absolute rage
fill
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #23
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Default Re: Pinkie Pie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomCommander View Post
I don't know why people take things too extremely in certain cases, whether to be literal in a sarcastic sense or just because they're living like extremists, but the point is they take things way too extreme. That's one of the reasons why I'm shy about posting my beliefs for ponies, either I say I like them and be forced to post silly things about them for the rest of my life or I say I don't like them and every brony thinks I'm public enemy number one, hopefully there isn't any smart-aleck MLP extremists here, or I would no longer feel safe about what I say about that topic...
If you paid attention to my post it had nothing to do with HSB disliking MLP, it's about his advocation of censorship, and his refusal to solve his own problem with the simplest way possible (Ignoring pony-related threads), and instead bothering people who like it.
Quote:
The point is, don't jump to conclusions. And if you do jump, try to land safely or you're going to break all your bones in your body, which is most likely. Also, don't be extreme.
The "don't be extreme" idea is one of the most ridiculous I've ever heard in my life, and unfortunately I hear it a lot. It is an idea that values compromise even when others are demonstatably wrong and willfully ignorant. There is nothing wrong with refusing to compromise with someone who is wrong, but the American propagandistic system (schools, media, politicians, etc) have deeply brainwashed the American population into following such ideals which eventually lead people to bow to authority. That reasoning has also made the American population deeply hate communism, for being "extreme", among other things, such as taking away from the rich their right to inequality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
... this is awkward

@HSB: thanks for saying you wont be mean to 'pony-lovers' or whatever anymore.
@PE: ... -_-
@RC: thanks for telling people to go back to their right mind. like pe. *rolleyes*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurEminentDoomsayer View Post
My favorite thing about My Little Pony is the ability of its fans to cultivate absolute rage over the internet without actively trolling.
Gotta love your generic dismissal of my entire post.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

oh great now it's a political anti-america thread

pe i'm not doing this now

save it for then next actual debate thread

Also:

Quote:
Gotta love your generic dismissal of my entire post.
he was just pointing out a thing. a thing that is true.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Exclamation Re: Pinkie Pie...

Might as well go out in pony style.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down Pseudopie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver
Oh man. Okay, if I see something I don't like, I'll just ignore it. That's a good solution to anything. Oh yeah, that guy just got shot, but it's not affecting me, so I'll just walk away. Not that that has anything to do with ponies, though.
That's some nice reductio ad absurdum you've got going there, but like every other instance of the fallacy, it is a complete abuse of logic combined with disregard of the countless differing factors of the two things.

Let's analyze the murder example. As a member of society, you are indirectly affected by murders even when the victim is not a member of your family or a friend. That is for many reasons.
First of all, a murderer is very likely to murder another person if let free, and that person could be someone you love or even you.
Secondly and in a more broad and general sense, they are removing potential productive members of society, blocking them from making any advances in any sector, and harming you in the long run.
Thirdly, they are creating a climate of terror which negatively effects the spirits of all involved.
Fourthly, a civilized society has rules we all adhere to for our general benefit, in the sense that "I won't break the rule because I would be harmed if that other guy broke it". That's the exact reason why the more civilized a country is, the more advanced its social security and social benefits are.
And finally, you don't like it.

Now let's compare those traits of murder to those of My Little Pony.
My little pony discussions do not affect you in any significant way, as one of the most important aspects of the internet is the fact that it covers every last interest one could have, and it is trivial for you to avoid things you do not care about.
My Little pony is not removing productive members from society, as those productive members still get to keep their life and "freedom" even if they watch the series.
My Little pony creates a climate of comradeship and brotherhood, things exactly opposite of terror. In that sense it is actively contributing in the improvement of society.
And finally, you do not like My Little pony.

You have completely ignored the incredibly important differences that I listed above, and stuck to the one similarity which is completely irrelevant, your attitude as an outsider regarding what others do. One of the basic moral rules any civilized person adheres to is that anything someone does is okay as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else or society as a whole. There are people who do not adhere to that rule, and that's the people who want to ban homosexuality or to impose their religion upon others.
By asking for a means of censorship against things you have no moral ground to dislike, you are putting yourself into that exact group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver
I just feel like I should voice my opinion. Which I did.
Freedom of speech goes both ways, it is not freedom from speech. Putting forth the 'opinion' label does not free you from others' right to criticize you. Not all opinions are made equal. Bigoted and fallacious opinions should be countered by logic and morality, otherwise humanity will never advance forward.
lol you mad br- *shot*

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-28-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
yourter12
forever gone

Stop being brony haters
/caps

Last edited by yourter12; 03-28-2012 at 06:31 PM.
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #29
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Sorry if I came off as rude. I only meant that bronies have a lot of haters, and if I were one, I would probably use it to my own amusement. Anyway, I don't see any reason why they should deserve to be hated on. Also, if you press F12 on Chrome, you can see in to the matrix. That last sentence was just an observation I had after overreaching my right pinky a few times while typing.
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #30
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurEminentDoomsayer View Post
Sorry if I came off as rude. I only meant that bronies have a lot of haters, and if I were one, I would probably use it to my own amusement. Anyway, I don't see any reason why they should deserve to be hated on. Also, if you press F12 on Chrome, you can see in to the matrix. That last sentence was just an observation I had after overreaching my right pinky a few times while typing.
I like to make it my job to see into the matrix.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote