Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Default U.p.l.i.n.k. A.r.e.n.a

WELCOME TO U.P.L.I.N.K. A.R.E.N.A.

>> Remember the old U.P.L.I.N.K.? This is the Revamp/Reboot/Reinitialization/Re-whatever

!! NOTICE - I decided to use Hammer Up!'s template that he used for "Champions 8 (HU)", so this Original Idea is by him, I'm just adding a few twists and kinks, because I like doing that. I am not in any way plagiarizing HU's game, because then that would be illegal, I AM GIVING HIM CREDIT FOR THE IDEA. !!

>> Before we get to the classes, there are a few technical details I would like to share...

-----STATS-----
ATK - This boosts Damage and Hit chances
DEF - Armor HP and Defense
ENG - Energy points, allows you to move/attack. The more points you have, the more things you can do.

RNG - Range of weapon, the further away you are to an enemy, the less likely you'll hit them
HIT - Percent change to hit an enemy. The percentage shown in a robot's card is the minimum amount at the maximum range, but as you get closer, you are more likely to hit them.

<<NOTE:>> Some programs require you to be adjacent to an opponent (They have "Opp" in them) Others could be played regardless, but on the appropriate turn.

-----STANDARD MOVEMENTS-----

>> There are a few things not on the cards below that every robot can use...

- MOVEMENT >> Use 1 ENG point to move an adjacent square unless otherwise stated.

- TACKLE/PUNCH >> A Melee attack that always hits, but you have to be adjacent to your opponent.

- PING >> A standard Hacking program that deteriorates the Enemy robot's systems. If a Robot's CPU is disabled, then the robot itself is disabled, and considered "Non-functional." PING also has a bigger brother program, CORRUPT, which Deteriorates an enemy robot's systems AND armor. If the robot's Torso is destroyed, the Robot itself is also destroyed, considering it "Non-functional".

>> To start the game, we have 4 Starter robots, shown below with a few explanations...

>> The old Droneball had a major lacker, They did not have any Hardware Combat efficiency. The Droneball-III fixes this with a rocket-pack add-on. Just like the old Droneball, this is a Hard-shelled robot and a master program-user. Be wary of this robot close-up.

>> There is a reason why the Cubot's Tackle is stated on there, it's because it is an IMPROVED tackle, as opposed to regular tackle. This also enables a special feature, extra-armored Torso. Other than that, Just like the old Cubot.

>> The Cyber-Stalker is a mean one, it can sneak up on robots with a camo-system and slowly but efficiently takes out the robot from the inside. Sometimes it is found with an outside weapon to assist it if it ever got found before it stealthed.

>> I feel I should explain the Reboot function, Basically, REBOOT allows you to End your turn prematurely (as opposed to ending your turn when all ENG points have been used up), but next turn you get 15 ENG points to use up. Be careful, if you end your turn prematurely, you are vulnerable to all attacks, and you CANNOT DEFEND YOURSELF AGAINST THEM! A simple method of balancing with tactical considerations.

>> The Half-Trackbot does not have legs, but treads instead, therefore causing movement to be 2 ENG points per, instead of 1. It is very slow, but very armored and very dangerous. Also of note, Recalibrate is a one-time-per-turn use that uses 2 ENG as well.

>> The Arena has 4 slots available for co-op play against some enemy AI robots. They will be able to Upgrade with any loot they find and unlock more robots to fight as as they continue deeper into the game.

>> If enough players want to play, however, I might make room for 4 more players in a separate game. Just to have everyone be able to join!

>> As opposed to Champions 8, The movement is able to be posted on the forum, so you don't have to worry! This game is co-op, after all.

>> So one question still stands: Are you a worthy contender?

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!

Last edited by RandomCommander; 07-20-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Attempt at Shortening...
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Default Re: U.p.l.i.n.k. A.r.e.n.a

Ill try it out. I'll take the Half-Trackbot.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
RandomCommander

And you're in!

1 - happystickman: Half-Trackbot
2 - Pending...
3 - Pending...
4 - Pending...

Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
RandomCommander

A bit more about the game:

Combat kinda goes like this:

If a weapon manages to hit a robot, the damage is based on the stats.....with a catch...

Stats are basically dice pools in a way, lets say a robot with 4 ATK manages to hit a robot with 5 DEF. The attacker rolls 4 dice, defender rolls 5.

If the defender has a higher roll than the attacker's lowest roll so far, that "lowest roll so far" is no longer a hit.

The attacker rolls the following: 13, 5, 19, 4. His lowest roll so far is 4.
The defender rolls the following: 13 (this takes out the 4), 8 (5), 19 (13), 2 and 5.

Since the attacker's 4, 5 and 13 are taken out because the defender rolled a 13, 8 and 19 respectively, only the attacker's 19 goes through as a hit. Now, depending on how many sections the robot's status is divided into, how many "hits" are rolled to determine which part is hit.

Let's say the defender had 6 status sections, Head, Torso, Left arm, Right arm, Left leg and Right leg. The dice number will vary on how many sections and how "large" the section is aka how common that section would be hit.

The dice roll will be as follows:

1 - Critical, roll again
2 - Head
3 - Arm (another 2 sided die will be rolled which side)
4 - Leg (same as Arms)
5 - Torso
6 - Torso
7 - Torso (this bot is rather chubby)
8 - Arm
9 - Leg
10 - Torso
11 - Head
12 - Critical, roll again.

So we roll a 12-sided die and determine where that one hit goes...

It rolls a 2, HEADSHOT!

Now it's kind of like this: for each section, the DEF of the defender's robot will determine the "HP" of the section, and depending on the section, that number could be doubled, tripled, stay the same, or even halved. The ATK of the attacker deducts from that HP however many times that section was hit.

With a DEF of 5, the head is likely to have half HP rounded up, so 3 HP. but the attacker's ATK is 4, so the weapon blows up the armor of the head of the poor robot, and goes straight for the CPU. The Defender is likely to be destroyed by then.

But really, you don't see the mechanics of the game, just the neat visuals and HUDs.

Last edited by RandomCommander; 07-20-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Attempt at more appealing...
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
happystickman
Back From the Dead

So its Warhammer 40K, combined with D&D, combined with Risk. Complicated, but I like it.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
RandomCommander

To me, its more like Battletech meets Paradroid with a hint of D&D but yeah, that too...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
RandomCommander

Still no more people wanting to join? Come on!

Here's an example of range:

A Stylus Hover Droid is in LasCannon range of two Enemy Power Brawlers. (These are new robots, not introduced from the first game, and DEFINITELY promotional for other people to join this game (*shifty eyes*)) The Stylus can attack both, but one target has more of a hit chance than the other.

The Stylus's LasCannons have a max range of 6 (an improvement of the Cubot's 4). The Hit% of a range 6 attack from LasCannons is 45%. There are many modifiers to affecting the Hit%, and this DEFINITELY includes range.

1 rule that usually only gets edited if a robot has an item called a "Evasion chip" is that if a robot is adjacent to an enemy robot (regardless of diagonals!) is always 100% HIT (with an Evasion chip the percentage is deducted by the rank of the item.). Keeping that rule in mind, I add a decent number to be added to Hit% per square closer to target. Range goes any direction, that means diagonals included.

The Power Brawler 5 squares away now has a hit chance of lets say 56% (that means I roll a 100-sided die, 44 or higher hits) and the one 4 squares away has 67%. The Stylus would likely hit the 4 square away Brawler, but could have an about 50-50 chance of hitting if it took a pot-shot on the 5 square away Brawler.

There are also things like Cover and Jamming beacons that could affect Hit%, as well as items like Evasion chips, Weapon Scopes, Targetting Enhancers and then some.

Some items/weapons could fire off a second or automatic round that may or may not have a modified Hit%. Retalliation Devices are good examples, If the Range-4 Power Brawler Has a Blast Grenade and throws it at the Stylus, with this device at a rank of II, the Stylus could attack the Power Brawler in reaction, even if he is out of ENG! But it is at a cost of -10 Hit%, having a total HIT chance of 57% To-hit the enemy with that Retalliation Device. The higher rank the Retalliation Device, the less the HIT% penalty. The Higher the rank, the higher also the maximum targets to retaliate to.

