Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Felixrain
has transformed!
 
Felixrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Posts: 736
Default Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Welcome one and all to the not-so-grand spectacle that is DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 3 MAFIA!

Players:
- Megadog
- Pewskeepski
- Tylerseeg
- CheeseLord
- Texasjoshua
- Magic Fly
- Darkguyhades
- Sakura-Chan
- Hammer Up!
- Sonicchaos1993
- SpaceManiac
- Bowserfan

All roles have been sent. It is now Night 1! Please send me night actions if you have any. Deadline in 48 hours.
__________________
Tropical Trouble - 100%! Hooray!!!
Quote:
If anyone does a starting akin, accomplish it about also-ran. He is the absurd adventure bold's capital appearance (usually)!
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Felixrain
has transformed!
 
Felixrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Posts: 736
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Oh yes, please send confirmations as well.
__________________
Tropical Trouble - 100%! Hooray!!!
Quote:
If anyone does a starting akin, accomplish it about also-ran. He is the absurd adventure bold's capital appearance (usually)!
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
Felixrain
has transformed!
 
Felixrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.
Posts: 736
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

All was peaceful in the Northern Kremisphere until the Kremling underlings decided that they'd have a much better chance of actually winning if they joined the Kongs. Enraged at this, Baron K. Roolenstein and some of his Scraftiest minions went undercover into the town, trying to destroy them from the inside.
That night, the villains struck. Bowserfan was crawling back to his house when he noticed someone was coming. He laid down flat, hoping that his wooden plank would camouflage him. Unfortunately, it didn't. A laser made a big hole in his wood and then subsequently fried him.
The next day, the town found a very black spider and a few bits of charred wood around it in the town square.

Bowserfan thought he was safe, but he wasn't! He was the NID!
Quote:
You are...




NID!

You are a townie. You hop up and down all day and can bounce people high up once they step on your wooden plank. You have been able to use this to help the town. Each night, PM me who you want to bounce up and they will be immune to mafia killing for that night only. Good luck!
He gets a last gasp.
With this new threat at hand, the Town decided to vote for someone to lynch each day and hopefully kill off the mafia.

Alive Players:
- Megadog
- Pewskeepski
- Tylerseeg
- CheeseLord
- Texasjoshua
- Magic Fly
- Darkguyhades
- Sakura-Chan
- Hammer Up!
- Sonicchaos1993
- SpaceManiac

Dead Players:
- Bowserfan (Thought He Was Safe, Night 1; Nid/Doctor)

It is now Day 1! It is six to lynch. Deadline in 5 days.
__________________
Tropical Trouble - 100%! Hooray!!!
Quote:
If anyone does a starting akin, accomplish it about also-ran. He is the absurd adventure bold's capital appearance (usually)!
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Only conclusion I can draw is that CL DIDN'T die night 1, indicating he's either mafia, or we have an inexperienced town. Really early in game, and too early to call a lynch on this, but it's food for thought.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery
 
Pewskeepski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A deep, dark, icy dungeon beneath Antarctica!
Posts: 1,269
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Why does the doctor always die so soon

Anyway, I find it interesting that the mafia chose to kill Bowserfan... like Megadog said, CheeseLord didn't die, but I would think the mafia would kill someone like Texasjoshua, or Sonicchaos1993 as they are quite experienced as well.
__________________
There is no such thing as a stupid idea.
Pewskeepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect
 
CheeseLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The dead center of the universe.
Posts: 1,590
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Or the mafia figured I was likely to be protected, or sonic's mafia and decided not to kill me to make himself less suspicious, or there's a mafia cop and inspections are revealed before the end of the night, etc. I find it interesting that you immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm evil because I didn't die night one, rather than any of the other possible scenarios.
__________________
There is often a method to the madness, but always a madness to the method.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
Why does the doctor always die so soon

Anyway, I find it interesting that the mafia chose to kill Bowserfan... like Megadog said, CheeseLord didn't die, but I would think the mafia would kill someone like Texasjoshua, or Sonicchaos1993 as they are quite experienced as well.
I feel honored that I'm a choice for a night one kill

Because Sonic is in the game that changes elements completely. For those who don't know CL and SC are rated on the same danger level in my head.... It's possible that one of them is mafia, both of them are mafia, neither of them are mafia. Thank you I know that's helpful.
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Sakura-chan
Banned
 
Sakura-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 341
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Vote: Sonic

Not really basing this on anything. It's just what my instincts tell me. Either him or Cheese should be lynched today, I think. Not lynching anyone the first day didn't end so well in the last game, so let's not make the same mistake again.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect
 
CheeseLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The dead center of the universe.
Posts: 1,590
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
Either him or Cheese should be lynched today, I think.
As a general rule, it's not wise to lynch the better players purely on the basis that they haven't died by the first day. There's not much evidence to support it, and if you're wrong you've lost a good player and given the mafia another free kill. Now, if we're both still alive in two days, that's a red flag that you probably ought to look into, but surviving night one isn't much of a reason.

I do agree that we'll probably want to lynch someone today, but doing so just for the sake of making a lynch is a very bad idea. It helps wait until there's a conversation going before actually lynching anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski
Why does the doctor always die so soon
This sounds like gloating to me. And because the first day is about taking small evidence and blowing it out of proportion, Vote: Pewskeepski.
__________________
There is often a method to the madness, but always a madness to the method.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
Vote: Sonic

Not really basing this on anything. It's just what my instincts tell me. Either him or Cheese should be lynched today, I think. Not lynching anyone the first day didn't end so well in the last game, so let's not make the same mistake again.
That doesn't make much sense, even if one of them is mafia we won't know which and the mafia will simply kill the other one before they can give us good info, eventually one of them will gather a lot of info and reveal it to us when the mafia realizes they are to good players to keep around :P

Of course CL goes along with his normal idea of generating info by voting someone who isn't even really worthy of suspicion in order to get people talking to find suspicious people
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Sakura-chan
Banned
 
Sakura-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 341
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

If Cheese isn't Mafia, isn't he just doing to die soon anyway?>_>

Like I said last game, we have to vote for someone, because not lynching anyone isn't a good idea. The only person who has anything to go on is the investigative role, which I assume there is one. And even they probably don't have a guilty verdict on anyone. So, we will most likely vote randomly.

Let's get a lynch as soon as possible?
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
If Cheese isn't Mafia, isn't he just doing to die soon anyway?>_>

Like I said last game, we have to vote for someone, because not lynching anyone isn't a good idea. The only person who has anything to go on is the investigative role, which I assume there is one. And even they probably don't have a guilty verdict on anyone. So, we will most likely vote randomly.

Let's get a lynch as soon as possible?
Yes, Cheese will probably be night killed soon anyway and that's my point, why would we waste a lynch on him? CL's whole plan is built around gathering evidence day one. When people start posting he and Sonic will pull through for us. I'll post my own analysis of course though. I have actually come to appreciate the kind of thing CL does
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

And no, we don't want a lynch as soon as possible. We want to be able to analyze what everyone is doing, otherwise the mafia can just jump on the random-vote and everyone will just go "oops, to bad." Giving them a free kill.
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal
 
darkguyhades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 709
Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
If Cheese isn't Mafia, isn't he just doing to die soon anyway?>_>

Like I said last game, we have to vote for someone, because not lynching anyone isn't a good idea. The only person who has anything to go on is the investigative role, which I assume there is one. And even they probably don't have a guilty verdict on anyone. So, we will most likely vote randomly.

Let's get a lynch as soon as possible?
A Day 1 no-lynch isn't inherently bad and a Day 1 lynch isn't inherently good. The most important thing is to gather evidence. As long as everyone posts, the longer the day phase is the better.
__________________
darkguyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #15
Sakura-chan
Banned
 
Sakura-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 341
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

It's only the first day, so there really isn't anything to analyze, even whe people post. That's why there usually isn't a lynch. I don't want that to happen again.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal
 
darkguyhades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 709
Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
It's only the first day, so there really isn't anything to analyze, even whe people post. That's why there usually isn't a lynch. I don't want that to happen again.
Last game I (correctly) figured you out as anti-town day 1. It is possible to figure things out, even before the second nightkill.
__________________
darkguyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
Sakura-chan
Banned
 
Sakura-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 341
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

No way to prove that.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect
 
CheeseLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The dead center of the universe.
Posts: 1,590
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

There's always a lot to analyze if people are posting. The point of the first day is to invent enough evidence to get them posting. Make something up if you have to. Once the discussion is going, it generates more evidence, which in turn gets more discussion going. Repeat until there is enough information to make a lynch.

And of course, the reaction is everything. People play more erratically when they're accused, which is the easiest time to see which side they're really on. They play even more erratically when a known ally is accused.

Also, for what it's worth, I picked Sakura and texasjoshua out as evil on the first day last game too. It's definitely possible to get enough evidence that early.
__________________
There is often a method to the madness, but always a madness to the method.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal
 
darkguyhades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 709
Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
No way to prove that.
I've re-read this post several times and I have no idea what you're saying. Are you saying that there's no way to prove that you can analyze evidence on day 1 or are you saying that there's no way to prove that you were anti-town? If the former, it has already been proven by my example. If the latter, then while you are technically right, it's better to analyze evidence ad go from there than to random vote. Random voting gets us nowhere if we have evidence that may lead to an anti-town lynch.
__________________
darkguyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
Sakura-chan
Banned
 
Sakura-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 341
Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

This forum isn't active enough for anything else. Look what happened during the end of Mafia 13. The game just dragged on. That's why Chaos didn't sign up for this one and is probably not coming back here. Neither of us enjoy games that drag on endlessly.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia SIGNUPS! Felixrain Mafia & Forum Games 24 08-27-2011 11:58 AM
Mafia Game #A22- Post-Mortem Mafia! (Sign-ups) Coolguy Mafia & Forum Games 22 01-16-2009 04:11 PM
Mafia Game A11 - Absolutely Normal Mafia Sign Ups blackmyth Mafia & Forum Games 32 09-12-2008 04:08 PM
Mafia Game AB9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia Gameplay/Idea Thread Wesley Mafia & Forum Games 3 04-20-2008 10:41 PM
Donkey Kong blackmyth Non-Hamumu Games 7 08-27-2005 12:13 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.