CheeseLord
darkguyhades
Felixrain
hyperme
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
SpaceManiac
texasjoshua

PMs will be sent shortly. Deadlines will be as strict as possible: 72 hour day, 48 hour night (but only that long if necessary - if 24 hours have passed and all PMs are in, day will start), no exceptions. This game should be fast paced. All players must either post during the day or send me a PM during the night. Two consecutive phases with 0 activity will result in replacement. Night starts now, you have until 1:30 UTC on Sunday, October 23 to send in PMs if you have them.

Please note that all times are in 24-hour time and in UTC to minimalize confusion.

Good luck, players.

Last edited by Julian; 10-22-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: 22 != 23
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Re: Hamumu All-Stars Mafia Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Players:

CheeseLord
darkguyhades
Felixrain
hyperme
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
SpaceManiac
texasjoshua

PMs will be sent shortly. Deadlines will be as strict as possible: 72 hour day, 48 hour night (but only that long if necessary - if 24 hours have passed and all PMs are in, day will start), no exceptions. This game should be fast paced. All players must either post during the day or send me a PM during the night. Two consecutive phases with 0 activity will result in replacement. Night starts now, you have until 1:30 UTC on Sunday, October 22 to send in PMs if you have them.

Please note that all times are in 24-hour time and in UTC to minimalize confusion.

Good luck, players.
Sunday is the 23rd...

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

It is now day 1. Felixrain has died, he was a member of the town. Day will end either when a lynch is made or in 72 hours, at 14:00 on Wednesday.

Alive Players:
CheeseLord
darkguyhades
hyperme
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
SpaceManiac
texasjoshua

Dead players:
Felixrain - town (killed NIght 1)
Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Okay, not really very much anyone can say so far. I'm going to attempt to use tactics to make people talk(which probably wont work as well since everyone here is experienced.)

And Random Vote:: Seamonkey

1-6
Rolled a 4
11:20:14 Texasjoshua rolls a 4 on a 6-sided die.\
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

I guessing we've got 2 mafia and a town power role* in our mists. This means the mafia% of players will grow quickly if we mis-lynch.

I'll avoid a random vote, since it's will be obvious that it's random, and therefore it's unlikely to make much of an impact.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

There isn't too much that can be said right now. If I recall correctly, in the other mafia all-star thread, Julian said he was using a 2 mafia, 1 cop setup. This should be obvious, but the cop should not speak up unless he finds a mafia (and even then might want to wait so he can find the second mafia).

I agree with hyperme that random voting in this game is pointless. Everybody here should be active enough and experienced enough to defeat the purpose of random voting.

Other than that, there isn't much more to say until some more people post.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 10-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Julian
Is a ninja

Yes, this game is using 1 cop, 2 mafia, 5 townies.

Votes:

Seamonkey - 1 (Texasjoshua)
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjoshua View Post
Okay, not really very much anyone can say so far. I'm going to attempt to use tactics to make people talk(which probably wont work as well since everyone here is experienced.)

And Random Vote:: Seamonkey

1-6
Rolled a 4
11:20:14 Texasjoshua rolls a 4 on a 6-sided die.\
Amazing!! I was going to say the exact same thing!!! except of course I wouldn't vote for myself.

ANYWHO logically the situation is something like this:
there are two mafia. One cop, who either has a proven townie or a mafia, and of course the four townies. Hmmm...Thats about it....
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I appear not to be dead. Clearly that means I'm mafia. Now, with that out of the way, what do we know?

The best thing we can do at this stage of the game is bring forward vague and irrelevant accusations and look at the reactions. We don't have much hard evidence to go on, so there's not much we can do but blow details out of proportion until someone slips up. So, does anyone see anything that might look a little bit suspicious?

Having the town direct the inspections might be advisable in this setup. Clearly the cop can't come forward just yet, but if the town chooses the inspections, we can know who has been investigated, and assume innocence unless the cop tells us otherwise. Thoughts?

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
seamonkey
spoon eater

On directing cop movements: the only problem I see with that is while hopefully it should be a good game, we are all experienced so having the cop step forward with a single mafia doesn't seem like the best idea in my opinion.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #11
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

This game can last for at most two more nights, assuming we don't no lynch. I'd be surprised if we found both mafia in that time. We're much more likely to find one by inspection and the other by association.

