Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 06-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
magic fly
superpowered fly of failure

Default Solar Tide RPG

ookay, I'm going to throw my rpg into the blend known as total mayhem and see how it works.
its going to be more like a choose your own adventure book, and if you die you can make another character and start along a different path, the story might never end.
I do not plan on having a single villain,bad-guy or thing to do. become the villain if you want to. I'll enjoy writing this more if everyone just does what they want, and doesn't become the cliche hero.

So basically the rules are, after i post saying what happened, send me a pm or post saying what you want to do, and I'll write the story or storys accordingly.Repeat over and over.
If you die and want to keep playing, please remember that your new character doesn't know the stuff your deadified character knew. After all, having a random stranger running into a secret lair/cave/whatever knowing everything about what evil thing is going to happen would be a little weird; don't you think?
Thats about it.

Here's the backstory:

Earth, many hundred years into the future, is a battlefront for the Slail and Verne due to it's location on the edge of Slail territory near the border of the Slail territory. 10 years earlier earth was at war with the Slail and the Verne but had inferior technology and lacked the power to cope with them. The two races earth was at war with didn't view earth as a threat but wanted to claim earth as its own to stop the other from widening its borders through the acquisition of earth. Eventually, the Dictatorship of earth stopped avoiding the inevitable and surrendered to the Slail to prevent earth from falling into the hands of the Verne who treat conquered races as inferior.

The Slail are a race of flightless birds. In place of wings they have human shaped arms layered with feathers and their hands,like their feet, are scaly and clawed. Slail come in an array of colors, but on most occasions they don't have bright colors such as orange, red, or yellow. The Slail are fierce fighters but prefer honorable warfare to sly tricks and petty tactics, but if needs be they will also use underhanded methods of fighting although they look down on it.

The Verne are the Slail's Worst enemy. They have been at war constantly with each other, with little rest inbetween. Every 10 years, give or take, there tends to be a tender cease fire before Pandora's box is opened again. the Verne are a race of trees able to take the form of creatures for mobility and flexibility. They aren't the smartest, but as time goes on and they grow older they get wiser. It is currently unknown how long they are able to live. Only the aged Verne ever get the chance to become respected and take the seat of commander. tales have been told of a few Verne that hid themselves underground and underwent hibernation and haven't been seen for more than a thousand years, and many Verne believe that when they wake up they will lead the Verne race to absolute domination.

Currently there is a unstable ceasefire, expected to break any moment. they are merely waiting for a chance to surprise the other, and gain the upper hand in the war. Even after decades of war neither the Slail or the Verne have weakened enough to change the tide of battle. This is just a ordinary part of life for them now.

There are many other races, but they are so far away only the rich or influential can get a chance to visit them or vice versa.

Here's what you should provide in order to start.

name: (put name here,can't believe i forgot to add this when i posted the thread...)

race: (Human,Slail,Verne) - other races may become available as the story progresses.

description: (describe your character's looks as best as you can here)

personality: (describe your character's personality, it can change later of course, but until then i will be using this as a guideline on what your dialog is.)

anything else: (i don't know what goes here.location maybe?)

good luck on your quest to do (insert your goal here)!

Last edited by magic fly; 06-22-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: posting it turned stuff into smileys and removed indents also forgot something. edit again: typo
magic fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Default Re: Solar Tide RPG

Name: (can i put that in here?) John "Random Commander" Elliot.

race: Human

description: He has the rank of Captain, Wearing the standard uniform of officers (i dunno, you make that up?) and has blue eyes, brown hair.

personality: Honorable, Decisive, Creative and, at times, silly.

anything else: He is the Captain of the Battleship (if you will allow the EFS part being Earth Federation Starship) "EFS I'm about to Drop the Hammer!" (IATDTH (ee * AT * dith) for short) The Battleship has a Quad engine, 3 Laser Beam Batteries, 8 Point Defence/Anti-fighter turrets, 2 Proton Bolt Launchers, Heavy Shielding for a battleship, and Durable enough Armor (The hull is a separate status structure, as you know (i hope so, at least)).