With that out of the way, we still need some more players!

(For those of you who decided to TL;DR: Range has an effect on To-hit bonuses as well as some items and obstacles.)

Last edited by RandomCommander; 07-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
RandomCommander

So it's been a FULL DAY and no one else has signed up yet...

It's probably time for an example turn to keep people interested:

TURN>> EXAMPLE

TURN STATUS -- PRE-PROGRAM/MOVEMENT

--- The above pictures show the obvious: A Cubot and a Droneball have walked into the arena and have engaged eachother. The Turn Status shows that the only actions you can take right now are Program actions that only affect yourself, or movement. The two robots do both. ---

>> Droneball_Example initates program: "Recalculate"

>> (( Droneball_Example's ATK increases by 3! ))

>> Cubot_Example initiates program: "EMG_Welding"

>> (( Cubot_Example's DEF increases by 5! ))

>> Droneball_Example initiates movement North-North-East.

>> Cubot_Example initiates movement South-South.

[ Droneball_Example's Remaining ENG: 4 ENG ]
[ Cubot_Example's Remaining ENG: 5 ENG...... ]

--- At this point, there would be another two images showing the position and statuses of the robots, but I'm lazy... ---

--- Basically, after the movement phase comes the "ATTACK/HACK" phase. At this point, only attack actions and ping/Offensive program actions are allowed. One thing I did forget about is recharging, It costs 1 ENG to "Recharge" and 2 ENG to "Reload", Ballistics vs Energy, you know? ---

>> Cubot_Example Fires both Laser Cannons.

>> It misses Droneball_Example

>> It hits Droneball_Example!

>> !!! Upper Torso and Missile rack damaged! !!!

>> !!! Critical hit on the Interior Missile Compartment! !!!

>> Droneball_Example Fires a Rocket Pack.

>> It hits Cubot_Example!

>> !!! Upper Torso and Right Leg damaged! !!!

>> Droneball_Example Reloads it's Rocket Pack.

>> Cubot_Example Reloads both Laser Cannons.

>> Droneball_Example Fires a Rocket Pack.

>> It hits Cubot_Example!

>> !!! Right Arm and Lower Torso Damaged !!!

>> Cubot_Example fires a Laser Cannon.

>> It misses Droneball_Example.

>> [[[ The Turn has ended! ]]]

EXAMPLE GAME HAS ENDED

-- Sorry guys, no one wins, but no one loses, either. Like I said, this is only an example. Plus, I'm getting bored of no one else joining. --

Old 07-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Chefpuppy
Dumb Person

Ill Play
Edit: Droneball
Edit 2: i read through it all again. and i have a question how do you roll in the first place??? and i would like to change mine to the cyber stalker 100

"I'm Alive Awake Alert ENTHUSIASTIC"
-TexasJoshua

Last edited by Chefpuppy; 07-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Chefpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
RandomCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefpuppy View Post
Ill Play
Edit: Droneball
Edit 2: i read through it all again. and i have a question how do you roll in the first place??? and i would like to change mine to the cyber stalker 100
I just use some sort of outside dice source, like this Dice roller here.

I suppose we can get started with two people...

SCENARIO 1 -- CROSS-FIRE

>> This is a starter scenario for new users in UPLINK: ARENA.

>> This map is shaped in a cross, hence the name, and supports a good 2 vs 2 match. Rumor has that CROSS-FIRE was to be used primarily for 4-team matches, but the previous lack of beginner's Scenarios bumped this map down to become a 2-team match for 2 or 4 robots per team.

>> There are four chests in the center of the map for both teams to gather some equipment to try and gain the advantage. Once robots get to the chests, the intensity level usually rises dramatically in the arena, for the gladiators AND the users watching the match.

