Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Default Participation: A how to guide

Post in the thread.

If you have a power role, PM the host to use it.

The first thing is not optional. If you sign up to a mafia game, you are expected to take part. Since most hosts on the forum have some weird aversion to setting any form of deadline at the start of a Day, not posting causes the game to drag on. And on. And on for a fortnight before something happens. Now, this may not seem like an issue, especial to the serial lurkers out there (you know who you are). But it is. Not posting hurts:

1. People who are posting. The more perma-lurkers, the harder it is to get a majority.
2. Game Balence. Lynch Control is a thing the mafa want. If you don't post, they get more control. They should only get that control via lynchs and nightkills.
3. Dead players. Look, the next game can't start until the current one ends. This mean dead players are having to sit out from player because others won't. And if they were a non-town role or another role where info is gained, they can't really replace non-posters.

So as you can see, if you aren't posting at least once in game day, you are ruining everyone's day. So if you are a serial lurker, or any lurkery in mafia, start posting befroe hosts catch on to the idea of not letting extra lurky people sign up.

Last edited by hyperme; 06-10-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: title
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Default Re: Participation: A how to guide

Agreed, guys, i will be running tight deadlines and will replace lurkers. So please post. You will receive PM's making sure you are playing. Its unfair to everyone else playing the game, if something comes up we understand but tell someone. For people who sign up to play and dont just dont sign up.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I disagree with the idea that you need to post at least once a day. You don't need to post very often, actually. The biggest problem with mafia games here is that nobody posts anything, which means nobody can post anything since nobody has anything to say. And people posting without having anything to say is worse than people who don't have anything to say not posting since it just fills the game with crap and doesn't actually improve the situation.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Im not saying people have to post everyday, just at least once every mafia game day :P
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I'm saying not even that often. They should post if they have something to say, and if the game is good they'll have something to say that often. If the game is slow, it may not be that often.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I'm saying not even that often. They should post if they have something to say, and if the game is good they'll have something to say that often. If the game is slow, it may not be that often.
Except Nightkills mean there is always something to talk about. Even the lack of such kills leads to talking. Since Night always happens, you can't not talk. Successful lynches also lead to talking points.