This is what it looks like:

EDIT: Oops, it says ESF instead of EFS, well, thats a common mistake...

Double Edit: Hold it, are humans allowed to have starships?

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!

Last edited by RandomCommander; 06-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

Name: Screek Slingclaw

race: Slail

description: An ace fighter pilot in the 16th Battalion, The Heckbirds.

personality: Helpful and brave, but quick to temper.

anything else: Currently resting in his recuperegg (the Slail equivalent of a bed) (Also he has a human friend named Dave since they're with the Slail if it's allowed)
. Yellow Wizard . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
magic fly

random commander:

There isn't any Earth Federation. After all, Earth was conquered.
But there is a Earth volunteer force. they mostly just defend Earth but on occasion they go to the front line when needed.
So, John will be a commander in that instead,sorry if that disappointed you.
mind if John "Random Commander" Elliot was shortened to John RC Elliot to make it a bit more realistic?

John stared out of the thick, foggy glass into space. Nothing but asteroids and a stray unsalvaged piece of metal, probably from one of those space shuttles that launched hundreds of years ago.Sitting back down and closing his eyes, John relaxed. Its been several years since he could sit back and not worry about the ambushes that happen so frequently that they can hardly be called ambushes anymore.

"Sleeping on the job, that's a new one. I never thought I would see you do that." came a purposely pompous voice from behind.

Shaken, John snapped "Tim! Why do you have to sneak up like that when its obvious that I'm trying to rest?"

Timberly Gort, referred to as Tim, is a short man with light brown hair and a mischievous grin. He likes to pull pranks and throw around poorly thought out jokes even in the most dire of times. He is also getting a nasty look from John at the moment because he ruined some happy trains of thoughts that were driving through John's head.

Out the window Earth was getting closer. Their patrol was ending and they started to descend to the once lush planet that is now, on average, a light brown color. John got up off the seat he was on and walked down the steel hall to get things ready for arrival. Timberly sighed. even though outwardly he acted like he hated all the warfare inwardly he was now bored. Nothing to do, and nothing to fight.

"There's always time for a new prank." He thought to himself as he walked to the roost to pack away his hammock and tools of mischief before John or anyone else decided to throw it all out and cheer as it floats off into space.

The ship descended like an ancient helicopter and landed onto the sandy dunes without anything more than a small vibration to the passengers inside. In front of where it landed was a hangar hidden in the sand. The ship then rolled forward on its landing wheels, sliding perfectly into place between the yellow lines. A generously clad official looking woman nearby, however, wasn't impressed.

"The ship has come to a stop. It is now safe to leave." came the typical electronic voice of a woman from the speakers.

"Heh, i remember when i could figure out if it was moving or not. But now i can hardly tell when we land." Remarked the navigator as they left the ship. The unimpressed lady started walking against the flow onto the ship. as they left John could hear her scolding the pilot.

"You call that a landing? it took you a whole 30 seconds to get that scrap in here. If we were under attack that would have been your death."

"Margret is scolding pilots who have long since earned their license again. She takes her job of training pilots way too seriously." Tim said in an attempt to start a conversation. John however, had to turn in the usual report and didn't have free time to chat until afterwords. Lower ranking people have it easy, no paperwork for them to do.

The paperwork is done, Tim went underground to the arcade center rather than waiting.
what do you want to do?

There is a city a little bit underground, the boring office east of the hangar, and the pilot training center underground to the west.

yellow, you might have to wait. i'm going to be busy for the next three days, so i may type less than i want to. good night.

Last edited by magic fly; 06-22-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo again...i can never post without typos.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
RandomCommander

John is going to the arcade with Tim. He always wants to mix in the fun with the boring at stalled war times after patrols. He usually goes to the arcade and hangs out in the city afterwards when there is a cease fire, he is a very charismatic guy if not serious.

