Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
Anti-Legal Anti-Use (they should remain illegal, and you never want to use them personally) 6 26.09%
Pro-Legal Pro-Use (You want them to be legal, and you may or may not plan on using them) 4 17.39%
Pro-Legal Anti-Use (You think they should be legal, but you personally wouldn't use them) 12 52.17%
Anit-Legal Pro-Use (You want to break the law, and be a rebel) 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Simple, where is your basic standing for most, currently illegal drugs?
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
Simple, where is your basic standing for most, currently illegal drugs?
I am going to say pro-legal, anti-use. I want to use marijuana, but that's it. I am never going to get near drugs like meth, cocaine or heroin. That doesn't mean I don't want them to be legal. Legalizing them will reduce crime, and ensure that drug users get quality drugs.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms
 
.Blue Dwarf.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Saving the World, one pond at a time.
Posts: 1,443
Thumbs down Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Again, I think this topic is totally not appropriate, kids shouldn't be coming to the Hamumu forums and seeing DRUGS discussed in every forum. And I'm sure parents won't appreciate their kids reading about these topics either (especially the arguments for pro-drug use).

I am shocked that this has been able to go on. It just seems to me like this is not at all the right place to be discussing these things.
I did vote on your poll though, might as well since its probably there to stay (because apparently only me and pewskeepski have any doubt that this is appropriate)



Also: "Pro legal, anti use, I just want them to be legal and I want to use them..." <-My take on above post. You don't need to use EVERY drug if they are legalized you know, the want to use even one would stick you in pro-use.
__________________
Eh. Have some smilies I guess.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 11-10-2011 at 05:45 AM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads
 
Boneheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Utah, United States
Posts: 1,249
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

I think it's inappropriate for hamumu, BD. I don't think Jamul cares that much though, since hamumu has been becoming less Family-friendly very slowly.

I mean, think about it. A few years back we didn't really have any of these fight ("conversations", PE says they are) threads and we all helped each other in a nice manner. Now we're trashing the forums with fights about Marijuana.

Anywho, on-topic:

I'll have to say any choice that says anything Illegal should stay illegal, and anything legal COULD stay legal, but should turn Illegal. I will never personally use them, as they destroy your life & reputation.
__________________
Website
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Look, if the whole morality of the atomic bomb conversation is okay in your book, why aren't drugs? I mean, one has mentions of genocide, one doesn't.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod
 
OurEminentDoomsayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 101
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

It's not that Hamumu is getting less family friendly, it's just that it's beginning to deal with more serious social issues. Various organizations have been advertising an anti-drugs agenda to children for decades, but legalization and drug use are another side of the same coin. Why shouldn't they be also discussed with the youth?
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery
 
Pewskeepski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A deep, dark, icy dungeon beneath Antarctica!
Posts: 1,269
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Legalizing the green stuff isn't going to do much 'cause people are going to take taking them anyway. I believe they should be outlawed just because I am against those kinds of things from the start. But it's not only the drugs that bug me, it is the reason people take them.

I guess Jamul thinks this is more of a political argument? After all, we aren't talking about drugs, we're talking about whether they should or shouldn't illegal. Still, I think this is pushing it.
__________________
There is no such thing as a stupid idea.
Pewskeepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
Legalizing the green stuff isn't going to do much 'cause people are going to take taking them anyway.
Less crime! I explained that over in the GB thread.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

I'm saying pro-legal pro-use, solely because I do plan on drinking alcohol occasionally once I turn 21.

Concerning the Hamumu-appropriateness of these threads, I personally think that this is a legitimate political discussion and as such does not violate Hamumu rules. As long as things aren't turning into flamewars or people are encouraging others to use illegal drugs, this should still stay within the boundaries of the rules.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater
 
. Yellow Wizard .'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHIZ
Posts: 259
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
I'm saying pro-legal pro-use, solely because I do plan on drinking alcohol occasionally once I turn 21.

Concerning the Hamumu-appropriateness of these threads, I personally think that this is a legitimate political discussion and as such does not violate Hamumu rules. As long as things aren't turning into flamewars or people are encouraging others to use illegal drugs, this should still stay within the boundaries of the rules.
PE's openly advocating marijuana, and I think it will turn into telling others vewry quickly.
__________________
no
CHIZ
. Yellow Wizard . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

SC, for the sake of things, I said illegal drugs. As cigarettes and alcohol are currently legal, there's no need to worry about them.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic
 
texasjoshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Not Texas :(
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

I am against any drugs unofficial to your health, but i think it would solve countless issues and there are drugs that do help all over the country. I agree on the morals but as many others have said just because its what I think doesn't mean you have to believe it. This area goes in the same direction as religious tolerances. Are you going to allow people to believe what they want?
__________________
Quote:
We are GWF. You will be assmilated. Your post making distinctiveness will be added to our own. You threads will be adapted to serve us. Resistance is Futile.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the Lemons back! Get Mad! I don't want your lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.
Moderator
 
sonicchaos1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Definately not behind you
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by . Yellow Wizard . View Post
PE's openly advocating marijuana, and I think it will turn into telling others vewry quickly.
From what I can see, he is advocating the legalization of marijuana. I don't see him saying that people should use it.
__________________

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Pro-Leg, Anti-Use. See the GB thread for my arguments and reasons.
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #15
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
I think it's inappropriate for hamumu, BD. I don't think Jamul cares that much though, since hamumu has been becoming less Family-friendly very slowly.

