Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Default Honor Among Thieves Mafia

I'm probably supposed to start this game now. Role PMs are coming shortly. We only have 11 players, and this game is built for 12, so the roles will be assigned randomly, and the first townie to die gets the remaining role (also chosen at random). Hopefully that means no one will have to wait through the whole game without playing.

Players:
darkguyhades
Gigacat
hyperme
Julian
Megadog
Pewskeepski
RandomCommander
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
SpaceManiac
texasjoshua

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Default Re: Honor Among Thieves Mafia

All PMs are sent. Let the game begin.

If you are unfamiliar with the city of Generia, imagine a peaceful, prosperous town. The people are friendly and helpful, and numerous shops line the streets. The guards are underworked, as crime is virtually unknown. The king is wise, and his subjects adore him. The air is cleaner than that in the surrounding countryside, in no small part due to the work of the weather mages. In short, imagine a modern-day utopia.

While you are imagining this beautiful fantasy, someone from Generia is likely walking off with your money. The Thieves' Guild runs everything in town. Everything. Your task, whether or not you choose to accept it, is to change this. Naturally enough, there are spies among you who would like to see the Thieves' Guild remain in power. But before any of this happens, you all need some rest.

It is now NIGHT 1! Everyone should send in a confirmation PM, whether or not you have a power role.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Chefpuppy
Dumb Person

I'll sighn up!
sorry... wasn't prepared

"I'm Alive Awake Alert ENTHUSIASTIC"
-TexasJoshua
Chefpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

You awake to discover darkguyhades has been killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord
You are Nameless Bystander #2. You are, surprisingly enough, completely without special powers. You win when the mafia are eliminated.
It might be wise to do something about the murderers. Or not, depending on which side you're on. Regardless, darkguyhades gets the remaining role. It is now DAY 1!

Players:
darkguyhades
Gigacat
hyperme
Julian
Megadog
Pewskeepski
RandomCommander
seamonkey
sonicchaos1993
SpaceManiac
texasjoshua

Replacements:
Chefpuppy

Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

I usually try to avoid being the first poster, but in this case I think I'll just go for it; Someones got to start it up, right?

Lets talk about the choice of kill since there is nothing else worth mention as far as I know. Darkguyhades is an experienced player and many people know it so it's not so shocking that he got killed Night 1; Usually it's CheeseLord but in this particular game, I think killing the host is either impossible or strongly against the rules. Then there's Sonicchaos1993 who I suppose could be a possible candidate for the mafia now since he's not dead and another experienced player is. As always, it's far from vote worthy so that's all I'll say about it for now.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Eh, I don't think we can go for the 'X lives and is good at Mafia ergo lynch' argument, since not only does the game contain a selection of good players, it's a thing the mafia can easily exploit.

Also, not going to try any random voting larks, since at this point in the game it's obvious that any votes are random.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
seamonkey
spoon eater

I agree with hyperme, and find the exploitation almost a given. I think DGH is easily within the top three players in the game, which contains pretty much all experienced (to some degree), players. Exploitation seems to be a given, because it seems to be framed as Sonic killing DGH (DGH's standing is particularly good as he survived the last game), and Sonic does seem to be the second kill in mafia games after CL... a lot (although not of late.) e seems to ave a base of being a very good player. Yes all votes are random. I don't care, Vote: Megadog
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

As far as last night's kill is concerned, my guess would be that the mafia assumed I would be protected by the doctor, and so they chose to go after a target with a better chance of success.

There isn't much else to comment on yet. I'll make a nice big wall-of-text once a couple more people have posted and we have more to go off of.

Also, a quick heads up, I'll be out of town for a week starting on Saturday. I probaly won't have Internet access, but I'm bringing my laptop, so I may be able to make a post every once in a while assuming I can find wi-fi access.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies

That right there seems suspicious.

I may be going off on all my limbs here but I'm willing to bet SC is mafia, not because he attacked me last game (and sorta got credit for it because I was 3rd party), but just for that post. That seems way too smart a guess for him not to be mafia. It should also be known that SC1993 is just as likely to be killed as DGH or TJ, who is also a rather good player.

Now I've made things interesting, Either I'm Mafia because I immediately react to "Sonic's Totally Lucky Guess", He's Mafia for knowing what the mafia were up to during the starting night, or nobody is mafia and I'm just paranoid.

I'm thinking the third option but it's really up for converstation.

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Megadog
The Demagogue

Seriously, this is the second time I've seen someone attacked over thinking abstractly about mafia tactics. People can think about what they would do if they were mafia even if they are not. As is, what SC posted isn't all that complicated, and has been done on multiple occasions before.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
As far as last night's kill is concerned, my guess would be that the mafia assumed I would be protected by the doctor, and so they chose to go after a target with a better chance of success.