John in my mind always wanted to practice hard, but when he has a chance, he can show off, too. There are almost always high scores with the initials "RC" on them, some in first, others somewhere in the middle of the highscore charts. He always plays games that test reflexes first, but when he is challenged, he is always obliged to accept it.

In the City, John is somewhat Medium-class. Despite being a starship captain of the Volunteer force, he isn't very wealthy, but not poor either. Whatever bonus money he accumulates, he is free to spend any way he wants, whether he is helping friends, crewmembers, or even helping himself. When faced with a confrontation of serious measures, he gets very serious, and is good at brawling and chess (or whatever new strategical game thing the Slails invented...maybe both?). He is not TOO gifted, though, for he isn't very efficient against an experienced fighter or a Grandmaster (of whatever game).

Thats basically the plan...hope you have a good busy 3 days!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
magic fly

Yellow wizard:

i don't see any good reason whatsoever to have that name for the 16 battalion. so it will just be called 16th battalion.
eer..as for recuperegg, i don't think that ages ago when the bed was first invented they could have come up with a name like that. ordinary bunk beds for all. sorry.

also, what's Screek's eye color? feather color? its not too important, but i feel like I'm missing something without it.

"Why didn't he take the chance to kill the bad guy? fiction heros are too goody-goody for their own good." thought a Slail who was reading a book while lying on his bunk bed near a corner. The name of that particular Slail was Screek Slingclaw, one of the pilots of the 16th solar battalion. Despise the flaws in the story, he was quite enjoying the book. It wasn't often he could get his talons on a day without work or training with unwinnable simulations.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Talip, his squad leader and also the commander of the 16th battalion, walking past the door. Talip is a Slail with dark brown feathers and some stray black feathers above the beak. Talip normally is a very strict person, but sometimes shows kindness. Its usually very hard to figure out is he is in a bad or good mood as he hides it well.

"Weren't you busy overseeing the simulations and pointing out the faults of every single move anyone, and everyone makes?" Screek asked inquisitively.

Talip came to a halt and walked back to the door as if he had just remembered something important.

"I was, but the higher ups summoned me. I almost forgot to mention that you will be taking my place until i get back. Have fun!" Talip said casually, and with a faint smile he kept walking the way he was originally going.

"Just great." Screek said to himself as he hid the book under his bunk's blanket. It would be embarrassing if someone found out he was reading a kid's book. After placing his talons on the floor and stretching, Screek walked out of the door into the smooth steel hall and turned toward the training dome.

After a distance of walking Screek entered a clear tunnel. There was a nice view of the stars in all directions but down. in the clear tunnel it became obvious that the janitors had neglected the cleaning of this area due to the thousands of footprints blocking the downward view. To Screek's right there was another tunnel leading to a different part of the space station. The space station was like a labyrinth with all the tunnels leading from one part to another. Every two years it gets more complex as another tunnel is built and a new structure attached.

Along the way, while daydreaming, Screek bumped shoulders with Aiol. Aiol is a female Slail with maroon colored feathers and speckles of light brown mixed in. She has a brave, but sometimes haughty, and careless personality. Beside her stood Grall, a short, timid Slail whose feathers are brown with a hint of blue. Aiol and Grall are superb pilots, and are also a part of Talip's squad.

"Hey Screek! We just got done with the training session, care to join us at the mobile restaurant that's stopped by the station? It'll be my treat, it isn't often we get to taste anything aside from the gruel over at the mess hall." Aiol offered.

what do you want Screek to do? there isn't any more need to oversee the training because it ended before you got there.
suggestions in case you can't think of anything. I'll include these in the end of most of my posts.

there's a recreation room near the mobile restaurant.
the roost is where you came from.
there's a hangar
the training room.
and of course the mobile restaurant

Dave hasn't been introduced yet, but I'll fit him in the next post for your story.

Last edited by magic fly; 06-24-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: last minute edit again. made a sentence sound better.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

Screek has blue feathers and blue-greenish eyes.

He will go to the mobile restaraunt.

Last edited by . Yellow Wizard .; 06-24-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
RandomCommander

You forgot me, i wanted to go to the arcade with Tim.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
magic fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomCommander View Post
You forgot me, i wanted to go to the arcade with Tim.
i didn't forget, just haven't wrote it yet. i started it after i posted the one for yellow wizard , but electricity went out and i didn't hit the save button. it went from four paragraphs to a single incomplete sentence. so i took a break.
i'm going to be busy for awhile i'll try to do yours tonight.

EDIT : sorry. but you might have to wait a while. i won't finish it tonight and i'll be gone for most of tomorrow. I picked the worst possible week to start this >_>

Last edited by magic fly; 06-24-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
magic fly

sorry for the wait.

Random Commander:

John walked down the dusty tunnel, and at the end of the tunnel he was met with a familiar sight. Sandstone houses lined the main road, most of them with balconys. To a foreigner, the style combined with the technology would be a mismatched sight. A great distance down the main road John could see the faint glow of advertisements and billboards, but rather than walking down that distance, he turned right and set off towards a small steel building.

The door to the building was worn, and the sign above the door indistinguishable, but that didn't matter as most of the people in the area knew what it was. The doorknob made a sandy grinding noise as John turned it. The place was dusty and looked like it hadn't had any customers in a long time. There was an old fashioned desk bell laying on the desk. With a quick stroke of his fingers, John rang the bell. The metallic sound of tools getting haphazardly placed on the floor rang out from a room farther back as a lady and a young lad hurried into the room.

"Good morning. and you are..." The hurried lady spoke as she rushed behind the desk.

"John, and I'm here for displacement." John interrupted bluntly

"Where to?" she asked as if she had been through this routine thousands of times.

"Station 32."John replied as he placed the required money on the desk.

"Just wait in the displacement room as the system starts up."The lady stated after counting the money.

A door opposite the desk slid open to reveal a shiny metal interior reminiscent of an elevator, but round rather than square. Glancing behind him as he walked in, he saw the boy watching intently as the lady worked the controls behind the desk. The boy wore a nametag displaying that he was in training. The door closed behind John and several long quiet seconds passed by. Soon enough, the door opened again to reveal a multicolored crowd of people standing in lines to enter other displacement rooms. Every few seconds one of the doors opened and a group of people walked out. The space they leave is quickly filled by another group of people.

Stepping out of the room, John didn't have to avoid the crowd; not many people wanted to go where he just came from. After making his way out of the double doors that marked the exit of the building, and the start of the busy inner city, John navigated the crowded streets knowing exactly how to get to the arcade that he and Timberly hung out at the most. The front of the arcade was like most other buildings, but it still had a thriving business.

Upon entering, John spotted Timberly and a younger looking boy, about the age of 14, playing a multiplayer game. Walking up to them, he took a look at the game they were playing. They were playing an old-styled real time strategy game against a single computer opponent, and they were losing. After their empires got ultimately crushed, Tim noticed John standing behind them.

"That's creepy. I didn't even notice you were standing right behind me." Tim said with a smile " Done with the paperwork I presume?"

"Yup, and hello to you too." John replied casually. "What happened to make you lose a two on one match against a computer?"

The kid Tim was playing with spoke up "It's a mod I made for the game. The developers have officially added it to the game as an extra difficulty option. want to try it out? It analyses each battle it does and usually gets better tactics each time anyone battles it."

"uuuh, sure" John replied obviously not believing that the mod was programmed by a little kid.

After several thorough defeats in a row, John finally gave up. The familiar "enter coins to play" screen popped up again. No matter what he did, the computer knew a counter tactic to beat him with. He did come close to winning a couple times with some tactics that the computer hadn't seen before, but he was quickly thwarted, and his empire was routed shortly after.

The sound of a mooing cow rang out from John's pocket. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone; It had a text message.