I mean, think about it. A few years back we didn't really have any of these fight ("conversations", PE says they are) threads and we all helped each other in a nice manner. Now we're trashing the forums with fights about Marijuana.
There is nothing wrong with having conversations and debates. Only authoritarian regimes silence opposing viewpoints, because they know they hurt them. Refusing to hear someone else's points or denying them dogmatically without actually addressing them is willful ignorance.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
fourwind
Lord of Blobs
 
fourwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunny meadows asylum.
Posts: 319
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

We spend far too much money on stopping the use of narcotics, when we could be using the money for more important things.
Yes, most drugs are very dangerous but some are a lot less dangerous than alcohol, and they are wildly illegal. Main problem: If we legalize drugs in some way, and begin to tax them, it will probably fix problems as long as we keep it up. You can never go back on legalizing it, unless you want a repeat of Prohibition, on a much less devastating scale.

I don't really think this is Hamumu appropriate either, but I guess if I can I should tell my side of the issue.

Speaking of which, will people still be selling narcotics if we tax them? Do people illegally sell cigarettes on the street?
__________________
Fourwind


Last edited by fourwind; 11-11-2011 at 10:27 PM.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
magic fly
superpowered fly of failure
 
magic fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 153
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

sonic, just because its a legitimate political discussion doesn't mean its family friendly. A good civilized discussion about something very awful could be a legitimate political discussion but does that mean you would post it on these forums? The standards from one place to the next are different. I think that discussions about drugs has no place here.


Nonetheless, I'll be a hypocrite and post my thoughts on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
Legalizing them will reduce crime, and ensure that drug users get quality drugs.
Lets just say that somewhere there was no laws and people did all sorts of very nasty things, and i mean very nasty. Would you say that the crime rate was high? because there isn't a law, nobody is committing a crime no matter what they do.
Of course legalizing those drugs will reduce crime because there will no longer be a law saying not to do that anymore. Does that mean its morally right to legalize it?

where i stand:
using drugs in medical applications is okay, but the other use is pointless and harmful to both the user and their friends/family, and in the case of smoking it is harmful to everyone you pass by on the street.
anti legal anti use.
magic fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

@MF: Whoa dude, just because Drugs are legalized doesn't mean that the world will fall in to anarchy. People who harm other people get arrested because they hurt people. The way i think it should work is that if someone is arrested for hurting someone, they should get arrested no matter if they were influenced by drugs or not. There should, of course, be laws saying people cant hurt other people and I and I don't think PE or anyone else said there shouldn't be.
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #19
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic fly View Post
sonic, just because its a legitimate political discussion doesn't mean its family friendly. A good civilized discussion about something very awful could be a legitimate political discussion but does that mean you would post it on these forums? The standards from one place to the next are different. I think that discussions about drugs has no place here.


Nonetheless, I'll be a hypocrite and post my thoughts on the matter.



Lets just say that somewhere there was no laws and people did all sorts of very nasty things, and i mean very nasty. Would you say that the crime rate was high? because there isn't a law, nobody is committing a crime no matter what they do.
Of course legalizing those drugs will reduce crime because there will no longer be a law saying not to do that anymore. Does that mean its morally right to legalize it?

where i stand:
using drugs in medical applications is okay, but the other use is pointless and harmful to both the user and their friends/family, and in the case of smoking it is harmful to everyone you pass by on the street.
anti legal anti use.
You are using a strawman fallacy to discredit me. By reducing crime I mean actual harmful crime, not just breaking the law. The prohibition of drugs has caused countless deaths, robberies, and some not so hamumu-appropriate things.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #20
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater
 
. Yellow Wizard .'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHIZ
Posts: 259
Default Re: From the drug thread: Where do you stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
You are using a strawman fallacy to discredit me. By reducing crime I mean actual harmful crime, not just breaking the law. The prohibition of drugs has caused countless deaths, robberies, and some not so hamumu-appropriate things.
And so will the legalization!

But if you want to throw your life away, I shouldn't care anyway.
__________________
no
CHIZ
. Yellow Wizard . is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Political Compasses Where Do You Stand? Blackduck General Blabber 36 11-30-2011 09:45 AM
I can stand on water!!! Megadog Total Mayhem 33 05-21-2010 11:11 PM
Some Specials i can't stand Knittel Dr. Lunatic 9 06-16-2007 02:15 AM
Hidden Drug Reference in Medusa's Lament? 31337 Total Mayhem 11 05-05-2007 01:37 PM
Stand Together! Anonymous General Blabber 17 06-11-2002 03:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.