Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Megadog
The Demagogue

Default Re: Mafia 26 - Mass Effect Mafia

No message here either, but clearly this game suffers from lurking problems. We should try to get something done today.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
wedxzas
Dumb Person

I got no message either.

&&&
wedxzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Huh, Thats weird that I am the only one. We do have a significant lurker problem, we really just need to get talking. What do you guys think of there being no kills two nights in a row?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Vote: Julian. The Mafia is OBVIOUSLY inactive, THATS why they haven't made kills.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #25
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Vote Count (4 to lynch)
Julian - 1
wedzxas - 1

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 04-19-2013 at 01:18 AM.
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
Megadog
The Demagogue

Sounds reasonable, and at this point there's not much else happening, so let's give this a shot.

VOTE: Julian
Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #27
seamonkey
spoon eater

I'm honestly not quite as sure about an inactive (by inactive I assume you mean lurky) mafia. It's Day 3 and we haven't seen a kill yet. Furthermore in the original post Sonic said he would deal harshly with lurkers. At the point this is true I think it is safe to assume that the mafia haven't just not been sending PM's, and have either A been sending in no kills or B. the evil faction doesn't make kills e.g. a cult. If the former is the truth then it makes absolutely no sense to start making kills. Rather give the cop as much time as possible to make inspections. If the latter is the case lets assume 1 initial cult member. By this time they would of accumulated two additional members. That's 3 of 7 making it essentially LoL. (assuming a convert each night) Pointedly a scenario involving a convert every other night with 3 initial members also bodes ill.. If that's the case then for obvious reasons we need to be absolutely sure of the cult member. As this is a possibility I think it might outweigh the chance of an inactive mafia. (of course that is probably what, assuming this is the situation, would want us to think) So let's take a look at the grand total of 18 posts (26-8 by sonic), throughout this thread.

TJ: TJ has been relatively prolific, which is good. He has discussed whether we should make a lynch (although to date hasn't specified anybody, which isn't particularly unique, so whatever) There is also the issue of the night message. Does anybody have any idea where this came from? In any case I don't really see a reason to distrust it...I suspect the most likely place it came from is directly from the host, or perhaps some sort of one way masonic role. (maybe to different people even?)

Seamonkey: as usual, I won't comment on myself.

RC: has also posted a fair amount all things considered, in two of his posts seemed relatively committed to not lynching anyone. He said so days 2 and 3. I don't know absolutely what to make of this considering. I do think it's reasonable to go this is strange what is happening. Let's sit tight. But at the same time, I get scared when people continually try to no lynch (or lynch to quick admittedly)

Gigacat: Gigacat's posts have predominately been about Sonic's mysterious statements, which I'm fine with. The problem is he doesn't really address anything outside of that, other than the need to talk. Of course this all changes a few posts ago when he Votes Julian, saying that the mafia is inactive and thus vote Julian. While I am OK with voting Julian, I would love a reason first. I will withhold judgement until I get a reasoned response on why specifically Julian is voted. (I'm voting a different way. for what seems like very similar reasons. Why not Wedxzas for example?)

Julian: Julian is also somewhat suspicious. He has also made one post, namely lamenting the lack of information and discussion. He does come to the conclusion that because of this we should not lynch which makes some sens. But at the same time he hasn't been active which at the least makes me somewhat hostile towards Julian.

Megadog: Made three posts. 2 of them I think were helpful. One talked about how the baddies might act, and as someone who loves theorizing about that kind of stuff I can wholeheartedly support. The other is a vote on Julian. I'm don't love that vote because it bandwaggons on another with very little reasoning. At this point at the least I'd like some explanation. Is it purely Julian's lurkiness? (note that Megadog's justification was saying he agreed with Gigacat, who himself provided scant information.

