Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 03-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #21
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Default Re: Time Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
Real quick: above posts all make the assumption that hyperme was indeed mafia, which is highly likely. That said it is not 100% definitive due to the whole no death reveal thing. Just saying we should keep this slim possibility in mind.
Two people claimed that they had info on him, and since reactor is dead, It's pretty certain that Hyperme was indeed mafia.

Actually I doubt town would have gotten a doctor+cop setup for a seven person game, and it makes more sense to me that Hyperme had some time based protection or third party role who can't make actions until a delay of ceirtain number of days.

Hammer up revealed Hyperme as mafia before reactor did, so he did it without the frame of "its inevitable so I'll just cash in towncred" making his cop claim pretty undisputable.

I think its down to megadog or seamonkey, and because I was ninjad when I posted that megadog had no content, I'll have to go with the latter.

Vote: seamonkey
Old 03-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #22
seamonkey
spoon eater

Wait is your justification for thinking I'm mafia the fact that I pointed out it's possible (but highly unlikely), that the mafia is stronger than we think it is? If I was mafia I would have an incentive to NOT say that. A good strategy for the mafia team is to make themselves weak, so that they can get further in the game with less suspicion. Saying it is possible that we are underestimating them is antithetical to this.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #23
Megadog
The Demagogue

By reactor, do you mean Spacemaniac? Also, I agree with Seamonkey that it is possible that the mafia is stronger than we think. With the lack of role reveals on death, it's very difficult to know what's really going on in this game.

Right now, I hold suspicion on N64 Lord, but it's minor. HM and BD are pretty much confirmed town at this point, and I know I'm town, so for me it's down to N64 and Seamonkey. I will refrain from voting yet, but currently I'd vote N64.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #24
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Quote:
Wait is your justification for thinking I'm mafia the fact that I pointed out it's possible (but highly unlikely), that the mafia is stronger than we think it is? If I was mafia I would have an incentive to NOT say that. A good strategy for the mafia team is to make themselves weak, so that they can get further in the game with less suspicion. Saying it is possible that we are underestimating them is antithetical to this.
I disagree on this count. Because we don't know, bringing it up encourages town to speculate on something that they can't get the hard facts; reducing the time we have to come to a consensus on what to do with the day.

I need to slow down before I say reactor instead of spacemaniac again.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
seamonkey
spoon eater

OK, let's pretend the slim possibility is not brought up, but is true. 2 mafia out of 5 people. At that point a wrong lynch terminates the game. Bringing this up may delay consensus, but it also makes us more cautious about lynching the wrong person. Your persistence in thinking there is only one mafia (which IMO is still highly likely), is worrying.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 AM   #26
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I think we should reach a decision soon, or we'll end up with no lynch as the deadline comes.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:19 AM   #27
seamonkey
spoon eater

Do you mean decide who to lynch, or decide if we should lynch?

Megadog n64 and I are in a similar siutaion. One of us is almost certainly evil, and possibly a second. based on this the townies have to decide who to lynch b/w the other two. (or if advantageous let themselves be offed, which in this situation isn't particularly good with this rule about no death reveals) If we make a lynch I tend towards n64 because of his unwillingness to consider a possible scenario. Overall I think a lynch is wise (never thought I'd say that...I'm usually pretty cautious about this type of thing. but hey when making a lynch is prudent...) If there are two mafia it is LoL. If there is one (which once again is the far more likely of the scenarios), then we whittle down the unknown crowd. A good investment when one of the potential outcomes is not losing. Thus even though there isn't a terrible amount of evidence I Vote N64

Last edited by seamonkey; 03-05-2014 at 03:19 AM. Reason: capitalization
Old 03-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
Megadog
The Demagogue

Seamonkey has made a decent argument, and I already harbored suspicion of N64 Lord, so VOTE: N64 LORD
Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #29
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I find seamonkey to be contradictory.

One mafia left is what town should be seeing. There can only be two if Hammer Up lied about his inspect yesterday. However, we have more than that. There is hyperme's tone in his twilight post, which definitely came from an anti town role.
I'm playing well because I acknoledge the best point, but I'm suspicous because I reject something I think is impossible at the same time is a shaky argument to support.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #30
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Quote:
Megadog n64 and I are in a similar siutaion. One of us is almost certainly evil, and possibly a second. based on this the townies have to decide who to lynch b/w the other two. (or if advantageous let themselves be offed, which in this situation isn't particularly good with this rule about no death reveals) If we make a lynch I tend towards n64 because of his unwillingness to consider a possible scenario. Overall I think a lynch is wise (never thought I'd say that...I'm usually pretty cautious about this type of thing. but hey when making a lynch is prudent...) If there are two mafia it is LoL. If there is one (which once again is the far more likely of the scenarios), then we whittle down the unknown crowd. A good investment when one of the potential outcomes is not losing. Thus even though there isn't a terrible amount of evidence I Vote N64
Decide who to lynch, I don't think a no lynch is worth it in this situation.
If you really believe there's a chance that there is two mafia left, then Hammer Up must be on your list of suspects. Your reason for voting me suggests that you do, but your stated list is N64lord,seamonkey,megadog. You remain my preferred vote.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #31
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

After bickering and debating the town can simply not come to an agreement and the townsfolk drift back to their houses undecided....

It is now Night 3, Day 3 will begin in 48 hours.

1. Megadog
2. N64 Lord
3. Hammer Up!
4. .Blue Dwarf.
5. Seamonkey

Dead Players:
1)Hyperme
2)Spacemaniac

Standard mafia rules apply EXCEPT, roles will not be revealed upon death.

No last gasps.

Last edited by texasjoshua; 03-05-2014 at 02:06 PM.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #32
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

A Quiet night.

It is now Day 3, Night 4 will begin in 72 hours.

1. Megadog
2. N64 Lord
3. Hammer Up!
4. .Blue Dwarf.
5. Seamonkey

Dead Players:
1)Hyperme
2)Spacemaniac

Standard mafia rules apply EXCEPT, roles will not be revealed upon death.

No last gasps.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #33
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Looks like the doctor saved someone! Yay! Or the mafia didn't send a kill.

Anyway, I inspected N64 Lord. He's actually innocent!

Last edited by Hammer Up!; 03-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Hammer Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #34
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Did Hammer Up get anything?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #35
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I just posted

Anyway, this means we only got seamonkey and Megadog here. I'd vote right now, but I'll see what they have to say.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #36
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I'm always behind the times.

We can win the game instantly if the doctor or whatever isn't blue dwarf and they speak up now, and w still have a mislynch open.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Well, we aren't sure if we really have one though.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #38
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I'm not devious enough to check if people were active, but it takes something to get the mafia to let a cop act freely.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #39
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

Oh right. I didn't play for a really long time, there are things that I don't notice or think about.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #40
Megadog
The Demagogue

Well, at this stage, assuming HU is correct, I can only VOTE: SEAMONKEY.

I can't really help any other way, I'm afraid. I don't have anything on him or anything proving my innocence (Unless you include meta game stuff, but even that isn't proof) but I'll answer any question asked of me. That's the best I can do at this point...