Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Default Roll to Dodge: Inb4 Space Strategy game

...Because why not?

I shall be trying my best to keep this one alive though, but no guarantees!

HOW IT WORKS: You do something, and I roll a die to determine the results. You may earn bonuses and items that may help you with whatever goal you have.

NEW STUFF: As opposed to the old things, I like throwing in new stuff to these things, to make it tons more interesting (like I do with all my games).

- Dice Upgrades -
Everyone begins the game rolling a D6, but if you are lucky enough, your die may increase! If you are Unlucky, however, your dice may have a chance of DECREASING. So there is a bit of risk to every reward.

- NPC Players -
From time to time, I will add in other "players" of my own. They play just like real players, but I control their actions. Don't worry, they are just there to add flavor, so unless you annoy me they aren't going to be Absurdly powerful.

- Graphic Intensive! -
Instead of the usual text-based graphics list, I am giving your stats by picture. I feel it would be more interesting this way. It is very demanding, however, so I am limiting the player count. I also may add a map if there needs to be territories for factions and such (I'm looking at you, Hammer Up! :P ), this map could be anything from a piece of land to a galactic map.

With all this is mind, I have room for only 4 players!!! But the game will start once the first player signs up, so Sign up! Or Ngis up, whatever.

Signups:
1. TexasJoshua
2. Hammer Up!
3. . Blue Dwarf .
4. Megadog

WHOOPS Signups are full!

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!

Last edited by RandomCommander; 10-02-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Full signups yay!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Default Re: Roll to Dodge: Inb4 Space Strategy game

/join

First I shall begin by taking over the mobsters of chicago.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Of course I'll be joining this one!

I make a cool sword.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
RandomCommander

TexasJoshua: Roll 6 -- Okay, its a start, you have a small force of well-armed and well-dressed mobster hitmen. Wherever you got the funds from, it was worth it. +1 to control, Pet Mafia Get!

Hammer Up!: Roll 6 -- Wow, that sword is really cool! Literally, the blade is like, Ice cold! +1 to Crafting, Ice Sword Get!

Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Alright, time to step it up, lets take control of the greater chicago area.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I join.

As my first action, I attempt to conjure a fireball to throw at some bank somewhere. I needs money, or gold, or other valuables.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Megadog
The Demagogue

I make 3D Maneuver Gear in a paranoid frenzy to protect us from any titans that may suddenly appear.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I attack an evil mosnter with the sword.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
RandomCommander

Well, that was fast!

TexasJoshua: Roll 6 +1 +3 (10) -- Badda Bing Badda Boom, you own more than half of Chicago now. +1 to control, +1 to all rolls (mob support)! East side Chicago has noticed your rapid 2-turn expansion and is starting to invest in defences. [The East coast Mob Boss has joined the fray as an NPC]

Hammer Up!: Roll 3 +1 (4) -- You find an evil mosnter, a gobiln to be exact. You defeat it easily and turn it into a decent ice sculpture. Take that, misspeled cretures! +1 to Attack!

. Blue Dwarf .: Roll 3 -- You gather your magical energies and.... you feel nothing. That is a pretty high level spell, anyway. Try again.

Megadog: Roll 4 -- Well, it's already 3D, so you just make some maneuver gear. You make some pretty decent boots and shoulderpads, though! +1 to craft!

MAPS:

Chicago Gang war:

NPCs:

NOTE: For the dots beside the bonuses, Yellow means Upgraded, Green means used, Red means Downgraded. These colors can sometimes be mixed. Items also have their bonuses, although you will have to guess them. Pets have smaller die pools than you, but are worth it until they die/leave you

Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Magic missiles! Magic missiles I say!

I need that cash man!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Lets get the chicago government on my side, time to go all al capone.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I level up. :P
Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
Megadog
The Demagogue

I build the gas canisters, blade holders and blades of my 3D maneuver gear, allowing me to fight any large creature, but namely titans, at the first appearance of one.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #14
RandomCommander

Texasjoshua: Roll 1 +1 +2 (4) -- Something goes horribly wrong, when you first called and they didn't answer, immediately after you hung up a SWAT team breaks into your secret mob hideaway. Your Mafia mates take most of the fire, but you were nicked (had you no bonuses, you would've been severely wounded...). The Chicago government is now watching... -1 to all rolls!

Hammer Up!: Roll 2 (Chance) -- You only levl up when I say you levl up! That roll didn't say otherwise, so FIGHT SOME MOAR!!!1!