There isn't much else to comment on yet. I'll make a nice big wall-of-text once a couple more people have posted and we have more to go off of.

Also, a quick heads up, I'll be out of town for a week starting on Saturday. I probaly won't have Internet access, but I'm bringing my laptop, so I may be able to make a post every once in a while assuming I can find wi-fi access.
Makes logical sense, we can presume the mafia is a fairly experienced player(but by judging by the people we have that could be anyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomCommander View Post
That right there seems suspicious.

I may be going off on all my limbs here but I'm willing to bet SC is mafia, not because he attacked me last game (and sorta got credit for it because I was 3rd party), but just for that post. That seems way too smart a guess for him not to be mafia. It should also be known that SC1993 is just as likely to be killed as DGH or TJ, who is also a rather good player.

Now I've made things interesting, Either I'm Mafia because I immediately react to "Sonic's Totally Lucky Guess", He's Mafia for knowing what the mafia were up to during the starting night, or nobody is mafia and I'm just paranoid.

I'm thinking the third option but it's really up for converstation.
Doesn't necessarily say anything about him, I had the same thoughts. And thank you for that compliment, though I don't think I'm as good as you think I am.

In other news I apologize if I don't post as much as I normally do, I'm involved in musical till the end of January so my posting may be less frequent.

Conversation seems to be keeping up, I will try to post again later after their are more posts.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #12
RandomCommander

So that does it, I'm paranoid.

Random voting is not my thing, even though it has "Random" in it, so I say Vote: No Vote.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Unless Random is insidiously trying to convince he is town will crzy paranoia tricks, I won't put too much weight on his posts and the moment.

Also, the Mafia may of gone for a less obvious target due to lack of role knowledge. Once lynchings occur, and potential powers can be mapped out, kills become much simpler to conduct. Every Pro-town power role is a risk to the Mafia. Of course, some power roles pose a greater risk than others.

Also, on random voting. To delcare a vote random, is in essence, to declare it as meaningless. You admit that it has no logical process behind it's creation, and can therefore be ignored, as it does not threaten anyone. A meaningful vote is conclusion of a logical process, and thus cannot be random.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
RandomCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Also, on random voting. To delcare a vote random, is in essence, to declare it as meaningless. You admit that it has no logical process behind it's creation, and can therefore be ignored, as it does not threaten anyone. A meaningful vote is conclusion of a logical process, and thus cannot be random.
Which is exactly why it's not my thing.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

It seems apropriate for me to voice my opinions at this stage. We haven't had much new information filter through but a few things i feel i should point out are:

RandomCommander analysed in his post SonicChaos, even though both Pewskeepski and Seamonkey (and partly Hyperme) said similar things without directly mentioning that SC was likely to be doc protected. RC also used a previous game in his post. I dont find this overly suspicious though, as in the last part of his post he pretty much said he was posting to spark up conversation.

Anyhoo, it seems like we are heading for a deadline forced no lynch, and so i will, in an effort to bring more evedence to the table, random Vote: SpaceManiac
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Vote Count:

Megadog - 1 (seamonkey)
No Lynch - 1 (RandomCommander)
SpaceManiac - 1 (Gigacat)

There are 11 players alive, so it should be 6 to lynch (or not).

Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Hyperme pretty much summed up what I was going to say about random voting - It's not going to work the way people are using it.

RandomCommander appears to be rushing things, to me. He instantly attacks Sonicchaos for something that was briefing mention by me, and some other players; Then almost immediately after that he suggests a no lynch. Why? There really is no reason why we should not lynch someone. Granted, as of now, there is no reason to actually lynch somebody either but that's only a matter of waiting for suspicion to build up as the day/game goes on.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
Hyperme pretty much summed up what I was going to say about random voting - It's not going to work the way people are using it.

RandomCommander appears to be rushing things, to me. He instantly attacks Sonicchaos for something that was briefing mention by me, and some other players; Then almost immediately after that he suggests a no lynch. Why? There really is no reason why we should not lynch someone. Granted, as of now, there is no reason to actually lynch somebody either but that's only a matter of waiting for suspicion to build up as the day/game goes on.
I am agreed with Pew at this point, RC seems to be acting a little fishy but that is probably just to get conversation moving, so kudos to him. No one else has said anything particularly suspicious as of yet, so the only thing to do is to keep talking and hope the mafia mess up.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Nothing seems to be happening, so I'll have to impose a 48 hour deadline. Carry on.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Well, thats not good.

I will Vote: RandomCommander.