Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
tyconger191
Badguy

Default Re: Hamumu Motivational Posters Thread 2.0

http://ge.tt/

(look into it, it may be useful)

and

...you could put a lesser known section of links to add-ons here in the forums where any fans of hamumu could easily access them. Otherwise if you want to go on a larger scale, you could create a Facebook page as well, therefore attracting additional people, especially if you got the page popular. If the community were bigger, some people could probably get together to form a testing team, so as to be sure the worlds that get shared this way wouldn't be impossible, if this team were large enough, the rate of quality and well tested worlds being available to the public would be heightened because it wouldn't be all up to just one person (I assume that is what causes the wait, that there is only one WTG or something), rather it would be up to a large portion of the community working together as a team to provide quality gaming. Of course that is a mere fantasy that would likely never happen because the majority of the community is probably too sick of Dr. Lunatic and probably isn't willing to give it much attention. Nothing lasts forever and other than a small minority, I don't think many of its original owners care as much as they once did about this game. I still feel I can get fun out of the game and I very much intend to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessManiac View Post
Wow, you really opened my eyes too to a new possibility! But what Fire-Sharing services would you recommend, and how would we be able to get our worlds known by the net?

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-31-2014 at 09:51 AM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #42
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
...you could put a lesser known section of links to add-ons here in the forums where any fans of hamumu could easily access them. Otherwise if you want to go on a larger scale, you could create a Facebook page as well, therefore attracting additional people, especially if you got the page popular. If the community were bigger, some people could probably get together to form a testing team, so as to be sure the worlds that get shared this way wouldn't be impossible, if this team were large enough, the rate of quality and well tested worlds being available to the public would be heightened because it wouldn't be all up to just one person (I assume that is what causes the wait, that there is only one WTG or something), rather it would be up to a large portion of the community working together as a team to provide quality gaming. Of course that is a mere fantasy that would likely never happen because the majority of the community is probably too sick of Dr. Lunatic and probably isn't willing to give it much attention. Nothing lasts forever and other than a small minority, I don't think many of its original owners care as much as they once did about this game. I still feel I can get fun out of the game and I very much intend to do so.
There already sort of is a community world testing team, the ATC. Things are pretty slow though because many people are busy doing other things and don't feel that world approval is a big priority. With how slow things are I don't think it's fair to say getting a world officially approved is the be-all end-all of Dr. Lunatic world making it used to be.

My recommendation is to host the world download somewhere and just post a thread in the Dr. Lunatic section for your world. If it gets positive attention there it might encourage people to review it in the ATC and eventually get it on the site officially.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #43
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
http://ge.tt/

(look into it, it may be useful)

and

Nim Vier in essence, started a team himself, but again, it's just the usual triad of testers, Clancy Vierusia, Nim Vier, and me! And Spacemaniac, you just have a few small sized bugs to fix for your HH worlds.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #44
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Here is a change of pace, something finally up lifting, some of you may think!

Old 08-31-2014, 01:40 AM   #45
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Although most of you will not agree with me, and come at me with your sarcasms, I think the current state of Halloween is really getting frivolous. Although you may think it will be really hard to apply to the SWC contest, and you are right about that, I am not saying that everything has to be ambitious, no, all I am saying is that for Halloween to have some point to it, some meaning. Not just the usual Costume Party stuff, although you may bring up the point of, "Than why do you enjoy playing the old HHs?", well for one, I am a different person now, and two, why not experiment with different systems.

I am sure there is a lot more out there from the Celts. This is my opinion, and I am sharing it freely, uncensored.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #46
Megadog
The Demagogue

What exactly do you want? Your post is really ambiguous. Do you mean like the thread in TM, that was explained rather explicitly?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #47
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Before I continue, I would just like to say a random thought. Splitting people into boys and girls, either in a sports team, a computer game, or a project, is just stupid, immature, and teaches nothing at the end. It just makes people into male/female genderphobes and increases the ever so rampant sexism. I mean, what's wrong if you have a mix of gender in your group. This was really prominent in a school which I don't go to anymore because of their utter selfishness and totally idiotic mindset. The school principle came up on a stage at the usual assembly, and said that from now on, people should only have friends who are of the same gender as them. He justified it by saying that kids shouldn't be married or have relationships at such an age, (14), even if it was purely non-kissing and that sort of stuff. What was he thinking? If a boy or girl is friends with the opposite gender, suddenly they would want to marry? Anyway, to cut a long story short, I think it's just wrong to have hatred or separate people just because of their gender.
-------------------------------------------
To cool off, here is a poster:

Old 09-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #48
FlatOutLie
Cake

I would strongly disagree REACTOR you see Because it really is that way in society... girls and boys have different strong suits uselly boys have Strong build while girls have flexible builds therefor you can divide them into 2 different teams
Old 09-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutLie View Post
I would strongly disagree REACTOR you see Because it really is that way in society... girls and boys have different strong suits uselly boys have Strong build while girls have flexible builds therefor you can divide them into 2 different teams
Hmm, you have a point there, but I still think it's not a good way to go in some things.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #50
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

ChessManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #51
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Experimenting with GIF motivational posters.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:52 AM   #52
REACTOR
Question the trends!

By the way, if anyone is being really picky, I know that using "--" is very elegant/useful and not voodoo code. (This is also a snippet) I thought that since I am learning C Programming, I would do a semi-neutral poster based on what my father said about some programmers.

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-17-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #53
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Yeah you want to refactor that if statement out of the loop, since the value you're branching on doesn't change within the loop.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #54
ChessManiac
Dumb Person

ChessManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #55
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #56
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR
>using a photo from Little Rock, 1957
How is this a convincing argument? Maybe I would side with you if this photo was from the past decade, but it''s half a century old. America and the rest of the world have changed a lot since then, and even I wouldn't want to live in the south in the 1950's. Maybe a more powerful argument would have been a picture of the various police shootings that have happened in the past year, or the violent riots that occurred in certain eastern states. But public segregation is long gone and I'd like to see a source that claims the opposite.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 01-31-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #57
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I think very critically of them for good reasons.

And mind you, this racism still hasn't stopped over there. If you are just black doing nothing but walking on the streets of the USA in the present, 2014-2015, some policeman/woman will go after you, put some bullets through your head, and get away with it. It's that corrupt.

Edit: So yeah, nothing much has changed.

Last edited by REACTOR; 01-31-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 AM   #58
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
And mind you, this racism still hasn't stopped over there. If you are just black doing nothing but walking on the streets of the USA in the present, 2014-2015, some policeman/woman will go after you, put some bullets through your head, and get away with it. It's that corrupt.
Wow, this is awful.

Is there a problem with racial profiling in America? Yes. Is it morally wrong? Yes. And it's horrific that people are getting away with it. However, it is grossly irresponsible to suggest that racial minorities are being gunned down for walking in the street. The reason why this whole thing is such a mess is because these things are happening during some kind of conflict. However, police escalation happens much more often against minorities than against majorities.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #59
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Here is something not-so-serious...

Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #60
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Here is another one... Installation Art is so... hard to understand.

Last edited by REACTOR; 05-19-2015 at 09:19 PM.