Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
yourter12
forever gone
 
yourter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: octopus
Posts: 1,359
Default Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Hamumu is dying. Let's face this. There hasn't been any new games except for the flash games Jamul has made. All of the games that are 256 colors don't work normally on Windows 7. Costume Party is downright awful, but that's only because of the levels. Last time I checked, most of them were point-farming levels or ones that were absolute garbage. While there were some good ones, the repetitiveness and limits of the game turned me off. Mia's Happy Day is the best flash game Jamul has ever made, it's not enough.

By 2013, Hamumu will be deed. There is no escapade. However, I have an idea on how to save Hamumu. There's this guy who made the Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy, Edmund McMillen. If Mike and Edmund team up to make a new Dr. Lunatic game, it could get Hamumu popularity and loadsa money. Dr. Lunatic has a lot of potential, yet its fatal flaw is that the engine is old, and that it isn't on Steam.

Hamumu could also team up with Valve and make a 3D game, but that it HUGELY UNLIKELY.
__________________
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
cyberclone42
I'm not here.
 
cyberclone42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: no
Posts: 1,685
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

I think Mike is taking on quite a bit now. What I believe fans are (painfully) waiting for are:
A new AoB
LL3
A new CP pack.

Teaming up might work, but McMillen might already be working on something else or might not want to work with Mike for some reason, anything could go wrong. Also, I don't see a 3D Hamumu game in the near future.
__________________
cyberclone42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourter12 View Post
Hamumu is dying. Let's face this. There hasn't been any new games except for the flash games Jamul has made.
Which Jamul has repeatly explained make him far to much money to quit doing now.

Also, you not liking something =/= it dying. Either live with the fact that Hamumu has changed or, well, futilly try to get it to change into what you want. I'll probably be around in 2013, and so will many others.

Furthermore, to honest, your plan for recovery is frankly ridiculous. Why on Earth would two people who make completely different games for entirely different audiences team up?

To finish, you are wrong and Hamumu ain't changing to fit what you want.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod
 
OurEminentDoomsayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 101
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

I like the new flash game direction. It has the potential to do what Jamul does best: hilarious, smaller games that will amuse for a few hours. Like Moon Invaders.
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
yourter12
forever gone
 
yourter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: octopus
Posts: 1,359
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Which Jamul has repeatly explained make him far to much money to quit doing now.

Also, you not liking something =/= it dying. Either live with the fact that Hamumu has changed or, well, futilly try to get it to change into what you want. I'll probably be around in 2013, and so will many others.

Furthermore, to honest, your plan for recovery is frankly ridiculous. Why on Earth would two people who make completely different games for entirely different audiences team up?

To finish, you are wrong and Hamumu ain't changing to fit what you want.
Yes, it'll be around, only that it'll be dead. There hasn't been any addons in a year except for Halloween Horror 12. Most of the old people, such as Death, Vakarrus Hammered, SpiderPumpkin, PurpleKoopa, Dave Hettel, MrZee, Jordo, Bofupa, Coolguy, Pantsofpower, and a few others have been left or banned. There were people that have left that were around when I joined. Hamumu could be considered to be dying right now. Hamumu is dying.

McMillen and Hommel might make different games for different audiences, but it might be what makes Hamumu famous. Consider it experimentation. Bubble gum was invented with experimentation. And besides, SWC and TBoI might be different plot-wise, but gameplay-wise, it's sort of the same. Explore worlds, shoot enemies, defeat bosses, get items, etc.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurEminentDoomsayer View Post
I like the new flash game direction. It has the potential to do what Jamul does best: hilarious, smaller games that will amuse for a few hours. Like Moon Invaders.
Also, hilarious, smaller games might be fun today, but if Jamul wants to make Hamumu famous, I'd suggest he take a break from making small flash games and do something big.
__________________

Last edited by yourter12; 03-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads
 
Boneheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Utah, United States
Posts: 1,249
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

I don't think, but I KNOW that Jamul doesn't need to change the way he's doing this one bit.

Let's get serious, bro. Everyday I come onto hamumu, and click forums. Probably the exact same thing 95% of hamumians do anymore. So hamumu doesn't revolve around it's wonderful games, but it has a great & supporting (Plenty of Mafia & RPGs) forum that ANYONE can enjoy.

It's Family-friendly, so anyone can join.

And sure, it's called 'Dumb games for smart kids", because it has good games. And like I said, even though people don't give 2 craps for the games on here, everybody still Loves the forums.

And stop putting all this heavy load of work on Jamul, guys! He's constantly working, whether it's making a Money-collecting flash game or just something in his own life. I.E. Not hamumu related stuff.

I've been here nearly 3 years and know plenty that Jamul is a good guy and has been helping hamumu's Members since [date whenever people started joining hamumu]

He didn't give up a singular time, and people made like 20 threads saying "oh hamumu's dying WE GOTTA DO SUMTHIN BOUT THIS BROS blah blah blah" even know I have the same reaction:
oh frizz not another one of these threads

Recap:
Jamul is a good game-maker, And forum-owner.
And just because nobody new is joining, the door is still wide open, in case anyone wants to walk right in to the Wonderful forums.
So don't fret and make these threads, just enjoy the forums and be happy.
__________________
Website
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
yourter12
forever gone
 
yourter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: octopus
Posts: 1,359
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

One day, nobody's going to open the doors.