. Blue Dwarf .: Roll 3 -- You try again, and a magic missile appears! But it fizzles before it hits the bank... A for effort though! +1 to magics!
Thank goodness no one saw that...

Megadog: Roll 3 +1 (4) -- Okay, they're not as you expect, but you finish the blades and gas cans! Blade holders too, why not?
You swear something looms in the distance, but that's just your paranoia acting up...
Or is it?
Yeah, it is.
Really?
You're not sure anymore...

East Coast Mob Boss: Roll 3 +3 (6): The East coast builds barricades and road blocks for their territories, making it harder to navigate to important places under their control. +1 to defence!

MAPS:

Chicago Gang war:

NPCs:

EDIT: Derp! That pet bonus says +2, not +3! Can't fix that because lazy :/

NOTE: A player has started to take damage! You will notice a red bar start filling up on your name tag, watch out! If it fills up, you die, and if you die there is going to be a major penalty to your rolls until someone revives you. Unlike martial dice law, everyone will still play if all human players are dead. Pets also take damage, and if they die, they no longer give you their die pool worth of bonus until you resserect/restock them, or get a new pet. NPCs are able to go away, too, when a certain event or condition is met. Dying could be one of the ways to get rid of an NPC, but then again it could not!

There has also been a chance roll, which are percentiles based on your dice upgrade, no bonuses apply here, it is just pure chance! minimum roll is very bad, maximum roll is very good!

Last edited by RandomCommander; 10-03-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: See NPC stats...
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Hammer Up? Want to team up?

I'll acquire new weapons for my mafia, I'll need it.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Okay.

I attack evil zombies with my sword.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
RandomCommander

Just a warning:

Zombies are not actual mosnters, they are moNSters. unless you are looking for zombEIs.

....I keed, zombies it is.

Wait a few more for the other two to post, then I'm initiating the rolls.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Megadog
The Demagogue

Train with my gear in the nearest area of tall things I can find.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #19
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I take a new approach. I go around the back of the bank, crouch behind the safety of a dumpster, and cast Acid Splash on the wall where I figure the vault probably is.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
RandomCommander

There have been very bad rolls two rounds in a row, so I present to you the following:

Texasjoshua: Roll 1 +1 -1 +1 +1 (3) -- Your boys raid one of the local weapons compounds near your area from a smaller gang. They manage to steal some weapons, but then the lesser gang finds out and attacks. Your men that got out alive give you their reward, A nice Beretta. Should things get uglier with the Guv, you're ready now.

Hammer Up!: Roll 2 +1 +1 +1 (5) -- The zombie MoNSters prove to be lots tougher than the gobiln moSNters, you manage to hack and slash your way to chicago city, where your local but mysterious acquaintance TexasJoshua is located. You notice a few bites on you, but this "zombification" will wear out soon, fantasy effects are kind of like that... -1 to all rolls (Zombie Bite), +1 Defence! [You are now allied with Texasjoshua, the Unamed Fantasy Mafia Faction has been founded!]

. Blue Dwarf .: Roll 1 +1 +1 (3) -- You run behind the bank and successfully acid splash the back of the wall (it's a cantrip, after all...). The safe isn't there, you are going to have to sneak in... +1 to Magics!

Megadog: Roll 2 +3 (5) -- You practice your new set, and by the head Titan hunter, it is awesome! As a matter of fact, your skills are so well, a fellow retired Titan hunter watched and offered you his gear! It is one step up from your previous gear! Armor enchanted, Longblades get! (I really don't know if this is from somewhere, forgive me if I mess up...)

You get that tingling feeling someone or something is watching you... and no, it is not the retired Titan hunter you met earlier...

East Coast Mob Boss: Roll 3 +1 +3 (7) -- The boss calls for his buddies from Taiwan, two transports and a battleship has appeared to help the quickly escalating gang war effort. +2 to all rolls (Foreign Friends)!

MAPS:

Chicago Gang War:

FACTIONS:

SOLO HUMAN PLAYERS:

NPCs:

NOTE: A faction has been made, you can now have combined bonuses or penalties when certain things happen to your faction in general! Whoever decides to be the leader shall be able to use diplomacy and manage their ranks.

Also, a Round Bonus has been added, I may add these from time to time to spice things up, due to randomness or some well-needed reason (like for example the dice have been against us lately...) These may be anything from adding or subtracting your rolls to preventing certain players from acting on their turns! Be very careful about these!