Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #41
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Default Re: Amulet Mafia 2.0!

My prime suspect currently is actually TJ... But why would TJ give me amulets if he was mafia? Wouldn't that just decrease his chances? Maybe, maybe not. I claimed doctor, it's possible that any non-mafia player would send me amulets. Besides, a doctor is pointless if he's protecting the mafia

TJ requested that I protect him tonight, likely so that I would waste my protection (After all, why should he live anyway? Why not protect the cop?)

Then he attacked SC, knowing SC was really probably the prime suspect (It makes sense to me that the mafia would benefit from seeing where the amulets are, this also explains why there was no kill one night. That theory was clearly wrong though.)
TJ knew I would either protect him, or HM. So he was in the clear to go off and take out SC.

TJ was also a suspect early on, after poorly phrasing responses at the beginning of the game and asking for everyone to collect the amulets in one place.

The only evidence against HM is that he roleclaimed cop, which is a pretty easy move for a mafia to pull off. That said, he knew the specifics of how the amulets worked. He didn't investigate on night one. He knew amulets didn't get 'used up'... I think he pulled off the crime quite smoothly if he is the mafia. He wouldn't have killed off SC though, killing off a major suspect is not so great a move, unless you're going for a flashy and daring victory rather than making the safe move.
I'll have to revisit this thought later.

I am interested in SC's last gasp, if he wants to help assemble a timeline of when and where amulets were.
(I can just imagine him laying there, gasping for life, drawing out little charts and bar graphs. A scientist to the end!)
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

I'm fairly sure texasjoshua has been giving out amulets in order to avert suspicion. I had a small he-knows-I-know-he-knows-I-know type moment for my first investigation, that I should of acted on, instead of going for BlueDwarf who I wasn't sure about at all.

Also I know how amulets work because it says how in my role PM. Gigacat proving himself a capable host for more advanced games isn't really evidence. Since I started with one amulet, I couldn't investigate.

Maybe sonicchaos can untangle this madness.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #43
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

To be fair it is irrelevant at this point whether you had inspected me or not. Cause you are either telling the truth or lying, also everyone please note that we HAVE to lynch today. Otherwise mafia kills and wins.

So Blue Dwarf your gonna have to choose at some point.

Me and hyperme can go on forever about the "i know you know he knew" thing forever.As to the doctor choice I won't deny that yea I wanted Blue Dwarf to protect me so I didn't end up dead, seems self-explanatory. It wouldn't be that much of a jump for hyperme to predict that because I gave him the amulets he[Blue Dwarf} would protect me.

I am rather disappointed that Sonic hasn't weighed in yet. Just take into account Blue Dwarf that we have to make a lynch today or its a loss for the town. I mean, we still have a couple days I think to discuss as much as everyone wants. Still though, default mafia wins.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #44
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

GC gave no official limit on how long the day was, did he?

He said he would be absent for 10 days, so I assume we have all the time in the world to reach a conclusion. I'm still waiting to hear from SC though.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #45
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Sorry for being a bump, but I'm too lazy to rammage through old posts to know this series of games. Could I get a little description about what these mafia games are about.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #46
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
Sorry for being a bump, but I'm too lazy to rammage through old posts to know this series of games. Could I get a little description about what these mafia games are about.
This isn't the place to comment :P There is a rules thread and I' say take a look at that, this is an active game. So its a rude dude thing to do to post in it :P

Blue Dwarf, I'm getting the feeling that sonic ins't gonna last gasp. So you might need to figure things out yourself, feel free to ask me anything that will help you in coming to a conclusion. You are right though, we do have quite awhile to talk. Might as well make use of it.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #47
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjoshua View Post
Blue Dwarf, I'm getting the feeling that sonic ins't gonna last gasp. So you might need to figure things out yourself, feel free to ask me anything that will help you in coming to a conclusion. You are right though, we do have quite awhile to talk. Might as well make use of it.
Guys, it's obvious.

texasjoshua is evil! He's using manipulative language to convince people to make him their primary info-source. Which is mafia-like.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #48
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Unfortunately, due to exams, I haven't been able to keep up with the game the past couple of days. And, in fact, completely forgot to check TJ's amulets last night.

