calthax
Karyian

Question SS10?

Is there gonna be a SS10?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Re: SS10?

Well, here is the thing, the main problem with making worlds nowadays is getting them to be tested. I think the ATC was a very bad idea, although PUP, Nim Vier, and I would be happy to test, it's just our opinions, how about something new.

I think Jamul seriously lost his marbles with the community of Hamumu Software. He is falling into Americanism on one side, and just disorginisation on the other.

Maybe there will be an SS10, but who would want to test the worlds other than a small group?

I really regret sending Jamul an apology for me overreacting and stating that he lost his reputation, in fact, I think he has lost his reputation.

Last edited by REACTOR; 06-17-2014 at 12:52 AM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Edit: This post got a bit long. Hopefully not too ranty, but still ranty enough!

... He's working on Growtopia. There's an update pretty much every two weeks. Not to mention sorting out the moderating, bug fixing, and dealing with people's issues that come from it.

I don't think he's lost his marbles, just because he isn't doing what you think he should be doing. If anything, he'd have to lose his marbles to come back to just working on Hamumu-y things (or he'd have to stop enjoying working on Growtopia, which doesn't look likely).*
He's had financial struggles in the past, as documented in the journals, and I don't know how much money Growtopia pulls in, but I have to assume it's probably being more profitable than what he was doing before.

Think he's being a money grubber and selling out? Welcome to the real world. You need money to live, if your job isn't making what you need to live on then it's time to change the plan. Even so, he's still making games, and I think it's a pretty fun game at that, so I wouldn't call him a sell out, lazy, or losing his way.

Think there won't be a SS10 because of the ATC? No. Look at the past "holiday" world sets. Only 1-2 entries in each, if any are submitted at all. It doesn't matter if the ATC fails if there's no worlds to test.

Here you are criticisizing the ATC, and offer to do essentially the same exact thing.... I just... What? If you've got a group of people willing to test worlds, test them in the ATC, get them stamped with approval, and then send them off. Jamul would probably be more likely to release worlds if there were a number of them ready to be set up, going through the work to post them any time a single world is ready is sort of impractical. There was something like a two year gap in world postings, and only one world was made and approved in that time.

You think the ATC was a very bad idea? Jamul gave the community a chance to continue to have the worlds tested. He lost "World Tester Guy" a long time ago, worlds could have stopped being released right then and there. Instead, he came up with a new solution. You could hardly blame him for trying.

That's all not even taking into account that SwC is over a decade old. By that time most games stop being supported all together, unless the community takes over support (Which has in part happened here, with SM helping to release a new beta of the game, the attempted ATC, and possibly other things not on the top of my mind currently)

All in all, I pretty much disagree with everything you've said.

*Hamumu-y things refers to big games, like Loonyland, Dr. Lunatic, and similar. Jamul has detailed why bigger games are simply impractical at this point. Though I wonder if Growtopia could grow the fanbase enough to make such a game practical... I still want that Happy Pony Gate game to happen. What with his new networking knowledge and fanbase from growtopia, it could work man! One can always dream, eh?

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 06-17-2014 at 12:57 PM.
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Think he's being a money grubber and selling out? Welcome to the real world. You need money to live, if your job isn't making what you need to live on then it's time to change the plan. Even so, he's still making games, and I think it's a pretty fun game at that, so I wouldn't call him a sell out, lazy, or losing his way.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Okay well maybe you disagree with me, the Americanism part still gets to me. Okay, I know it's the real world here, and that some games should just probably be left alone, but to me, there is still the problem of ethical issues. How can he go on making a game that is morally wrong in so many ways, and Solee, Seth, and him just dismiss the real problems with "It's The Wild West Out There". Disagree or not, that's my opinion.

Edit: And also, the dismissive sentences have a lot of implications. And a game just isn't a game.

Last edited by REACTOR; 06-17-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #6
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
Okay well maybe you disagree with me, the Americanism part still gets to me. Okay, I know it's the real world here, and that some games should just probably be left alone, but to me, there is still the problem of ethical issues. How can he go on making a game that is morally wrong in so many ways, and Solee, Seth, and him just dismiss the real problems with "It's The Wild West Out There". Disagree or not, that's my opinion.

Edit: And also, the dismissive sentences have a lot of implications. And a game just isn't a game.
Growtopia is not 'morally wrong'. You got scammed. Build a bridge, get over it. It's simply impossible for three people to police such a large user base, while still offering technical support and updates. Luckily, the game has tools you can acquire, that allow you to moderate your world however you want. And another tool to stop people finding your world. So take some personal responsibility instead of blaming Jamul and Seth for the actions of a community they can't fully control.

OT: There aren't really any world submits for SS anymore, so it might not happen.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Edit: And I am taking personal responsibility and also ensuring that no one untrustworthy or flaky has access to any of my sister's or my worlds. I am here simply speaking out my opinions and concerns.

But I will not go down that easily, one thing that really got me from the FAQ was this:

"If you give a person access to your world, that person has the right to grief it".

And I didn't just get scammed, oh no I didn't, I got scammed 14 times for being nice to people, and my sister too, my other friends also experienced the same problem, we get harassed a lot, some people even sexual harassed some of my friends there, generally, I think that's enough said to improve ethical issues. Instead of selling their souls to the ever wanting more-items people who will just leave at the sight of their ideas not being implemented, how about spending update time on trying to prevent these sorts of immoral things from happening.

After all, shouldn't he do what's right? I am not exactly sure who has the most power over Growtopia.

Speaking of which, several people also suffer from the same thing. Don't they want people to play the game afterall?

Last edited by REACTOR; 06-18-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Wait a minute, edited it at night, and suddenly, your post appeared
Old 06-18-2014, 05:00 AM   #8
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Edit: And I am taking personal responsibility and also ensuring that no one untrustworthy or flaky has access to any of my sister's or my worlds. I am here simply speaking out my opinions and concerns.

But I will not go down that easily, one thing that really got me from the FAQ was this:

"If you give a person access to your world, that person has the right to grief it".
Something tells me that this was used in a larger context that you are ignoring, because by jove if anyone here ignores context it's you.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Okay, I just give up fully. I am not sure what else to say, but my thoughts still exist. No matter what some say about my unrefined ways.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #10
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

not sure if I should be saying this, but I sorta kinda agree with everything hyperme has said so far
Old 06-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #11
Hammered
Nailed It!

Most off topic post for Dr. Lunatic ... evah.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #12
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Quote:
After all, shouldn't he do what's right? I am not exactly sure who has the most power over Growtopia.
I think the beauty of a game like Growtopia is that the community have the most power. Sure, it leads to some bad situations, and having played a bit of LoL, which has arguably the most toxic community of the internet, I can say from experience that for every rude person, there are another 5 or 10 that happily play the game and act like "good human beings". Note that i haven't played any growtopia so am not sure exactly how relevant this is.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #13
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I think those stats are wrong, people are constantly stealing, they are constantly planning to steal from you, and if they are in their own right position, they can blackmail you, destroy your items, harass you, it should be, for every 5-10 immoral people, there are just 1-2 good people.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:49 AM   #14
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Then we clearly have had different experiences.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #15
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Totally guys, I just give up, keeping to one side that it's out of context, do you atleast agree on any of my points?

Last edited by REACTOR; 06-20-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:56 AM   #16
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

I agree that on the internet, behind the mask of anonymity, people can be mean and rude, but this is a part of human nature. However, if people have a problem with this, I think its time for said people to find a new game or at least deal with the issue. If im not enjoying a game, ill play another game.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
Hammered
Nailed It!

Can a mod change the title of this and moe it to growtopia where it belongs?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #18
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigacat View Post
I agree that on the internet, behind the mask of anonymity, people can be mean and rude, but this is a part of human nature. However, if people have a problem with this, I think its time for said people to find a new game or at least deal with the issue. If im not enjoying a game, ill play another game.
-_-