Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Default Re: Mafia 27: Amulet Mafia

Of course, I am just saying some roles have a good will to not claim, like the Cop for instance (assuming there is one... since I'm a miller it is likely), so as not to draw attention like BH just did.

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Millers don't know they appear guilty, so unless you're a slightly modified role from Gigacat, I'm not going to assume you're innocent just yet...
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #23
RandomCommander

I believe to be slightly modified.

I currently have 1 Amulet, and when I have no amulets, my miller role goes in effect, but if I give that one amulet to someone, I will now look guilty upon inspections.

Somewhat simple.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #24
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomCommander View Post
I believe to be slightly modified.

I currently have 1 Amulet, and when I have no amulets, my miller role goes in effect, but if I give that one amulet to someone, I will now look guilty upon inspections.

Somewhat simple.
AFAIK, everyone does that, you're just a townie.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #25
RandomCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
Mine says I have 2 Amulet. I don't know if that means I have 2 Amulets or I have Amulet #2 (I am player #2 on the board), But then it says I may give "this" amulet to Any player at any time. So I guess it's Amulet #2.

Some other things it says:

- I may talk to any player any time via PM
- If I hold 3 Amulets, I may choose a player during the night to protect.
- I cannot protect myself.
It seems he does not have that rule applied to him, unless otherwise stated.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #26
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

I dont know, perhaps. It could be that whenever anyone does not have an amulet they might be mafia, I just dont know though.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Day ends with no lynch. Night will last 3 days, so get talking!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Let's get talking dawgs.

Last edited by Boneheads; 05-04-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #29
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Its night. Please dont talk, i was referencing via PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #30
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Day begins, once again with no deaths!

- Megadog
- Boneheads
- Pewskeepski
- Wedxzas
- Texasjoshua
- RandomCommander
- seamonkey

Day lasts 96 hours, 4 to lynch

Last edited by Gigacat; 05-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
RandomCommander

With two days in a row with no death, it is safe to assume the mafia do not yet have the power to kill. If they had, Boneheads should have died by now, so good on that. This is a good time to go over what we have pmed eachother about.

I shall start in saying last night I talked with TJ, Pew and BH. My conversation with Pew seemed normal, and I knew BH claimed as doctor too early, but I would like to point out TJ asked me for amulets. I feel that I should keep my amulet until the absolute need arises, for I already stated that I am viewed as guilty upon cop inspections if i find myself without amulets.

Do you have anything additional to add to this, TJ, or should we let all the other townies decide?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
Megadog
The Demagogue

I am highly suspicious of TJ at this point, due to both his request for amulets and one other point that I want to keep secret a bit longer (until I can find more than one person who has or hasn't commented on it).

I do not suggest sending amulets yet, as we should work out who people are first. Also, we should probably try not to send them to more than one person, in case that person is mafia, at which point a kill the following night would indicate that he got amulets and therefor is guilty.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomCommander View Post
With two days in a row with no death, it is safe to assume the mafia do not yet have the power to kill. If they had, Boneheads should have died by now, so good on that. This is a good time to go over what we have pmed eachother about.

I shall start in saying last night I talked with TJ, Pew and BH. My conversation with Pew seemed normal, and I knew BH claimed as doctor too early, but I would like to point out TJ asked me for amulets. I feel that I should keep my amulet until the absolute need arises, for I already stated that I am viewed as guilty upon cop inspections if i find myself without amulets.

Do you have anything additional to add to this, TJ, or should we let all the other townies decide?
Indeed I did, I asked someone else for an amulet as well but I don't remember who right off the bat. I would prefer not to role claim as of yet but I will admit to being able to make use of the amulets.(not just hoarding them :P) I of course dont think Im all that suspicious, but that is just me.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
seamonkey
spoon eater

That would be me you asked for amulets from.
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #35
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

That's right, well for now I supose I can see the wisdom in holding on to amulets, keep people from being dead and all, esp. BH. But if we are holding on to amulets what shall we do, it appears as if we are forced to deduce things through talking!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasjoshua
That's right, well for now I supose I can see the wisdom in holding on to amulets, keep people from being dead and all, esp. BH. But if we are holding on to amulets what shall we do, it appears as if we are forced to deduce things through talking!
That could be a problem. If we don't share our amulets, nothing's gonna happen, so we must either continue discussion or give and see what happens.

In the meantime, does anybody seem lynch-worthy? Wedxas isn't saying... anything. But I'd prefer to not be all like "Oh, nobody's talking! Let's kill a lurker!" Boneheads also hasn't said much, but apparently he's the Doctor, sooo... I'm quite curious why Megadog is so highly suspicious of Texasjoshua. Granted, requesting an amulet could be the sign of a mafia, but in his defense we all need amulets to use our powers.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #37
Megadog
The Demagogue

Except it also makes the owner appear mafia to inspection. Only those with more than one amulet should pass them round, at least when we are still getting used to the way amulets work.

As for why, well my above statement kind of says it. TJ didn't seem to understand that without amulets we appear as mafia, yet it is pretty clear about this in the roles. It's rather metagaming, but it is never the less something I would expect each townie to understand.

For similar reasons, BH is a little suspicious because he didn't cover it in his roleclaim. However, I feel he simply assumed that we understood that already, and the omission of it has proven at least slightly useful.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
Except it also makes the owner appear mafia to inspection. Only those with more than one amulet should pass them round, at least when we are still getting used to the way amulets work.

As for why, well my above statement kind of says it. TJ didn't seem to understand that without amulets we appear as mafia, yet it is pretty clear about this in the roles. It's rather metagaming, but it is never the less something I would expect each townie to understand.

For similar reasons, BH is a little suspicious because he didn't cover it in his roleclaim. However, I feel he simply assumed that we understood that already, and the omission of it has proven at least slightly useful.
I dont think thats entirely true. It could be different for me, but am not under the impression that we need our amulets to remain appearing town. Based on what Random Commander said about generic townies I guess I can see how you got that. Seems a bit suspicious to me though that you are basing everything off of that.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
seamonkey
spoon eater

I will not be posting for the next two days, and will be relatively inactive through tuesday. Sorry I just have a bunch of AP exams I need to study for. (one down only 5 left ) I do have some thoughts; crunched for time.
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #40
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjoshua View Post
I dont think thats entirely true. It could be different for me, but am not under the impression that we need our amulets to remain appearing town. Based on what Random Commander said about generic townies I guess I can see how you got that. Seems a bit suspicious to me though that you are basing everything off of that.
The fact that his role is consistent with my own makes me suspect it is either reserved for generic town or for town in general. The death of any power role would confirm or deny this, but no one is dying and I don't exactly want one to die...