Wedxzas: has made one post containing 5 words. I think at the point it is day 3 and you've so far made one post that contains no thought or analysis on other players actions is a bit unacceptable. All Wedxzas has said so far is that he didn't get a message. I think the least he could do is provide something. I understand Wedxzas is somewhat new to the game, and didn't post a lot last game either, but I do think that some higher level of action is needed. Furthermore when TJ received his message, Wedxzas was the only person who thus far had not made a single post. This is much more shaky reason to lynch him, but there is the chance it came from a knowing source (perhaps some speech impediment role?) Lastly whether you be cult or mafia I think that lurking (as much as I hate to admit it), is a strategic decision. Thus Vote: Wedxzas

(analysis on individual players order by what order they made a post in)
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #28
Megadog
The Demagogue

I was assuming that the mafia was infact inactive, meaning Julian, the person who's last post was longest ago, was probably the leader. I admit I did not consider a cult, and considering the comment about the mafia spreading, I'll concede this is probably at least just as likely. So, UNVOTE: Julian, for now anyway.

However, if they are a cult, we still need do deduce who it is, because there have been no deaths since the start of the game and they will just continue to grow during each night.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #29
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I'd just like to point out that lurking is not the same as being inactive - I've been here and I've been watching, there just hasn't been enough evidence for anything or anything to comment on.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

I never intended to get a lynch on Julian, rather I was trying to spark discussion. It worked. Seamonkeys BWOT pointed out a few things: mainly wedxzas's lack of input. Megadog's bandwagon also seems a bit odd so I will Vote: Megadog.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #31
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Vote Count (4 to lynch)
Megadog - 1
wedzxas - 1

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 04-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I think I'll agree to VOTE: MEGADOG. His bandwagoning and reasoning thereof were rather suspicious, and the best I think we have to go on.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #33
seamonkey
spoon eater

I'll agree Megadog is pretty suspicious, but I would like to hear some defense.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I'll agree Megadog is pretty suspicious, but I would like to hear some defense.
I am thoroughly convinced at this point as too Seamonkey's innocence, then again if he is mafia thats exactly what he would want me to think. I'm awful at being town, way too trusting. My current POS is at Julian, the easy defense followed by turnaround but I have no proof and no real strong inclination to believe he is mafia.

While I agree the Megadog is suspicious I think lynching him this quickly is a bit extreme. Gigacats quick turnaround is similarly suspicious. Honestly I just dont have enough to go off of. I suspect Seamonkeys post will really help get us talking though. For now I will continue to wait though I agree that action should occur soon.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #35
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, Megadog's bandwagoning and sudden retraction are both really suspicious, but I want to focus on Wedzxas, because if there is a town-vs-cult scenario, lurking seems the best option for the cult. Wedzxas is a prominent example, only posting when input seems "really necessary," and then still keeping his posts minimal. Speaking as if I used to be a new mafia player, this "I'm new here" shield shall prove very effective in this twist of game, and so I want to break that ASAP.

This isn't your time anymore, newbies. VOTE: Wedzxas

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Day ends with no decision made. The supply shipment sent by the Citadel Council has arrived, certain Spectres have now gained new equipment.

It is now Night 3. Day in 48 hours.

Player List
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #37
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

It is now Day 4. Night in 72 hours, 4 to lynch.

Player List
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #38
seamonkey
spoon eater

So Vote Wexzdas I still think he is the most suspicious. Also Megadog, but some time (say 48 hours) must be given for some defense.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #39
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
I was assuming that the mafia was infact inactive, meaning Julian, the person who's last post was longest ago, was probably the leader. I admit I did not consider a cult, and considering the comment about the mafia spreading, I'll concede this is probably at least just as likely. So, UNVOTE: Julian, for now anyway.

However, if they are a cult, we still need do deduce who it is, because there have been no deaths since the start of the game and they will just continue to grow during each night.
Sorry, but this is all I can really say. There is no more to the story, because it states outright why I thought voting Julian was a good idea.

As for voting wexdes, if he's survived this long without being tagged as lurking, he's clearly interacting at night. This could indicate he is the equivalent of a godfather or cult leader or whatever, but I'd like to see a reply of some sort before voting.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #40
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

My guess, by "equipment" it means people are going to start dying. I suppose out of everyone Wexzdas is the one to kill but still.