"
Meeting at 5:00
be early!

Message from " Burmin "
"

it is currently 2:15 you have a little time to spare before going to the sudden and unplanned meeting.

what do you want to do?

I'll edit this and add yellow's part into it when I'm done to keep this organized instead of posting again.

Last edited by magic fly; 06-29-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: fixing some typos and punctuation
Old 06-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
RandomCommander

"Son of a space wombat! What could be worse after losing an old fashioned game to a modern computer than a surprise meeting!?" Clearly Stressed since he never lost consecutively against a computer in this particular arcade, John will just spend up till about 4:00 to keep his stress level maintained (playing games, watching matches and whatnot). He never likes to get too angry, it just hurts himself and everyone around him. Afterwards, he'll show up to the meeting, after all, they never said HOW early, and the free caffinated drinks (i would say coffee, but there might've been something different) before meetings sure helps.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
magic fly

rather than editing the previous post, i think I'll just post again. after all its been two days.

Yellow wizard:

"I was told by Talip to supervise the training session while he was gone, but it seems its over. I'll come." Screek replied joyfully.

"Great!" Aiol exclaimed cheerfully.

The group of three walked into the recreation when Screek spotted Dave,a skillful human pilot who is also a part of Talip's squad. Dave was sitting back on a couch reading a book when he noticed Screek.

"Dave." Screek called out. "Care to join us?"

"Don't bother with him." Aiol muttered to Screek, but Screek shook her words off and quietly replied "His meal will be on my wallet."

"uuh, sure. I'll come." Dave responded to Screek's invitation

Aiol grimaced, but made sure not to let anyone notice. She has held a grudge against the humans ever since her elder brother was slain by them 10 years ago just before they surrendered. When she heard that a human was going to join the 16th battalion, she was appalled. The chances of a human passing the biased pilot exam and entering, not one of the 900 lower battalions, but one of the 40 elite battalions was abysmal. Of all of the 80 squads in the 16th, he had to join the same one she was in.

They started walking once again to the place the mobile restaurant was docked. Aiol didn't talk at all on the way, although Dave and Grall had a discussion about the latest pocket power phone. Grall doesn't usually talk much, but he and Dave tended to have conversations whenever they meet. They turned a corner into the bay. A fancy ship with a sign labeled "Trag's Mobile Restaurant" lay parked there. Underneath the decorations Screek could tell that it was a low grade voyager ship. voyager ships have excellent fuel mileage, but suffers from cramped space in the engine room.

The interior of the restaurant was decorated with maroon colored wallpaper and pictures of spectacular scenes of nature. After they ordered the good sounding foods from the unusual menu, Grall picked a good table for the group to take seating at. Shortly after that, the food was served. The variety of the dishes was astounding; all the way from deep fried noodles topped with a thick, tan sauce with exotic fruit mixed into it, to the simpler,but no less tasteful, pork chops dipped in sauce and covered in spices.

Meanwhile, Talip entered the conference room noting that many of the other 40 elite battalion's commander had also come. A couple of the commanders close to the door were having a quiet conversation, otherwise everything was silent. Talip took a seat near the far end of the table, he never liked to be close to the center of the discussion. Rela,a dark brown Slail with a "straight to the point" attitude, took a seat next to Talip after entering the room. Rela is the captain of the 23rd battalion, but she isn't very well liked by most of the people with status due to her occasionally throwing masked insults, with good reason, to a number of them.

Kru, a Slail with a proud demeanor and an air of superiority, entered the room after some waiting. There were about 17 of the 40 elite battalion's commanders present, many of them had stony faces, but a few of them showed personality. The room quieted as Kru walked to the front of the table.

