankly at the ceiling while Ace sat beside him on a counter smoking a cigarette. The bear perked up and looked out the door. Seconds later, he heard the roar of a car engine, gunshots, and zombies roaring. Alex jerked awake and whipped out a stolen uzi while Ace, panicking, kicked open a glass case behind him and pulled out a fresh, new shotgun to replace his dad's rusty hunting rifle. Marty slowly stood up and took out his signature weapon, a Glock with a large blade tied to it. Suddenly, a loud bang echoed from the streets. The gang ran out to the doorway to find a collapsed alleyway burying a zombie horde. Some survivors turned towards the motley crew. "Let's get out of here! Now!" yelled Ace, jumping on his Harley. Alex and Marty soon followed while Dwarfy leaped onto his bear. Ace gave a satisfyingly astonished look when he saw the bear keep pace with his Harley. They turned the corner to find the car parked at a gas station and a blazing office building further down the street.

OOC: The rest is forthcoming. Don't post until I do, please.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
PlasmaCannonsRule

Bruce Summers was awakened from his much needed nap by the sound of gunshots and explosions. "People. People are out there!" he thought to himself. He hadn't seen another survivor for two weeks. He leaped into the front seat of the cab he had dozed off in and stuck a copy of Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction he had scavenged from the car into the thankfully still-working CD player and turned the ignition. The vehicle slowly came to an unliving life and began to move. Bruce peered out the windshield into the road ahead, where he saw a collapsed alleyway with smoke billowing out of it and a group of motorcyclists being chased by what appeared to be a bear escaped from the zoo. He thought for a moment he saw a person mounted on it, but quickly dispelled the thought. Bruce slammed on the gas to try to catch up. Then disaster. The engine sputtered and the car slowed to a stop. Bruce turned the ignition. Then he turned the ignition again. Then he slammed his fist into the dashboard while screaming a curse. He glanced up and saw the last of the cyclists turn the bend. He pulled his backpack out of the backseat and stuck the precious album into his pocket and set out on foot. He would not let himself lose them.

"What's the matter, Rusty?" Jacob Sirius inquired. The cat had suddenly frozen and started hissing at what appeared to be nothing as they had been walking the city streets, looking for food and water. Then, Jacob noticed a lone figure scaling down the walls of an office building a few blocks down. He was then followed by a second figure. Then a massive wave of flame came billowing out the window. Jacob picked up Rusty and attached the cat to his backpack, a position that the cat normally assumed by itself but would not this time. As he was running, he saw a car parked in a gas station further down the street roar into life and begin down the street, followed by several motorcycles and a bear that had turned the street. Jacob drew his blank pistol. Looters picked on anyone who appeared weak or vulnerable. He knew that from experience. Just then, he heard a dog barking wildly behind him, followed by a familiar voice yelling at the dog to stop barking. the voice was that of Levi Hendricks, local rock star.