And Jamul's not the best forum owner. He's too strict. Maybe it's just my view (I spend lots of time in non-family friendly forums. Maybe he's just strict because he doesn't want porn to attack Hamumu and turn it into anti-family friendly garbage.
__________________
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 501
Thumbs down nope.avi

Oh man, now we really need Pumpkineater in here stating the multitude of logical fallacies in Yorter's 4 posts. Hamumu as a website is not doing great, but Jamul is making much more money than he was with the slowly made 2.5 games, just like everybody (including himself) has already said. This is exactly like the thread Yourter made when he rage-quit Hamumu the last time. But I got an infraction last time for what I said so I should probably stop. Either way, Yourter, if you don't like the way Hamumu is going, then I guess you don't have to continue coming here. You must still like some aspect of Hamumu or you wouldn't keep coming back. I'm not going to say the flash games are my favorites... but they're still pretty fun. The Scuba-Pedro game was just great, as well as Robot Wants Kitty and Robot Wants Ice Cream. And the Mia game was good, but not his best. I assume you're just saying that because it costs money, but in my opinion there are better. The Witch game should be good if it ever comes out... Also, Jamul says he works alone and there is no possible way any of the companies you mentioned would want to or agree to work with Jamul or vice-versa. Also, it would be nice to hear some stuff from Jamul about what he'll do in the future. Though I think we already know...

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-29-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

My opinion, as always, is if you think it is dying (which may not be the right word for it, receding?) then do something about it yourself. Don't tell Jamul how to run the business he's been running for years, the business that we most likely met through. The original concept of Hamplat (I can't NOT mention it, but that doesn't mean it should come back) was thought up in the chat BY US as a way to unite the community and engage us in between new things from Jamul. You want to revive Hamumu? Then start a project to help.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 501
Thumbs down Split 50/50?

He's an ideas guy.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-29-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

So am I, being the one who came up with the basic idea of Hamplat, but I come up with idea's WE can use, not Jamul. Jamul has said that he has his own ideas for things, and if he doesn't, he asks!
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 501
Thumbs down

Well, Jamul is also effectively working for Boy's Life Magazine which somewhat goes against his ideals, but hey, if it's making him money, than who am I to say he shouldn't? :P

*Boy's Life is in no way endorsed or supported my this message

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-29-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #13
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!
 
Gigacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Over There!
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

lets get this straight...

a while ago, yourter complains that he doesnt like the way hamumu is run, has a rage, quits famously and is (quote) "forever gone". A while later, he comes back, spams the forums with ponys, and complains he doesnt like the way Hamumu is run. Hmm...

hamumu is dieing, thats a fact, but instead of doing nothing but posting complaints, do somthing. Now that i have more time on my hands because the sailing season is nearly over, i intend to re-start DRPG. Why dont you spend some time on reviving hamumu?
__________________
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #14
yourter12
forever gone
 
yourter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: octopus
Posts: 1,359
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Ban me. I want to leave Hamumu because it is dead.
__________________

Last edited by yourter12; 03-30-2012 at 04:20 AM.
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #15
TyTBone
College Boi
 
TyTBone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 2,067
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

*cough*Kickstarter*cough*

The Internet is a big place, you can find other place(s) else to call "home". I did.
__________________
Siggy!
(I just read the sig, what a throwback)
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourter12 View Post
One day, nobody's going to open the doors.

And Jamul's not the best forum owner. He's too strict. Maybe it's just my view (I spend lots of time in non-family friendly forums. Maybe he's just strict because he doesn't want porn to attack Hamumu and turn it into anti-family friendly garbage.
there was stuff here now there isn't/

The point being I have as many forums as I want to be a terrible person. Finding one that's more laid back is actually quite difficult. You'll understand when you're older.

Incidentally, at no point has Jamul ever expressed that he wants Hamumu to be famous. That's what you might want, but not the guy who actually runs the business.

Once again, you are wrong and Hamumu ain't change for what you want.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank

Last edited by hyperme; 03-30-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: less offence i guess
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod
 
OurEminentDoomsayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 101
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

The ability to say the word "crap" is all the freedom I need. A children's site should remain relatively TV-Y7.
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
yourter12
forever gone
 
yourter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: octopus
Posts: 1,359
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

If everyone's going to start whining about my ideas, then I want Jamul to ban me now and get rid of as many posts referencing me or posted by me as possible.

This place is a real mess.
__________________

Last edited by yourter12; 03-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
TyTBone
College Boi
 
TyTBone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 2,067
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourter12 View Post
If everyone's going to start whining about my ideas, then I want Jamul to ban me now and get rid of as many posts referencing me or posted by me as possible.

This place is a real mess. It's full of childish people. :/
(Well, the demographic that has evolved for this forum is for kids mostly. All kinds of people buy Jamul's games, but afaik the most frequent posters are mostly teen males.)

I'm guessing you want Jamul to ban you so you CAN'T come back. Philosophical concept: you can't erase your history, but you can move on. Things are always changing. Maybe you can just make a commitment not to come back, or find something else you enjoy more online. I'm trying to help you out in this thread here:

http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23617
__________________
Siggy!
(I just read the sig, what a throwback)

Last edited by TyTBone; 03-30-2012 at 09:34 AM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Idea on how to prevent Hamumu from dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourter12 View Post
If everyone's going to start whining about my ideas, then I want Jamul to ban me now and get rid of as many posts referencing me or posted by me as possible.

This place is a real mess. It's full of childish people. :/
Then Leave

No one is forcing you be here. So stop trying to make us the bad guys when we critize your ideas. Nobody is whining but you. The only person being childish is you.

That's the truth.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank

Last edited by hyperme; 03-30-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Italics convey my feelings better thsn caps.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamumu Dying Down Boneheads General Blabber 46 05-26-2012 09:17 PM
An Idea to prevent One Star Ratings Redbone General Blabber 9 01-25-2009 02:44 PM
An idea to make Hamumu Games better. Knittel General Blabber 12 08-10-2008 03:21 PM
Suggesting a Hamumu game idea...Sorta drgamer General Blabber 3 07-03-2005 04:46 PM
i gots a great idea for hamumu Anonymous Dr. Lunatic 10 11-26-2003 03:23 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.