Of course, if we do choose to direct the inspection, we need to decide who to inspect tonight. I'd be in favor of someone who doesn't say much, as we've got a lot less information to work with there. Clearly this is subject to change if someone says something suspicious, but in the absence of evidence, that would be my first instinct.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
There isn't too much that can be said right now. If I recall correctly, in the other mafia all-star thread, Julian said he was using a 2 mafia, 1 cop setup. This should be obvious, but the cop should not speak up unless he finds a mafia (and even then might want to wait so he can find the second mafia).

I agree with hyperme that random voting in this game is pointless. Everybody here should be active enough and experienced enough to defeat the purpose of random voting.

Other than that, there isn't much more to say until some more people post.
As I said, was simply a method in order to try getting people to talk, no harm too it and it partially worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord View Post
I appear not to be dead. Clearly that means I'm mafia. Now, with that out of the way, what do we know?

The best thing we can do at this stage of the game is bring forward vague and irrelevant accusations and look at the reactions. We don't have much hard evidence to go on, so there's not much we can do but blow details out of proportion until someone slips up. So, does anyone see anything that might look a little bit suspicious?

Having the town direct the inspections might be advisable in this setup. Clearly the cop can't come forward just yet, but if the town chooses the inspections, we can know who has been investigated, and assume innocence unless the cop tells us otherwise. Thoughts?
The problem I have with this is the fact that last time it was suggested it worked fully in the mafia's favor and benefited the town little if at all. With the town controlling it the cop could be easily manipulated onto the mafia's side. The cop should do their own thing I think.

In other news Unvote Seamonkey. Keeping the vote on is pointless.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #13
Julian
Is a ninja

Votes:

None.

Day ends in approximately 2 days. Likely a bit more, since I'm at school until about 19:00, and I probably will not get a chance to end day during school.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjoshua View Post
As I said, was simply a method in order to try getting people to talk, no harm too it and it partially worked.

The problem I have with this is the fact that last time it was suggested it worked fully in the mafia's favor and benefited the town little if at all. With the town controlling it the cop could be easily manipulated onto the mafia's side. The cop should do their own thing I think.

In other news Unvote Seamonkey. Keeping the vote on is pointless.
How didn't this plan help the town in mafia 14 (I assume that's the game you're referring to)? It allowed us to clear me as a bulletproof townie early on, and definitely helped narrow down the list of possible mafia at the end.

If we do use this strategy, however, I would think that inspecting SpaceManiac would be the best choice, as he hasn't said anything yet and typically doesn't post very often in mafia games.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
How didn't this plan help the town in mafia 14 (I assume that's the game you're referring to)? It allowed us to clear me as a bulletproof townie early on, and definitely helped narrow down the list of possible mafia at the end.

If we do use this strategy, however, I would think that inspecting SpaceManiac would be the best choice, as he hasn't said anything yet and typically doesn't post very often in mafia games.
Actually now that I think about it your right. I forgot I had played as mafia in that game. It just hurt us :P So absolutely I'm game for it. I agree SM first then probably Sonic or CL. Good to know when we are heading toward late game if one of them are mafia.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

SpaceManiac and Darkguyhades haven't posted yet. This makes them better cop targets if we do the Cop direction thing. I do think it would be helpful for us to decide who the cop targets, since we can use it as a semi-proof of town-ness if the cop doesn't reveal the person as Mafia. Of course, it does require the Cop to go along with the plan. However, it would be working against the Cop's goal in a way, which is to help the town by finding Mafia and clearing townies.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal

Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades

I'm here, but I do not yet have anything to say. Anything I've thought to say has already been said.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
Julian
Is a ninja

Night falls with no lynch. Night ends at 20:00 Friday.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
Julian
Is a ninja

It is now day 2. Spacemaniac has died, he was a regular townie.

Alive Players:
CheeseLord
darkguyhades
hyperme
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
texasjoshua

Dead players:
Felixrain - town (killed NIght 1)
SpaceManiac - town (killed Night 2)

Day ends at 20:00 on November 1st, or whenever I get home after that.

Apologies for this delay, I was quite busy these last two days.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #20
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

I wouldn't call that a loss, since SM didn't post.

However, if we mis-lynch today, the mafia wins. However, not lynching puts yus at a disadvantage too.

More tomorrow, since my internet is about to stop.