Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 10-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Yerfdog Brilliant Halloween Enjoyment!

Around a week from now, on Sunday October 17, I'll be hosting various chat games. With YB prizes! Also, we'll be on the stakeout for ponies, as well. But that's secondary, since you can hunt those any time. Anyway, it will start at 12 PM The time I'll be using is (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), and the more people that are there, the better. If it's really successful, I might do it again.

However, there is a problem. Due to insufficient funds, I haven't hosted chat games in a long time. (They're just not the same without actual prizes) It's been so long, that I've forgotten almost all the chat games I once knew! So, in the spirit of the Halloween season I'm having a contest of sorts. If you can think of a really good chat game that would be fun to play, post it here. The more detailed, the better. I'll award you anywhere from 1-5 Yerbucks, depending how much I like it.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Current Games Recollected:

Chat Mafia
PWNZOR
Monster Trivia
Snowball Fight
T.A.G.
Perilous Paths
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 10-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Default Re: Halloween Chat Fun!

Hm, 6 PM "Jamul time"? Wouldn't that be around 2-3 in the morning or later for us Europeans? :\

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 10-11-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Can't calculate
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
seamonkey
spoon eater

chat mafia: mafia but in chat!!
PWNZR: umm the four card character thingie (although we'd need to dig up thi link)
monster madness: I forgot what this is actually called; but it's where the host thinks up a monster, and each round people get one guess, giving a hint each round til someone gets it.

EDIT: something like that, but it would continue for a while I assume.

Last edited by seamonkey; 10-11-2010 at 04:25 PM.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Wesley

Hrm... When would be a good time for Europeans, then? If I change the time soon, I could just re-edit my first post, so any time suggestions would be welcome.

EDIT: Seamonkey gets 4 YBs for the ideas. Monster Guessing and Mafia are pretty obvious, but I had forgotten about PWNZOR. I think I have the sheet, somewhere...
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic

Last edited by Wesley; 10-11-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
bowserfan

Post Re: Halloween Chat Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Hrm... When would be a good time for Europeans, then? If I change the time soon, I could just re-edit my first post, so any time suggestions would be welcome.
How about 6 PM? I can be there then too.

(Monster guessing game is called Monster Trivia, BTW. Also, this may sound weird, but how about... *drumroll* CHAT T&T?!?)

Last edited by bowserfan; 10-11-2010 at 04:52 PM.
bowserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserfan View Post
Also, this may sound weird, but how about... *drumroll* CHAT T&T?!?)
That's what PWNZOR is
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
bowserfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
That's what PWNZOR is
Oh :I
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowserfan View Post
How about 6 PM? I can be there then too.
6 PM what time zone?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
bowserfan

Quote:
6 PM what time zone?
European.

Last edited by bowserfan; 10-11-2010 at 05:05 PM.
bowserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
Wesley

Default Re: Brilliant Halloween Enjoyment!

Okay, so that's...12 PM Jamul time. I bit earlier then I wanted, but if more people arrive, it'll be worth it.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

12 PM midnight or 12 PM noon?
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
Wesley

Noon.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #13
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Okay, so that's...12 PM Jamul time.
Wait wait, isn't "Jamul time" GMT-8? "European" time tends to be around GMT, how could 18:00 be 12:00 in Jamul time? Or am I incorrect about what "Jamul time" is? (Wish people would just use an actual time zone instead of saying "Jamul time" D:)
Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

He never said it would be 6PM in +/- 0, he just said it was going to be in 12 Jamul time, which is 8 PM +/- 0
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
He never said it would be 6PM in +/- 0, he just said it was going to be in 12 Jamul time, which is 8 PM +/- 0
Uhm, yes, he did. Bowserfan said 6 PM "European" time, and Wesley said that would be "12 PM" Jamul time.

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 10-11-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #16
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

Oh whoops, my bad. I saw the first post referring to 6 PM Jamul time and then him saying 6 PM so I associated it and just scrolled down. (Man, that almost sounds like your typical Youtuber with video descriptions)

Last edited by Blackduck; 10-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #17
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

We need that game (forgotten what it's called) where there is a scenario and there are three choices, one of them gives 0 points, one gives 1 point and one gives 2 points. Person with the most points after a certain amount of rounds wins, perhaps?
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
Wesley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixrain View Post
We need that game (forgotten what it's called) where there is a scenario and there are three choices, one of them gives 0 points, one gives 1 point and one gives 2 points. Person with the most points after a certain amount of rounds wins, perhaps?
Perilous Paths! :D 2 Ybs to you, good sir.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #19
Wesley

Made a new post, so everyone would see it. The time I'll be using is (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). I'll re-edit this back into the first post. Regardless, 12 PM at this time is ample opportunity for anyone to play. Of course, not everyone in the world will be able to play at this time, but most will.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Here's three from the old chat tourneys:

Conspiracy
The host decides whether there is a conspiracy or not. If there is a conspiracy, the host chooses one player to be innocent. The host then PMs the conspirators who the innocent is, and sends a PM to the innocent that they are innocent. The conspirators proceed to try and trick the innocent into thinking that there is not a conspiracy. At the end of discussion time, the innocent PMs their guess to the host. If they guess there is not a conspiracy, each of the conspirators gain a point. If they guess correctly, they gain a point. If there is not a conspiracy, the host PMs everyone that they are innocent. If a player guesses there is not a conspiracy, they gain a point. Regardless, the host then announces that discussion has begun, and sets a time limit of 5-10 minutes (more if there are more players). When the time is up, discussion stops and the host gets guesses from every innocent. Points are then awarded as described previously.

Hot Potato
For each round, the host (secretly) decides a time limit (between about 30 seconds and 2 minutes). At the start of the time, he says the name of one player. This player must say the name of another in a phrase, such as "Watch out, Professor Placeholder!" or "Here you are, Mumblebob". The player thrown to must throw to another player. This cycle continues, and no player can say the same phrase for a second time during that round. When the time limit is up, the last player thrown to is eliminated, and play continues in the next round. A player is awarded one point for each time he was the last to throw at the player eliminated in a round.

You Don't Say
In this game, the host thinks of the name of a Hamumu-related thing and gives the players clues as to the sounds of the syllables in that Hamumu-related thing. These clues should be given one at a time, waiting until they are understood, until there are no more syllable clues. These clues do not have to be given in order. After all clues have been given, no more clues should be given to indicate placement of syllables. The first person to guess the Hamumu-related thing wins two points.

Don't worry too much about the points stuff, they were used so that winning a game of, say, chat mafia would be more important in the long run than winning a game of snowball fight.

Hmm... I may have to start the chat tourneys up again sometime.

Last edited by SpaceManiac; 10-12-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Hmm...
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote