Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Derp #1

I am going to start a daily thing called DRP, which stands for Daily Random Page. I will go on Wikipedia, hit random page, and comment about whatever page I get, and maybe post a picture. So, here we go...

Chithrakuzhal (Malayalam: ചിത്രക്കുഴൽ) is a 2010 Malayalam film directed by Majeed Gulistan. Chithrakuzhal (Binoculars) is a Children's film based on environmental issues and protection of the Nature. The title of the English version of the film is The Bird Catcher.

Hmm, a recent Bollywood children's film. I don't really like movies about environmental issues, and I can't say much about this one...

Here's the link to the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chithrakuzhal

Comments about this? Want me to continue?
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person

Last edited by ElMikkino; 02-19-2011 at 03:17 PM.
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Megadog
The Demagogue

Default Re: DRP #1

If you re-randomise if it ends out on something inappropriate, then yes.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikkino View Post
Comments about this? Want me to continue?
Sure, but keep it in a single thread.

Last edited by TyTBone; 02-19-2011 at 12:27 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

Daily Entertaining Random Page
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies

What Kerma Said

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikkino View Post
I don't really like movies about environmental issues
Me neither. I think they're boring.

Last edited by Pewskeepski; 02-19-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Pewskeepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

I was planning on separate threads, but now I realize that threads fall off the 1st page too slowly here. So I'll rename this thread, and put them all into one thread. EDIT: I would, but I can't, so can a mod please do so?

As for if I get something inappropriate, I was planning on saying the name of the article, and then saying nothing else, but I'll just re-randomize instead.

And as for DERP, yeah, that's better. I couldn't think of something for the E.

Last edited by ElMikkino; 02-19-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Derp #2

Today's DERP is:

Jay S. Fishman is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Travelers Companies (TRV). He served as the Company's Chairman and CEO since the St. Paul and Travelers Companies merged to form The Travelers Companies (then named The St. Paul Travelers Company) in April 2004. From October 2001 until the merger, Mr. Fishman had been Chairman, CEO, and President of The St. Paul Companies, Inc. Prior to October 2001, Mr. Fishman served as Chairman, CEO, and President of The Travelers Insurance Group, Inc., (which became Travelers Property Casualty Corp. in 2002 and merged with a subsidiary of St. Paul in 2004) and as CEO and President of Travelers Property Casualty Corp. (which became Travelers Insurance Group Holdings Inc. in 2002) ("Holdings"), also serving as Chairman of Holdings from March 2000 to January 2001. From 1989 to October 2001, Mr. Fishman held several key executive posts at Commercial Credit Corp., Primerica, Travelers, and Citigroup.
Mr. Fishman serves at the University of Pennsylvania, as a member of the Board of Trustees, the Board of Overseers of the Graduate School of Education, and the Industry Advisory Board of the Financial Institutions Center for The Wharton School. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the National Academy Foundation. [1]

Jay Fishman is an honored member of The Advisory Committee of The Jazz Foundation of America [2].

This time, we get a CEO of an insurance company. This is almost the entire article, but unfortunately, there's no picture. Maybe Google can supply us with one?

Yes, it can. There's Mr. Fishman in all his glory. He looks nothing like a fish, though.

Tune in tomorrow for another DERP!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Derp #3

Today's DERP is:

Mami soup is a Filipino soup containing noodles and chicken.

Really, that's all it says. In fact, the headings that say "this article does not have articles linking to it" and "this article does not cite any references or sources", along with the thing on the bottom that says "this article is a stub" have 7x more words than that sentence.

See you tomorrow for a hopefully more interesting DERP!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 AM   #10
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Derp #4

Is anybody reading these? If not, then I'll stop, but right now, its time for another DERP:

Belvedere is an affluent city in Marin County, California, United States. Belvedere is located 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northeast of Sausalito,[4] at an elevation of 36 feet (11 m).[3] At the 2000 census, the population was 2,125 and the per-capita income was $113,595,[5] making it one of the highest income cities in California and the 17th highest income place in the United States (1st with a population over 1,000).