OPTIONS SET>>

- ROBOTS: 2 vs 2
- PROBABLE DIFFICULTY: Easy
- KNOWN HAZARDS -- None
- DETECTED ITEMS -- x4 Chests
- WIN REWARD: 100 Credits

TURN >> 1

Users, Execute your allowed actions.

-- Remember: Movement and any programs cost 1 ENG unless otherwise stated on your robot's card. (That means pay attention, HappyStickMan)

Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I suppose ill move up 3 spaces, and (assuming I can), grab whatever is in that chest.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
RandomCommander

I kinda knew Chefpuppy would not be able to make this turn somehow... oh well.

>> "Hapstik" initiates movement North-North-North

>> "Hapstik", assuming correctly, opens a chest!

{ HAPSTIK -- You have gained the following: }
{ - Deployable Flamethrower I ......................}
{ - Spiked Torso addon I ...............................}
{ - Ballistic shield I ........................................}

>> "Chefpuppy" Is idle this turn.

>> "Kingpunt" Initiates movement South-South-South.

>> "Kingpunt" opens a chest!

== You notice the cubot suddenly grins when it opens the chest (Trust me, seeing a cubot grin like that is kinda scary). It attaches some sort of minigun barrel onto it's Right arm and attaches a device which makes a glowing blue forcefield around the robot. ==

== The Cyber-Stalker gets shifty eyed. You blink and suddenly it's gone. ==

>> "Ninjagoof" initiates program: "Stealth"

>> (( Cyber-stalker "Ninjagoof" is now invisible! ))

>> "Ninjagoof" initiates movement South-South-South-South-West.

[ Hapstik's remaining ENG: 2 ........]
[ Chefpuppy's remaining ENG: 10 ]
[ Kingpunt's remaining ENG: 5 ......]
[ Ninjagoof's remaining ENG: 4 ....]

TURN >> 1

TURN STATUS -- ATTACK/HACK

HAPSTIK --
The following items you have obtained are as follows:
- DEPLOYABLE FLAMETHROWER >> On use, deploys a turret with a flamethrower weapon ( Energy weapon, RNG = 3, HIT = 33% ). You can retrieve the turret unless it was destroyed.
- SPIKED TORSO ADDON >> Can equip to torso (both upper and lower), adds a bonus of 2 DEF and adds some HP to torso(s).
- BALLISTIC SHIELD >> On equip, activates a personal shield that adds 3 DEF against Ballistic weapons (like Cannons and Machine guns). You can only have 1 shield equipped at any time.

-- Equipping is free, however, you can use items whenever you want for 1 ENG. --

Last edited by RandomCommander; 07-31-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
happystickman
Back From the Dead

My eyes glow red as a target enters my targeting sensors. I enable the Spiked Torso and Ballistic Shield add-ons, before launching a barrage of missiles at Kingpunt.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
RandomCommander

== As Hapstik's target is locked on, the Cubot suddenly frowns as it realizes those are not energy weapons, and then the missiles explode in it's face. ==

>> "Hapstik" fires it's Megaton Missile Launcher!

>> It hits "Kingpunt"!

>> !! Left leg hit twice !!

>> !! Critical Hit on the Left Leg actutator! !!

>> !! Upper torso and Lower torso hit !!

>> "Chefpuppy" is idle this turn.

>> "Kingpunt" fires it's minigun!

>> It misses!

>> "Kingpunt" Reloads it's minigun.

>> "Kingpunt" fires it's minigun!

>> It hits "Hapstik"!

>> !! Weapon Rack and Right Tread hit !!

>> !! Critical hit on the Megaton Missile Rack! !!

== Not only does the Cubot widen it's frown, but it's eyes are also in horror. It's not going to win, it realizes. ==

>> "Ninjagoof" Initiates program: "Shutdown"

>> (("Ninjagoof" is disabled for this turn!))

>> [[[ The Turn has ended! ]]]

TURN >> 2

>> (("Ninjagoof" starts this turn with 15 ENG!))