"Due to circumstances, there won't be a discussion. most of the other battalions have already been dispatched. We are to take the initiative before the Verne do." Kru voiced as if he were in an auditorium rather than a small room. " The 34th battalion will group with the 23rd and travel to Ultibo where they will meet up with the 450th to the 480th battalions. Further orders will be given upon arrival." Kru kept listed off orders until finally "...and the 16th will go with the 200th to the 230th near Earth and meet up with the human volunteer force to lead an attack on Yarit. That is all." Kru finished expecting excitement and vigor, but instead was met with silence as the commanders left the room and started sending messages to their battalions and squads telling them to get prepared.

Screek,Dave,Grall,and Aiol gathered at the recreation room, the place Talip's squad was to meet. Three other members of the squad arrived; Bute, a very darkly colored Slail who has always remained calm and boring; Rail, a thin, greenish Slail whose personality is like a spring, he is always either boring or bouncing off the walls, nothing inbetween; and Tinu, a dark orange Slail who doesn't speak much, but has great concentration when she finds a problem to solve. They exchanged greetings after gathering, and soon became quiet. Out of the busy crowd a lightly brown colored Slail walked up to them. His name was Niel, and, aside from Talip, he was the last of the squad needed to gather.

After Talip came and everything was prepared, an explosion rang out from the hangar where the mobile restaurant was docked. The concussion knocked Talip into a table nearby,rendering him unconscious. Three Verne scouts invisible to radar that were equipped with high end missiles launched an attack that was about to be followed up with an army. The hangar that was destroyed had Talip's squad's ships in them. The tunnel leading to the hangar has been sealed to prevent a loss of oxygen in the space port.

what do you want to do?

suggestions:

go to the secondary hangar to search for an extra unused ship.
stay with Talip and the squad.
or whatever you can think of. sorry, i didn't leave it very open ended.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

He will stay.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
magic fly

I am sorry to say, this isn't going to continue. it is way too time consuming to write. I am not a person to write and go, i have to perfect every sentence otherwise I'll hate it.
I liked writing this but i just don't have the time for it anymore.

soo, i'll just show what i wrote for the next part of random's story and then reveal some spoilers for parts of the story i was planning on adding.

"Stinks to be you." Tim said while obnoxiously gazing over John's shoulder at the message

"I've got time still. no need to rush. Want to decide who it stinks to be with a match of Fragile Fighters?" John asked with a sly smile.

Tim chuckled before saying "Don't forget, if we are on the same team, don't use my body as a weapon unless i die. unlike last time."

John and Timberly walked over to the machine labeled Diversion Play and selected Fragile Fighters from a menu of games listed. Tim inserted a device similar to a flash drive into a socket above the controls. "Memory card detected, record game play?" was the message that popped onto the screen. Tim selected the "yes" option. It seems that he wanted to record John's defeats.

"I have to leave, it was fun playing with you two." the kid said while Fragile Fighters loaded. "My name's Kieth, whats yours?"

"John" John responded.

"Timberly, but you can just call me The Awesome Guy if you can't remember my name. C'ya." Tim jokingly responded.

"Bye!" Kieth said as he left the building.

"What's a kid like him doing alone without his parents nearby anyway?" John asked without directing the question to anyone in particular.

The Fragile Fighters main menu track suddenly started playing from behind John. It had finished loading and Tim was selecting the game mode. He selected multiplayer co-op campaign and the difficulty level. John walked up to the machine and put his hands on the controls while the game loaded. A brief wait later, John and Tim's characters were standing idly in a grassy, but dark, forest filled with huge roots sticking out of the ground, sometimes creating mazes. The minimap at the top right displayed several concentrated red dots to the north.

John turned his character to the side and started attacking the base of one of the house sized roots, and surprisingly it fell off. Tim, on the other hand, had collected several branches and stripped them of their leaves to be used as spears for long range support. The two of them charged north to find a hideout within a tangle of roots and caves. In most games, this would have been a stealth mission, but it degraded into something else as John lifted the huge root and sent it slamming down upon the roof of the hideout and the cave system, crushing many of it's inhabitants.