To provide a list of who I inspected:
Night 1, hyperme had 1 amulet.
Night 2, Blue Dwarf had 1 amulet.

Something I have noticed, though - if I remember correctly Megadog had 2 amulets when he died, which were lost (presumably taken by his killer).

TJ had a bunch of amulets to give out.

Coincidence?

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Guys, it's obvious.

texasjoshua is evil! He's using manipulative language to convince people to make him their primary info-source. Which is mafia-like.
Hyperme, you are welcome to question whatever you want as well. This is gonna sound so cliche but i got nothin to hide.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #50
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I'm thinking I shall have to vote for TJ pretty quick here.

The evidence is just so stacked... Either you're the mafia, or HM played a good game. I don't really have concrete evidence either way, I suppose if GC supplied HM with specifics of how the game worked... Then I would almost certainly have to say HM was the mafia. The only thing HM has going is that he knew things, and that's a really weak platform to stand on since he could have received that info in his role PM.

We could continue to debate, but I don't see you really changing my mind. I'm not sure that you're the mafia by any means, but it just seems so much more likely that you are. Each piece of evidence on its own could be talked away, but as I said everything is just so stacked. I'm almost suspicious because of how much it is...

I think the most condemning thing you've done all game is suggest that all the amulets be stored in one place. That was just silly, and now it's going to get you lynched.

Vote: TJ
Old 10-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #51
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Okay proof I'm not mafia:

<lack of gloating>

Anyhow someone please explain how Gigacat explain to me how my role works is in anyway suspicious? Sure I extrapolated, but it's not that crazy.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #52
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Here's my thinking in three different situations:
First:
Let's say you are a mafia. You didn't get a power role PM, so you don't know something that all the other power role characters know. You don't know how power roles work, and that works to your disadvantage.

This is clearly not the case this game.

Second:
Let's say you are a cop. You got a power role PM, you now have exclusive info that only power role players have (Ex, you start with one amulet. You need two in order to act). You can use this to your advantage, as anyone who claims power role but doesn't know this is most likely lying, and people who do know this are most likely your allies that you can trust.

This seems to be the case this game.

Using this baseline of thinking, we can reach one simple conclusion:
You knew how power roles worked, so we could assume you are in fact town, and you have a power role.

Nothing suspicious here at all.

However, there is a third scenario that completely throws that line of thinking into the dumpster:

Let's say you are a mafia again. You didn't get a power role PM, but Gigacat DID tell you how the amulets and power roles work in this game. Now you do know how power roles work, and this works greatly to your advantage as that is unique info that others might assume ONLY the power roles knew. But you as the mafia know it too, so you can appear to be a power role by exposing your knowledge of how power roles work.

Since that is in fact the very first thing you did this game, it is perhaps slightly suspicious, isn't it?

This was the point that I was driving at. Nothing you have done this whole game can be held as concrete evidence. First you essentially roleclaim (Not a specific role, but you knew that power roles needed extra amulets.). Next you actually claim cop, and gain trust by telling people they are innocent. Then you kill the prime suspect and tell us he's a townie. All of these things, a mafia could have done.

The only point that really defends your case is that no one else was a cop. Perhaps there was no cop at all though, perhaps SC's role was meant to be the cop role (Search for suspiciously high amounts of amulets)

See, nothing is really concrete here. But all the factors stacked up, it's just really likely that TJ is the mafia. Though I wouldn't exactly be surprised if you had been the mafia.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #53
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

And that's a lynch, TJ was mafia, Hyperme a cop with 2 amulets and BD a doc with 2. Don't have much time at the mo, but I loved the final day.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #54
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Rats, Foiled Again. One mistake in the beginning got me deaded.