Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017
Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
fourwind
Lord of Blobs
 
fourwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunny meadows asylum.
Posts: 319
Default Mistville

WELCOME TO MISTVILLE!


Hey everybody, it's me again. This time we're going to write a story.

When you post, you write out a couple sentences and wait for people to write sentences too. Then if you want, you can write more.
I know this is going to evolve into something ridiculous, but even so I made some rules to keep it from becoming too random or insane.

RULES:
1. Obey the Hamumu forum rules.
2. There can be no ending to the story, make sure every part is either open for new parts, or concludes a cohesive thought, not the entire story. Basically don't kill the character off or wrap everything up.
3. Grammar is not required but do try your best to not sound silly.
4. The story takes place in a small town called Mistville, with 3 surrounding areas:
The woods, the lake and the cave. You cannot let the character leave these areas. Dream sequences and alternate dimensions are fine, as long as they never become permanent.
5. The genre of the story is not exact, but supernatural and extraterrestrial occurrences often happen in Mistville.
6. Finally, the main character is whoever is reading it. That means "you". Never hint that the character is any gender.

Lets get this train wreck rolling!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mistville is a strange town in an unknown part of America, where strange and ridiculous things happen on a daily basis. Thousands of stories come from Mistville each day, this is but one of them.

Its a regular day at Mist High, and you're bored out of your mind. The teacher keeps going on and on about some kind of single celled organism that can survive extreme conditions or something. Just when you're about to fall asleep you hear a knock on the window. You turn around to see a creepy looking man smiling at you. Nobody else seemed to have noticed, so you ask the teacher if you can use the bathroom and leave the classroom. You go outside and look around for the man and see nothing. Was he just your bored imagination making something up? Suddenly, a hand grabs your shoulder.
__________________
Fourwind


Last edited by fourwind; 11-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms
 
.Blue Dwarf.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Saving the World, one pond at a time.
Posts: 1,443
Default Re: Mistville

You turn and see some ghastly creature grabbing at you! Before you can react the creature is upon you, munching on your intestines.
Your head slams on the desk, you look around and you're back in the classroom, everyone is staring and giggling a bit. The teacher has an angry look on his face since you fell asleep in his class.
After that brief period of excitement the teacher goes back to lecturing.
You stare out the window once again and see something move in the distant woods.

As a thick fog begins to roll into town, it reveals a handprint on the window infront of you....
__________________
Eh. Have some smilies I guess.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 11-04-2011 at 05:22 PM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
fourwind
Lord of Blobs
 
fourwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunny meadows asylum.
Posts: 319
Default Re: Mistville

You shake your head in disbelief. Are you still asleep? You pinch yourself to check, but are definitely awake. You decide to ignore it to avoid any more embarrassment. The bell rings and you're free for the weekend! Your start to head home when you remember the hand print. Why does it seem so significant? It was probably just some kid who touched the glass, but that doesn't explain movement in the woods so close to town. And so, for whatever reason, you turn around and head towards the woods. You know the rangers keep the woods free of dangerous things, so what's the worst that could happen?
__________________
Fourwind


Last edited by fourwind; 11-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mistville

You begin walking home,as usual, still nervous about the hand-print on the window. Your friend Brian decides to walk home with you, since he lives in the same neighborhood. You consider telling him about what you saw but you shake it out of your head. He finally drops off to his house and you keep walking. As you approach your house(one of the closer ones to the forest) you notice a rustling in the woods, and large red eyes peer out at you. You sprint for your house rushing in the front door slamming it behind you.
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
fourwind
Lord of Blobs
 
fourwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunny meadows asylum.
Posts: 319
Default Re: Mistville

(( Whoa, whoa wait... what just happened there? You continued into the woods, and then continued home as usual? Oh well, I guess weird inconsistencies are bound to happen. ))


Hand prints? Red eyes? What is going on? You're suddenly startled by your mom. "How was school?" she asks. You don't reply, but instead shakily climb the stairs into your room. You' lay down on your bed and take a nap. When you wake up, you wonder why your mom hasn't called you down for dinner. You run down the stairs to find that all the lights are off. You turn on the kitchen lights and spot a note on the table that reads
"Your father and I have gone out for the night, and will be back rather late. There is some macaroni in the fridge. Don't stay up too late!"
You put the note down, and walk over to the fridge.

You open the fridge to find a bowl of macaroni among other less appetizing things. You take the bowl out and turn around, only to drop the bowl on the floor. Standing right in front of you, is the man you saw in your dream. His eyes glow red, and his creepy smile pierces into your soul. Your mind suddenly goes blank, and all you can see is the mans face. But suddenly you remember something: This isn't the first time you've seen this man. Memories of his face flood your brain, reminding you of these occurrences.

He was there at your sisters funeral.
There when your dog got run over.
There when your friend fell out of the sycamore tree.
This man is death. And you're tired of his face. You reach for a knife, and decide to stop this madness once and for all.


(( Well I just made some back story for "you". Lets see where this goes then eh? ))
__________________
Fourwind


Last edited by fourwind; 11-06-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Bobs your jolly uncle!
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms
 
.Blue Dwarf.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Saving the World, one pond at a time.
Posts: 1,443
Default Re: Mistville

You lunge forward with the knife and stab at the aparition, you fall through him as he turns into a poof of black smoke. An eerie laughter fills the room. It continues to get louder and louder, you grab your ears and try to block out the sound. Then the light in the kitchen blows out, and the windows shatter. Silence floods into the room. You wonder if you might be dreaming again, and lightly poke your arm with the knife. OWCH! That was a dumb idea... You pick up the macaroni and stick it in the microwave, you haven't eaten since lunch at school and if you're going to be battling Death, you will need your strength.

Thankfully the microwave didn't burst. While your meal is cooking you look out the broken window and notice a couple of figures standing out in the distance. They are just standing there, staring at your house.

You run to lock the doors and begin searching for something to barricade the windows. Though you know you won't be able to last on your own in the house, you will need to buy some time to prepare a plan.
__________________
Eh. Have some smilies I guess.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Mistville

((that's almost exactly what I would have done :P @fourwind: His house in neighboring the forest, he didn't venture into the forest but the road borders the forest))

You rush around searching for supplies and items you could use when the telephone rings, you hesitate but decide to answer it. You pick up the phone and ask "Hello?" but there is no answer for several seconds. You recognize the voice on the other end, its the mysterious man. "You know there is no sense in trying to fight us don't you? It would be much easier for you just to come with us. You know what we want, think about it. You will start to remember. And there is only one solution....." The phone line goes dead and the lights to your house go out.
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
fourwind
Lord of Blobs
 
fourwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunny meadows asylum.
Posts: 319
Default Re: Mistville

"We?" you think. You look outside. The 2 figures have multiplied to many more. Its not safe here, no matter how well you defend yourself. You rack your mind trying to find some kind of idea of what he is talking about, when it starts to pour rain outside. You go to the microwave and take out the macaroni. You put the lid on it and run out the front door, grabbing your jacket as you pass by. The figures have multiplied again, completely surrounding the house. Where it was previously light outside, everything has gone dark. You hesitate, and then run at the figures with the knife in front of you. When you make contact, they dissipate into black smoke. You need to find a place to hide, and it appears nobody on your street is home. There is only two you can think of, the woods or the store your uncle owns. You'd rather explain this to your uncle than get lost in the woods, so you sprint off towards downtown.
__________________
Fourwind


Last edited by fourwind; 11-08-2011 at 06:59 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.