Ninjas, knights, samurai, wizards, and a plethora of mis matched old age warriors of different regions and styles came pouring out as if John had disturbed a bee's hive. They charged at John but were slowed by a barrage of twigs that Tim was sending down from above. John chopped down one of the skyscraper like trees and made it fall onto the path to disrupt his opponents, but it was to no avail as it was blasted into pieces. The barrage stopped as Tim ran out of twigs and sticks to throw. He quickly improvised by falling down behind the army of misfits and picked up the ragdoll corpse of a knight.

The army was almost upon John. Swords and spears of all types were aimed his way, but were suddenly blasted aside by a knight in shining armor; A limp, dead knight in shining armor. John quickly lifted the useful knight and began fending off the army as Tim charged from behind to lend assistance. Weaponry met armored limp limb as the battle raged and the knight was swung in a cyclone of fury and chaos. John couldn't keep alive much longer even with the knight by his side. Everything seemed to play out in slow motion as Tim rushed to the rescue and John fended for his life. One foot after another Tim ran, but out of nowhere, Tim's foot caught on a stray root and he fell.

"Game Over!" were the words that popped up on Tim's screen, and soon John's as well. Fragile Fighters lived up to it's name. Many players have survived battles of epic proportions only to stub their toe and die shortly after. A few seconds later, Timberly and John burst out laughing.

"using a Knight as a long range weapon. That's a new one." John let the words out.

"You should've seen yourself using him like a scythe, spinning in circles." Tim fit in between the now contained laughs

Everything calmed down and was silent again. John spent the rest of his time just messing around various new game demos including the ever popular Final Fantasy 93. After some time, John left the arcade and went to the displacement station to go to the place he was to have the meeting at.

and thats all i wrote.

now for spoilers.

the reason the Slail and Verne were at war.

there was a third race, immaterial beings that could take control of a person, and go from person to person by touching them. they had taken control of the Slail from behind the scenes by possessing the bigwigs. they were fearful of the Verne because the Verne were plants, they couldn't possess them so they tried to eliminate them instead.

other things

Kieth, the kid at the arcade was a prodigy of a programmer, he created a sentient AI who goes by the name Fated who may or may not have entered into the story depending on what happened. I was planning on having Kieth kidnapped by gangsters who held his mother hostage to get him to program some software to transfer money online to the thieves bank accounts without being traced.

he was also going to join John's crew for various reasons, but because of the kidnapping he didn't show up to the meeting he was to be introduced at.

Talip's squad was about to have a battle within the station, the Verne weren't going to destroy the station but boarded it instead because of a hidden piece of technology in the engine room that they intercepted information about.

someday in the future i was planning on having a side story where one of those immaterial biengs possessed the wrong Slail and ended up in a secret facility. He and many other Slail had thier emotions removed to become nothing but killing machines. But he dodged it by going into hibernation while the Slail he was possessing had his emotions removed instead. Slowly, he started to wake up, and afterwords started on a quest for revenge against the heartless people who turned random citizens into killers. no longer a haughty bieng, he would probably make friends with a/some main characters even though they were below his stature. From there he would probably reveal what started the war hundreds of years ago.

it was really annoying how i made the Slail and Verne unable to have a plural name. Slails or Vernes would sound weird.

thats all. It was fun while i had time for it.

If somebody else were to make a choose your own adventure, I'd be very happy to join.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
RandomCommander

Wow.

First, i am sorry to have you quit the game running thing. It really sucks that you don't have enough time to make this an actual cool story or something.

Second, Fragile Fighters sounds like its an awesome game! Funny, too, given you can die on a stubbed toe. I really don't have the skill for 3D implementation of these games, but still, it sounds like a good game to make!

Third, I was planning on making a Choose-your-own-ish adventure myself, though i'd rather call it "Respond-to-the-situation" on my count because there really isn't much of a storyline, you just have to survive until the end, then embark on some epic boss battle or really hard puzzle. It shall be called "Random: The Respond-to-the-situation Forum Game"

Have fun with whatever else you plan on doing!