Hmm, a city in California. This one has some pretty interesting info about the location, too:

Belvedere is located at 37į52′22″N 122į27′52″W / 37.87278įN 122.46444įW / 37.87278; -122.46444,[3] about 4 mi (6 km) north of San Francisco.
Situated on the Tiburon Peninsula at the southeastern base of Ring Mountain, between Richardson Bay and the Town of Tiburon, Belvedere consists of two "islands" and the lagoon (Belvedere Lagoon) between them. The larger of the two islands is Belvedere Island, and the smaller one is Corinthian Island, which is shared with Tiburon. The area of Ring Mountain is notable for its archaeological resources of extant Native American petroglyphs as well as considerable biodiversity of California native plants.[6]
Belvedere lagoon is owned and maintained by the Belvedere Lagoon Property Owner's Association. The lagoon is not accessible by boat from the San Francisco Bay, and no public access is provided. Until somewhat late in the 20th century, houseboats were present in Belvedere Lagoon.[7]
The city has a total area of 2.42 sq mi (6.3 km2), of which 0.54 sq mi (1.4 km2) is land and 1.89 sq mi (4.9 km2) (78%) is water.[2]

And I'll give you guys some pictures of Belvedere, too:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Yacht_Club.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ia_in_2010.jpg

(Both are really big)

Cya tomorrow for the next DERP (maybe)!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

I read these.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

I read them to, I just don't have anything to say about them.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #13
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies

same as above

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Well, then, there will be another!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #15
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Here's today's DERP. Also, all comments after this sentence will now be in blue to distinguish it from the actual article:

PowerQUICC is the name for several Power Architecture based microcontrollers from Freescale Semiconductor. They are built around one or more PowerPC cores and the QUICC Engine which is a separate RISC core specialized in such tasks such as I/O, communications, ATM, security acceleration, networking and USB. Many components are System-on-a-chip designs tailor made for embedded applications.
PowerQUICC processors are used in networking, automotive, industrial, storage, printing and consumer applications. Freescale are using PowerQUICC processors as a part of their mobileGT platform.
Freescale also manufactures QUICC microcontrollers based on the older 68k technology.
There are four distinct lines of processors, mainly based on processing power.

I didn't understand most of that, but at least the pictures are more clear!

So, they're computer chips, eh? Well, since I'm not very knowledgable with computer hardware, then I think we have to end this DERP here. See ya tomorrow!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #16
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Hopefully, we'll have a DERP I understand more today:

Not to be confused with fabric.

Fabrik may refer to:
  • Fabrik (open source), a Joomla database plug-in
  • Fabrik Inc., a manufacturer of external hard drives and associated software
  • Fabrik (software), a visual programming integrated development environment
Um, great. A disambiguation page. Everything Fabrik is about computers, it seems. Lets just poke in on the first article.

Joomla! is a free and open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets. It comprises a modelĖviewĖcontroller (MVC) Web application framework that can also be used independently.
Joomla! is written in PHP, uses object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques and software design patterns, stores data in a MySQL database, and includes features such as page caching, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, polls, search, and support for language internationalization.
Within its first year of release, Joomla had been downloaded 2.5 million times.[1]. Between March 2007 and February 2011 there had been more than 21 million downloads. [2] There are over 6,000 free and commercial plug-ins available from the official Joomla! Extension Directory and more available from other sources.[3]

That redirected me to the program the plug-in was made for, which I don't understand in the least.

PLEASE Wikipedia, tomorrow, give me an article I know!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #17
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

*crosses fingers*:

Aaron James Redmond (born 23 September 1979 in Perth, Western Australia) is a New Zealand international cricketer. He was a member of the Otago cricket team, competing in the State Championship, State Shield and State Twenty20 competitions in 2006. Redmond is a right-handed batsman who debuted for Canterbury in the 1999/2000 season, playing first-class and list A matches for them. His father is Rodney Redmond, an international cricketer who scored 107 and 56 on debut for New Zealand in 1972/1973 against Pakistan at Christchurch.

So this guy's a cricket player...well, I don't know much about cricket either, but I know more about it than yesterday's article.

The article goes on to say how he's a pretty successful player, and he made it to the English teams. I will now provide you with a picture of Aaron:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2C_cropped.jpg

The image is pretty big, unfortunately.

Cya tomorrow for another DERP!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #18
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Huzzah! An otago person! I come from Otago!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #19
Megadog
The Demagogue

I thought he sounded familiar...
Old 02-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Today's DERP is:

Robert Joseph "Joe" Tubman (born August 18, 1897 in Ottawa, Ontario, died November 29, 1975 in Ottawa, Ontario) was a star football player in the Canadian Football League for thirteen seasons for the Ottawa Rough Riders. Tubman led his team to two Grey Cup wins, in 1925 and 1926. After retiring from the field, Tubman worked as a referee for 15 years. He was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 1968 and into the Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 1975. He died in 1975, and was interred in Pinecrest Cemetery in Ottawa.

Yay! A CFL athlete! I don't usually watch the CFL, but its nice that something Canadian appeared. The article doesn't provide a picture, but maybe Google will?

That's the only good picture of him, but he doesn't look too bad. For me, this DERP has scored a touchdown!

Cya tomorrow for another DERP!