yourter12
forever gone

Default Pinkie Pie...

... is best pony.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Default Re: Pinkie Pie...

Preposterous! No one beats the Happy Pony.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
yourter12
forever gone

Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Objection!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down

Can Jamul implement a downvote system for threads and posts? The best I've got are these thumbs-down things, but I already put those in every thread. ಠ_ಠ

And I think people make specific websites for stuff like this. Pretty sure this isn't one of them.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-25-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver View Post
>Can Jamul implement a downvote system for threads and posts?

I think people make specific websites for stuff like this.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Quote:
Something HSB would say.
That, and you don't always have to be a critic. You downrated most of the TM threads already.

If Jamul wanted people to downrate threads for some wacko reason, he would have implemented that already.

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

If we watch ponies, what's wrong with that? This thread was obviously created with MLP in mind. Don't be a hater.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down

Oh, sorry. I'm just a hater.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-26-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Currently, in my eyes you are being one. If we like a show that you don't, then what's to say? Don't watch the show. If a pony image appears, don't pay it much attention. Asking for a "dislike" or "thumbs down" button from Jamul is not only unnecessary but also a rather nasty thing to say. You could totally avoid these threads. Don't feel obligated to reply to anything pony with a negative comment or post. Snarky, sarcastic comments are also unhelpful and start arguments.

Yes, people make websites for these things. No, I'm not part of any. I know many Hamumuians, so I'm not gonna just move to another forum.

TL;DR:
Let us have our fun in peace.

Last edited by cyberclone42; 03-26-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: in case you don't read this
cyberclone42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
Megadog
The Demagogue

2nd the notion of ignoring. It's OK to not like things, but don't be mean about it.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
RandomCommander

I 9001th that.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Oh man. Okay, if I see something I don't like, I'll just ignore it. That's a good solution to anything. Oh yeah, that guy just got shot, but it's not affecting me, so I'll just walk away. Not that that has anything to do with ponies, though.

However, with what I said earlier, I'm not saying you should stop. (even though I sort of did, and I would enjoy it) But I guess of all the threads, this is better than randomly posting THE SAME PONY GIF IN EVERY THREAD. Total Mayhem means you can go off topic. But completely disregarding every aspect of it is another thing...coughcoughwordassociationgame. And the downvote button was meant as a joke/sarcastic comment. I just feel like I should voice my opinion. Which I did. And I have. So I'll stop now before I take away any more pony-lovers' rights or anger them further...

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-26-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Default Re: ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
randomly posting THE SAME PONY GIF IN EVERY THREAD.
Thank you for rational thinking. I claim no responsibility for Yourter's spam.

I'm glad somebody has finally taken the time to slow down and talk a little. You wouldn't believe how many people just plow through on their baseless arguments "MLP is for kids", etc. etc.

Last edited by cyberclone42; 03-26-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #15
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Oh man. Okay, if I see something I don't like, I'll just ignore it. That's a good solution to anything. Oh yeah, that guy just got shot, but it's not affecting me, so I'll just walk away. Not that that has anything to do with ponies, though.
That's some nice reductio ad absurdum you've got going there, but like every other instance of the fallacy, it is a complete abuse of logic combined with disregard of the countless differing factors of the two things.

Let's analyze the murder example. As a member of society, you are indirectly affected by murders even when the victim is not a member of your family or a friend. That is for many reasons.
First of all, a murderer is very likely to murder another person if let free, and that person could be someone you love or even you.
Secondly and in a more broad and general sense, they are removing potential productive members of society, blocking them from making any advances in any sector, and harming you in the long run.
Thirdly, they are creating a climate of terror which negatively effects the spirits of all involved.
Fourthly, a civilized society has rules we all adhere to for our general benefit, in the sense that "I won't break the rule because I would be harmed if that other guy broke it". That's the exact reason why the more civilized a country is, the more advanced its social security and social benefits are.
And finally, you don't like it.

Now let's compare those traits of murder to those of My Little Pony.
My little pony discussions do not affect you in any significant way, as one of the most important aspects of the internet is the fact that it covers every last interest one could have, and it is trivial for you to avoid things you do not care about.
My Little pony is not removing productive members from society, as those productive members still get to keep their life and "freedom" even if they watch the series.
My Little pony creates a climate of comradeship and brotherhood, things exactly opposite of terror. In that sense it is actively contributing in the improvement of society.
And finally, you do not like My Little pony.

You have completely ignored the incredibly important differences that I listed above, and stuck to the one similarity which is completely irrelevant, your attitude as an outsider regarding what others do. One of the basic moral rules any civilized person adheres to is that anything someone does is okay as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else or society as a whole. There are people who do not adhere to that rule, and that's the people who want to ban homosexuality or to impose their religion upon others.
By asking for a means of censorship against things you have no moral ground to dislike, you are putting yourself into that exact group.

Quote:
I just feel like I should voice my opinion. Which I did.
Freedom of speech goes both ways, it is not freedom from speech. Putting forth the 'opinion' label does not free you from others' right to criticize you. Not all opinions are made equal. Bigoted and fallacious opinions should be countered by logic and morality, otherwise humanity will never advance forward.

Last edited by Pumpkineater; 03-27-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #16
RandomCommander

I don't know why people take things too extremely in certain cases, whether to be literal in a sarcastic sense or just because they're living like extremists, but the point is they take things way too extreme. That's one of the reasons why I'm shy about posting my beliefs for ponies, either I say I like them and be forced to post silly things about them for the rest of my life or I say I don't like them and every brony thinks I'm public enemy number one, hopefully there isn't any smart-aleck MLP extremists here, or I would no longer feel safe about what I say about that topic...

The point is, don't jump to conclusions. And if you do jump, try to land safely or you're going to break all your bones in your body, which is most likely. Also, don't be extreme.

Last edited by Jamul; 03-27-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: rude
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
Megadog
The Demagogue

I leave people alone if they go "Oh, MLP, OK." or "I've seen that, and didn't like it." But I don't like it when people react negatively without seeing it. (I know HSB has seen it, so this is not in anyway an attack. It's me voicing MY opinion on the matter...)
Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

... this is awkward

@HSB: thanks for saying you wont be mean to 'pony-lovers' or whatever anymore.
@PE: ... -_-
@RC: thanks for telling people to go back to their right mind. like pe. *rolleyes*
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
I don't like it when people react negatively without seeing it.
That's probably the largest source of hate: ignorance. Ignorance has been present forever, and has been the source of countless numbers of bad things over the course of history. Take World War II or Apartheid, for example. Those events were borne of ignorance. When you present an argument with almost no prior knowledge about the topic, not only do you make a fool of yourself, you may seriously offend somebody. If that's your intent, then you won't advance farther than the Eighth grade. When I told one of my friends about watching MLP, he said "Lol" and assumed I was some kind of freak for watching a show originally intended for kids, a show he had never even heard of. The name turned him off. This last weekend, I opened up my laptop at another friend's house and resumed my episode of MLP. What was going to be a Halo session quickly became a Mare-a-thon. Two different examples, from the same group of buddies.

Man, since when was total mayhem a logical discussion forum?

Gotta clear my head.

Last edited by Jamul; 03-27-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: masked language
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod

My favorite thing about My Little Pony is the ability of its fans to cultivate absolute rage over the internet without actively trolling.
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote