Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Going To Leave Hamumu For A While

Hello Everybody! I'm thinking of just confirming whether GESYes received my piece of the cake for The Search 2 (If he ever appears again), finishing WW11, and going away for a few months. I'll still answer any PMs or emails you have sent me. I just won't do any serious stuff in the fora.
_____
Note for Spacemaniac:

If you sign me in for the PSW, please message me and I'll do it even though I'm leaving for a few months.

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-12-2013 at 12:44 AM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Re: Going To Leave Hamumu For A While

I decided that I'm going to leave for a whole year. The problem I have here is that nobody cares! I do more then you think! First, no one bothers to ask whether they want to test my 8 other worlds. Everyone here always say they are busy, I created a witch tree pack and apparently, no one cares. Everybody takes forever to answer my messages, except for Tyler. And what's up with this sentence from Spacemaniac's PM, we made a pack not to let in any new members! I'M A NEW MEMBER!?!? And almost all of you make assumptions of me, oh REACTOR hasn't finished a single world, REACTOR is advertising the Atari 2600! I even spent days working on the TABC, and I even tested and did private testing on a few worlds. Only Hammer Up said thank you. Goodbye!

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-16-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #3
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
I decided that I'm going to leave for a whole year. The problem I have here is that nobody cares! I do more then you think! First, no one bothers to ask whether they want to test my 8 other worlds. Everyone here always say they are busy, I created a witch tree pack and apparently, no one cares. Everybody takes forever to answer my messages, except for Tyler. And what's up with this sentence from Spacemaniac's PM, we made a pack not to let in any new members! I'M A NEW MEMBER!?!? And almost all of you make assumptions of me, oh REACTOR hasn't finished a single world, REACTOR is advertising the Atari 2600! I even spent days working on the TABC, and I even tested and did private testing on a few worlds. Only Hammer Up said thank you. Goodbye!
I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here. The reason nothing happens anymore is because everybody has become LAZY. I mean, sure, we lost quite a bit of members from them growing up and becoming busy, but we have enough members still active that we should be able to keep on participating in Dumb Dares, HH/WW/SS, Mafias, Personal Game Projects, Test worlds, and all that fun forum stuff. However, it's just starting to get old. The good times were when there was still Hamupload, WTG, and new Flash Games. But it's never anything new. So people get tired of the same old things (dumb dares, HH/WW/SS, mafias (however people still play mafia ), personal game projects, test worlds, etc.) so we just kind of slow down gradually.

So it's not that everybody doesn't care about you, it's that everybody doesn't care about the forums. (as much)

EDIT: Let me correct myself. I wrote this right before I went to bed. Should gotten some sleep before I posted.

I have become lazy. Or, at least, lost energy. I'm a teenager now, and I've just been tired all the time. And people like SM, Hyperme (?), Megadog (?), HSB (?), and many other older members are adults now as far as I know and so are much more busy nowadays.

Last edited by Boneheads; 12-16-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here. The reason nothing happens anymore is because everybody has become LAZY. I mean, sure, we lost quite a bit of members from them growing up and becoming busy, but we have enough members still active that we should be able to keep on participating in Dumb Dares, HH/WW/SS, Mafias, Personal Game Projects, Test worlds, and all that fun forum stuff. However, it's just starting to get old. The good times were when there was still Hamupload, WTG, and new Flash Games. But it's never anything new. So people get tired of the same old things (dumb dares, HH/WW/SS, mafias (however people still play mafia ), personal game projects, test worlds, etc.) so we just kind of slow down gradually.

So it's not that everybody doesn't care about you, it's that everybody doesn't care about the forums. (as much)
While he's not entirely correct, Boneheads has the right idea. No one 'doesn't care' more about what you do, they just don't care in general (or don't have time. I meant to put this here in the first place, as I knew it applied to me, SM and quite a few others on the site, but I appear to have forgotten.) I feel you should know in advance that in a years time there will likely be LESS people caring. I still think something could be done but I and everyone else who can help forum side have become too busy to do so, and Jamul is working on Growtopia, and has little time for us outside checking the forums. I hate to point out but I've been the doomsayer of Hamumu for years, not because I want it to die, but because I hoped if people knew, we could work to stop it...

Anyway, it's your choice, so do what you like.

Last edited by Megadog; 12-16-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Yay people technically making assumptions about me when talking about sets I'm an element of. No wait that's terrible.

So first: Caring, lazing and other such things. Have you considered some of us simply have less time? I've been a forum member for five years. During that time I've progressed through several stages of education with increasing amounts of work as time goes by. Additionally, I have other things to I like to do. When it comes down to it, I'd rather spend my time working on my current Spelunky mod than test Supreme worlds. Also you'd be surprised to find out how much time Kingdom of Loathing eats up, especially during events. Events will optimal loot even!

Second: The Pointless Story World needs to be finished. In was started in 2005. That's eight years ago. Like nine people on the first page have left Hamumu. Accepting new people as in new to the project will further delay it's release.

Third: Leaving will only the make the problem worse. I mean we can barely get enough people for Mafia, which is sad! But the less people there are, the more likely others are to leave. Good job?

Also if you aren't aware, over 1200 downloads. And then I'll update Editor+ by the end of the week probably and wipe out that count. Seriously thought I occasionally become a massive jerk on some other forum so don't cyber stalk me. Not everywhere is as nice as Hamumu and actually nice instead of vaguely creepy when you start looking deeper.

Edit: Also on the cyber stalking front it takes like 3 pages on Google before I show up and not people who have the same web name as me. So ha!

Last edited by hyperme; 12-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down

Reactor, I don't know if you're just trying to make a point but you aren't improving the forums by leaving. I think it's great that you're normally a very active forum member, and I hope that you continue being active.
It doesn't need said again but the problem here is that a website based on a software company can't live for long without any new software. Of course there's Growtopia, but everything about that game seems so disconnected from this community. The fact that there hasn't been a journal entry in over a month is also slightly concerning but won't hate on Jamul for that.
I don't think anyone has magically become more lazy. Everyone has a different life and different stuff to do. Don't assume they all have the same amount of free time as you.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 12-16-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Maybe it isn't the community. But I'm leaving anyway, as I said, I may be back in a few months or a year.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #8
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-17-2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: ...