Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Default End of the world.

According to my alarm clock, the 21st of December is in exactly 1 hour, 29 minutes and 40 seconds as i type this. I believe its total crap and I have gotten angry at people who believe otherwise. I think too logically. Anyhoo, didn't want to bump the old thread cos this is slightly different: what have your peers reactions been. No offence meant too anyone, but Hamumu seems to harbor the more intelligent folk, what are other people doing? Anyone going on epic spending sprees? YOLO cos I YODO tommorow? I havnt noticed much here, although apparently %6 of kiwis think the earths gonna chuck it tommorow. I cant wait :3
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Default Re: End of the world.

I heard some people are celebrating Christmas today. That's just silly
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

All of my friends and associates don't believe it at all, it has just become a constant joke for different things. I think there has been enough people making fun of it at this point that very few people believe it at this point.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

The Mayan Calendar Is Just A 54,000 Year Cycle.So The 21st Of December
Is Just The End Of One Cycle.Do You Know That The Mayans Also Have A
3,000,000 Year Cycle.

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
The Mayan Calendar Is Just A 54,000 Year Cycle.So The 21st Of December
Is Just The End Of One Cycle.Do You Know That The Mayans Also Have A
3,000,000 Year Cycle.
The long count calendar, the one which will end today, is the longest one they have, and spans 13 "baktuns"
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

I'm dead, just verifying that the rest of you died when the world ended.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberclone42 View Post
I'm dead, just verifying that the rest of you died when the world ended.
What do you mean by that.I DON'T UNDERSTAND'.

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Oh, I took a visit to New York. I guess the mayans were right. Man, my birthday was gonna be tomorrow! oh well, I'll just spend it up here.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Its over, we are done here.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Megadog
The Demagogue

I had a conversation last night with someone about whether I'd save them if the Zombie Apocalypse was how it ended. It turned into this most amazing story about running through hordes of zombies with a fire poker and a wooden pole.

If we have to have an apocalypse, I want it to be zombies.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
I had a conversation last night with someone about whether I'd save them if the Zombie Apocalypse was how it ended. It turned into this most amazing story about running through hordes of zombies with a fire poker and a wooden pole.

If we have to have an apocalypse, I want it to be zombies.
Although that would be incredibly horrible. A zombie would definitely be better than a giant meteor just crashing into the earth.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

A zombie apocalypse turns you into a terrible, terrible person.

On the other hand, it is one of the few apocalypse situations where you have the 'fight for your life' ability, and can potentially survive.
That said, any kind of zombie apocalypse that could actually happen, you wouldn't survive. With everyone having guns these days, we live in a pretty zombie-safe world, so if they do start taking over then they probably have some non-typical traits to them which make them extra dangerous/hard to kill.

If in the future someone places a worldwide ban on arms(weapons, not your actual arms!) then you can be certain that there is an evil mastermind working behind the scenes, trying to end the world with zombies. Or a large army of highly armed soldiers, either way.

As a side note to people who theorize about how a zombie apocalypse might go: How strong are you? How much endurance do you have? Got a large metal object for smashing heads with? If so, have you ever actually smashed anything with a large metal object? How many zombies could you even fend off before becoming exhausted?
Though more importantly, are you going to run to the store, or barricade your home? Maybe run off into the wilderness and live away from it all? Each of those can easily get you killed, and it might not even be the zombies that do it. As I said, it turns people into terrible people.

As a side note to the Mayan Calendar end of the world.... Don't be relieved it didn't happen. There's still time. For all you know, the end of the calendar just marks the start of the end times.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 12-21-2012 at 04:57 PM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #13
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
A zombie apocalypse turns you into a terrible, terrible person.

On the other hand, it is one of the few apocalypse situations where you have the 'fight for your life' ability, and can potentially survive.
That said, any kind of zombie apocalypse that could actually happen, you wouldn't survive. With everyone having guns these days, we live in a pretty zombie-safe world, so if they do start taking over then they probably have some non-typical traits to them which make them extra dangerous/hard to kill.

If in the future someone places a worldwide ban on arms(weapons, not your actual arms!) then you can be certain that there is an evil mastermind working behind the scenes, trying to end the world with zombies. Or a large army of highly armed soldiers, either way.

As a side note to people who theorize about how a zombie apocalypse might go: How strong are you? How much endurance do you have? Got a large metal object for smashing heads with? If so, have you ever actually smashed anything with a large metal object? How many zombies could you even fend off before becoming exhausted?
Though more importantly, are you going to run to the store, or barricade your home? Maybe run off into the wilderness and live away from it all? Each of those can easily get you killed, and it might not even be the zombies that do it. As I said, it turns people into terrible people.

As a side note to the Mayan Calendar end of the world.... Don't be relieved it didn't happen. There's still time. For all you know, the end of the calendar just marks the start of the end times.
I only like it as an idea because it allows a small number of us to survive. I don't think that any apocalypse should kill ALL of humanity...
Old 12-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

A meteor smashing into Earth only kills the people on Earth. Same with the zombies, or megastorms, or other natural/unnatural disasters (I'm looking at you, LHC!).

We should really get to work colonizing Mars, or get a self-sustaining space station to float way out away from Earth.

Something. Then we wouldn't have to worry about being an insignificant spec that could be wiped out by any number of horrible things.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 12-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #15
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
only kills the people on Earth.
Quote:
(I'm looking at you, LHC!).
Because a black whole that just swallowed our planet won't have any chance of swallowing the rest of our solar system.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I said a space station far away from Earth. I never specified how far! (I did specify a Mars colony though. That'd at least cover us from most disasters)

Ideally the space station would just keep going, maybe to one of those new 'Earth-like' or 'water planets' they have been finding. Maybe with some FTL travel too, if that ever pans out to be a possibility.

Anyway, the LHC can do things other than just create black holes. The whole thing is just a doomsday disaster roulette wheel. Red, black, either way we're all dead.
I guess I'm not just referring to the LHC itself, but the entire scientific community over there.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #17
calthax
Karyian

The world ending is not ending, whoa.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Mini-bump.

And Calthax, what?