Users, Execute your allowed actions!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I move forward one block and deploy my flamethrower. I'm guessing I'm also able to attack, if so, I rev up my miniguns and continue my attack on the Cubot.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
RandomCommander

ERROR >> you are not able to attack in this portion of the turn. Also, where do you want to place the flamethrower turret?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
happystickman
Back From the Dead

In the space ahead of me. And now I noticed the movement message.

Last edited by happystickman; 08-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.
happystickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
RandomCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefpuppy's Dumb Page
Last Activity: 07-27-2012 09:58 PM
Yeaahhh..... Flippin' lurkers. I don't think he's playing... So I guess I'll advance playtime by 1 day deadlines if you so wish, HSM.

>> "Hapstik" Initiates movement North.

>> "Hapstik" deploys a turret! It is a flamethrower turret!

>> "Chefpuppy" Is idle for (ever) this turn.

>> "Kingpunt" initiates program: "EMG_WELDING"

>> (( "Kingpunt's DEF goes up! ))

== Frantically, the Cubot shifts over to the left and opens another chest, it's supposed partner's chest, for more items to gain the advantage. ==

>> "Kingpunt" initiates movement West.

>> "Kingpunt" Opens a chest!

== The cubot sighs in relief as it attaches some sort of plate, a booster device of some sort and a datachip. It immediately uses the datachip and you notice the leg you damaged has slightly less burnt marks on it now... ==

>> "Kingpunt" Uses a "Recalibrate Datachip I"!

>> !! Left leg slightly repaired !!

>> !! Left leg Acutator no longer damaged! !!

>> "Ninjagoof" initiates movement South-South-East-South-South

>> "Ninjagoof" deactivates stealth.

== Hapstik suddenly finds a cyber-stalker appear beside him out of nowhere. In melee range, too. Uh-oh... ==

[Hapstik ENG left: 6 . . . .]
[Chefpuppy ENG left: 10]
[Kingpunt ENG left: 5 . . ]
[Ninjagoof ENG left: 10 .]

TURN >> 2

(If you notice, the robots with shields are now glowing...)

TURN STATUS -- ATTACK/HACK

Users, Execute your allowed actions (because they failed you for the final time... wait, wrong execution.)

Last edited by RandomCommander; 08-04-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: GAH! forgot the ENG left!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I tell my turret to burn that accursed ninjabot, and I train my twin miniguns on his partner, the Cubot.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
RandomCommander

Well, It's technically midnight here so here goes nuthin.

>> "Hapstik" Fires it's Minigun (x2)!

>> It Hits "Kingpunt"!

>> !! Damage to the Upper Torso, Double to the Lower! !!

>> !! Critical hit on the Energy Hub! !!

>> It Hits "Kingpunt"!

>> !! Lower Torso hit twice! !!

>> !! Critical hit on the Energy Hub! !!

>> !! "Kingpunt" LOWER TORSO DESTROYED! !!

>> !! Damage also done to the left arm and Upper Torso! !!

>> !! Critical Hit on the CPU! !!

>> <<< Cubot "Kingpunt" Is taking his last turn! >>>

>> "Hapstik"'s Flame turret fires it's Flamethrower!

>> It misses.

>> The flamethrower did not set any fires!

>> "Chefpuppy" is idle this turn.

>> "Kingpunt" fires it's Lascannon (x2)!

>> It misses

>> It hits "Hapstik"!

>> !! Tread Connector and Upper Torso hit! !!

== Satisfied that it finally landed a decent shot on you, the Cubot takes it's last cycle and collapses. ==

>> <<< Cubot "Kingpunt" Has been Destroyed! >>> (Credits earned: 55)

>> "Ninjagoof" Initiates program: "Corrupt" (x10)!

>> "Hapstik" Suffers Random Deterioration damage!

>> !! Critical hit on the CPU and Weapon link! !!

== Hapstik Feels a very violent jittery feeling all around him, as if there is an earthquake nobody but him feels. The Cyber-Stalker laughs at it's successful sneak attack, but turns back to reality as he notices Hapstik's eyes turn red again. ==

TURN >> 3

Users, You know what the heck to do!