Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default How to motivate me to make worlds...

I want to see how much of the community would actually care if I created a set of Dr. Lunatic SWC worlds. So, if you would care if I created multiple worlds and shared them here in the forums type this symbol, '^' and post it, if you wouldn't care and don't think it would make much of a difference then type this symbol 'v'. This is what I will use to motivate myself to keep building my worlds. If enough people care about the worlds, it might just speed along the process because I will feel like the projects have more of a purpose.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-13-2014 at 07:38 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
ChessManiac
Dumb Person
 
ChessManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: A parallel Universe of Anza CA
Posts: 107
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

'^' I totally care and am curious as to your style of world building, also want to play a fresh new world. :P
__________________
Key to making worlds: 1. Stop playing Dr L SWC.
2. Play other games, keep this up for half a year.
3. Get bored, rediscover the game. 4. WORLD MAKING!!
ChessManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessManiac View Post
'^' I totally care and am curious as to your style of world building, also want to play a fresh new world. :P
Here is the thing. I already started building two worlds, and I wouldn't need motivation, but because of the way they are being created, I do. I sometimes fear that because I put so much time into a certain level and make it so good, that I won't be able to make other levels like that because they will take way too much time. The task has become overwhelmingly huge. I am using all the specials up on every single level. And there aren't as many duplicates as you would think. In fact over half of them are not copies of anything. If you add that up I am going to be making nearly 6000 specials. That takes a long time. Not to mention I am making a smaller world that could potentially turn into something having the same amount of specials, that is if I exhaust every default prop and enemy in the game by putting them all in that world, it is planned that I am going to use each enemy type at least once AND I am trying to use variety in tiles such as using desert, arctic, forest, asylum, castle, etc., that way I can implement all those enemies.

It'll be worth it, I think.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-14-2014 at 01:32 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyconger191 View Post
Here is the thing. I already started building two worlds, and I wouldn't need motivation, but because of the way they are being created, I do. I sometimes fear that because I put so much time into a certain level and make it so good, that I won't be able to make other levels like that because they will take way too much time. The task has become overwhelmingly huge. I am using all the specials up on every single level. And there aren't as many duplicates as you would think. In fact over half of them are not copies of anything. If you add that up I am going to be making nearly 6000 specials. That takes a long time. Not to mention I am making a smaller world that could potentially turn into something having the same amount of specials, that is if I exhaust every default prop and enemy in the game by putting them all in that world, it is planned that I am going to use each enemy type at least once AND I am trying to use variety in tiles such as using desert, arctic, forest, asylum, castle, etc., that way I can implement all those enemies.

It'll be worth it, I think.
I hope people understand the humor in that.

Otherwise I will seem egotistical. The humor is concerning egotism.

There is more that needs to be bold, but you should get the picture.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-14-2014 at 01:41 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
Pup514
Hounds 'About
 
Pup514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Middle East
Posts: 19
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

'^', cares! Putting all your effort into one level shows bad world building, it's not easy finding a balance.
__________________
Pup514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
FlatOutLie
Cake
 
FlatOutLie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: On your plate. Hah I lied
Posts: 99
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

'^' I CARE I want to play some of your world lol they look cool
__________________
FlatOutLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
ChessManiac
Dumb Person
 
ChessManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: A parallel Universe of Anza CA
Posts: 107
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutLie View Post
'^' I CARE I want to play some of your world lol they look cool
Uhm dude, do you have Dr Lunatic Supreme With Cheese? It looks like you are caught in a bind.
__________________
Key to making worlds: 1. Stop playing Dr L SWC.
2. Play other games, keep this up for half a year.
3. Get bored, rediscover the game. 4. WORLD MAKING!!
ChessManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 501
Thumbs up

I'm kind of late to the party but I would definitely play your worlds. If you release it, I'll attempt to play it.

On the other hand I can't even comprehend how someone could use that many specials. I use on average about 30 specials per level. I guess my worlds are just a bit more basic.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 07-18-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
tyconger191
Badguy
 
tyconger191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Default Re: How to motivate me to make worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver View Post
I'm kind of late to the party but I would definitely play your worlds. If you release it, I'll attempt to play it.

On the other hand I can't even comprehend how someone could use that many specials. I use on average about 30 specials per level. I guess my worlds are just a bit more basic.
I have a hard time not using them all, it gets really irritating when I run out of specials, I wish that you could place an infinite number of them and that the variables went on to 999 or something (example: G999) because then you could make really, really awesome things. I can't even fit all the features I want in my world, it really is a shame there aren't more resources. I was working on a simple memory game using only tiles and specials + variables today, but even there I know I am going to run out of specials, so I am going to have to cancel the whole level.

I think my next goal with specials will be creating unlockable characters... or something. After I am done with my current worlds and if I am still interested in creating worlds at that time.

Actually I probably could have finished the memory game, it just seemed kind of boring and I didn't feel people would like it.
__________________
Am I PARANOID? Or am I... actually, nope probably just paranoid.

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds

Last edited by tyconger191; 07-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Platform To Make Worlds? ChessManiac Total Mayhem 10 07-15-2014 01:33 PM
Let's Make a Map! Boneheads Total Mayhem 16 04-13-2010 01:55 PM
Make up some cool worlds fourwind Total Mayhem 5 01-31-2009 09:20 PM
Who wants to make a TD varkarrus Making Dumb Games 0 05-03-2008 06:47 PM
Redbone's Worlds: Guide to my Worlds! Redbone Dr. Lunatic 0 04-17-2008 06:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.